The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Good morning LHSG

I’m getting really odd head rushes when I stand up.  I have felt very dizzy and my brain feels like it’s vibrating.  I checked my HR and it was 137 then quickly goes back to low 50s.  Any ideas?

Good morning LHSG

I’m getting really odd head rushes when I stand up.  I have felt very dizzy and my brain feels like it’s vibrating.  I checked my HR and it was 137 then quickly goes back to life w 50s.  Any ideas?

Hey GP,

That sounds am awful lot like POTS sxs. I have Pots and I get exactly what you're talking about. If your heart rate is shooting up upon standing and then quickly drops to the 50's that's classic of POTS. The reason you get dizzy is bc of the fluctuation in BP and heart rate. The blood pools to the legs while sitting and then when you stand your heart rate will go up in order to get blood back up to the heart and brain. I go through this all day long. It started last summer for me. If you type in the search box Pots sxs you'll read about a lot of other members who have dealt with this. I went to numerous Drs last year and a cardiologist confirmed that it was Pots. It's not life threatening. There is no cure. If it was brought on by benzo wd it should go away. If it was brought on by a virus it will not go away. I don't know if wd or a virus which I did have prior to the pots caused mine but I think it was wd🤷

So I could be wrong but that's what it sounds like to me.

:smitten: :smitten:

Thanks for your reply Trishy.  I remember your terrible ordeal last summer.  Do you know what virus caused this?  Is there anything you can do naturally to fight it off?  I wonder if diet, more water and NO sitting is the answer.  I notice you have been quite active.  How on earth do you do that?  Maybe when I get lower on benzo my energy level will return. 

Going to Search now.....

Good morning LHSG

I’m getting really odd head rushes when I stand up.  I have felt very dizzy and my brain feels like it’s vibrating.  I checked my HR and it was 137 then quickly goes back to low 50s.  Any ideas?

That's what it sounds like to me too, GP. Does it happen when you stand up? BTW, did you ever ask your doc about LDN? A good book is: The LDN Book by Linda Elsegood.

Good morning LHSG, I hope you are all safe and as well as you can be.  :smitten: :smitten:

I’ve been holding for 30 days and feel fairly good so I’m going to resume my taper today. I’m planning to reduce by .01 for 10 days then I will hold again for at least 2 weeks before starting again. I seems h month long hold really helped my symptoms calm down and I find that very encouraging.

Sending you all love and light.  :smitten: :smitten:

Meems is there a low cost clinic in your area that would neuter him for very cheap? It's less expensive than spaying, that's good. I hate to think of him out there making all sorts of babies. And taking him to the shelter doesn't seem right, he's YOUR cat now!!  :laugh: :laugh:

Good luck Kitsune, you've got this!  :boxer:

Sorry to hear it GP. Good diet, water, and less sitting can't hurt! I was feeling kind of dizzy recently and I realized that I may have been dehydrated. Drank more water an dit went away. I hope you can figure yours out.

You guys I'm moving back to Portland in 9 days! It doesn't feel quite real, I haven't gotten ready at all yet. But I have a very light work week next week so I'm planning on packing up then. I don't have much stuff here since I left all of my stuff in storage in Portland so I basically have what I brought down in my car and everything I have acquired in the last 2 years, which isn't too much.

Olive, you're right, drinking water is probably the best thing you can do. I try to drink 2 glasses in the morning before I eat and at least 4-5 more during the day. In this hot weather I've been drinking too much ice tea which is a diuretic.

Kit, it sounds like you're really going about it the right way, slow and steady. I'm going to start my taper in a few days. I hope I can have the patience you have.

Olive, you're right, drinking water is probably the best thing you can do. I try to drink 2 glasses in the morning before I eat and at least 4-5 more during the day. In this hot weather I've been drinking too much ice tea which is a diuretic.

Kit, it sounds like you're really going about it the right way, slow and steady. I'm going to start my taper in a few days. I hope I can have the patience you have.

Thank you, Jwl! I got burned by going too fast, I think many of us here have, so if I need to be a bit of a turtle, so be it! I am not patient at all. I want to be done and healed so I can have another baby, but I know what I need to do, so that’s just the way it’s gotta be.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I hope your last 1 mg is a breeze to taper!

Thanks for your reply Trishy.  I remember your terrible ordeal last summer.  Do you know what virus caused this?  Is there anything you can do naturally to fight it off?  I wonder if diet, more water and NO sitting is the answer.  I notice you have been quite active.  How on earth do you do that?  Maybe when I get lower on benzo my energy level will return. 

Going to Search now.....

There's tons of information on this. Any virus can cause it. I had really bad bronchitis last year and I was moving too fast in my taper so I really don't know if it was the bronchitis or the taper that caused it.

The only things you can do are to stay hydrated and increase your salt intake. Get up slowly from sitting position.

Also do a Google search besides searching here, you'll find more info. Search postural orthostatic tachycardia or just POTS. Cleveland clinic and John Hopkins I believe have good information on it. I found a lot of information in my searching last summer. I found a lot of old posts here as well with people who had pots sxs. Actually there was someone in withdrawal support that was complaining about this and I replied to him. You can go look there as well, other's have posted there as well.

