Important Survey - Please Participate ×

The Xanax Club, Let Us Know How You Are Feeling Today

[...]

Hi Julia,

How are you feeling?  I hope you continue to feel better each day.

Hi Enzolt,

Hope your weekend is going better for you.

Hi Bad dove,

How are you doing?  Praying the dental work hasn't worn you down.

Prayers and ❤

Hi Debbie - It has not been the best day so far, full of anxiety and I am shaky and my stomach hurts alot.  Changing to all equal doses will take some time to adjust to but at least I know what dose I am taking!!!  I am looking forward to feeling better soon!!!!!

I hope you are having a better day and that you get some porch time.  I sat on the porch for a little while this morning and it was not too hot. 

I am praying for you and for us to get better.

Love and hugs,

Julia  :smitten:

Hi Julia,

I'm so sorry you are having  such a bad day.  I'm sure it will take a bit for you to get used to evening out your doses plus all the suffering you have endured for the past several days.  You are so strong and full of determination you will do this!  Its good that you don't have wonder and worry about if your doses are right any longer. 

Glad you got some porch time I have too.  It's a little warm but at least there is a breeze.

Praying you adjust to your doses quickly.

My stomach is upset again doesn't seem to really matter what I eat or don't eat.  Do you have pain or is it just really uncomfortable?  I'm not having pain symptoms it feels more gassy sometimes bloated feeling and burning I don't have an appetite.  I don't burp or have flatulence much at all.  It's just strange.

Praying we both feel better soon.

Love and hugs ❤

Hey Debbie,

I am actually a tiny bit better this afternoon and it is close to the time for my 3rd dose so I am hoping that helps too!  I agree that it will be so much better not worrying about if my doses are correct!!  Some days I do not feel strong at all but thank you for saying that!!  Some days are harder than others!!  I know you will make it and can do this too!  You are also strong and determined and that makes a difference.

I am glad you got some porch therapy even though it was warm.  We use fans on ours to make it tolerable. 

Thank you for the prayers!!!  Keep them coming!!  I am praying for you as well!!

I am sorry your stomach is still bothering you!!  What I feel is pain and sometimes like now, I have right side pain and lower abdomen pain too.  I have had it checked out and they say there is nothing wrong with my organs so I feel it is just this darn withdrawal!!  I have had stomach problems for quite some time and I am guessing I will continue to have them until after this is over and I have healed.  I still think that taking prilosec for so long has something to do with my pain but I can not taper from that right now, it would just be too much at one time.

It sounds like yours is anxiety and the taper.  If it continues I would have it checked out. 

I am thinking about you and praying we get better too!!!!

Love and hugs,

Julia  :smitten: :smitten:

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [to...]

• [Di...]

• [...]

• [se...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Julia,

So glad you are feeling some better this afternoon!  Maybe that third dose will really help you.    That's good you at least know there isn't something going on with your stomach.  I may have to give in and go to the doctor but I sure don't want to.  But it might give me peace of mind knowing one way or another. Ugh!  I sure wish your stomach pain would go away too.  It could be the prilosec but I don't blame you for not wanting to taper off anything else right now and could be like Mary's rash and go away when you get off the poison.

I tried to go outside I need to pick apples off our trees but its too hot.  It has clouded up and is thundering we sure could use the rain.

Hope your evening gets better.

Love and prayers❤

Thanks Debbie - I hope the 3rd dose helps too.  I was reading some things on the internet and I sent you a message.  It may be something to think about.

Yeah - since you have not been able to get any relief, it might be a good idea to find out for sure what is going on.  I know that sucks but sometimes that is what we need to do. 

Wow - apples sound so delicious.  I hope you do get some rain!! 

I hope your evening gets better too.

Love you!

Thank you I'll take a look.

Another thing...after I go to sleep at night my stomach doesn't hurt it usually starts in the morning around the time my anxiety kicks in. 🤷‍♀️

Thank you I'll take a look.

