The Klonopin Klub

[re...]

Hi Alan ... that is very impressive that you force yourself to do things.  I also coped that way.  It helped to fill the hours, even though the thoughts were on the pain repetitively.  I think it is a healthy way to get thru w/d.  Congrats on the 113 days of drug freedom.

LOL @ having had enough brown rice and chicken.  :laugh:

• Replies 31.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [ca...]

• [NY...]

• [In...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Alan ... that is very impressive that you force yourself to do things.  I also coped that way.  It helped to fill the hours, even though the thoughts were on the pain repetitively.  I think it is a healthy way to get thru w/d.  Congrats on the 113 days of drug freedom.

thank you for responding

Hey Alan. My “brown rice” was oatmeal, PB, cranberries (or raisins), cinnamon, a smashed banana, maple syrup, and wheat germ. I ate it EVERY day for at least a year. Even when I was sick of it, I still ate it for fear of changing anything. Haven’t had a bowl in probably 10 months now.

The fact that you’ve decided enough is enough is big progress. I also pushed myself to do things that I really didn’t feel like doing. There was something “therapeutic” about that I believe.

eli

Joining in on the K Klub. I was put on Klonopin so I could stop Temazapam. I took my last dose a couple of days ago. I am in acute withdrawal and hope the acute phase is over soon. I need to go back to work!

thank you for responding

You are welcome.  :)

Joining in on the K Klub. I was put on Klonopin so I could stop Temazapam. I took my last dose a couple of days ago. I am in acute withdrawal and hope the acute phase is over soon. I need to go back to work!

I really hope so too Tinae!!! 

Whoopsie,

How did you get off the Lamectil? I take it also, for bipolar disorder, and am wondering if I need it. I heard that long-term use of K can produce bipolar reactions.

Thoughts?

Meanwhile, my 57th day off K was difficult. Nausea, headache, fatigue. Developing stress blisters on my nose and have crappy PMS. At least I'm handling it off any benzos...  :sick:

jaxnj

I so admire those of you in the 'K' Klub who can get out and do. If I do not just force myself to go outdoors or even drive around a bit in the car, I feel the agoraphobia starting to kick in. Is that a K thang? Is it still present when you've tapered off?

Fever? Yes. I asked about this months ago and did not get too many responses, so figured it was just a 'me' thing. Also constant dry mouth no matter how many bottles of water I've had.

Still Tryin' To Keep The Faith....T2

Whoopsie,

How did you get off the Lamectil? I take it also, for bipolar disorder, and am wondering if I need it. I heard that long-term use of K can produce bipolar reactions.

Thoughts?

Meanwhile, my 57th day off K was difficult. Nausea, headache, fatigue. Developing stress blisters on my nose and have crappy PMS. At least I'm handling it off any benzos...  :sick:

jaxnj

Hi Jaxnj,

I tapered off the Lamictal very slowly.  I'm sorry that I didn't keep written records of the amounts I cut and when.  That applies to all the drugs I came off.  That year is all a terrible blur.  I never found a benzo forum until I was 2 months off everything and struggling extraordinarily.  Congrats on the 57 days of w/d you've been thru already ... that is a long way to come.

For me, the Bipolar label was a misdiagnosis.  I know that many people really do have it and need help.  I had many intense life-stressors going on at the time of diagnosis as well as an undiagnosed thyroid disorder.  Unfortunately I yielded to what the doctor said and took the drugs.  They never made me better Jaxnj and in fact made things much, much, much worse.

I am now free of all drugs except a thyroid pill I take each morning.  My family are very happy to have me back and are my greatest supporters for what I've done to gain this freedom.  Benzo's screwed me up big time and your comment that they cause Bipolar-like symptoms doesn't surprise me at all, although I've never heard that before.  I was a very ill person on all those drugs and basically lost those 20 years of life to being dumb and numb.

I am not recommending anyone go off the meds they take but I am sure glad that I took charge of my life.  The pdoc, his label for me and his drugs owned me for way too long.  I am free of all that now.

Keep up the good work ... benzo's are super nasty drugs as you know.  ;)

Whoopsie,

I can't even imagine being on Seroquel daily. Every time I took it (maybe 5 times) I lost the next day. Thank God I found a natural remedy that did the same thing, even better.

I wish I could wean off Lamectil and know whether or not I'm really bipolar. A little scared of that. Maybe gradually and NOT under my current doc, who doesn't see me off it ever.

jaxnj

I'm 3 weeks off.  Still have some anxiety although morning anxiety might have gone away.  Depression has subsided for a while too.  We'll see what my CNS has in store for me later in the week. 

I'm 3 weeks off.  Still have some anxiety although morning anxiety might have gone away.  Depression has subsided for a while too.  We'll see what my CNS has in store for me later in the week.

good luck to you.

I hope you have an "easy" week.

LOL Jillian...I'm just scared to do it right now because I don't want to get hooked on it! I miss "numbing agents" and don't want to find another. Life is stark but so clear now.

And it's not even illegal in NJ anymore!

jaxnj

Almost week 4 and I'm feeling much better.  No more morning anxiety and very little depression all weekend.  Feeling a little more stressed out to a point of anxiety today, but not as bad as the first few weeks.  Still some cognitive issues, not thinking well, forgetting things, but I am believing they will go away in time. 

I was hoping there was a klonopin thread, but couldn't find it until now.

I'm holding at 1 mg/AM, .5/PM until the end of the week, when I plan to cut the AM dose to .75 mg.  So far, so good.

Good luck, Genoa. I went c/t from 2mg a day and it was hell. Still glad I ripped off the bandaid. IMO if you monitor yourself, it's ok to pick up the pace if you can handle it. MANY will disagree with me but...my 2 cents.

Best,

jaxnj

Thanks, jaxnj.  I know I need to taper based on my own situation, but I'm hoping not to have to micro-taper.  I'll be starting neurofeedback next week (which is why I can't cut until Friday - doing the neuro brain map tomorrow and any meds need to have been a pt a stable dose for at least two weeks prior), and I have high hopes for that. It's done wonders for my daughter and her anxiety and panic.

It's just really good to see there are people here who have gotten off the klonopin and aren't still in the middle of hell.  I had a doc tell me once to quit Effexor CT and add Wellbutrin... I can say that I have an inkling of what the worst of benzo withdrawal is like, because I ended up in the ER with all the symptoms (flu stuff, muscle pain, brain zinging and extreme fog, terror & paranoia, suicidal thoughts). So it's good to hear from those who have made it through.

Hey Genoa,

I'm glad I helped a bit. I will say that getting off Klonopin is probably the hardest thing I've had to do, and I've actually had both my hips replaced! 68 days off benzos, I still have some symptoms (mostly my head feeling like it's on a tight spring and some twitching) but other than that I am 100%. I never knew the world could be so bright and beautiful :)

Probably the worst part right now is that I'm going through a personal work crisis that is bringing me to tears, and I can't take anything for it! I have to face the stress of life without meds. Or alcohol. And I haven't had to do that since 1992 and it's difficult as hell! The things that work best for me right now are my buddies at Narcotics Anonymous and MEDITATION. For me, these have been indisposable keys throughout this whole hellish process. "Meditation not medication"...lol, my mantra.

Keep writing and fighting! (I'm full of rhymes today, lol!)

jaxnj

Hey klub,

Does anyone else have fake sleep?  The last week or so I've been feeling like "what new hell is this?"  Even when I sleep thru the night I feel/look like a wreck.  Driving me nuts.

[83...]