The Klonopin Klub

[re...]

Hi Mystery-I have been in counseling since my c/t.  I have a great therapist who allows me to talk, and then gives very thoughtful responses.  He is very unlike other therapists I have seen.  In school they are now being trained to basically help people make lists of things to accomplish. Well, I've been making lists my entire life.  I know how to do that and it doesn't help me a bit in withdrawal.  It just frustrates me.  I need to talk through the tragedies in my life and the mistakes I have made.  I really do think counseling can be very helpful if you find the right therapist.

Hi Ally-Renolds is adorable!  Yes, I have cats, lots of them.  Six to be exact.  I never planned to have that many, but I volunteered in animal rescue and they needed a home.  My most recent one adopted me.  His name is Angel, and I found him at a local park sitting next to my car.  He was very skinny, hungry and thirsty, but I planned to find a new home for him. I thought he was a young cat because of his size, but my vet thought he was 1-2 years old.  Within a couple of months he had gained almost 5 pounds.  Recently, not knowing he was male, a friend thought he was pregnant because of his fat belly!  I just adore him.  I posted pictures of my other cats on the photography thread.  I do want to say that I have a kitty door going into my garage, which is where I keep the litter boxes, so my house doesn't stink.  Well, at least it doesn't have a cat stink.  We could talk all day about cats!

Last week I realized I had not paid my property taxes.  I had to dig through the boxes, but never found the tax bill.  I contacted the recorder's office, and I have until the end of this month to pay them without further penalties.  Unfortunately, now I have to pay by certified check, so I'm going to have to force myself to get to the bank.  Ugh!  I guess I should be thankful I discovered this before my house was auctioned off for back taxes. :)

I have my groceries delivered by Safeway.  They have a great web site that basically goes by aisle, and I can just check off what I want and then set up a delivery time.  They offer free delivery for orders over $50.00. They save your previous order, and you can just delete or add things.  It's all pretty easy for me because I basically live on frozen dinners, cereal, etc.  It reminds me of when I was a kid and the milk man would just walk in our back door and load up the fridge and freezer.

Recovering-You have already been of great help to me.  Just being able to talk about this stuff with someone who understands helps immensely.  I'm sure if I tried to explain any of this to my friends or family they would think I had truly lost it.  How are you doing today?

Bird-You are fortunate not to have those terrible obsessive thoughts.  I know what you mean about obsessing over what people are thinking of you during this time.  I have 2 lifelong friends who know what I am going through.  Unfortunately, one lives on the other side of the country from me and the other lives in another city.  I haven't seen them at all since this started, but we keep in touch via phone and email.  They are very respectful of what has happened, but sometimes I feel they probably think that I have finally lost it after everything that happened in my life.  I know I'm probably wrong about that, but it still bothers me.  I am very grateful for the friends I have made on this forum.  It's just so nice to have people in my life who truly understand this horror. 

• Replies 31.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [ca...]

• [NY...]

• [In...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Healing-I am happy you found this thread.  It is of comfort to know others here understand exactly what is happening to us.  I am sorry you are struggling so much right now.  You have 4 months behind you, which is huge!  I know that is hard to believe, but I remember where I was at 4 months.  In looking back I cannot believe I stuck it out.  I had all of your symptoms, along with debilitating anxiety.  I never went to the hospital because I knew they would probably just load me up with more drugs.  However, if it would set your mind at ease to make sure there is nothing else going on that may be a good thing.  Do you have a doctor who can see you? 

You are doing really well by taking care of your 2 sons.  I know you don't believe that, and probably think you are not being a great mom, but it's true.  Kids are so resilient.  Even though you are not at your best your boys probably don't even realize it.  If kids know they are loved they will do fine in life.  You don't have to be mom of the year to accomplish that.

I am at about 1 year out now, and I can honestly tell you that everything has improved greatly.  Even though I still have the apathy and a lot of other problems, most of the initial horrible symptoms have faded.  My frame of mind is so much better, and I can laugh again. You need to do what is best for you, and whatever you decide I will be here for you.

Hugs,

Jenn 

Hi Jenn,

Thank you so much for your kind words.  You are right about kids--they are super resilient.  They tell me all the time how much they love me and had great a mom I am.  It's hard for me to really take it in when I feel so awful but part of me knows that they feel very loved and that's all that really matters.

