Sleep Quality Tracker started by Antibenzo7

[An...]

Hi all, last night I slept 5 hours and 15 minutes.  Not the best, but not the worst.

R&R, my fitbit does help to give me something else to think about.  :)

My deep sleep last night was 1 hour and 33 mins. REM was 34 mins.  When I have a restless night, those usually go way down. I know before I look at my FB.

TS, your aunt is amazing and I love that you visit her two times every week. She no doubt loves seeing you. 

Your comment about "leaving the brain building" is so right on.  Sadly, it happens to many as they reach their 90s-100s.  Indeed, there is not much a person can do to save their brains.  My take on alcohol is over time, it does have an impact on a person's brain.  Other factors come into play, but that is one that people have a choice they can make.  Many people drink well into old age and their brains do quite well, but adding other factors such as medications to the mix can cause problems, I believe. 

Sorry to hear the heat may be a factor with you getting less sleep. How do you like your new AC?

HM, good to see you back. I wish you the best with your new business. Hopefully it all works out for you! If it does not, you can still say you gave it your all. 

Dreams can be complicated. You no doubt are worried about your dad, after losing your mom so many years ago.  I hope he continues to live a good long life. 

AB glad the anxiety is not as bad, but the GAD and feeling from does sound stressful. 

Take care everyone.

NG

Tried my polar m430 watch for fun.

It said 4h30, of which 4h15 real sleep.

If I looked at the clock, I would say 5h30

Glad you had a little fun with the polar watch SJ. I was around the same as you...4.5 - 5 hours for me. The quality was decent and I had no sleep interruptions.  :)

Hi all, last night I slept 5 hours and 15 minutes.  Not the best, but not the worst.

R&R, my fitbit does help to give me something else to think about.  :)

My deep sleep last night was 1 hour and 33 mins. REM was 34 mins.  When I have a restless night, those usually go way down. I know before I look at my FB.

TS, your aunt is amazing and I love that you visit her two times every week. She no doubt loves seeing you. 

Your comment about "leaving the brain building" is so right on.  Sadly, it happens to many as they reach their 90s-100s.  Indeed, there is not much a person can do to save their brains.  My take on alcohol is over time, it does have an impact on a person's brain.  Other factors come into play, but that is one that people have a choice they can make.  Many people drink well into old age and their brains do quite well, but adding other factors such as medications to the mix can cause problems, I believe. 

Sorry to hear the heat may be a factor with you getting less sleep. How do you like your new AC?

HM, good to see you back. I wish you the best with your new business. Hopefully it all works out for you! If it does not, you can still say you gave it your all. 

Dreams can be complicated. You no doubt are worried about your dad, after losing your mom so many years ago.  I hope he continues to live a good long life. 

AB glad the anxiety is not as bad, but the GAD and feeling from does sound stressful. 

Take care everyone.

NG

Hi NG, not bad sleep. I had about 5 hours too. I am a little late posting today bc I had to take my mother to see her doctor and then several other places to buy food and other household items. How do you communicate with your mom NG when you don't go visit in person? Do you email, talk on phone, text, facetime, etc?

I got 7 hrs.  I need to get a Fitbit or something.  It will keep me occupied. :-)

The fitbit is pretty accurate for sleep tracking RnR. That is what I use it mostly for. I don't really care much about all the other features. I use my iPhone for everything else except posting to this forum. For that, I use my PC. The phone is just too small for internet surfing, LOL. Enjoy your day RnR and keep up the good sleep. It will make your benzo detox easier. I hope the lower you get tho that is does not start to interfere with your sleep.

Hey everyone,

NG,  Glad you had a good trip. How wonderful your mom is still sharp! So very important to keep the 'ol' brain' in working order. As you know I visit my 97 year old aunt twice a week. She too is still sharp and really keen. Doesn't miss a single thing that goes on in the world! Her capability to solve all sorts of puzzles has to be seen to be believed! Many of her fellow nursing home inhabitants " have left the brain building " I 'm afraid. But, what can you do? Like AB said, it's a lot to do with the genes.

My sleep isn't much good atm. Must be because of the heat. Lots of broken sleep. But it will improve I 'm sure.

Try to enjoy your Tuesday everyone!

TS

Wow, 97..... :thumbsup:. Some ppl do win the lucky lottery gene pool IMO. They live long healthy lives (physically and mentally) right up to the end, often w/o illness and being on a slew of Rx medications too. Some of these ppl even outlive their children.

