The Xanax Club, Let Us Know How You Are Feeling Today

[...]

Hello!

It's been a while since I have checked in. I don't know everyone's status, so I can't comment.

I am down to .08mg twice a day and I have been doing that for a week with no ill effects. Last night, I forgot to take my bedtime dose, so I only took .08mg in 24 hours. I am going back to taking it twice a day until it's done. My GI symptoms have improved so that gives me hope and I had a window for about a week where my sleep was much improved, up to 7 hours, but now I am having insomnia again. Experiencing the window did help me have hope, though, that my sleep will come back. Only 2 months to go, if I get my way, until I am done with Xanax.

Has anybody jumped since I was gone?

Hugs!!!!

HM

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [to...]

• [Di...]

• [...]

• [se...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Heartmost,

WOW that is amazing!!!  You are so blessed to have tapered that quickly.  Congratulations!

Good day, Debbie :) Thank you for the congratulations. I am feeling a little anxious but not enough to qualify as an anxiety attack. As of this morning, I am down to .07mg twice a day, so .14mg a day. I am dropping. 01.mg per dose every week, so I am hoping to be done in 7 weeks. How are you? I haven't been on in a while.

HM

Hi Heartmost,

I am just so happy for you.

I'm not very good lots of anxiety.  The doctor thinks I have an ulcer so I'm on medication.  Unfortunately it's not a quick fix I'm having lots of stress from it.  I am so ready to feel better. 

Thank you for asking.

Have a good weekend.

Julia, I am so sorry you had such an awful day yesterday.  Praying that everything calms down for you.  We all need a break.

Baddove, hoping you get relief quick seems like everyone is struggling a lot.

Laurie, how are you today praying your test was negative.

Enzolt, I'm so sorry you have the flu that is so uncomfortable.  Praying you feel better soon.

Prayers and love for everyone ❤❤❤

Thanks Debbie - Thank you, I am a lot better today.  How are you doing?  I know things have been so rough for you and I am praying things improve soon!!!

Love you,

Julia  :smitten:

Hi Julia,

I am so glad you are feeling alot better today that is wonderful.  It's time you got a break

I don't feel well today started out this morning so much anxiety and my stomach is hurting, headache and flushing.I'm wondering if some of it is from getting upset yesterday.  Ugh!

Love and hugs❤

Hi Julia,

I am so glad you are feeling alot better today that is wonderful.  It's time you got a break

I don't feel well today started out this morning so much anxiety and my stomach is hurting, headache and flushing.I'm wondering if some of it is from getting upset yesterday.  Ugh!

Love and hugs❤

Hey Debbie - So sorry you do not feel well.  I am hoping all the meds together are not making things worse.  I am sure that has caused some anxiety and I am also sure being upset yesterday is a factor.  I am usually worse for a day or so after I have been upset.  I hope you get some relief!!

Thank you, I really do think I am adjusting but think waiting another week is what I need to do.  We both need and deserve a break!!!!

Praying for us both!!!!

Hoping Laurie is ok.  She has not posted today and I also hope Mary is having a great time and doing well.

Love you,

Thank you so much Julia.  Yes we both need a break so badly.  I'm glad you are going to hold.

I bet Mary is having a great time.  I hope Laurie is ok too.

Love and hugs❤

Thank you so much Julia.  Yes we both need a break so badly.  I'm glad you are going to hold.

I bet Mary is having a great time.  I hope Laurie is ok too.

Love and hugs❤

You are welcome!!!!  Yes we do.  Me too - it also takes some pressure off myself do hold another week. 

I bet Mary is.  Yeah - I am concerned about Laurie - it does not look like she has been on at all today!! And did not respond yesterday afternoon - I hope she does not have covid and that she is just taking a break from here.

Will keep praying for us!!!

Love you,

Julia

Help!!

Hi  Ive posted before regarding my dizziness symptoms which im suspecting is coming from withdrawal. For 2 days now , ive been having severe dizziness what feels like in the back of my head.

This is besides my contant dizziness /floating /swaying feeling that Im experiencing constantly for 3 months. For these 2 days, not even laying down helps. Also the hissing(tinnitus) is very loud and my ears feel so full of pressure. Can this severe episode and symptoms be due to withdrawal?