I'm pretty certain there is nothing else wrong with me besides the nervous system debaucle.  I am actually very healthy otherwise.  I do so much to take care of myself, to stay fit, eat well, get acuppuncture, take supplements, go to therapy etc.  It gets so discouraging that all this self care does not seem to make much of a difference.

Kare

Brutal, debilitating insomnia that doesn't respond to any lifestyle change, med, or alternative treatment.  Welcome to hell.

Juilian is your insomnia worse that when you were put on a benzo for it?

Always curious how the people who were not anxious ( I am assuming? ) but put on for sleep problems are faring with anxiety, panic etc.

Hope you sleep soon.

Definitely worse.  It's like all my worst times before rolled into one perfect storm.  The anxiety has greatly exacerbated OCD, which is so much worse that I wouldn't have even called it OCD before benzos.  The anxiety and OCD hit hardest at night, of course. 

I know what you mean. Every time I think like that though, I think about my kids and how they depend on me and that generally pulls me through. One day at a time, one day at a time.

Dear Kare,

Your boys sound wonderful, and they love you so much.  You seem to be taking very good care of yourself, and right now that's about all you can do.  This is all so very difficult, but time does heal.  I know that sounds glib, but in the case of benzo withdrawal it's true.  Just lately I have realized how far I have come over the last year.  Even a month ago I don't think anyone could have told me this would end.  I can't really call myself a success story, but I know I am better.  I actually made an appointment with my dentist and eye doctor, both for tomorrow, which I really didn't want.  I have neglected so many things during this time.  Last year I remember thinking I needed to get a dental and eye appointment, but it was absolutely impossible for me.  I could barely leave my house let alone sit through an exam.  I know my anxiety will kick into high gear when I'm getting ready, but once I'm out of the house it will improve.  Try to be gentle with yourself, and not expect too much right now. 

I hope you are having a good day.

Hugs,

Jenn

I am coming off of Klonopin and it is very difficult.  I have been doing this for 3 long years as this is my 4th attempt (final attempt).  I have to say whereas Klonopin is hard to come off of, so are all of the benzos.  I taperd Ativan too quickly and it was horrible as well.  Seems like K gets the a bad rap (as well it should) but talk to others coming off V, X and A and they are suffering as well.  Benzos are a "Beast" in general. 

Thing is, many have gone before us and gotten off these horribe drugs and healed...SO WILL WE!

Hi Recovering-I have 15 of the symptoms on your list.  I'm sure I could add a few more, but my memory is so bad I can't remember them most of the time.  Memory problems have been a huge issue for me.  Ugh!  I hate this!  I have the whole body tingling, too, which is really irritating and distracting.  It is worse for me when I have my legs up.  I also have burning on the bottom of my feet, but I'm not sure how much of that is due to w/d or a spinal injury.  I am happy to get to know you!  Hang in there.  I have to believe we are through the worst of this.  Hugs,  Jenn

Hi Jenn,

I am still in my early phases of tapering off Klonopin.  Just made my 3rd cut yesterday and this morning was alot rougher than the other mornings when I wake up with that edginess.  I'm tapering 10% every 2 weeks.  Before discovering BB I had tried to taper on my own on what I thought was slow but I think the last cut was too much.  Had to updose back up to 0.5 for a week, then started back on my taper.....after discovering this site and reading on safe, slow ways to taper.

You mentioned your feet burning and not knowing whether it is withdrawal or spinal injury.  What type of injury did you have?  I herniated my disck in L5-S1 last year, reherniation 3 months later (large 9 mm herniation), then had surgery a month later.  I really don't remember any burning in my left foot (have sciatic pain in left leg all the way down to toes) before the benzos.  I have had the pain in my foot because of the nerve constantly being irritatted.  I developed scar tissue on my S1 nerve root sleeve from the surgery......how lovely.  What I did think was odd was after taking the Klonopin, all of a sudden it just felt like there woud be something in my left shoe, felt weird while walking.  No longer working so I'm barefoot most of the time, but i do get burning, tingling but it's only on the left side with the sciatic pain.  I know I had read on a drug detox website months ago that had hundreds of withdrawal symptoms listed for benzos and one was all nerves firing at once.  Can't help but wonder if this has something to do with the burning.  The muscles are controlled by the nerves so that could be why the muscle pain, but maybe the burning is a result of those nerves firing all of the time.

