The Klonopin Klub

[re...]

I just found the perfect cartoon for this and a number of other threads:

Shrink says to patient on couch, "If you can't stop beating yourself up, then maybe you should sign up for a self-defense class."

Maybe we could all sign up together. :laugh:

• Replies 31.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [ca...]

• [NY...]

• [In...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My doctor wants to subsitute klonopin for valium but I dont think this is a good idea because of the side effects and eventual withdrawal

What does everyone think?

Should I start it?

Thanks everyone for all the good feedback- quite a few posts ago! I am major slow these days.

Tried the Lyrica once -was awful & didn't help a bit.

Tried Baclofen yesterday, & that was also terrible.

Won't be trying either again.

Am tied up in muscle knots though - & desperate.

Has anyone tried Zanaflex?

I searched here & there was some info -some positive.

I know we are best off not trying anything -but I can't bear this muscle pain.

Any info or help appreciated.

margaretisabel

PS Love cats. We have 2 that are wonderful

Jake,

I would not do that. That is moving to a harder drug to get off of in my opinion. It also seems to be harder on the muscles and such. Not that getting of valium is easy, but I would not move to klonopin, no.

Dear Donna,

Your spinal problems sound very similar to mine.  I was a figure skater starting at age 4, and continued for many, many years into competition.  I took many bad falls, which led to my back problems.  I now have DDD, facet arthrosis, 3 bulging discs and OA.  I had surgery for a herniated disc.  All of my problems are in the lumbar spine.  There are a few more issues, but I can't remember them.  I remember having really severe burning on the bottom of my feet, especially when I was laying down, when I was still on Klonopin.  It was always worse after I had been on my feet for a long period of time.  At the time the only thing they could offer me was Neurontin.  I can't take Lyrica due to an allergy problem.  I have a really strange problem now, but I guess it's not that uncommon.  It feels like there is dirt or sand on my feet and between my toes, all the time.  It drives me nuts.  I'm constantly looking at my feet because it feels like I have dirt on them. Do you have any numbness?  The top of my right thigh is completely numb, as are my lower calves and feet.  I could stick a needle in those areas and not feel it.  I know what you mean about the shooting pains right into the tips of your toes.  Real zingers!!  Sometimes I will be sitting down when that happens, and I end up jumping up trying to get rid of the pain.  I have also had radial ablation of the facet nerves.  That helped for about a month.  I have had countless epidurals, which help for about a week.  I'm not even going to try any of those treatments anymore.  I want to look into the laser spinal surgery, and I am hoping my new doctor is knowledgeable about it.  I'm thinking about joining a gym near me that offers water aerobics.  I used to be a nut about exercising, but I have barely ventured off my couch since my c/t.  I have no muscle tone left, and no stamina.  At least I won't be doing any damage to my spine with that kind of exercising.

I'm sorry about your son, but it sounds like he's on the right path now.  Sons are so special to a mother.  It was so sweet of him to come visit you on Mother's Day.  He must love you very much.  You can be supportive of each other, and understanding of what you are both going through.  I'm sure both of you will come out of this stronger and, of course, wiser. ;)

I hope you start feeling better really soon.

Love,

Jenn

Hey Jenn,

So sorry for the delay.  It's getting hard to respond to all of the posts, and ever since my last cut it's gotten worse.  Had a nice window 2 days after the cut, then came last night with my severe panic attack.  No breathing technique could even bring down my heartrate and I was getting more out of touch with reality so had to call the paramedics.  As usual they are advising me to go to the ER.  I told them I've already been 3 times this year and haven't even paid any of the bills and now I'm without a job and living off what small IRA I have saved.  I ended up calming down, they took my vitals again and said they were better so I opted to stay home.  Somehow dozed off a coupla hours later only to wake up an hour later with another attack.  Even though it was 3 hours earlier than my morning dose of Klonopin I went ahead and took it and did't make the cut.  I was too scared to get out of the bed since that would raise my heartrate even more.  I've been in some type of spaced out condition all day, chest/shoulder hurting, weird type feeling in my chest.  Can't describe it.

Anyway, I do have some sort of numbness in my foot but not really bad.  My ankle hurts alot and I have to either put ice on it or Biofreeze.  I have problems with the back of my left thigh (side with sciatic pain) and left side of my butt.  They just seem to ache and throb all of the time.  I'm not even able to sit, other than driving in my car just to go to/from places of necessity and I have all types of pillows, including  coccyx pillow with the hole cut out to keep my tailbone from touching.  It is a site to see me get in/out of my car.  I used to be active like you too until my injury.  There were some periods where I was able to go for short walks but now the combination of the sciatic pain being worse and benzo related pain, it's all I can do to get around the house.  I have on/off days of fairly good and on those fairly good days try to get up and do stuff around the house, but will space it apart with breaks of lying down in between.  I just can't stand to be holed up in my bedroom.  This injury, and now benzo, has made me a prisoner of my house which is complete opposite of who I was before.  I used to rarely be home except to eat, sleep, shower and dress.  I was on the go constantly, at the gym 3 days a week.