I read somewhere that even tho medical science has increased the life expectancy for most Americans, the last one or two decades before dying are anything but healthy for many of these ppl. Sure, they are being kept alive, but they are on tons of meds and many have had multiple medical procedures.  IOW, they have quantity over the quality in those final golden years. I would rather have both, but if I had to choose, I choose quality over quantity any day. The goal is to live a long, happy, and healthy life and then die quickly when the time comes (aka compression of morbidity).

Hello folks:) I don't make it on here every day like I used to. I am also sitting at 4 to 6 hours a night for the last few weeks with 5 being the average. I am so stressed putting all my time and money into a business that may or may not work out, I am surprised I even get the 4 hours. Much better than 6 months ago.

Interesting you're talking about old age and what a blessing it is to live long. I had a dream just last night that my 81 year old father said "I am dying soon." I woke up sad and afraid. he is doing great for his age but, I must be worried deep down. Mom passed 30 years ago. I don't want to lose dad too.

Happy Monday

Nice to see you HM. Averaging 4-6 hours of sleep isn't bad, even tho I know you would like more on a long-term, consistent basis. I hope your business succeeds, but no reward without some risk. Most successful ppl in business will tell you this. Sorry to hear about the disturbing dream you had about your 81 year old dad. I hate having dreams like this. I sometimes have them about my 80 year old mother dying and me attending her funeral. I don't have these kinda dreams often, but I have had them. Who knows what is really going on in our deep subconscious sometimes?

Try to enjoy your Tuesday HM and I hope your sleep continues to improve.

GM Friends,

I did get around 6 hours in total, but that included a 2 hour nap around 6 or 7 PM yesterday. Ugh!

I have got to start resisting the urge to nap.  It seems like I start feeling the urge around 5 PM each day. I need to be in bed my midnight each night. I have developed some bad sleep habits that I have yet to break.

Enjoy your Wed. my friends.  :)

GM Friends,

I did get around 6 hours in total, but that included a 2 hour nap around 6 or 7 PM yesterday. Ugh!

I have got to start resisting the urge to nap.  It seems like I start feeling the urge around 5 PM each day. I need to be in bed my midnight each night. I have developed some bad sleep habits that I have yet to break.

Enjoy your Wed. my friends.  :)

GM AB,

You need an alarm to go off before midnight to remind you when to go to sleep.  Does your Fitbit have a built-in alarm?  I got 7.5 hrs last night.

Good day all,

AB, the two hour nap sounds nice, but like you, if I sleep in the evening. it takes away my night time sleep. Uff

When I am hungry or tired, I start moving around and do something to keep my mind off of wanting to eat or sleep. I'm not always successful, but sometimes it does help.

AB, my mom takes only one medication, which is for her thyroid, which she stops taking every so often.  She is not on any other medications as her BP is always low and she has no heart issues.  I agree quality is better than quantity. She really does not wish to still be alive.  In her lifetime, she has been in the hospital four times. Twice to give birth and once for pneumonia and lastly when she fell and broke her hip and had a partial hip replacement 3.5 years ago.

My mother emails my sister and me at least once a day and sometimes more. We talk to her on the weekends and sometimes in between.  She is quite computer savvy for her age and yes, she has a FB account.

Last night I slept 7 hours and 16 minutes. I had only 4 minutes of deep sleep, but 50 minutes of REM.

Take care everyone,

NG

Usual 5h30.

Lowest heart rate in my sleep: 46.

Thought it would lower. Lowest heart rate at day is also around 45.

My resting HR during the day SJ is between 47-52 if I am just sitting or lying down doing nothing.

It means that you are in great shape. 60-100 is normal.

SJ, your personal text underneath your avatar says

Sports is my way out

I take it you are an exercise enthusiast. I was really into hardcore exercise in my 20s and 30s. I started to slow down some in my 40s and 50s.

What do you enjoy doing if you don't mind me asking? Do you WO in a gym? How often, how long, what intensity?

I will often walk up to young kids I see late at night in the 24/7 gym I belong too and tell them looking good guys, keep up the good work to motivate them. I love seeing young ppl working out and taking good care of their bodies instead of hanging out at night with bad friend influences getting into trouble. :)

SJ, your personal text underneath your avatar says

Sports is my way out

I take it you are an exercise enthusiast. I was really into hardcore exercise in my 20s and 30s. I started to slow down some in my 40s and 50s.

What do you enjoy doing if you don't mind me asking? Do you WO in a gym? How often, how long, what intensity?

