The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

author=4Gillyblossom6 link=topic=153201.msg2760988#msg2760988 date=1544474370]

Okay Sweetie. I am thinking about you and I really hope the migraines go away and stay away!

Hey, listen Migraines, you think you are hard and tough but you don't mess with our Mary because she will kick your butt! So f*ck off and don't come back! So there!  :tickedoff:

(Now the migraines are getting together and talking. I can tell they are very scared...)

Love and Hugs. Gilly ❤❤❤ xxxx

I was doing so good with them, since March and, I am trying to figure out why now.  Sucks.  Luv ya, Mary

The thing is, trying to find out why causes more stress and possibly more migraines. The only thing I've ever heard is that if you get migraines then don't eat chocolate. But I don't know if that's true. I feel bad for you. They must be horrible....  😨😨😨 Gxxxx

Lol, yes Trishy! How Clean Is Your House! They don't make it any more. Rebecca used to love the bit where they took smears to detect bacteria round the house and then showed the results. The dirtier the better for our Becca!  The two women were Kim and Aggie. In real life they hated each other!

Now they could come and do my house!  ;D  I've heard that dust doesn't get any worse after ten years! Lol!  Gxxxx

hey 4G,

So you know the show! I would watch it for hours!! Those two made me laugh andike Rebecca I too loved when they Aggie tested the bacteria! What I really loved was seeing homes and I think you call them flats in the U.K. Seeing how very different the homes are from the U.S. .. Made me want to visit all the more lo! Very interesting that they didn't like each other in real life, I would never have guessed it!  :smitten:

Morning Trish great news about your son l hope this time he commits only time will tell.l hope you have a good day Sis and l hope Jen is doing well.

Love and hugs Stut X

hi Stut,

I hope he commits too Stut but I won't hold my breath.. Jen continues to do well, she is easily fatigued and still can't drive yet but all in all recovery is going well. Thank you for asking :smitten:

Hope you're doing well, have to back track and catch up on the posts.. Feel like I've missed a lot :(

Gilly, Trish, Mary, Stut, Everyone...

Thanks... :)

Just taking the bad with the good... -lots of pieces in play atm... But Its OK...

Who am I to argue when my body says REST..!! Lol

Hope you are all doing ok, and/or getting better...

:)

be well super spy :smitten: :smitten:

Wow I truly do know how to send you all into hiding! I'll get off now so you'll all come back from wherever you went.. Maybe the village?? Lol

Just wanted to pop in say hello, wish you all well and let you know I'm always thinking of all of you.

Mary,  I do hope your migraines give you a break girl.. Enough is enough with those, you poor thing :(

Stut, watch out for strange men on the beach but do give them my number! :laugh:>:D

Can't, I hope you figured out that drinking water from a glass is a much better idea  ::):laugh:  :laugh:

SS, you seem so happy.. Makes me smile and gives me hope, you rock! :smitten:

NJ, holding you in thought and prayer as always :smitten:

And to all the LHSG wishing you peace and healing

Trish,

:smitten:

Wow I truly do know how to send you all into hiding! I'll get off now so you'll all come back from wherever you went.. Maybe the village?? Lol

Just wanted to pop in say hello, wish you all well and let you know I'm always thinking of all of you.

Mary,  I do hope your migraines give you a break girl.. Enough is enough with those, you poor thing :(

Stut, watch out for strange men on the beach but do give them my number! :laugh:>:D

Can't, I hope you figured out that drinking water from a glass is a much better idea  ::):laugh:  :laugh:

Trish,

Trishy!!  So glad to see you on here.  I'm sure Stut will get their name and phone numbers for you next time  :laugh: :laugh:  I have eye appointment Wednesday, my left eye is weaker than right and benzo's attack weak and there is a slight cataract there.  I am wondering if all that combined is causing the migraine behind that eye.  I was only holding off on getting the cataract off because I thought my eye was going to stay blurry anyway.  So , we'll see what she says.  Probably won't know a thing about benzo's, so I will have to diagnose myself :D. So glad to see you on here.  I know, people disappear when I log on too  ;D.  Love ya girlfriend, sugar in your tea.  Hope you are feeling well! 🐕🐾🦉🎄☮️🙏💜

Hi, writing here but admit may not be able to find way back.  Pls message me if there is anything I should for sure know..?  Sorry about that just probs doing stuff.

Umm, at 3 mg valium and 10 ambien.  Not functional altho one night slept 8 hrs and then got up and axtually did a normal thing-- got out a little.  Otherwise mostly in bed or housebound.