I so wish I could get off of this poison and hate that my son worries about me....he is 24 but lives a state above me so I have only seen him once since my injury and that's only because he got his fiance to drive him down here the Sunday after Mother's Day.  That really made my day to see him and spend time with him.  He went down a bad path of years of drug/alcohol abuse and is still in his drug treatment program which he has been in for many years due to continuously failing and falling back.  Finally ended up in jail last year and attended a very intense program called Alpha while in jail which really make an awesome turnaround.  He actually used to take the same opiates I took for my pain, but for his high so he knows what I've gone through.  Some of his friends, or those in his classes have been on benzos so he hears from them the same thing he hears from me of what it's like.  I never thought there would come a day when my son and I would be supporting each other in getting off drugs.  Of course mine was not for the high, but still the opiates I used to take and this Klonopin are addictive and benzos are just flat right out poison as I like to call them

OK, was just wondering what your spinal injury was and how you did on that recovery.

Donna

I'm a member of the K. Klub, unfortunately. :'( Have been tapering for a year now. Everything people have listed here, I've had or is presently on-going. My immune system has been very compromised since this began. Right now I'm still suffering with an earache that just won't go away :'( despite a week's worth of antibiotics & eardrops. Oh, and I have cdiff again from the antibiotic use! Was on xanax for three years, then it rebounded. Went to a psych. hosp.(not recommended!) & was put on 2 mg. of klonopin and 200 mg.. of zoloft. (May, 2011). Have tapered to below 0.5 of the clonazepam(generic for klonopin)...just miserable though. Thanks for this thread!

T2

Hi T2-I've missed talking to you!  My memory is so bad and I so often get side-tracked on this site that I forget to check on my friends.  Your earache must be so miserable and painful, and I'm sorry about the C. diff.  Double whammy.  I'm glad you're here, but I'm also sorry about the reasons behind it. :(  You have really gotten down to a small amount of K, and if you can just hang on a while longer you'll be through with it.  I know how tough this is, I really do.  We can just hang onto each other. :smitten:  Is your avatar a picture of your kitty?  Big hugs,  Jenn

Hi Jen :angel:

I am forgettful as well, and my short term memory, is, well, now what was I saying....? ;D Am sick of being sick!!! Never in my life have I had as many infections & sick spells as in this past year. I attribute this to benzo usage---of course I'm just guessing.

Probably would've been even further down in dosage had I not had all these 'holding' stages. Yes, we do have one another to hold onto here. :yippee: Spending lots of time here, now that summer break has arrived.

The avatar is one that I copied. I try to find pix of kitties that resemble mine and post them. Or, if it's a mama cat with a baby/babies I love those too :).................. :smitten: T2

Dear Donna,

Your spinal problems sound very similar to mine.  I was a figure skater starting at age 4, and continued for many, many years into competition.  I took many bad falls, which led to my back problems.  I now have DDD, facet arthrosis, 3 bulging discs and OA.  I had surgery for a herniated disc.  All of my problems are in the lumbar spine.  There are a few more issues, but I can't remember them.  I remember having really severe burning on the bottom of my feet, especially when I was laying down, when I was still on Klonopin.  It was always worse after I had been on my feet for a long period of time.  At the time the only thing they could offer me was Neurontin.  I can't take Lyrica due to an allergy problem.  I have a really strange problem now, but I guess it's not that uncommon.  It feels like there is dirt or sand on my feet and between my toes, all the time.  It drives me nuts.  I'm constantly looking at my feet because it feels like I have dirt on them. Do you have any numbness?  The top of my right thigh is completely numb, as are my lower calves and feet.  I could stick a needle in those areas and not feel it.  I know what you mean about the shooting pains right into the tips of your toes.  Real zingers!!  Sometimes I will be sitting down when that happens, and I end up jumping up trying to get rid of the pain.  I have also had radial ablation of the facet nerves.  That helped for about a month.  I have had countless epidurals, which help for about a week.  I'm not even going to try any of those treatments anymore.  I want to look into the laser spinal surgery, and I am hoping my new doctor is knowledgeable about it.  I'm thinking about joining a gym near me that offers water aerobics.  I used to be a nut about exercising, but I have barely ventured off my couch since my c/t.  I have no muscle tone left, and no stamina.  At least I won't be doing any damage to my spine with that kind of exercising.

I'm sorry about your son, but it sounds like he's on the right path now.  Sons are so special to a mother.  It was so sweet of him to come visit you on Mother's Day.  He must love you very much.  You can be supportive of each other, and understanding of what you are both going through.  I'm sure both of you will come out of this stronger and, of course, wiser. ;)

I hope you start feeling better really soon.

Love,

Jenn

Hi Jen :angel:

I am forgettful as well, and my short term memory, is, well, now what was I saying....? ;D Am sick of being sick!!! Never in my life have I had as many infections & sick spells as in this past year. I attribute this to benzo usage---of course I'm just guessing.

Probably would've been even further down in dosage had I not had all these 'holding' stages. Yes, we do have one another to hold onto here. :yippee: Spending lots of time here, now that summer break has arrived.

The avatar is one that I copied. I try to find pix of kitties that resemble mine and post them. Or, if it's a mama cat with a baby/babies I love those too :).................. :smitten: T2

Dear T2,

I know what you mean about being sick of being sick! :)  I feel like one of those little old people in a nursing home who never move from their beds. Unfortunately, I have to get out of bed if I want to survive, which I guess is a good thing.

I thought maybe you had done some fancy photography with your avatar!  What a cute picture.  I just love all kitties.  They are my little furry friends, and they like me even if I'm a slug.  My kitty, Angel, would like to play with me, but I usually just sit there and throw his little fuzzy balls across the room.  I'm hoping return to the old me one of these days, I hope, I hope, I hope!!!

Love,

Jenn

Jenn,

It is encouraging to hear the progress you have made.  I am hard on myself so thank you for the reminder to be gentle.  Congrats on getting the doctor and dentist appt.  I know how daunting those things can seem.  I just asked my ex if he could take the kids to their next doctor appt.  because I couldn't even get myself to call and make the appt.  Of course, some days are worse than others and most days I can get myself to where I need to go--most of it has to do with trying to feel better.  I can mostly manage doing simple things with the kids and just hanging out together or visiting with good friends but I can't even contemplate going on a trip or even taking them to a museum on my own.  It's just so sad and frustrating.

It's so hard for me to imagine as I sit here today that i will feel better.  I was so close to going to the ER tonight which I've almost never considered.  Thank you so much for your posts.

Karen

Hi Karen, (by the way that is my favorite name)

I remember when this first started and I found this forum.  I read and read everything, and I thought I was somehow different from everyone here.  I enjoyed posting and reading posts, but I convinced myself that I would never heal.  I don't know what makes me think I'm so special. :idiot:  But, lately I seem to be enjoying life a little, something I thought would never, ever happen.  I still have difficulty with a great many things, but I feel the will to live.  I did not believe I could feel this way.  My frame of mind is better and I can laugh about my life style, or lack thereof.  My house is still a disaster, I still stay home 99% of the time, but something is different now.  I can't put my finger on it.  I actually just ordered a bathing suit on-line so I can start the water aerobic classes.  I looked at some in a store a couple of weeks ago, but my back was hurting so bad that I couldn't try them on.  I also bought a cover-up that I may wear in the pool because I am so white and I look so bad, and I don't want to call any attention to myself. ;D

It has taken me a year to pick up the phone and make those appointments.  I know what you mean about that.  But now I'm committed to them.  I'm just afraid of what the dentist is going to say.  I have insurance, but I think I'm going to end up paying a lot out of pocket.  I just want to get it over with.  I'm looking forward to getting new contacts and Rx sunglasses.  My current sunglasses are probably 5 years old, and ridiculously out of style.  The only thing that bothers me about that is I know I will have to have another appointment to pick the glasses up.  One more thing to get through.

I'm happy that you get some help with the kids from your ex.  Kids really just need to know they are loved.  I cannot imagine having to care for children during this time.  Do you have any other family members who can help? 

I promise you that you will be well again, better than before benzos.  Please believe me.

Love

Jenn

I apologize if I don't state your name in my responses  I am having problems keeping up at times now.  I can relate to the ladies that have kitties.  I have six cats and I love all of them but my dear one is Boo Bunkin, my fluffy gray tabby.  She esp helps me get thru each day.  I never thought I would ever be not working and getting off drugs but here I am. 

I can also relate to Jenn.  Jenn, I so desparately need my eyes checked,glasses, and I need to go out for other appointments but I just can't do it right now.  it is like I am totally terrified if I go out in a social situation I will have a panic attack.  this is horrible. 

it gives me hope to know that some of you are improving. 

