The Xanax Club, Let Us Know How You Are Feeling Today

[...]

Hi Baddove,

Thank you for posting!!  We have definitely had to learn alot through this process and we all seem to be adapting and adjusting! 

Yes, it is so nice to have sweet, caring  and genuine people posting who really do care about each other!!

I agree with your therapist and SeaSalt - you really are an expert on benzo's and you have taught me a lot!!

Sorry for the issues with your doses but I am glad that the yoga helps you!!  That will get you through and I hope things lighten up for you!!!  I am also praying that you recover quickly from your surgery and that you will feel better soon and can eat whatever you want!!

Thank you for your encouragement and for posting even when you are having a hard time!!

I agree that we are all due some relief from all these darn waves!!!  I am ready!!!!

I hope you have a good night!!

Love and hugs!!!

Julia  :smitten:

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [to...]

• [Di...]

• [...]

• [se...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Julia, thank you for the tip regarding the covid test.  I’m so glad you didn’t have covid.  I’m pretty sure mine is withdrawal as the sore throat oddly feels better this evening.

Almost through this week…stay strong!

Hi Laurie - you are welcome!!  I had looked up testing and I just could not wait for days.  It was on a Saturday and I was just so scared.  Even being vaccinated, I was really upset.  I am glad that I did not have covid too and I also hope you do not either!  I would agree it is withdrawal, like with me!!  LOL  It is just so random and there is no rhyme or reason to any of this.  I am glad your throat is better tonight!!

I am a little better this evening too!!  Thank goodness.  Mornings until after 4 pm are really the hardest for me right now but I do see a little improvement each day!!  I am getting through it!!

I hope tomorrow is even better for you!!!

Love and hugs and sending prayers,

Hey Laurie so glad your sore throat is better.  Just like Mary benzo witch is throwing everything she can think of at you.

Hugs and prayers ❤

Hey Debbie, I hope this evening is better for you!!!  Keeping you in my prayers.

Love and hugs,

Julia  :smitten:  ❤

Thank you Julia.  I'm about the same.  So glad you are feeling better.

Hugs and prayers ❤❤❤

Hi Buddies!

I’m sorry I haven’t got on as much lately. I just needed a break, and I’ve had a lot going on. I’ve got a friend with bad cancer and my husband had to leave this morning for Louisiana. He’s a power lineman and his company volunteered some workers to go help and so he went. I had a hard time with it as we are always together except for a storm job. I’ve been struggling with a good day and then a day of withdrawals. We also were supposed to be leaving today for our long awaited Colorado trip so now that’s cancelled. I was bummed and it put me in a emotional mess with him leaving. The waterworks would not stop. Fricken dumb benzo withdrawl. I hate this monster. I stayed in a pity party for a day or so when I found out he would be leaving and then decided I was once again not going to let the benzo win this. My cousin from Colorado called and said you could fly out and I’ll lick you up. Originally we were going to go stay in their second home in the mountains just my husband and I. I got all nervous and hee hawed around and my son finally said, mom you can do this……I know you can. You can fly to Denver and your cousin will pick you up. He said I’m so strong to get to where I’m at and that he believed in me. He text me every direction in the Denver airport so I would know exactly where I was going. Well, I did it….I booked a ticket and am flying ALONE to Colorado. I can’t believe I’m doing it. I will stay at my cousins home in Boulder with her and go camping, paddle boarding, hiking and just have fun time with her and her family. I will be gone from Thursday to Tuesday. I decided Im going to push myself into the uncomfortable zone again and make myself get comfortable again. Like I use to be. I wasn’t letting benzo shut another thing down for me. I miss my husband and wish we were still going, but I understand him needing to work. I’ll miss him terribly. We are so close and do most everything together. He’s my everything. Anyway, that was a lot about me. I’m definitely having some symptoms but I’m going to keep pushing forward. My stomach and heartburn are bad and I feel some nervousness and a few others. This too shall pass.

I’m so sorry for you that are suffering. Julia you will get there and even out soon. I can’t wait for that to happen for you and for you to feel better from all your stress and cuts. Debbie, I’m so sorry you are plagued by stomach and anxiety. It’s the pits and you’ve had your share for sure. Laurie, good thing to get a Covid test but it’s probably withdrawals. Keep the faith it will get better and even when you have a withdrawl setback you will work out of it. I can’t wait for,all of us to feel good and be free of this! Baddove, yiu are amazing and inspirational! You fight like no,other. Enzo,I hope you’re doing good! You’re getting down there in dose.

I’m praying,for you all and sending hugs and love to each of you everyday! You are all special to me and I hope you all get better days soon. You all deserve them!

Love,

Mary  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Mary,

Wow, I am so sorry to hear of your friends cancer, this must be difficult.  I am sure you will be a great source of support.

I am so proud of you for taking your life back from this horrible drug.  You have done this before when you took your parents on that trip a few months ago, you were hesitant but you did it and it was wonderful.  There is no doubt this trip will be wonderful as well, I know you are strong enough to do this.

This journey has taught me that battling your fears is so important.  If you let it win, it has all the control.