I don't blame you in not getting the epidurals anymore.  The short amount of relief is just not worth it.  I hope you are able to join the gym for the water aerobics.  I've been told many times of hydrotherapy or water aerobics and the benefits.  That's pretty cool you used to be a figure skater.  I've watched them on TV from time to time.  I know how those falls can do you in.  I fell on my back about 26 years ago and have had back problems since.  Still nothing compared to the herniated disc.

Yes my son has become a real sweetie.  Several years ago he walked out of my life.  Actually while we were at a restaurant for his birthday.  Didn't like what I said to him speaking the truth of his lifestyle, made some excuse of going to the bathroom and never came back.  Was quite embarrasing and for over a year I struggled with depression as he refused to talk or even acknowledge me, even on Mother's Day that year.  He now realizes, and told me, that because of the drugs/alcohol, he was running from everything and everybody and apologized for the way he treated me.  I've spent so many years on my knees crying, praying, and even sometimes begging with the Lord and now I'm seeing those prayers answered.

Take care now....

Love and hugs,

Donna

Hello,

Sorry I've missed some of our klub meetings :-[ Was reading Donna's post. ((((((((((((((((((((DONNA))))))))))))))))))...

I have had to call the ambulance before as well. Darned clonazepam :tickedoff: It would be my bp that would be through the roof--210/125 :o Have a stack of medical bill that will not be paid until the year 1450 ;D Received the ER bill for the earache visit last week--$515.00 and then the dr. clinic wants me to pay an extra $70 for something or other. All they did was chedck my throat and ears and prescribe medication--nothing else :(

Sciatica--the Devil's Scourge >:D OOOHHHHH,painful. Had it in 2010, after I jumped up from the computer and went to the town chiropracter and he adjusted me WAY to roughly and then the sciatica came on. I went through boxes of those disposable ice pack that you squeeze and they turn cold. Bought the economy boxes at walgreen's. Was given every kind of muscle relaxer, pain medication by pill and injection, even lyrica--it caused me to lose all muscle control for about 12 hours. Of everything I was prescribed the ice packs worked best.

I do understand about getting in and out of the car. Yeouch!!! I had to put chair pads in the car and in all the chairs in my classroom. Could only lay on one side or my back for weeks. At first I could not lay down without takeing apain pill first. So sorry for your suffering.

Am glad about your son. That is a miracle of God! Praying you're better soon!  :smitten: T2

hi klonipin klub, my computer has been messed up so I haven't been able to write.  thank you jenn alley luci everyone for all your replies.  I have had to updose from 0.25 mg k to 0.5 mg k  I have been in agony.  I got worse when I stopped my lamictal but I am off now and proud of it.  I wanted to stop that poison.  my doc also increased my inderal from 20 mg to 40 mg a day which helps the frighting heart palpitations. 

does anyone like me are so depressed and tired go for days without a bath.  I have never done this but I have been thru so much hell it is like I can't harldly make the effort.  I am real ashamed.  I look in the mirror and I don't know myself anymore and right now I just hate going out of the house which it sounds like alot of us in withdrawal do.  any overstimulation to my nervous system is intolerable. 

how is everyone's kitties?  my cats names are Boo Bunkin, Heathen, Zippo, Bums, and Harry Potter.  My dog is a chocolate Lab named Ruby.  I also have two show horses I cannot ride right now, Rose Walker, a 2x world grand champion, and Phantom Queen, weanling spotted horse world champion.  I cry many nights because I can't be involved with my horses right now.  and I cry many nights over the fact that my one friend and my family has abandoned me.  They don't know what I am going thru nor understand my pain.  My husband is the only person that is understanding here and I thank god for all of you here on benzobuddies.    thank you all for reading and listening.  it is hard for me to write and read.  I have to go slow right now. 

My wife acquired a lot of cats before we had children. They are now, for the most part, shadow cats.

Cats: Bell, Frederick, Charlie, Nimbus, Oreo, Misty, Sebastion, Grayson.

I'm nearly 3 months off the nasty klonopin and having the same horrible muscle aching/burning and extreme fatigue. doing somewhat better emotionally/mentally the last few weeks but its still a sruggle daily and the physical sx haven't let up at all. but, i'm glad to be among fellow sufferers

I noticed many of you are doing the 10 percent taper.  I am going to start hopefully tomorrow if I can get my doc to order the valium to cross over.  I am miserable. 