I will often walk up to young kids I see late at night in the 24/7 gym I belong too and tell them looking good guys, keep up the good work to motivate them. I love seeing young ppl working out and taking good care of their bodies instead of hanging out at night with bad friend influences getting into trouble. :)

I used sport to combat all this misery.

From 2002-2005 it was just once day. I run 8 km or I skeelered 22 km.

2006 till now I did sports 4-8 times a day.

I normally run at least 11 km a day. And I speedbike.

Goal is to win running matches to do my story.

Right now I'm injured at my hip and knee. I have to take it a bit slower. When that is fixed I will going full speed again.

And I train my upper legs multiple times a day for the injuries.

And also my upper body twice a day.

My day is full of sports.

It's my distraction. And I can't live without it to get of this medication.

Hi all, this talk of sport exercise is uplifting.  I used to walk an hour and a half a day, not counting what I did around the house, or going shopping. 

I also lifted hand weights. lol

I was into tai chi and yoga.  Now my shoulders and my newest knee doesn't like the yoga. Tai chi is easy, but I've gotten out of that since my knees were replaced.

Well, I was moving. ha

I did PT and stretching daily until I went to Iowa. My knees seem a little better since I returned home, so I've cut back on the physical therapy. 

My sleep last night was 5 hours and 39 mins with  1 hour and 24 mins of deep sleep and 42 of REM. 

Stay cool everyone.

NG

Accidently feel asleep with my sportswatch

It said:

'5h and 6 minutes. Shorter than it should be, but good'

Lowest heartrate: 38

I once was in the hospital for my appendix, and there was this guy next to me who did sports all day (like I'm doing now), and his heartrate was 30.

I'm going for that too  :laugh:. Once the medication is gone, and the weight, it should be no problem.

Hi everyone,

So nice to see most of you are having good nights! 

TS,  the heat is gone, but the house is still warm. My AC is a Godsend. It keeps the living room nice and cool. I regret not having had it installed in the bedroom as well. But who knows? You would probably laugh at our heatwaves, but boy was it hot this week! Now we're having some much-needed rain and pleasant temps. This weekend is going to be quite warm again.

Sleep has been better the last couple of nights. I did have more vivid dreams though. O well, you can't always get what you want.

Seeing my eye-doctor next Tuesday. Hopefully she'll laser off the spot in my focus that's bothering me. Then it's time for a new prescription glass.

Enjoy your Friday!

TS

Good morning,

ACs are a Godsend, TS.  I grew up without one and remember the hot days/nights and damp sheets from the high humidity.  I knew I always wanted a cool home to live/sleep in.  Enjoy the cool living room.

Last night I could not sleep. My fitbit said I slept 4 hours and 25 minutes. which is better than a zero night. 

My O2 level was abnormally high last night, which may explain the lack of sleep.

My heart rate was in the 20s after my knee surgery, so they kept me over night.  Indeed athletes have normal low heart rates, but the 30s does sound a bit too low.  I may be wrong, however.

Sleep well,

NG

Good morning,

ACs are a Godsend, TS.  I grew up without one and remember the hot days/nights and damp sheets from the high humidity.  I knew I always wanted a cool home to live/sleep in.  Enjoy the cool living room.

Last night I could not sleep. My fitbit said I slept 4 hours and 25 minutes. which is better than a zero night. 

My O2 level was abnormally high last night, which may explain the lack of sleep.

My heart rate was in the 20s after my knee surgery, so they kept me over night.  Indeed athletes have normal low heart rates, but the 30s does sound a bit too low.  I may be wrong, however.

Sleep well,

NG

'What is a normal heart rate for an athlete?

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor heart rate athletes

Athlete resting heart rate. An athlete's resting heart rate may be considered low when compared to the general population. A young, healthy athlete may have a heart rate of 30 to 40 bpm. That's likely because exercise strengthens the heart muscle.'

I wasn't planning on going to zero, that would mean I would be death  :laugh:

Accidently feel asleep with my sportswatch

It said:

'5h and 6 minutes. Shorter than it should be, but good'

Lowest heartrate: 38

I once was in the hospital for my appendix, and there was this guy next to me who did sports all day (like I'm doing now), and his heartrate was 30.

I'm going for that too  :laugh:. Once the medication is gone, and the weight, it should be no problem.

38 is really good. Bjorn Borg, the tennis player, had a resting heart rate of 35.  He was known for being really fit.

[11...]