Enjoy every moment of this trip, think of it as your reward for concurring this demon.  Remember what you have gone through and how hard it was to get here.  Relax, relax, relax!  I think this will be such a great distraction.  I want to hear all the details when you return!

Your making great progress in your recovery!

Laurie

Mary

Love that your taking the trip. Time in nature is very soothing. Alone time can be very positive, it gives us the opportunity for being silent and still without distraction. (chores, bills, phones, home things) When your hiking and other things, take some sit or lay down time to just be.  When I was biking, I always took breaks like that. I would also usually build a cairn from rocks at some point. You will need to rest anyway because of the high altitude, which will make you feel tired and winded easily.

When the fear hits, tell it you would have fear and triggers even if you stayed home, might as well do it out. And if DIA overwhelms you, just breathe. Know that it wont kill you, that's benzo BS  messing with your head. And, if it is hard, remember that you are actually diminishing future fear by proving you can and will survive in a panic or rough state. Your brain will remember next time it wants to react and thinks you are in danger. That's what our panic is, the brain kicks into survival mode because we are in a new environment. We have to teach it that not everything new is a threat by doing the "new" things.

If this is your first time at DIA, enjoy the train ride from your terminal to baggage claim. I always put bright pink ribbons on my suitcase with long streamers so it would stand out in the carousel. Check out some of the very strange art, like the giant blue horse.

When you see the mountains as you drive in from the airport, remember I live up there and will be waving at you, you can wave back. Maybe imagining that you have a friend looking over you from the top will give you comfort. Let us know if you need support on your trip, and we will all support you in our own ways.

Very proud of you.

bonus prize: Your trip will involve planes, trains and automobiles (like the movie title)

Hi Buddies!

I’m sorry I haven’t got on as much lately. I just needed a break, and I’ve had a lot going on. I’ve got a friend with bad cancer and my husband had to leave this morning for Louisiana. He’s a power lineman and his company volunteered some workers to go help and so he went. I had a hard time with it as we are always together except for a storm job. I’ve been struggling with a good day and then a day of withdrawals. We also were supposed to be leaving today for our long awaited Colorado trip so now that’s cancelled. I was bummed and it put me in a emotional mess with him leaving. The waterworks would not stop. Fricken dumb benzo withdrawl. I hate this monster. I stayed in a pity party for a day or so when I found out he would be leaving and then decided I was once again not going to let the benzo win this. My cousin from Colorado called and said you could fly out and I’ll lick you up. Originally we were going to go stay in their second home in the mountains just my husband and I. I got all nervous and hee hawed around and my son finally said, mom you can do this……I know you can. You can fly to Denver and your cousin will pick you up. He said I’m so strong to get to where I’m at and that he believed in me. He text me every direction in the Denver airport so I would know exactly where I was going. Well, I did it….I booked a ticket and am flying ALONE to Colorado. I can’t believe I’m doing it. I will stay at my cousins home in Boulder with her and go camping, paddle boarding, hiking and just have fun time with her and her family. I will be gone from Thursday to Tuesday. I decided Im going to push myself into the uncomfortable zone again and make myself get comfortable again. Like I use to be. I wasn’t letting benzo shut another thing down for me. I miss my husband and wish we were still going, but I understand him needing to work. I’ll miss him terribly. We are so close and do most everything together. He’s my everything. Anyway, that was a lot about me. I’m definitely having some symptoms but I’m going to keep pushing forward. My stomach and heartburn are bad and I feel some nervousness and a few others. This too shall pass.

I’m so sorry for you that are suffering. Julia you will get there and even out soon. I can’t wait for that to happen for you and for you to feel better from all your stress and cuts. Debbie, I’m so sorry you are plagued by stomach and anxiety. It’s the pits and you’ve had your share for sure. Laurie, good thing to get a Covid test but it’s probably withdrawals. Keep the faith it will get better and even when you have a withdrawl setback you will work out of it. I can’t wait for,all of us to feel good and be free of this! Baddove, yiu are amazing and inspirational! You fight like no,other. Enzo,I hope you’re doing good! You’re getting down there in dose.

I’m praying,for you all and sending hugs and love to each of you everyday! You are all special to me and I hope you all get better days soon. You all deserve them!

Love,

Mary  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hi Mary so glad you checked in.  I am so sorry you have had such an emotional struggle and that your trip with your husband had to be canceled.  I know you were both looking so forward to it.  I am so happy for you that you decided to go on out and visit your cousin.  Sounds like they have a lot of exciting stuff planned for you.  What a blessing that your son was able to guide you through the airport.  Have a wonderful time and tell us all about it.

Love and hugs❤

Hi Laurie,

Hope you felt better today and that your sore throat is gone.  Another week almost gone and I'm ready for it to be go!

Love and hugs❤

Hi Julia,

I hope you are ok.  I was afraid since you didn't post today that it hasn't been a good day for you.  I haven't been on either until now my day wasn't that great but was a tiny bit better than yesterday.

Love and hugs❤

Hello Debbie,

So glad to hear you are feeling a little better.  I have been holding my own, but feeling sick the whole week.  Having a covid test this morning to rule that out.

