The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Lol Can't it's as if you were there.A man came up and asked me if l needed any help lol.Well l think that will do me for the beach.Absolutely mortified.

Back now and heading out with my daughter and her work mates.Oh God l will look sweet in among these young muscle men lol.Lady Mary and Trish if it turns into a grab a granny night l will give you pair a shout lol.Oh well l will go and try to get down wiff the kids.

Love and hugs Stut X

I bet  you were the hit of the party :D;D:laugh:  Lady Mary

Hi Everyone!  Thank you so much Stut for your kind words to me. Today I've dipped a bit, but it may only be a blip. Hope so. Did you watch the dancing? Not as good as last week.

Hey Mary, Hope your migraines go away and stay away. Have you always had them or did Benzos contribute? Please give Sly a big hug. What kind of dog is he? How big is he? More like Muffin or more like Daisy?

I'm just watching tv with Dave and the sweet, one-eyed cat, Tilly. She is such a softy!

Hoping you feel a bit better, Esperanza. Sending you thoughts and hugs.

Thinking of you too Trishy. I hope you manage to see your grandson, even if there is nothing you can do about your son. You are maybe at a point where you realise that you can't do anything. Only he can do it. That must be unbelievably hard for a mother. Our natural instinct is to keep on trying and trying for our children. I'm so sorry you are in that position.

Hello, SS. You have done amazingly well with your taper. I'm sure you'll know whether to keep going or hold for a while. It is a stressful time of year and I am on hold till after Christmas. But if you can carry on then that's great.

Hi Cant. Hope your drinking is easier. I saw a video clip of an Australian guy being attacked by a kangaroo. It knocked him over but he didn't spill any of his beer! Pure Australiana!

Hello to anyone I know who I haven't mentioned. Love and Hugs to All!  Gilly xxxxx ❤❤❤

Hi 4G,

Sorry to hear that you've dipped a bit....may it be momentary and you can carry on.

Yes I am holding for a few days.  Weirdly, I don't ever feel as good holding for the first few days as I do when tapering.  But I know that I have a bunch of social things I want to do so I'm Holding my ground.  Thanks for your encouragement to me -- and everyone-- in that regard.

It's a weird dance, this benzo dance -- so unpredictable  or maybe I am expecting things that are unrealistic.  (who me!!!?!?)

I am so glad you have your Tilly and Dave at your side.    And that you shall see what other things may be fossil able in this next while....

The season can have funny expectations as well, when it's really just about being together.....

:smitten: :smitten:

SS

Lol Can't it's as if you were there.A man came up and asked me if l needed any help lol.Well l think that will do me for the beach.Absolutely mortified.

Back now and heading out with my daughter and her work mates.Oh God l will look sweet in among these young muscle men lol.Lady Mary and Trish if it turns into a grab a granny night l will give you pair a shout lol.Oh well l will go and try to get down wiff the kids.

Love and hugs Stut X

LOL!  :laugh: :laugh:  How dare we just sit someplace these days....

SS

Hi Everyone!  Thank you so much Stut for your kind words to me. Today I've dipped a bit, but it may only be a blip. Hope so. Did you watch the dancing? Not as good as last week.

Hey Mary, Hope your migraines go away and stay away. Have you always had them or did Benzos contribute? Please give Sly a big hug. What kind of dog is he? How big is he? More like Muffin or more like Daisy?

I'm just watching tv with Dave and the sweet, one-eyed cat, Tilly. She is such a softy!

Thinking of you too Trishy. I hope you manage to see your grandson, even if there is nothing you can do about your son. You are maybe at a point where you realise that you can't do anything. Only he can do it. That must be unbelievably hard for a mother. Our natural instinct is to keep on trying and trying for our children. I'm so sorry you are in that position.

Hello, SS. You have done amazingly well with your taper. I'm sure you'll know whether to keep going or hold for a while. It is a stressful time of year and I am on hold till after Christmas. But if you can carry on then that's great.

Hi Cant. Hope your drinking is easier. I saw a video clip of an Australian guy being attacked by a kangaroo. It knocked him over but he didn't spill any of his beer! Pure Australiana!

Hello to anyone I know who I haven't mentioned. Love and Hugs to All!  Gilly xxxxx ❤❤❤

Hey GB,yes, coming back to life.  Had migraines for 27 years, how I got on xanax , having chronic migraines while one of my dogs, that I loved so much, was slowly dying from an enlarged heart.  My heart was shrinking and I had a migraine almost every day.  He was fainting if he got excited, so we had to watch him closely.  Okay, enough sad.  Sly is a chi-pin, part miniature pincher and part chihuahua, so in between Stuts babies.  He's fast as lightening and is a sweetheart.  He had a rough life til we got him.  He was a stray when the animal shelter got him, then when someone adopted him, they put him on face book to sell him.  The shelter went back to get him, cause you sign a contract saying , you will give them the first chance to take them back.  The shelter treated the poor thing well and then we got him.  Now he is spoiled and rotten to the core.  Getting him ready to meet Segway  :D:D

Glad you are all comfy with Dave and Tilly, love ya GB 🇬🇧 🐱🐾🐕🦉💓❣️💘💕💞💚❤️

G'morning everyone!

