Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Forced To Fight...And Win! 15 months Healed Yes....

[ja...]

Stopping by to blow you a kiss Jenny!  I'm here every few months and had to say hello while I was here.  Hope you had a wonderful holiday.  Love ya!

Mary

Jenny it's been a long time.. Thinking of you and hoping you are doing amazing .. I'm in a bad setback from quitting caffeine:(.. I hope all is well with you .. God Bless you

Stopping by to blow you a kiss Jenny!  I'm here every few months and had to say hello while I was here.  Hope you had a wonderful holiday.  Love ya!

Mary

Mary Hello!!!

Its been a long time.. How are you? Thanks so much for stopping bye.. The holidays was beautiful!

Love you  :smitten:

Jenny it's been a long time.. Thinking of you and hoping you are doing amazing .. I'm in a bad setback from quitting caffeine:(.. I hope all is well with you .. God Bless you

Omg how are you Lisa?

I am so sad to hear you had a set back! I heard you had a baby Awe, Whats wrong do you ave all the sxs back? Thank you for coming on to say hello to me.. its been so long  :smitten:

Omg how are you Lisa?

I am so sad to hear you had a set back! I heard you had a baby Awe, Whats wrong do you ave all the sxs back? Thank you for coming on to say hello to me.. its been so long  :smitten:

Yes I have a little 9 month old beautiful girl.. I was about healed at around 15 months out.. I began drinking a lot of caffeine again and then I quit ct four months ago.. Yes all my sx came back but way worse.. I'm devastated .. Ready to reinstate.. Feel totally defeated like ill never heal :(..

Hi Jaso,

I've read your success story and Battlefield posts many times, I find them helpful. Thank you for taking the time to write them.

I'm trudging through month 6 now after being on 0.5mg/day Ativan for 3 months followed by a 6 week dry cut taper.  In the end of month 2 I did have a very brief low dose time on Librium (supposedly one of the weakest benzos) due to my doctor's ignorance about benzo withdrawal, then I figured out that the problems/symptoms I had were due to withdrawal and stopped seeing that doctor.  I figure that brief benzo encounter cost me about a month of recovery time so I subtract a month from my time since jumping off Ativan when considering where I’m at in recovery.  I think I may have had a couple brief windows in the first couple months, but it's hard to remember and at the time I didn't know what windows were so I wasn't taking note of them.  In the beginning of month 3 I had a sinus infection and was on the doxycycline antibiotic (not a fluoroquine one) for a week.  Most of my physical symptoms came on or ramped in month 3 and I haven't really had any windows since then.  I've had some improvement, but it seems so slow and goes backward sometimes...  In month 4 I had noticeable improvement with many of my symptoms, then in December (month 5) most things went backwards... maybe that's a wave.  That's pretty much where I am now, a week into month 6, very gradually climbing through what seems like a long wave.

My psychological symptoms (fog, anxiety, fear) are pretty much gone.  Just the fear that I'll never recover remains.  I have vibrations, crawling skin, heart palpitations, tinnitus, muscle twitching/tremors, back pain, occasional neck/jaw/ear pain, sensitive hearing, trouble sleeping, sweaty/tingly forehead sensation, occasional hot skin feeling, etc.

Feeling lost... I would really like a window or some noticeable improvement.  How could 3 months on such a low dose med wreck life... all I did was trust my doctor.

Hoping maybe you can comment on windows/waves and what you think of antibiotic effects.  Also, were there things that you found helped you get through this?  Did you find something(s) to help with sleep (I take magnesium, vitamin C, and sometimes Benadryl)?  Magnesium seemed to be enough of a help in month 4 getting about 6hrs. of sleep most nights, now it seems sleep isn't as easy and while Benadryl helps, I try not to take it often.

With much appreciation for what you've already done,

Dbell

Hi dbell5555

OhI am so sorry for how much you have had to go through. I can remember all so well. Month 6 for me was the crushing month.I felt like old sxs returned and the other ones were elevated so much. It def feels like a 3 steps forward and 2 back in this w/d.But for me I had only 3 real windows in the whole 6 months. But come month 7 I had a real breakthrough .I felt a releif for the first time .

I did have to be on antibiotics at month 10 and it did elevate my sxs for about 10 days.Then it backed down. Hang in there and keep as positive as you can. you will be strong enough to get through this and get all the way through. You can do this. I am all the way healed now and I promise you will get there to . :)

For me what helped with sleep was to stay as calm about whatever was happening as posible. I saw improvements at month 7 with sleep .Then I had more waves as time went bye but never quit as severe as the first 7 months .

Thank you so much for the kind words!!!

~Jenny

Hey j.......Sorry ive been a hermit to your thread. ??? I can never thank you enough for all that youve done for me. I would of been SCREWED without you. Thats for dam sure! Thanks for ALL the support and energy you put into my recovery. Your a very special girl with allot to offer the world.  Your the best! 

Hey j.......Sorry ive been a hermit to your thread. ??? I can never thank you enough for all that youve done for me. I would of been SCREWED without you. Thats for dam sure! Thanks for ALL the support and energy you put into my recovery. Your a very special girl with allot to offer the world.  Your the best!

Hey J... It was nice waking up and seeing such a nice message from you. Thank you so much for saying that. Im really happy we met and built such a solid friendship through these years. You trusted me and I know in the mist of so much pain and horror that was hard to do. You used to need so much reassurance and now your reassuring others!

Thanks for being my friend all these years .Your a great guy and awesome friend . Your the best to  :smitten:

Hey Jenny...so happy you had a beautiful holiday...Happy new year...love you and thanks for all you do. :smitten: Colleen

Hey Krock...are you doing ok...I hope so...Happy new year and take care...lol you and Jenny are so funny :) Colleen

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Jenny...so happy you had a beautiful holiday...Happy new year...love you and thanks for all you do. :smitten: Colleen

Hey Krock...are you doing ok...I hope so...Happy new year and take care...lol you and Jenny are so funny :) Colleen

Colleen hi Love  :smitten:

I am so happy about how well your doing. Your such a beautiful woman with compassion for so many here..Happy New Year sweet friend!!!!!

Xoxoxoxo

Hi Jenny. Just wanted to say hi. Hope all is well. Would you believe I still have nerve pain? Can't believe it's not going away. Ugh!

Jazzy my sweet friend  :smitten:

Everything well and ive been busy.. I cant believe I can even say that! I remember not even leaving my house .I needed a lot of pushing from my devoted friend here to even just go to the supermarket.. How bad is your nerve pain? Are the other sxs getting better? I am pushing for you so much..

Xo

Hey Jenny. I really don't have much of anything else but the nerve stuff. Everything I get is related to it..for example muscle aches, pressure and chills. Still have this cycle. Without the nerve stuff I think I would be done. The nerve pain can get bad. It started feeling less intense, but came back. I can't help but feeli that it's not going to leave me. I hope I can give you good news soon.

Still working and going out..doing my best.

xoxo

• 2 weeks later...
Hey j....figured I would track you down on your thread since your so hard to get a hold of now a days. My how times have to changed for you. Glad your busy and living life...you deserve only the best!

What time is it in Italy right now? You must be asleep! I get your time zone confused with the states. Someday im gonna figure you out. So frustrating!! I need a new watch.

Hey Jenny. I really don't have much of anything else but the nerve stuff. Everything I get is related to it..for example muscle aches, pressure and chills. Still have this cycle. Without the nerve stuff I think I would be done. The nerve pain can get bad. It started feeling less intense, but came back. I can't help but feeli that it's not going to leave me. I hope I can give you good news soon.

Still working and going out..doing my best.

xoxo

How you feeling Jazzy girl ???

Hey j....figured I would track you down on your thread since your so hard to get a hold of now a days. My how times have to changed for you. Glad your busy and living life...you deserve only the best!

Thanks for nice words J.. I agree ... My how times have changed.. Keep pushing through all the way to the end..

Hi Jenny. My cycle of pain lessens and then comes back. The time shortens and then lengthens. It just does not want to leave. I get nerve stuff and pressure and throbbing.  I feel so frustrated by this. It seems like it is never ending. Thanks for asking. I know it has to go away at some point. It is much better then it was, but still hurts.

Hi Jenny. My cycle of pain lessens and then comes back. The time shortens and then lengthens. It just does not want to leave. I get nerve stuff and pressure and throbbing.  I feel so frustrated by this. It seems like it is never ending. Thanks for asking. I know it has to go away at some point. It is much better then it was, but still hurts.

It will leave Jazzy I promise. I know its so tiring and discourgeing how long it takes. But You will be so good when this stops. And it will .I am so sorry youve had to go through this.  :(

Try your best to stay strong sweet friend .

I am doing somewhat better.

I have been consistently working a few hours everyday.

Still have quite a few lingering symptoms. Sometimes still dumbed down and can't think but I notice an improvement around the 2 year off mark.

My sleep is still "tenuous" but I can expect to get around 6 hours of broken sleep most nights.

The morning depression is now only a whiff in the wind and I have happy times every day.

Are you doing any jewellery ? I haven't forgotten that I want to remember for the rest of my life.

Life is good again.

Love Carol

I am doing somewhat better.

I have been consistently working a few hours everyday.

Still have quite a few lingering symptoms. Sometimes still dumbed down and can't think but I notice an improvement around the 2 year off mark.

My sleep is still "tenuous" but I can expect to get around 6 hours of broken sleep most nights.

The morning depression is now only a whiff in the wind and I have happy times every day.

Are you doing any jewellery ? I haven't forgotten that I want to remember for the rest of my life.

Life is good again.

Love Carol

Carol yay...

This is good news. I am happy to hear your relief . I know the depression is no fun but your getting through . These last few sxs will slip away and then your all Healed! Im sure alittle more sleep would be better but it will come.

I am so happy to hear this. I did worry about you and what you were going through.

No I stopped doing the Jewllery. Idk why I just cant get my motivation for it. But if I do youll be the first to know carol..

Your always so supportive to me.. Thank you!

Love~Jenny