Julia, I hope things are ok, let us know how you are.

Another week down!!

Hello Debbie,

So glad to hear you are feeling a little better.  I have been holding my own, but feeling sick the whole week.  Having a covid test this morning to rule that out.

Another week down!!

Hi Laurie,

Praying that your covid test is negative and that you feel better today.  Please let us know about your test.

Love and hugs❤

Laurie I hope your test will be negative! Mary good job in going anyways! As for me withdrawals weren’t bad enough I also got the flu, not fun at all to get it right now feeling already sick

Hi Mary,

I am sorry about your friend who has cancer!!  That is very sad!  I will keep her in my prayers.  I know that your support and encouragement and positivity will be helpful to her!!

I am also sorry that your husband had to go to help with the storm but I know you have pride that he is helping so many people and doing amazing and important work. 

Wow - that is awesome that you are still taking your trip, what a wonderful son to encourage you to go and help you.  Sounds like he gets that wonderful quality from you and your husband.  I know it will be hard without your husband with you but I am glad that you went and that you did not let a benzo keep you from living life!!  I know you had been looking forward to it!!  When you and your husband get back, I hope you can plan a wonderful trip together.  Maybe the withdrawals will be even less and you can enjoy whatever you do even more!!!

I hope you have a wonderful time with your cousin.  It sounds wonderful!!!

I love you and am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. 

Thank you Mary - I will glad when I even out too.  It will get better, I am a little better than I was at the beginning of the week.  I think holding another week is what I need to do and be able to feel better and then keep cutting. 

Love you,

Julia  :angel::smitten::hug::mybuddy:

Hi Julia,

I hope you are ok.  I was afraid since you didn't post today that it hasn't been a good day for you.  I haven't been on either until now my day wasn't that great but was a tiny bit better than yesterday.

Love and hugs❤

Hi Debbie - I hope today is better for you!!!  I have been thinking about you and hoping things are getting better and that you have been able to get your schedule with all the meds straight.  What a pain!!!  I know you can do it.

Yesterday I did not post as I was dealing with a situation and it was very emotional and caused extreme anxiety.  I tried to get on last night but my eyes were hurting and had a terrible headache.  I am better this morning. 

Love you and I am thinking about you!!  :smitten:

Love,

Julia

Hello Debbie,

Another week down!!

Hi Laurie - I hope your covid test is negative and that gives you some relief.  I am so sorry that you have been sick this whole week.  I pray things get better for you!!!

I am hanging in there.  I had a situation that I had to deal with yesterday that was very emotional and I had extreme anxiety but I got it resolved.  It was a rough day in terms of that! 

I am getting a little better as each day goes by with the changes I made last Sunday with getting accurate doses and doing equal doses.  I am going to wait another week before I make another cut.  I think I may have made a very small one making the changes.  I think I need to give myself time to feel better and than continue making cuts.

Please let us know how things go with your test.

Prayers and hugs,

Laurie I hope your test will be negative! Mary good job in going anyways! As for me withdrawals weren’t bad enough I also got the flu, not fun at all to get it right now feeling already sick

So sorry you have the flu, I agree that is rough when you already do not feel well!!! I hope you feel better soon!!

Hugs,

Julia

Hi,

Just wanted to say that I did not post yesterday as it was a very emotional day and full of anxiety as I had to deal with a situation that needed my attention.  I am hoping it has been resolved.  For now, I think it has!  I just felt so bad from that and then of course it ramped up my WD. 

I took a 3 hour nap yesterday evening and then when I went to bed I slept for 9 hours!  I needed it. 

Today my stomach is hurting and I am having issues with my ears but I am hanging in there.  i will get better as the day goes on! 

I hope you all have a good day and know I am keeping you all in my prayers.

Love and hugs,

Baddove,

I hope you are doing better and I am thinking about you! You have a wonderful way of writing posts that are so soothing and helpful to so many!!!!  You have a gift and you are so caring and wise!!!

Love you,

Julia  :smitten: :smitten:

I am down in a hole. Past 3 days have been agony. Will write when this resolves. :smitten:

Hi Baddove,

So sorry you are having a really rough time!!  I hope it will get better for you soon!!!  Sending prayers and hugs.

Love,

Hey Laurie - how are you doing?  I hope things went well with the covid test!!!  I am thinking about you!!!

Hi Debbie - How are you this afternoon?  I hope you are better!!!!  Hugs

Mary - I hope your are having an awesome time!!!!  You deserve it!!!

Baddove - I hope things ease up for you!!!  Prayers!!!

EnxoIt - I hope you are feeling better too and that the flu leaves you soon!!!

Hugs and love and lots of prayers for us!!!

Julia

Julia, I am so sorry you had such an awful day yesterday.  Praying that everything calms down for you.  We all need a break.

Baddove, hoping you get relief quick seems like everyone is struggling a lot.

Laurie, how are you today praying your test was negative.

Enzolt, I'm so sorry you have the flu that is so uncomfortable.  Praying you feel better soon.

Prayers and love for everyone ❤❤❤