50 and over club- withdrawal and recovery issues for the aged :-)

[ve...]

Ultra- You are so right! Our body doesn’t know about the calendar.....that made me smile :).  You were a head of me on the “symptom based” thing.  I was just too focused on the finish line and being off the drug.  However with the support and knowledge of people like you, I am now in a much healthier state of mind AND BODY!  I am feeling so much better.  It is truly amazing.  So if it takes the rest of the year, or even longer, I am at a place of total acceptance.  YAY :thumbsup:

Go for you on tapering so slowly and listens to your body.  How do you feel most of the time?  I am just curious.

Ultra, sounds like good advice.  You are off 8 mg klonopin?  WOW.

I feel a ton better than I did 6 months ago, a year ago, and 4 years ago. I basically just stopped "trying" to do things to feel better, and I just kind of learned to let things roll along. A long time ago I was trying every supplement that people mentioned, listening to all of the ridiculous 'summits' and podcasts, breathing this way or that way, eating this and that before bed, etc. I just tried to eat right for me, live actively as I felt like, and be around positive people while putting positive things in my head. Things turned around in a huge good way once I did that and just sort of let go. Less can definitely be more. I thought I'd just live and go on with life. We'll get there, sweet soul!! :)

Ultra- Thank you for sharing that.  Good to know.  There is freedom in just letting go and being positive.

You are also a sweet soul!!!  :smitten:

Marie

Ultra- You are so right! Our body doesn’t know about the calendar.....that made me smile :).  You were a head of me on the “symptom based” thing.  I was just too focused on the finish line and being off the drug.  However with the support and knowledge of people like you, I am now in a much healthier state of mind AND BODY!  I am feeling so much better.  It is truly amazing.  So if it takes the rest of the year, or even longer, I am at a place of total acceptance.  YAY :thumbsup:

Go for you on tapering so slowly and listens to your body.  How do you feel most of the time?  I am just curious.

Ultra, sounds like good advice.  You are off 8 mg klonopin?  WOW.

I feel a ton better than I did 6 months ago, a year ago, and 4 years ago. I basically just stopped "trying" to do things to feel better, and I just kind of learned to let things roll along. A long time ago I was trying every supplement that people mentioned, listening to all of the ridiculous 'summits' and podcasts, breathing this way or that way, eating this and that before bed, etc. I just tried to eat right for me, live actively as I felt like, and be around positive people while putting positive things in my head. Things turned around in a huge good way once I did that and just sort of let go. Less can definitely be more. I thought I'd just live and go on with life. We'll get there, sweet soul!! :)

I was consistently on 5-6mg/day of k but one doc had me on 8mg/day for a big chunk of time. Long story, but that's the gist. As long as we all to get zero, we're good!!

Ultra - wow....that’s a large dose to wean from. Great job!!!  Yes.  As long as we get to zero, that’s all that matters  :)

Marie

Just discovered this support group

I'm 62 and coming tapering off ambien.

*Zolpidem/Ambien, 21 years 15 mg to 20

03/06/2021 stabilize to 15 mg

03/13/2021 to 13 mg

03/17/2021 to 12.5

03/23/2021 to 11 mg

Hello!

Hey, want to mention the subject "...  recovery issues for the aged  "... I don't think over 50 is so 'aged.' 

Just discovered this support group

I'm 62 and coming tapering off ambien.

*Zolpidem/Ambien, 21 years 15 mg to 20

03/13/2021 to 13 mg

03/17/2021 to 12.5

03/23/2021 to 11 mg

Hi and Welcome  ;)

Marie

Hello!

Hey, want to mention the subject "...  recovery issues for the aged  "... I don't think over 50 is so 'aged.'

LOL!  Yeah!!  Now that I am feeling better, I agree.  When I first came here, and I was in bad shape with my w/d....I was feeling every bit of my almost 55....Now I am back to feeling about 40 :laugh:

Marie

I'm 62 and starting to feel a little better;

I do have hope though because I've been tapering successfully for about 3 weeks which is a record for me.

Hoping to have more success stories.

Here comes the night, oh boy.

* Zolpidem/Ambien Use, 21 years 15 mg to 20

Interdose withdrawal for 5 years w/o knowing.

03/13/2021 to 13 mg

03/17/2021 to 12.5

03/23/2021 to 11 mg

Yay, Marie!

There is some group think it is 60 plus...  or long term users, or some stuff.  But 'the elderly' I would think is 65+.