It's a drizzly day here after many days of gorgeous weather... warmer when the clouds roll in.

Day 5 of a hold that I was thinking of continuing till Xmas.  I'll see if that continues to make sense.

Trishy -- thinking of you... Hoping that things are settling or at least your path with your son is becoming clearer.  Tough stuff to be dealing with, and I know you are tough...

Wishing everyone the best day....

[/quote

Thank you for thinking of me SS..

Everything is quiet for the time being, my son is back on antabuse . I went to my grandson's birthday party today, he turned 4 on December 6th. I spent the afternoon at a bouncy house with a bunch of little people, not my idea of a good time but I'd spend eternity there just to be with him if I had too .. He's such a love . I hope you're doing well and having fun with your singing buddies.  :smitten:

G'morning everyone!

It's a drizzly day here after many days of gorgeous weather... warmer when the clouds roll in.

Day 5 of a hold that I was thinking of continuing till Xmas.  I'll see if that continues to make sense.

Trishy -- thinking of you... Hoping that things are settling or at least your path with your son is becoming clearer.  Tough stuff to be dealing with, and I know you are tough...

[/quote

Everything is quiet for the time being, my son is back on antabuse . I went to my grandson's birthday party today, he turned 4 on December 6th. I spent the afternoon at a bouncy house with a bunch of little people, not my idea of a good time but I'd spend eternity there just to be with him if I had too .. He's such a love . I hope you're doing well and having fun with your singing buddies.  :smitten:

Trishy, I have missed you girlfriend, you've been at a bouncy house and Stuts been out with good looking men, and there is no telling where SS, probably in Italy buying 👠 shoes, love you all so much.  My head is finally clearing up, it's like night and day when you have a 3 day migraine that finally goes away.  Glad your son is trying and you spent time with your grandchild.  Hope you have a good night.  The icing on your cake, Mary

Love and hugs Stut X

Get down girl and live it up!!! And granny my ass , I'll be there in my ripped up jeans with knee length boots on and an oversized comfy pull over sweater :laugh: :laugh:

I hope you're having a blast! :smitten: :smitten:

G'morning everyone!

[/quote

Trishy, I have missed you girlfriend, you've been at a bouncy house and Stuts been out with good looking men, and there is no telling where SS, probably in Italy buying 👠 shoes, love you all so much.  My head is finally clearing up, it's like night and day when you have a 3 day migraine that finally goes away.  Glad your son is trying and you spent time with your grandchild.  Hope you have a good night.  The icing on your cake, Mary

oh my sweet Mary I've been off BB for a few days, so sorry you've been ill with a migraine :((( I didn't know d if I did I would have sent you my healing super powers :pokey:

Glad you are feeling better.. No doubt you were missed around here girlfriend!!

Love you,

Chocolate chips in your pancakes

hey 4G!

What up girl from the U.K. ?! That's American speak  :laugh:

Yeah 4G, my son had this problem and its life long but hopefully he'll soon be a recovering alcoholic instead of a current one.. I'm his mother and I'll never give up hope but I do know there is nothing I can do and I'm reconciling myself to that truth.

I have a lot of reading to catch up on but I hope you're doing well 4G..

Tea with your biscuit??  :D:smitten:

Strewth, anyone who drinks from a tap deserves a boot up the bum! What a galah..... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Thanks for the support, mate. Laziness is permitted!

Gilly  :mybuddy:

Ummm... -But thats where water comes from..!!??

-Its hard to stand in the rain with ones mouth open..!!

:)

so true ninja spy that's why here in America we use a glass to drink our water :laugh: :laugh:

Cheerio mate.. Do they even say that in Australia?? Lol!!! :smitten:

Mary, Sly sounds like a Sweetheart. I'm glad you make each other happy, especially when he had a bad start in life.

I keep hearing of Segway. What is it? Is it something that a Little Englander wouldn't know about??  ???

It is surprising how people end up on Benzos for different reasons. I think you're the first person I've heard of who got on them because of migraines. Did the doctor think that stress was causing the migraines and so gave you them to cope with that? It must be very stressful when the dog you love is dying. I know that pets are part of the family. Sorry you had to go through all that.  :'(

Luv ya too. The brandy in your Christmas pudding...  :D  :D. Gilly xxx

Hey 4G, I used to watch a show that I absolutely loved, it was called How Clean Is Your House? It was about 2 British women who went to the most dirtiest houses in the U.K. and they were hilarious! Have you ever seen the show ?

Ok Can't sitting like a nutter on a deserted beach with two mad dogs.Living the dream 😌. Withdrawal symptoms still yo-yoing as per nothing new there that's as stable as l get.

Tell me this mate do you do Xmas on the beach or what do you normally do?My sister's mate from Australia has spent Xmas here three times l think over the last 10 years absolutely loves it.l think she is coming next year l personally think she's nuts but that's me.

Are you planning on tapering more Lyrica or waiting until January?

Love and hugs Stut X

I can actually picture that Stut... -sea weed blowing, sea gulls all huddled against the arctic wind..

What is this Xmas thing you speak of..??

Will be a quiet one for me I think... :)

Hi Mary.. -So good to see you surface... Keep feeling better...

:)

Well, back to sleep for me... Something must have woken me suddenly... -Then I was hungry...

what??? You are not celebrating Xmas Can't? ..hmmmm..I hope you don't get visited by say 3 spirits!!.. SCROOGE  :laugh: :laugh:

Yes thanks Trishy, I'm doing okay for this stressful time of year. Glad you got to see your grandson today. Gosh, I remember going to the ball things when Rebecca was little. Are they the ones where the kids are in a space filled with balls and things to climb up and down, etc.? I've spent some hours at those places. You do it for love! No adult really wants to spend time there, but you're happy if your child is happy. Rebecca is 23 now and has announced that she is never going to have a baby. She can't stand the thought of a "parasite" (her word!) living inside her. Good grief! I asked her if she was the same person now as she was when she was 13. Obviously she said that she wasnt, so then I told her that she might think differently when she is 33. She still thinks she will never have a child. If she doesn't then that's better than having a child just to please the family.

Good that your son is on Antabuse. I had to look that up. Never heard of it before. Sounds very promising. At least he's showing some positive signs. Yes, I know it is a lifelong condition, but lots of people have beaten it. It's the thing "I'm not going to drink just for this day" but saying that every day isn't it? Can't be easy for him or the family. You have my sympathy but also my hope. Hope is a biggy for us, isn't it?

Well, I will let you get on with your reading. Yes, biscuit with my tea please! A nice custard cream biscuit would be just the job! Of course you must have one too!

Love, Gilly xxx

Lol, yes Trishy! How Clean Is Your House! They don't make it any more. Rebecca used to love the bit where they took smears to detect bacteria round the house and then showed the results. The dirtier the better for our Becca!  The two women were Kim and Aggie. In real life they hated each other!

Now they could come and do my house!  ;D  I've heard that dust doesn't get any worse after ten years! Lol!  Gxxxx

Love and hugs Stut X

Get down girl and live it up!!! And granny my ass , I'll be there in my ripped up jeans with knee length boots on and an oversized comfy pull over sweater :laugh: :laugh:

I hope you're having a blast! :smitten: :smitten:

I'll be right next to you, no good looking single men around, I will pull you and Stut and my neice out on the floor, love to dance....we'll show those young skinny chivks how to move :D :D. SS get back from Italy, you have enough shoes.  Let's dance 💃🏼.....Mary

Btw, in Northern England we call members of the family "our Rebecca" or whatever the name is. Evidently we do not say "our Rebecca" when speaking of Great Aunt Gertrude.....

Mary, Sly sounds like a Sweetheart. I'm glad you make each other happy, especially when he had a bad start in life.

I keep hearing of Segway. What is it? Is it something that a Little Englander wouldn't know about??  ???

It is surprising how people end up on Benzos for different reasons. I think you're the first person I've heard of who got on them because of migraines. Did the doctor think that stress was causing the migraines and so gave you them to cope with that? It must be very stressful when the dog you love is dying. I know that pets are part of the family. Sorry you had to go through all that.  :'(

Part of it was the stress, the other part, the migraine tends to pound in the exact same place for hours.  The xanax caused it to spread around so it wasn't so intense and seemed to ease off quicker.

The mashed potatoes on your pie,  :D Mary

Segway is an owl that rides a Segway who is spending time with the critters on Lookingforward.  I accidentally named him and now as os Jan 1, he's mine.  I am remodeling the virtual house 🏡 to fit in the virtual owl, so that Segway and Sly can live together in peace 🐕🐾🦉☮️💜🙏🎄🏡 Mary  ;D:laugh::D

Ah, okay! I know about The Critters. I've known Fiona for quite a long time now. That Grumpy Cat looks like he's been licking piss off a nettle.... >:(

Gxxx

5 weeks off benzo ..just feel tired ...Just not feeling like doing much ..A little depressing I use to be very active;( anyone feel like this too 😔😔

Hi Gina. Yes, fatigue is one of the most common symptoms of withdrawal. To be honest, if that is your worst symptom then you are doing really well. It will pass in time.

Ah, okay! I know about The Critters. I've known Fiona for quite a long time now. That Grumpy Cat looks like he's been licking piss off a nettle.... >:(

Gxxx

:laugh:  :laugh: 

[8b...]