I brought up to dr. dereasing ambien as someone said it prevented me getting off valium.  He said fine, cut it down to 5, the valium up to 8.  Then others say no, add valium first, and likely add 12 or 13 mg... then go down on ambien.  Uh-- I do not want to go up that muh on vlium.  What do you think? 

Feel so screwd.  Have probs looking at screens now and typing as have splint on wrist some hard cyst or tendonitis came out.  ow. 

I realie looking at others stories i started off in acute... and hav continued in it with bit of up and down, for 2 years.  Mirtaapine did that. 

Anyhow, any opinions?  Or copy me if you can...

th x  hope you all doing well or ok.

Hello Barbara. Welcome! I don't know the answers to your questions but you have found a nice, kind place to settle for a while. Stay with us for a while. Hope you feel a bit better soon.

Gilly xxx

Hi Trishy! Yes, flats. They are apartments. But what the heck is a condominium???  :idiot:

Sending you Hugs! Butter on your baked potato...  Gilly xxxxx

Good morning Begood Cant Heath Mary Trish Miyu Bluepill Gard Free Intend NJ SS TMB Green Deep Nova Barbara Olive Ginger Cally Battle Esperanza Anu Gilly Milli Val Hope Let and everyone else here sending you my love and support hopefully today will be a better day.

Love and hugs Stut X

Good morning Begood Cant Heath Mary Trish Miyu Bluepill Gard Free Intend NJ SS TMB Green Deep Nova Barbara Olive Ginger Cally Battle Esperanza Anu Gilly Milli Val Hope Let and everyone else here sending you my love and support hopefully today will be a better day.

Love and hugs Stut X

Tagging on here, early physical therapy but hope to be back later.    Love you all, think of you!  Mary☮️🙏💜🐕🐾🦉🎄

Train running 🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂👩🏻‍✈️

Hi, writing here but admit may not be able to find way back.  Pls message me if there is anything I should for sure know..?  Sorry about that just probs doing stuff.

Umm, at 3 mg valium and 10 ambien.  Not functional altho one night slept 8 hrs and then got up and axtually did a normal thing-- got out a little.  Otherwise mostly in bed or housebound.

I brought up to dr. dereasing ambien as someone said it prevented me getting off valium.  He said fine, cut it down to 5, the valium up to 8.  Then others say no, add valium first, and likely add 12 or 13 mg... then go down on ambien.  Uh-- I do not want to go up that muh on vlium.  What do you think? 

Feel so screwd.  Have probs looking at screens now and typing as have splint on wrist some hard cyst or tendonitis came out.  ow. 

I realie looking at others stories i started off in acute... and hav continued in it with bit of up and down, for 2 years.  Mirtaapine did that. 

Anyhow, any opinions?  Or copy me if you can...

th x  hope you all doing well or ok.

Bump

Trish,

Hi Trishy,

Nice to see you here and have your cheery voice to read in the morning.

Yes things are much "lighter" and we all know that can change on a dime so I'm really savouring it.....

I'm holding until after all the planned events of the season... not that I really need to (!!! shocking to be able to say that!!) but because I want to be in the best shape possible.

Hope things have settled down with you and your son -- I know he's taking the antabuse and that's a good start.

Be all my friend!

:smitten: :smitten:

SS

Love and hugs Stut X

Good morning all,

Hope that the Chemistry is finished this day Stut and you can enjoy ..

Gilly -- yes breathing is the best tool around -- it's always with us!  And when we are anxious our breathing can become so shallow... Keep fighting back against that anxiety!  It does work at times.

Mary - Hope that the eye thing gets worked out.  Wouldn't that be great news if you found a key to the increase in migraines.  And hope the PT goes well today...

Everyone thinking of you and hoping that all is as good as it can be...

It's a rainy blustery day here on the Wet Coast.  I'm getting our small house ready for our choir "recital" tomorrow.  Doing a bit each day so that i don't wear out....

Love and hugs Stut X

Good morning all,

Gilly -- yes breathing is the best tool around -- it's always with us!  And when we are anxious our breathing can become so shallow... Keep fighting back against that anxiety!  It does work at times.

Mary - Hope that the eye thing gets worked out.  Wouldn't that be great news if you found a key to the increase in migraines.  And hope the PT goes well today...

It's a rainy blustery day here on the Wet Coast.  I'm getting our small house ready for our choir "recital" tomorrow.  Doing a bit each day so that i don't wear out....

Hey you, I hope I am able to do as much as you when I get lower.  Stut's doing chemistry and you are having a recital, , my excitement should be more than pt ;D even though I enjoy it. I guess that tells you how desperate I am.  Tapering doing fine, it works out to spending half the time tapering and other half holding, doing like 5 days each and start over.

Did you know Claire is up for a Golden Globe for Outlander?  Can't watching it too :). Love ya Sista, hope my kitties are doing good together, Mary. ☮️💜🙏🐱🐱🐾🐾🐕🐾🦉🎄

I've been on 10 mg of Valium now for a month.  Symptoms are still horrible as if I went COLD TURKEY.  How long are your holds? Is this normal?

I've been on 10 mg of Valium now for a month.  Symptoms are still horrible as if I went COLD TURKEY.  How long are your holds? Is this normal?

I'm sorry HfR, that is an impossible question to answer.  Each person is different.  The person, what they've been on, how much, how long, and I guess sxs is the biggest.  The other name of this is symptom based tapering.  You hold til you stabalize or get as close to stable as you can get.  Holding will be hard and it is also where most of us screw up at least once, not holding, rushing, because you want off the benzo.  It ends up taking you longer because your symptoms just become worse.  I'm sorry, I know that's the last thing you want to hear  :(.  Wish you luck and hope you feel better soon.

Luv ya, Mary ☮️💜🙏

Love and hugs Stut X

Good morning all,

Hey you, I hope I am able to do as much as you when I get lower.  Stut's doing chemistry and you are having a recital, , my excitement should be more than pt ;D even though I enjoy it. I guess that tells you how desperate I am.  Tapering doing fine, it works out to spending half the time tapering and other half holding, doing like 5 days each and start over.

Did you know Claire is up for a Golden Globe for Outlander?  Can't watching it too :). Love ya Sista, hope my kitties are doing good together, Mary. ☮️💜🙏🐱🐱🐾🐾🐕🐾🦉🎄

Oh I'm so glad the tapering is going fine -- it's remarkable how we each need to find or rhythm that our body will allow..... Are you sticking with the 5% a month?  That'll add up!

Now for those migraines!

Claire is up for Golden Globe for Season 3?  Just started that season.  (I do tend to get obsessed when i find something....)

Yes the kittens are buddies and glad to have a warm house as the deluge outside continues...

Love ya and keep warm and distracted -- at least that is my MO>

SS

I'm sorry HfR, that is an impossible question to answer.  Each person is different.  The person, what they've been on, how much, how long, and I guess sxs is the biggest.  The other name of this is symptom based tapering.  You hold til you stabalize or get as close to stable as you can get.  Holding will be hard and it is also where most of us screw up at least once, not holding, rushing, because you want off the benzo.  It ends up taking you longer because your symptoms just become worse.  I'm sorry, I know that's the last thing you want to hear  :(.  Wish you luck and hope you feel better soon.

Luv ya, Mary ☮️💜🙏

Good wisdom here! 

Holding is hard work as it is so counterintuitive....

Hi HFR you have actually tapered very fast imo the problem with diazepam is the long half life which generally means the acute withdrawal generally don't kick in until the end of the first week into the second week so as you get lower the withdrawal symptoms mount up and a lot of people hit a wall.Now it takes a long time for your brain to settle down and at the beginning of the hold withdrawal symptoms do increase that's why a lot of people panic and begin tapering again.l had to hold for 5 months before things settled down.

When we talk about stabilising we don't mean you are symptom free it means the symptoms settle down and are more manageable.Generally a hold is 3 months plus and my advice is be patient and allow healing to happen.

Love and hugs Stut X

Hi Lady Mary and SS this is endless this bloody assignment is going to drive the pair of us nuts.I think it would be a lot easier if l liked Chemistry must be the hardest subject by a mile.Oh well it has to be done.l have decided l won't be going home until Saturday so hopefully will get a trip to the beach tomorrow.l will drop my daughter to the airport on Saturday and head home.

Hopefully you will both have a good day my lovely ladies.l wonder is all this stretching etc setting of those migraines lady Mary.SS sing up my lovely l want to be able to hear you over here.

Love and hugs Stut X

Hi Lady Mary and SS this is endless this bloody assignment is going to drive the pair of us nuts.I think it would be a lot easier if l liked Chemistry must be the hardest subject by a mile.Oh well it has to be done.l have decided l won't be going home until Saturday so hopefully will get a trip to the beach tomorrow.l will drop my daughter to the airport on Saturday and head home.

Hopefully you will both have a good day my lovely ladies.l wonder is all this stretching etc setting of those migraines lady Mary.SS sing up my lovely l want to be able to hear you over here.

Love and hugs Stut X

Are you taking your daughter with you to beach?  If not, walk softly and carry a big stick  ;). Love u

Lol Lady Mary l will be going with the pups don't you worry l will take a Blackthorn with me.Let anyone come near the weirdo on the cold,dank,wet beach and they will get a good whack with it 😀😉.

Love you Lady Mary.

Love and hugs Stut X

[2c...]