I felt great at 60..... that was before withdrawal.  Now feel 110.

Yay, Marie!

There is some group think it is 60 plus...  or long term users, or some stuff.  But 'the elderly' I would think is 65+.

I felt great at 60..... that was before withdrawal.  Now feel 110.

Oh this made me laugh :laugh: :laugh:  The w/d is sure a pain....hopefully you will once again feel your self  :)

Marie

I'm 62 and starting to feel a little better;

I do have hope though because I've been tapering successfully for about 3 weeks which is a record for me.

Hoping to have more success stories.

Here comes the night, oh boy.

* Zolpidem/Ambien Use, 21 years 15 mg to 20

Interdose withdrawal for 5 years w/o knowing.

03/13/2021 to 13 mg

03/17/2021 to 12.5

03/23/2021 to 11 mg

Hi -

Good that you are feeling better...so much hope in that. :)

“ The Night is Dark And Full Of Terror’s” ( Game of Thrones fans)

Marie

Hope I am still eligible have stopped meds but no way recovered? I'm in my sixties and feeling crap after 26 months off zop. Did dabble with anti depressants in mean time. Wondering if we "older ones" take longer to heal. As never had window, my symptoms haven't improved much at all. Been really screwed over by family members recently so sent me back into acute again. Anyone recovered after this long be great to hear from you!

Hope I am still eligible have stopped meds but no way recovered? I'm in my sixties and feeling crap after 26 months off zop. Did dabble with anti depressants in mean time. Wondering if we "older ones" take longer to heal. As never had window, my symptoms haven't improved much at all. Been really screwed over by family members recently so sent me back into acute again. Anyone recovered after this long be great to hear from you!

I had a long 6 year taper after 21 killer years of being put on mega doses of meds (see signature). I took my last k dose about 12 days ago. Don't give up or give in!! You'll get there. Heal faster than you taper :)

I was made to cold turkey by new doctor didn't have chance to taper, was fine while was on zopiclone. Maybe that's why withdrawal lasted so long ?

Yep on it 12 years, my GP retired and new one refused give me any more just made me stop been awful with bad mental symptoms. Did try SSRI's to try help with intrusive thoughts but seemed make things worse. Stopped them about 10 months ago. I did try taper off AD but made me feel so terrible did a quick kiss taper couldn't stand side effects.

High dosage of xanax from the start  (6 mgs day)  My body just didn't respond to lower doses. I have been on them 6 years, and have gone backwards so many times.  In a few months I wanted off, but had no clue about anything.

Polydrugged and a few CT's along the way.

Turning 58 this month.

I am so in the club.

joining the club. I'm 53 and tapering down from .50mg.  I haven't experienced any bad withdraw symptoms other than lack of sleep.  I hate it when I can't sleep plus with sleep apnea it makes it worse.

joining the club. I'm 53 and tapering down from .50mg.  I haven't experienced any bad withdraw symptoms other than lack of sleep.  I hate it when I can't sleep plus with sleep apnea it makes it worse.

I hit 60 and just completed a 6 yr taper. Not fun, but we'll all get there!

High dosage of xanax from the start  (6 mgs day)  My body just didn't respond to lower doses. I have been on them 6 years, and have gone backwards so many times.  In a few months I wanted off, but had no clue about anything.

Polydrugged and a few CT's along the way.

Turning 58 this month.

I am so in the club.

BD are you still on 6mg?

Nova xxx ♥️

• 2 weeks later...

53 here! 

Was prescribed these at age 32 after the birth of my son.  Still trying to let the phrase "recovery for the aged" sink in!  :laugh:

Lori

Nova-

No my dose escalated. I am on 8.5 now. Struggling with tapering down, have been for a long time.

Sorry to hear that BD  :hug: I know how you feel I was nearly off year's ago  then had to keep going back up ended up on a dose I tapered down from year's ago and done so may long holds its run into a few year's of holds but started to cut again recently as I'm not getting any better and long holds don't help and also regardless if I cut 00.02 or .5mg I still suffer hell  :( I can't stabilize or find a bearable baseline at all, and I'm in my 60's now this drugs been a burden to me for too long, I never craved it and hate that I have to take it and am disabled by it I live alone,  and struggling by myself with no help or support to survive. I'm sick on it and spent many year's in unbeknown tolerance withdraw and even sicker now coming off or at least trying to get  off.

Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: