50 and over club- withdrawal and recovery issues for the aged :-)

[ve...]

Hi everyone 🤗 if you read her signature She was OFF for five years and she reinstated due to anxiety about COVID recently  :)

Nova xxx ♥️ ♥️ ♥️

My taper has lasted longer than usual. Its different for everyone. I reinstated to .25 Klonopin just after 5 years of complete taper from 1 to 1/2 mg.  I haven't updosed from .25 yet but I will start cutting it back down to .15mg next month. 

Now if the anxieties of the world would just go away, wouldn't that be easy but for me who is hyper-sensitive and can't take a whole lot around me, it helps.

HOpe this helps you.

Yep, the hypersensitivity absolutely bites. I'm right there with you. That's why it took me 6 years to do my taper. Most people can't relate to that unless they deal with sensitivity too. I was super hypersensitive to life before I was even put on benzos, but 27 years of putting that stuff into my body has made me mega-crazy-hypersensitive. Stick with it though! Did it really take you 5 years to taper from 1 to 1/2 mg? I know that reinstating can be a really tough thing too. I never did that, but was really tempted at times. Everybody's journey is different, but we can all do it. My last dose was 3/20/21 and I'm a ton better but still a way to go. Hang on to your drive! Keep at it. Seems nuts at the moment, but you'll get there  :)

Congrats on getting off. I am super sensitive as well and it’s taken several months to get 6% off. I’ve hit a rough patch, after it was going ok, as I’ve got crushing face pain (atypical Trigiminal neuralgia) and 24/7 migraine in addition to my usual pain from spinal injuries. This is a rough road, it’s good you are feeling better!

Jen cats,

Can I ask why you reinstated?  Were the side effects too much?  Five years is a log taper, I would assume your transition off wouldn’t be bad, was this not the case?

my anxiety got worse when covid started. .025 is a small dose.  The only side effect I have from not tapering right is insomnia.

hope this helps.

Hope everyone is coping OK  :hug: I'm in hell agony from my last cut 9 days ago  :(

Nova xxx♥️ ♥️♥️

Hope everyone is coping OK  :hug: I'm in hell agony from my last cut 9 days ago  :(

Nova xxx♥️ ♥️♥️

You're 9 days closer to your finish line!  :)

Nova xxx♥️ ♥️♥️

You're 9 days closer to your finish line!  :)

Hi Jeff  :hug: that's what I keep telling myself that's 10 days ( today  :))  I won't have to do again when its rough  :D Onwards and downwards in order to go upwards ;)

Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Love your attitudes. That's 4 days less I have to go in this taper. And oh yeah, it whapped me  today. Still taking care of as much as I can, but it is a struggle. Staying productive is keeping me coping.

Love your attitudes. That's 4 days less I have to go in this taper. And oh yeah, it whapped me  today. Still taking care of as much as I can, but it is a struggle. Staying productive is keeping me coping.

BD  :hug: my last cut got me out walking after not being able to get out for ages , this cut has floored me, with new symptom son top of the long time ones and now I'm just about able to walk around indoors  again but hey ho ::) I cycle terribly too, a few times during this cut I didn't think I was going to make it  out alive, even up to yesterday I was considering a small up-dose but then it turned around so no up-dose ( I refuse to do that to myself ever again  I swear it!) and holding for a few weeks if need be. 

I refuse to hold for months at time unless I really have no choice as each long hold did nothing to stabilise me when I may as well been cutting rather than spending months  stuck at the same dose hoping and praying for a change which meant I wasted at least 5 year's doing long holds.

Also another BIG regret is up-dosing , as it made no difference even with along hold, but I'm not beating myself up over that like I used to either, it is what is is, and  at least I'm now down from 15mg to 9mg , and I swear I really believed I was stuck at 15mg and never being able to cut for year's. So I am looking at the drop I have made being hugely grateful for that, some cuts  help others are aarrggh!! I'm dying! I'm dying!! WTF man!! but their ALL still less benzo to drop than the last dose  ;D

BD  :hug: my last cut got me out walking after not being able to get out for ages , this cut has floored me, with new symptom son top of the long time ones and now I'm just about able to walk around indoors  again but hey ho ::) I cycle terribly too, a few times during this cut I didn't think I was going to make it  out alive, even up to yesterday I was considering a small up-dose but then it turned around so no up-dose ( I refuse to do that to myself ever again  I swear it!) and holding for a few weeks if need be. 