Another thing...after I go to sleep at night my stomach doesn't hurt it usually starts in the morning around the time my anxiety kicks in. 🤷‍♀️

Hi Debbie - interesting.  Mine does not hurt at night once I have gone to sleep either, it starts within 30 minutes of me getting up though.

When your anxiety starts - what meds have you taken by then? 

Love you,

Hi Julia,

Anxiety starts up most of the time before I take my meds...zoloft, buspirone,  lisinopril and pantoprazole .

Stomach not hurting then is one good thing we have going for us.

Hi Julia,

Anxiety starts up most of the time before I take my meds...zoloft, buspirone,  lisinopril and pantoprazole .

Stomach not hurting then is one good thing we have going for us.

Hey,

I'm guessing that you take the Ativan when you first get up? Or do you wait? I have to take my xanax as soon as I get up or I start having interdose withdrawal.

I'll check on the interaction drug checker and see what it says.

You're right, that's one good thing.

Love you!

♥️♥️♥️

Yes I take the ativan first thing. ❤

I also take the second dose of buspirone with my bedtime ativan I'm hoping that is ok.

Hi Julia,

I talked to the pharmacist at Walgreens she said the two meds didn't have to be separated because the zoloft works all day. She did say that diarrhea was a symptom of serotonin syndrome.  She asked how long I've had the stomach issues, how long I've been taking both meds, if dosage had increased and what other meds I was taking. I told her zoloft for years buspirone 7 months stopped for two weeks then started back 2 months ago.  I told her about the tapering.  She suggested a probiotic, don't think I want to go that route right now after what had happened I know that I probably over did it on the probiotic but don't want to take a chance right now, she also mentioned anxiety,  or contact my doc.  I'm going to go ahead and separate the medication because I don't have a problem when I take the buspirone at bedtime.  My stomach didn't start getting bad until mom passed and I was also weaning off the buspirone at the same time. I do think I'll try to very very slowly start weaning down the buspirone I a week or so this will take some time.  After everything with the buspirone I'm not sure if it was helping with the anxiety or it was that I weaned off it to fast. 🤦‍♀️  I'll see how it goes for a few days.  What do you think?  Oh and another thing the doctor that started all this also had told me that buspirone plays NICE with all other meds🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ her reason for putting me on buspirone she said was so I didn't "fall" when I stopped the ativan.  Of course my doctor that I have now said I could just stop it c/t!!!  HaHa

Why do I keep getting myself in a mess???

Yes I take the ativan first thing. ❤

I also take the second dose of buspirone with my bedtime ativan I'm hoping that is ok.

Hi,

I'd try taking them like 30 minutes to an hour apart and see if that helps too. That helped me with my Prilosec and Xanax issues I had.

Love you! ♥️

Hi Julia,

I talked to the pharmacist at Walgreens she said the two meds didn't have to be separated because the zoloft works all day. She did say that diarrhea was a symptom of serotonin syndrome.  She asked how long I've had the stomach issues, how long I've been taking both meds, if dosage had increased and what other meds I was taking. I told her zoloft for years buspirone 7 months stopped for two weeks then started back 2 months ago.  I told her about the tapering.  She suggested a probiotic, don't think I want to go that route right now after what had happened I know that I probably over did it on the probiotic but don't want to take a chance right now, she also mentioned anxiety,  or contact my doc.  I'm going to go ahead and separate the medication because I don't have a problem when I take the buspirone at bedtime.  My stomach didn't start getting bad until mom passed and I was also weaning off the buspirone at the same time. I do think I'll try to very very slowly start weaning down the buspirone I a week or so this will take some time.  After everything with the buspirone I'm not sure if it was helping with the anxiety or it was that I weaned off it to fast. 🤦‍♀️  I'll see how it goes for a few days.  What do you think?  Oh and another thing the doctor that started all this also had told me that buspirone plays NICE with all other meds🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ her reason for putting me on buspirone she said was so I didn't "fall" when I stopped the ativan.  Of course my doctor that I have now said I could just stop it c/t!!!  HaHa

Why do I keep getting myself in a mess???

Hi Debbie,

First off, it's not your fault. You've not been given the best medical advice from the start.

I read about the serotonin syndrome too and it did say too much serotonin and buspirone could cause some of your issues.  Stomach and anxiety.

I'm glad you called the pharmacist!

I think you have a good plan. If the buspirone is causing the stomach issues and you can slowly taper off that, then you'll feel better and tapering the Ativan will more than likely be a lot easier for you.

I think since the beginning when you were put on xanax, you've been given very bad information. You've not been able to stabilize for quite awhile. I'm glad you were able to pinpoint when your stomach started hurting the worst. At least you've got an idea how to possibly get better.

Your doctor's sound like the one's I used to have that always say" as long as you take the med as prescribed, you'll be fine"  That's such a crock.

I'm hoping you feel better knowing that the meds can interact and cause issues.

It's not your fault you've been given wrong information and medical care.

I'm keeping you in my prayers and I pray the changes help. I really do think not talking the meds together will help too.

Love you!!!♥️♥️♥️🙏🙏🙏

Thank you Julia,

You are so right I have had pretty crappy medical advise!  It is such a shame we have one of the number one hospitals around and tons of doctors you would think someone would have a clue!

Thank you so much for all your research you always have my back.

How are you feeling tonight?

Love you❤❤❤❤

Thank you Julia,

You are so right I have had pretty crappy medical advise!  It is such a shame we have one of the number one hospitals around and tons of doctors you would think someone would have a clue!

Thank you so much for all your research you always have my back.

How are you feeling tonight?

Love you❤❤❤❤

Hi Debbie - Yes, you would not think it would be so hard to find a doctor that knows what you need and who does not prescribe meds that can cause you issues, at least without telling you!  I think we have learned that we have to be our own advocates now. 

I was glad to do it.  You are part of my family and that is what you do when you care about someone!  You have suffered way too long and I just wanted to try to help you.

I am hanging in there.  I was having a really rough day until after dose 3 and I have been a tiny better since then and I just took my 4th dose.  I am hoping it will not take too long to get adjusted to the correct doses and having them all equal. 

I hope you will have a better night and a better tomorrow with less symptoms.  At least you have an idea of what you can do now to try to get better and then be able to get off the benzo.

I am going to watch some tv and rest and then go to bed!!

Sweet dreams.

Love you!  Goodnight!

:smitten: :smitten:

Thank you Julia,

You are always so sweet and compassionate I appreciate you more than you know.  I'm so glad you're feeling a little better hoping that fourth dose does the trick.  I hope you adjust quickly to your doses.

I definitely will not take the two meds close together!  I hope it helps too after I ate my evening meal my stomach was awful geez!

Love you❤

Thank you Julia,

You are always so sweet and compassionate I appreciate you more than you know.  I'm so glad you're feeling a little better hoping that fourth dose does the trick.  I hope you adjust quickly to your doses.

I definitely will not take the two meds close together!  I hope it helps too after I ate my evening meal my stomach was awful geez!

Love you❤

Hi Debbie,

Thank you - I appreciate you too!!  I was feeling better last night but this morning - not so much!  I have already taken my 2nd dose and not much different that before I took it.  I am guessing it will get better as the day goes on like yesterday.  I hope I adjust quickly too. 

I am glad you are going to make some changes.  I hope it helps you and helps you quick!  I really think that may be part of your issues with taking the meds together or close together but that is my opinion. 

I hope your morning is going well!!!

Love you!

Thank you Debbie, I really appreciate that.  Hope today you are feeling better!

Hi Laurie - I also hope your doctor's appointment goes well and I hope the doctor can give you some way to get relief.

How are you doing otherwise?  I hope things get better for you soon!!!  It must be so hard to be off the drug and still be suffering.  One thing we know is that it will get better and you will heal!!!

Love you and sending prayers your way!

Hi Julia,

I'm praying you feel better as the day goes on.  It will probably take a bit but I really believe this will help you.