((((((((((((((((((MYSTERY))))))))))))))))))))))))))....trust us here. We understand completely! About the bath/shower issue....I use baby wipes sometimes to clean my body. Lay on a towel on the bed and wipe self down. Noticed that they even have large wipes for adults that would cover more territory. Have even done this with my hair. The cheaper wipes will fall apart or pill so get the sturdy ones like CVS Brand. Also, wipe down my pets with baby wipes too. Hope this helps in even a small way :angel:....T2

Hi Klonopin Klubbers! :smitten:

I was doing some searches and came across this link to what looks like some official information. Scroll down to "Adverse effects". I was amazed to see things like incontinence, shortness of breath, field of vision problems, etc listed.

It's been 18 months since I took Klonopin. I hope the worst of it is gone for me and I dearly hope all of you are able to taper off safely. Just wanted to say hello and pass on some information you may find useful.  :smitten:

Flip

http://www.mims.com/USA/drug/info/Klonopin/Klonopin%20Tablet?type=full

Flip, I can't view the information. Says I need to be a member.

Mystery. Remember that it is 5 to 10 percent and that some folks cannot handle the 10 percent.

thank you teacher for the info  I am glad I am not alone.  I need to get some baby wipes.  I am also having problems with acne with I have not had since I was a teenager  I am also so exhausted. 

benzo, thank you for the comments.  I can see I am going to have to make 10 % cuts or less.  it is just to hard otherwise. 

Hi Klub, I'm so ready to be done with this shit! I've had a really nice window this last cut which is really strange because it was a 25% cut. I'm 3 weeks in and ready to go again. I've decided to let myself be a bum and I'm OK with it. My husband dosen't seem to mind either which is nice. I hate that I'm going through this, but at the same time I should be really grateful my life is not more stressful or complicated to compound things.

I broke out the 100ml glass measuring tube, forgot what it's called. Crushing and getting all the pill in is difficult to do without looseing powder here and there. Happy it's the final countdown!

Hey klub...feeling really discouraged even though I've actually had more good days in the last 2 weeks than I've had for a year because it's just back and forth...bad night, good night, bad night, good night, etc with no change in how I go about my day.  After a good night I feel like it's too good to be true and then I spend the whole day feeling terribly anxious that I won't get even 2 ok nights in a row.  Then anxiety drains nearly all pleasure from anything I do even when I'm better rested.  GAHH.

Has anyone else had this?  One day rested, feeling like my old self.  The next, exhausted, can barely leave the house.  Repeat.

Julian,

I get the day/night shift but I generally don't see shifts one day to another, mine are more like weeks.

Julian,

I get the day/night shift but I generally don't see shifts one day to another, mine are more like weeks.

I'd KILL for a week!  I hope it's coming...

Hi Julian, I noticed that when I have a good day I tend to do more and actually leave the house than I hit a point where I just had too much stimulation and everthing goes down hill fast. I'm not sure if that makes sense. Well now when I have a good day I still try to take it easy because my mood can so easily flip.

That totally makes sense to me, when I even feel half decent I want to be out, but then I do to much and I crash hard.

Same here with trying to do too much on a good day.  I just feel like I get nothing done from lying around during bad days so want to get up and out my bed (which I am beginning to think of as prison) and do something even if it's stuff around the house.  Then, as usuaul, feel like crap the next day.

Donna

I agree with you all. Feel good for once in long time and just want to & do too much---WHAM!!! Withdrawals bite back hard :tickedoff:

Have not cleaned this house in a l-o-n-g time. Just getting one load of laundry done is a chore in itself. Today, I found a spider web across the sink :laugh:

JG--Yes. Have a good day(hardly ever have one though :( ) and the next is horrible.

....T2

I thought I might have recovered from my abrupt klon withdrawal ... but nope.

sigh.

I'm having a very hard time taking it. I just want to stop. But am afraid of what would happen if I stop so sudden. afraid of the discontinuation journey.

I hear you slice. I was taking 6 different pills at one time so being at (.anything) seems like such a little amount to be taking that I should be able to just stop now. It's hard to resist, but I went through cold turkey and it scares the hell out of me to have that happen again if I cut too fast. It's hard to believe this minute amount I take everyday makes any difference at all. I made a 15% or so cut yesterday and I'm already feeling it today. I can't stop sweating and my stomach is churning out acid. I'll be sitting at home for acouple weeks and I'm out of any good food in the house, not that much is appetizing anyways  :crazy:

[03...]