I have had such a bad night tonite.  almost went to ER.  I am having terrible chest pressure/burning, adrenalin surges, heart palpitations, frequent urination, nausea, dizziness,  I have really been terrified tonite and I was so desparate I thought I am going to take 10 mg Klonipin, " i cant take it anymore "  " i will never heal ".  oh god,  this is horrible.  do yall thing I need to updose on k or do teh switch over to valium soon?  I can't sleep now either.  sorry for the drama but I feel like screaming tonite.  note, I am 1 wk off lamictal, and I am on some high doses of vitamin c right now. 

The apathy is running strong today.  I hang onto routines (like stretching routine when I wake up) but after a while all I can think of is what-the-hell.  It makes it hard to eat.  I need to gain weight, too skinny, but what the hell!

I have two cats.  The older one is sick and I'm struggling to do what is needed for her when it is hard to take care of myself.  I had an animal communicator tell me that I needed to stay positive for my cat, that she picks up my worry.  That put me in such a bind (think positive?  when I can't even do it for myself??) that finally I stopped trying to think about it.  If she is stressed because of my stress, we just have to muddle through. 

I may have found a benzo-wise shrink.  I'll let you all know if and when I see him.  He's only here in my area one day a week.  It would be so wonderful to talk to a doc that knows about this stuff.

Dear Mystery,

I wish I had seen your last post before I went to bed last night.  I'm so sorry you were struggling.  I hope you were able to get some sleep.

I remember well those early days when I felt terrified and the need to go to the E.R.  I never did go, mostly because at the time I was also too afraid to even leave my house.  I remember thinking "fine, I'll just die here and now, and it will all be over".  My state of mind was so bad then, and it's hard to even think about it now.  I feel so bad that you went through that last night, and I wasn't around to support you.

On a lighter note, you and I can be the crazy Benzobuddies cat ladies, with each of us having 6 cats!  I know you're worried about your sick kitty, but I have to disagree with the animal communicator.  If thinking positive worked for everyone nobody would ever get sick and die.  Animals have incredible instincts, but I really believe that thinking positively is not gonig to heal an elderly, sick cat.  My poor kitties have been terribly neglected throughout this ordeal, but they are still fat and happy.  I make sure they have plenty of food and fresh water, and I clean their boxes (which are in the garage), but otherwise they have been pretty much on their own.  I am sure you can appreciate that with 6 cats they are able to entertain themselves and each other.  I try to give each of them a little individual attention each day, but since I have barely taken care of myself for so long that's about all I have to give right now.  And they are all doing just fine.  PLEASE do not beat yourself up about your kitty's illness.  It is a sad fact that eventually we have to say goodbye.  I also have 2 dogs, one of whom is a rescue and is about 15 or 16 years old.  He is developing some health problems, and just today I noticed how skinny he is.  I really don't think that all the positive thinking in the world is going to fix whatever is going on with him.  I will take him to the vet to make sure he is comfortable, but I know I cannot prolong his life no matter how much I want to.

I'm sorry if this is all so rambling.  I just feel so strongly about what you were told about your cat.  It puts way too much pressure and guilt on you.  You don't need that right now, and I think it's a waste of time.  Give your kitty as much love as you are capable of right now, which will be good for both of you. 

I hope you are feeling better today. :smitten:

Love,

Jenn

:yippee: Hi I want to join. Glance at my stats for a heart attack. I really can't believe I've made it this far! I'm a recovering alcoholic as well so it's been compounded some as I have a tendancy to reach for alcohol when I feel uncomfortable; which lately is often. I quit drinking Jan of 2011 and had one, one day relapse since. Plan to never touch the stuff again.

GI issues are my #1 problem. I'm nauseated most the day and take dramamine. I feel like every little gas pain is applified 10 fold. I went cold turkey at a detox facility and came home with everything and suffered for 2 months until I went back on the stuff to try again slow. Over a year of cutting doses and I think I've had every symptom on the list, but it's not half as bad as cold turkey. Knowing how awful cold turkey feels has kept me on track. Now if only my AA sponsor could understand what it's like instead of assuming I'm blowing it out of perportion to isolate. Alcoholics isolate and I just can't help wanting to avoid all stimulation in spite of the fact I should be going to more meetings.

:yippee: Hi I want to join. Glance at my stats for a heart attack. I really can't believe I've made it this far! I'm a recovering alcoholic as well so it's been compounded some as I have a tendancy to reach for alcohol when I feel uncomfortable; which lately is often. I quit drinking Jan of 2011 and had one, one day relapse since. Plan to never touch the stuff again.

GI issues are my #1 problem. I'm nauseated most the day and take dramamine. I feel like every little gas pain is applified 10 fold. I went cold turkey at a detox facility and came home with everything and suffered for 2 months until I went back on the stuff to try again slow. Over a year of cutting doses and I think I've had every symptom on the list, but it's not half as bad as cold turkey. Knowing how awful cold turkey feels has kept me on track. Now if only my AA sponsor could understand what it's like instead of assuming I'm blowing it out of perportion to isolate. Alcoholics isolate and I just can't help wanting to avoid all stimulation in spite of the fact I should be going to more meetings.

Hi Jillian!  I want to welcome you to our klub, but I have an eye appointment I have to leave for in a few minutes.  I'll write more later.  Love,  Jen

Hi everyone. I'm having a hard time replying to everyone individually here. I started having some pretty intense cog fog yesterday and it doesn’t seem to be letting up.

Mystery - I'm so sorry you're feeling so awful. Your cats sound precious and I'm so happy you have them there with you every day. Tabbies are my favorite, but I'm partial because all I've ever had were tabbies. :) Please let us know how you're feeling today. I personally wouldn't updose. You mentioned you're recently off Lamectil and that could be the contributing factor to feeling this badly. I would try and hang in there and I bet you start to stabilize very soon. How recently have you started the high doses of vitamin C? Take good care and let us know how you are, okay?

Jenn - I just love all the cat talk going on! I'm going to try and find the photography thread. I'd love to see pictures of your babies! Angel sounds like the biggest sweetheart and he's lucky to have found you. I'm not sure I have Safeway near me for the grocery delivery, but maybe there's another grocery chain that offers that. I just started driving again after many years, but I still get cold feet at times and can’t go out, so I'd welcome that wonderful service. And good for you for getting out and about to the eye doctor! Making it to doctor appointments is a huge deal in my book!

T2 - I'm so with you on sick of being sick and I don't think my memory could get any worse. I'm sorry you have such a horrendous earache. Is it getting any better?

Luci - How are you doing with the apathy? I hope you're able to get in to see that benzo wise doctor you mentioned. I have to wholeheartedly agree with Jenn about staying positive being able to heal your elderly cat. Your struggle isn't making her sick. That's how the incredible bond works with animals and humans. They're there for you just as much as we're there for them. Like you said, you're muddling through together and that's the beautiful part.

Jillian - Hi and welcome to the Klub. Congratulations on being alcohol free. You're such a strong person for conquering that along with your c/t experience and now your taper! I wish I had some advice on how to help your AA sponsor understand w/d. I've been trying to explain it to my mother for quite some time and have failed to find the best words and best approach.

Oh, cat people!  I'm glad there are a bunch of us.  It wasn't that I was making my cat sick, it was that she was picking up on my worry about her health and that was making her more worried and tense.  Whatever.  I gave it all up.  I am joking and cheerful with her and don't think about the rest.  Like I said before, we muddle through.  She's also getting some flower remedies that may help the whole thing. 

The new supposedly benzo-wise doc has not gotten back to me.  I'm trying to be patient.  It is hard not to hang a lot on this.

Lethargy continues.  Apathy too.  I guess I can be grateful that I don't have a lot of the physical symptoms listed in this thread.  When I read stuff on this forum, I think I got off relatively easy.  But severe fatigue ain't easy!  At least it doesn't make me consider going to the ER. 

There's construction going on just outside my window.  I'm ready to scream!  The machine noise, clanking and motors running, loud even tho the windows are shut.

Hang in there, all you KKlub troupers.

Luci

Luci, I know exactly what you're talking about with the noises. July 4th here is killing me. Some neighborhood kids have been shooting bottle rockets off for three days straight now. I think it's actually brought on some additional symptoms. I jump right out of my skin every single time they go off despite trying to be ready for it. My nerves are fried!

I've got a startle response that can make me jump high.  Not always, just when I least expect it.  Hey, talked to the 'benzo doc' to make an appt, have to wait two and a half weeks.  And it sounds like I'll just get to see him once.  But if he can verify the benzo symptoms it might be worth it.  Next stop is an endocrinologist for thyroid and adrenal stuff.

[29...]