I refuse to hold for months at time unless I really have no choice as each long hold did nothing to stabilise me when I may as well been cutting rather than spending months  stuck at the same dose hoping and praying for a change which meant I wasted at least 5 year's doing long holds.

Same. In the first 3 years I was cutting along, but  I got completely stuck after an updose just over a year ago, and every time I tried to cut, I couldn't do it. Finally just started  out of desperation about 2 months ago, but micro cutting.

Also another BIG regret is up-dosing , as it made no difference even with along hold, but I'm not beating myself up over that like I used to either, it is what is is, and  at least I'm now down from 15mg to 9mg , and I swear I really believed I was stuck at 15mg and never being able to cut for year's. So I am looking at the drop I have made being hugely grateful for that, some cuts  help others are aarrggh!! I'm dying! I'm dying!! WTF man!! but their ALL still less benzo to drop than the last dose  ;D

I updosed just over a year ago, that was adding a full 4th dose, taking me up to 9+ mgs. This was the worst mistake I have made in this process.  This is where I got completely stuck. Trying to get this down has been ridiculously painful. I am now at 3 doses, 8.5 mgs. I don't have my dosage in my profile, dosage, because I am scraping medicine, the cuts are very small. Will add it to my profile when I hit 8, and that will be a while.

I could have written your post. I am proud of you for not giving into temptation and taking more med, I know how horrible this can feel, and we hit desperation for relief. But, we have to go through this, for whatever reason, to taper.

Holds and updosing  (especially that huge updose) have been 2 huge detriments. Both made things much worse. So I feel you. And I hurt as well. It's morning anxiety time, so I am waiting for that to pass. I have things I have to do today. I have to wait until I can function, and I am not there right now.

Awesome you went from 15 to 9! That s a WOOT!

But we are moving! I suspect it might be real bad for a while (tapering), then as we continue to work on our thinking. We will have trained ourselves to tolerate it. Just like with morning anxiety. OMG it starts so bad, rocks in the chest, sweating, etc. But I KNOW from experience it does ease off. So I am not afraid of it. 

I will have my 2 young grandsons for a week at the end of the month, so made a cut 5 days ago to give my body time to adjust before they are here. 

Same. In the first 3 years I was cutting along, but  I got completely stuck after an updose just over a year ago, and every time I tried to cut, I couldn't do it. Finally just started  out of desperation about 2 months ago, but micro cutting.

I updosed just over a year ago, that was adding a full 4th dose, taking me up to 9+ mgs. This was the worst mistake I have made in this process.  This is where I got completely stuck. Trying to get this down has been ridiculously painful. I am now at 3 doses, 8.5 mgs. I don't have my dosage in my profile, dosage, because I am scraping medicine, the cuts are very small. Will add it to my profile when I hit 8, and that will be a while.

I could have written your post. I am proud of you for not giving into temptation and taking more med, I know how horrible this can feel, and we hit desperation for relief. But, we have to go through this, for whatever reason, to taper.

Holds and updosing  (especially that huge updose) have been 2 huge detriments. Both made things much worse. So I feel you. And I hurt as well. It's morning anxiety time, so I am waiting for that to pass. I have things I have to do today. I have to wait until I can function, and I am not there right now.

Awesome you went from 15 to 9! That s a WOOT!

But we are moving! I suspect it might be real bad for a while (tapering), then as we continue to work on our thinking. We will have trained ourselves to tolerate it. Just like with morning anxiety. OMG it starts so bad, rocks in the chest, sweating, etc. But I KNOW from experience it does ease off. So I am not afraid of it. 

I will have my 2 young grandsons for a week at the end of the month, so made a cut 5 days ago to give my body time to adjust before they are here.

I hear you regarding that morning anxiety. It still BITES!! Mine hits at about 4am and then plows me until noon or thereafter depending on the stress of the day. It's a tough road, but I keep telling myself that I'm one day closer to real sleep. Next!!! Bless you, Nova,

• 3 weeks later...
[09...]
I am 72 and feel very ill ....tried to taper diaz. My acid sooo bad burning all inside me. She put me back on 0.5 c. Eased off but my digestion isnt right am waiting 2 tests months now uk. Im trying get off zopiclone 7.5. Tapered it better on diaz wirse now with clonaz and still horrendous issues and i cant eat sugar at 5 p.m. or apple pear after dinber as go very bigh and awake all night thrashing around everywhere hyper sexual still driving me crazy as hate hate hate abd crying . I wish id stayed on all my drugs as back January i was fine.  But niw prediabetic due to overeating cos of mirtaz  and high cholesterol. So i read such bad stories how peopke taje yesrs and at 72 i dont have years.

I am 72 and feel very ill ....tried to taper diaz. My acid sooo bad burning all inside me. She put me back on 0.5 c. Eased off but my digestion isnt right am waiting 2 tests months now uk. Im trying get off zopiclone 7.5. Tapered it better on diaz wirse now with clonaz and still horrendous issues and i cant eat sugar at 5 p.m. or apple pear after dinber as go very bigh and awake all night thrashing around everywhere hyper sexual still driving me crazy as hate hate hate abd crying . I wish id stayed on all my drugs as back January i was fine.  But niw prediabetic due to overeating cos of mirtaz  and high cholesterol. So i read such bad stories how peopke taje yesrs and at 72 i dont have years.

Just follow your gut feeling and your heart, then do what's best for you at this time of your life. You can't put a price on a calm existence! Just be you and then move on. Things will eventually fall in place.

[09...]
Hi im uk. Is Ambien a sleeper? Im on zopiclone mirtazapine and 0.5 clon. Currentky tapering cutting off bit os zop every week or so. Feel weak tired when i cut. I cant understand how to do percents

I am tapering Ativan and really struggling.  Is a micro taper a good idea

I would say that microtapering is almost always a good idea. It's better to go too slow with the ability to speed up, rather than go too fast and pay a big price. Best of luck!!

Just saying a quick hi to all  :hug: I'm suffering terribly this last cut has crucified me I've been in a terrible wave for weeks now :'(

Nova xxx :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Just saying a quick hi to all  :hug: I'm suffering terribly this last cut has crucified me I've been in a terrible wave for weeks now :'(

Nova xxx :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

"If you're in hell, keep going" :)

• 3 weeks later...
[09...]

Following im 72 anyone my age

Just finished tapering zopiclone after 10 weeks 2 half years use. Still on 0.5 clon and 15mirtaz

I sleep but its when i eat i feel dreadful and inbetween its affected my bp and sugars.

I dont know if im in withdrawals. So tired mouth sooo dry when eat and im getting a b5unged up nose on taking my Gaviscon niw at night like allergic. And the roof of my mouth for months is wrinkked and sore.

Maybe ive tolerant of the clon too but my dose same still.

I dont think i can go through a clon taper.

Following im 72 anyone my age

Just finished tapering zopiclone after 10 weeks 2 half years use. Still on 0.5 clon and 15mirtaz

I sleep but its when i eat i feel dreadful and inbetween its affected my bp and sugars.

I dont know if im in withdrawals. So tired mouth sooo dry when eat and im getting a b5unged up nose on taking my Gaviscon niw at night like allergic. And the roof of my mouth for months is wrinkked and sore.

Maybe ive tolerant of the clon too but my dose same still.

I dont think i can go through a clon taper.

I didn't think I could go through a k taper either, but that's an awful demonic drug that I had to escape. Long term use of k sucks the life out of people, but you'll know if the time ever comes for you to taper off. The only thing I would say is, don't do it until you want to do it. It took me almost 6 years to get off the high dose amount, but it's beyond worth it. One foot in front of the other. Find your path and walk it :)