If it is withdrawal symptoms that leaves me bedridden, How much do I start taking of xanax? 1x month and cut dose?once a week?  Or should I never take it again and hope this passes?

How long does it take for this to get out of my system? Im so confused and feel really bad!!

Please help me! Hoping someone can guide me or has had similar experience?

10 years of taking .25mg once a month/sometimes 1x every 2 months. (For sleep)

Took .25mg 4xs for 1 month. (Due to my dizziness)

Took .25mg 1x /day for 4 days due to anxiety and severe dizziness)

Stopped taking it completely for 3 weeks now.

(Severe constant dizzy episodes for 2 days now)

Help!!

Hi  Ive posted before regarding my dizziness symptoms which im suspecting is coming from withdrawal. For 2 days now , ive been having severe dizziness what feels like in the back of my head.

This is besides my contant dizziness /floating /swaying feeling that Im experiencing constantly for 3 months. For these 2 days, not even laying down helps. Also the hissing(tinnitus) is very loud and my ears feel so full of pressure. Can this severe episode and symptoms be due to withdrawal?

If it is withdrawal symptoms that leaves me bedridden, How much do I start taking of xanax? 1x month and cut dose?once a week?  Or should I never take it again and hope this passes?

How long does it take for this to get out of my system? Im so confused and feel really bad!!

Hello patrick,

I see when you joined the forum in 2011 you were taking Bromazepam, did you successfully taper off of that?

Getting the drug out of your system isn't the problem, this happens quickly but repairing the changes it has made to your brain is the challenge we face and this takes a long time.  If you'll read chapter 3 of The Ashton Manual, you'll see that what you're feeling is very common.

Its wonderful you're Xanax free, this means your brain is working to restore you to good health, but as I said, this takes time so try to hang in there and distract yourself as best you can because this is one of our coping tools.  Hopefully others will stop by to offer their support.

Pamster

Help!!

Hi Patrick,

I am sorry you are suffering with those symptoms.  I have them myself, some days are better than others.  I agree with what Pamster said.  There is also a thread where buddies are talking about this very thing and I think they may be able to help you. 

Topic: The Dizziness Group: For those who are floating, boating, falling or flying

The link is below:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=128947.0  This is from the beginning of the thread

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=128947.7460      This is the most recent post - this is a very long thread - over 738 pages which shows this is a very common problem for a lot of people.

I have had this issue since last November when I made a accidental double cut from my xanax.  Since then I have issues but for me, I am still on the xanax and still lowering my doses so my brain and CNS is still having to adjust constantly.  For you, since you are off the med, it will take time to heal but it does happen.  As Pamster said, this is a common symptom. 

If it were me, I would not go back to taking the xanax.  If you can hang on, that is what I would do. 

I would check out the thread I put a link to above as there may be buddies there that may be able to help you as well as that is what the entire thread is about. 

I hope this goes away for you soon as I totally understand how frightening and debilitating these symptoms can be.  The more stressed i am , the worse the dizziness and off balance are.  I agree that distracting yourself can be a very useful tool..

Julia

Hey Laurie - How are you doing?  I hope you are ok.  Been thinking about you!

Debbie - We need a break with our stomach's , that is for sure.  One day they will get better and we will get relief.

Mary - I hope you are having a wonderful time and enjoying your trip.

Baddove - I pray this is a better day for you!!!

EnzoIt - I hope your doing better with your cut!!

Been a rough day and not feeling well.  I was doing better but today hit me hard!!!  I know things will change and get better but I really want it to get better right now!!  I hope after my 3rd dose in an hour, it will get better.

Take care and all we can do is go one day at a time!!!!

Hugs and prayers,

Patrick- what you are going through is completely normal. read through the links on dizziness Julia gave you. Her advice to you was spot on as well. Your going to get through this, but it does take time.

Also, you will get info and support in here:

Post-withdrawal Recovery Support

Cold Turkey, Detox & Rapid Withdrawal

Everyone else, you are all waiting out horrible symptoms, I hope everyone starts to move towards stability and tolerable symptoms. Seems like were all in the acute wave pattern, any break anyone gets, even if it's not consistent makes me feel better about all of you.

The CNS is just going to do what it wants, and we can't do anything but get through it, and cry, and get  mad, and work to not fall into despair very much.

Slept well last night, and dose 1 at my regular dose was fine. Dose 2 turned nasty, as it has been, I had cut out .25 from it for 2 days, didn't help (paradox) went back up to where it was and it stated to paradox. I was so mad I got in the car and went to the post office and Natural Grocers for a few things.

Pretty physically wiped out from going out and doing 2 errands, but glad I did it.  I still have a lot of recovery to go through from my surgery. But, this is an improvement. I slept, and dose 1 was workable.

Have been doing yoga every late afternoon, intensity is dependent on how sore my muscles are from previous work out.

And just waiting this out.

Loves to all :smitten:

Hello everyone,

I’m sorry I have been absent.  I am suffering nausea Ian’s some emotional issues.  I will be back when I am feeling a bit more stable.

Love you all, hope everyone has a great week..

Hello everyone,

I’m sorry I have been absent.  I am suffering nausea Ian’s some emotional issues.  I will be back when I am feeling a bit more stable.

Hi Laurie,

I am so sorry you are struggling I hope things get better for you very soon.  Julia and I have been worried about you.  Thank you for checking in.

Prayers and love :smitten:

Baddove,

I am so glad that you slept good last night!!  I am hoping things level out for you!  I know the last few months have been so difficult but you are still hanging in there and that has taken courage and great strength!!  You will make it to where you need to, just hang on!

I agree that we all just need to hold on and appreciate any break we get even if it is not constant!  It will come one day!

I am glad that you were able to get out and that you did your yoga.  I can relate to being mad at this darned med.  IT is evil!!!

Love you and I am praying for you!!

Julia  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hello everyone,

Dear Laurie - Please do what you need to do for yourself right now!!  You need some relief and maybe taking a break from here and all the talk of WD and tapering will help you to feel better!

I know you will get better and I am sorry you have been having a hard time!!  I am keeping you in my prayers!!  This is temporary - all this hell will go away for you!  Your CNS and brain needs to adjust and it will!!

I am glad that you posted.  Know we love you and appreciate you and support you!

Love you and sending big hugs and prayers!!

Julia  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten::hug: :hug: :hug:

Thank you for the reply Julia and Pamster.

Im thinking this is too hard to deal with so I would like to taper . Can you point me to the right direction how to taper from occasional use monthly? Thank you ! 🙏

Im thinking this is too hard to deal with so I would like to taper . Can you point me to the right direction how to taper from occasional use monthly? Thank you ! 🙏

I don't understand, are you still taking a benzo?

Hi Patrick - If I have read your post correctly - you are saying that you want to reinstate and then taper - correct?  I do not know how to do a taper from occasional monthly use.  I would suggest you go to the taper board and start a new topic asking for assistance there.  I am sure people have done this but I have no experience with it.  I hope this helps.    You just go to the link below and then click on New Topic and then hopefully someone who knows how to do this will respond.

I am sure this is difficult for you.  I wish you good luck and that you feel better.

Julia

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?board=56.0

Laurie,

I am sorry you're having such severe nausea. I hope you feel better soon.

Julia,

It's good to see you are still actively posting.

Patrick,

Welcome, I hope you get steered in the right direction for your taper.

I am having some anxiety that I hope goes away. I think it was Lori, if I am not mistaken, who said that she had really bad anxiety that completely resolved. Mine is notable today. On the plus side, my sleep seems to be getting better gradually and I am most grateful for that.

Other than the anxiety and insomnia, I am doing OK today.

Happy Labor Day,

HM

I am completely exhausted, this happens about once a week, I wonder if you folks get this symptom? Just want to sleep, but too amped to, and also don't want the toxic fall out from a nap. Not exhaustion from getting no sleep, that's different, but more like benzo flu.

I wonder if this strong fatigue is actually an expression of the CNS healing. Just like after surgery, we are bed bound for a while. Could it be that at times our CNS undergoes repair, and we are wiped out because all of the bodies energy is going into that. I have researched it and found nothing.

Would like to hear everyone's thoughts on the topic.