I haven't taken the buspirone yet I will in a while.  I told myself that I can't let this stuff keep beating me down I have to make more of an effort.  I know they'll be days that are really bad but the other days I have to try harder.  God brought me this far He isn't done with me yet.  Did a little work outside now I'm on the porch isn't to bad out here yet.

Hope you have some porch time.

Praying for you❤❤❤

Hi Julia,

I'm praying you feel better as the day goes on.  It will probably take a bit but I really believe this will help you.

I haven't taken the buspirone yet I will in a while.  I told myself that I can't let this stuff keep beating me down I have to make more of an effort.  I know they'll be days that are really bad but the other days I have to try harder.  God brought me this far He isn't done with me yet.  Did a little work outside now I'm on the porch isn't to bad out here yet.

Praying for you❤❤❤

Hi Debbie - Thank you - I do too.  I know it will take a few days at least to get adjusted but I will get there. 

Good for you!!  I know this has been hard and you have had so much to deal with the last few months with the meds and losing your Mom.  That takes a toll.  I know things will turn around for you and you will feel better and keep going forward!!  One day at a time.  Please do not beat yourself up.  There is no way to know how to do this as everyone has different issues and circumstances.  What works for one person may not work for others.  The med thing is a hard one as how the heck are you supposed to know when to take your meds and what you can take together and what needs to be separated.  Without a doctor that tells you all that, it is a guessing game.

You will get better and things will turn around !!!  You are right - God will not desert you and will always carry you when you can not walk on your own!!! 

Glad you are hanging out on the porch.  I did a little while this morning!!  It was hot.  But - it is ok with the fans.

I hope you have a better day and I am thinking about you and praying for you!!!!

Love,

Hi Julia,

Praying for you❤❤❤

Hi Debbie - Thank you - I do too.  I know it will take a few days at least to get adjusted but I will get there. 

Good for you!!  I know this has been hard and you have had so much to deal with the last few months with the meds and losing your Mom.  That takes a toll.  I know things will turn around for you and you will feel better and keep going forward!!  One day at a time.  Please do not beat yourself up.  There is no way to know how to do this as everyone has different issues and circumstances.  What works for one person may not work for others.  The med thing is a hard one as how the heck are you supposed to know when to take your meds and what you can take together and what needs to be separated.  Without a doctor that tells you all that, it is a guessing game.

You will get better and things will turn around !!!  You are right - God will not desert you and will always carry you when you can not walk on your own!!! 

Glad you are hanging out on the porch.  I did a little while this morning!!  It was hot.  But - it is ok with the fans.

I hope you have a better day and I am thinking about you and praying for you!!!!

Love,

Hey Julia,

Just wanted to let you know I'm at urgent care.. called my doc for an appointment I have to wait for the nurse to call me back 🤦‍♀️.  Decided I didn't want to wait on them.  I'll let you know.

Hi Julia,

Praying for you❤❤❤

Love,

Hey Julia,

Just wanted to let you know I'm at urgent care.. called my doc for an appointment I have to wait for the nurse to call me back 🤦‍♀️.  Decided I didn't want to wait on them.  I'll let you know.

Hey Debbie - Please keep me posted!!!  Praying you are doing ok!!!

Love you,

Julia  :smitten: :smitten:

Hi Laurie,

How was your appointment with the doctor?  I hope it went well for you and I hope your symptoms are getting better!! You deserve a break!!!!!

Keeping you in my prayers!

Hugs,

Hey EnzoIt - How are you doing?  I hope your vision and dizziness is improving!! 

I hope you are having a good day!!

Hugs,

Hey EnzoIt - How are you doing?  I hope your vision and dizziness is improving!! 

I hope you are having a good day!!

Hugs,

Hi Julia thanks for checking with me! I’m better thanks, what about you? I feel my brain fog is lifting little by little, I still get tired easily and when there is too much stimulation but I’m able to work a little and walk a few miles a day, so I guess I’m better!