I try to stay active and busy. I hate to just sit around. I find the busier I am the better. I know a lot of people just are zapped of energy from wd but so far I've been lucky with that. I have had some times though like last summer where being active was near to impossible. I obviously improved over time but it was only holding that I gradually lost most of those pots sxs. Not all but most. I have read that some who have finished their taper still suffer from pots sxs but eventually get better or it disappears completely. So if it's caused by wd chances are it'll disappear at some point, if a virus caused it then it's for life. However, people who have it caused by a virus can get it under control and live life normally.

Peace girl, 🙋‍♀️🏻❤️

Good morning LHSG, I hope you are all safe and as well as you can be.  :smitten: :smitten:

I’ve been holding for 30 days and feel fairly good so I’m going to resume my taper today. I’m planning to reduce by .01 for 10 days then I will hold again for at least 2 weeks before starting again. I seems h month long hold really helped my symptoms calm down and I find that very encouraging.

That's great Kit! I'm glad the hold has helped. Just proceed with caution girl :thumbsup:

:smitten: :smitten:

Hey all - wow so it sounds like some of us are having the standing up lightheaded feeling.  I don’t have a blood pressure cuff that measures heart rate.  I know I having been drinking enough water.  Anytime I feel any dizziness it causes me anxiety.  It’s one of my scary sxs.  Then that triggers more anxiety.  It’s amazing how our bodies are so sensitive and susceptible to stuff. 

Kit And JWL good luck on starting up on the taper.  Mine is super slow.  I’m holding right now.  But I do like .01 every few days and then stop for a few days and so on.  I’m holding right now cause I’m having sxs (stress related). 

Olive - we’ll miss you here in CA but keep us updated on life in Portland.  I have a good friend who lives there.  Yes, Romeo is my cat now.  I gave him his first treatment of flea treatment and now he’s not trusting me very much.  I put that liquid on his neck.  I can take him to my vet and they may do a Good Samaritan treatment.  Yes, he needs his knockers off cause we don’t need a bunch of feral cats out there.  And I live in the mountains just north of Los Angeles and there is a lot of wildlife here and then come to our homes to look for food and water.  Romeo is tough but I can’t bring him inside.  I have Sam and he is territorial and I’ll end up on an episode of “my cat from hell” on animal

Planet. 

Trishy girl - hope your getting all those leaves 🍁 and everything all taken care of.  Romeo does date married women but I’m sure you don’t want his fleas everywhere.  But he’s a charmer! 

Love ❤️ to everyone

Meems

Hey all - wow so it sounds like some of us are having the standing up lightheaded feeling.  I don’t have a blood pressure cuff that measures heart rate.  I know I having been drinking enough water.  Anytime I feel any dizziness it causes me anxiety.  It’s one of my scary sxs.  Then that triggers more anxiety.  It’s amazing how our bodies are so sensitive and susceptible to stuff. 

Kit And JWL good luck on starting up on the taper.  Mine is super slow.  I’m holding right now.  But I do like .01 every few days and then stop for a few days and so on.  I’m holding right now cause I’m having sxs (stress related). 

Olive - we’ll miss you here in CA but keep us updated on life in Portland.  I have a good friend who lives there.  Yes, Romeo is my cat now.  I gave him his first treatment of flea treatment and now he’s not trusting me very much.  I put that liquid on his neck.  I can take him to my vet and they may do a Good Samaritan treatment.  Yes, he needs his knockers off cause we don’t need a bunch of feral cats out there.  And I live in the mountains just north of Los Angeles and there is a lot of wildlife here and then come to our homes to look for food and water.  Romeo is tough but I can’t bring him inside.  I have Sam and he is territorial and I’ll end up on an episode of “my cat from hell” on animal

Planet. 

Trishy girl - hope your getting all those leaves 🍁 and everything all taken care of.  Romeo does date married women but I’m sure you don’t want his fleas everywhere.  But he’s a charmer! 

Love ❤️ to everyone

Meems

OMG Jackson Galaxy! You should bring Romeo in and then you would have an excuse to get Jackson in your house!! I absolutely love that guy.

Planet. 

Love ❤️ to everyone

Meems

OMG Jackson Galaxy! You should bring Romeo in and then you would have an excuse to get Jackson in your house!! I absolutely love that guy.

So do I.  With his guitar case of cat toys.  😹

Hi all,

Yikes I feel like I’ve just survived something. My period finally stopped today. The last 4 days were horrendous, horrible thoughts full of hopelessness, crying spells, brain shakes, twitches, revved up tinnitus etc. Does anyone know how many months this carries on for? I would prefer not to go though this at each cycle, that’s for sure... Strength to you all....

Oh good for you Kit.  It's so good to hear people moving forward.  Just let those symptoms be your guide  ;):D

Planet. 

Love ❤️ to everyone

Meems

Your cat from hell, they don't like that flea stuff.  Oh, I hope when it's time , the vet does a good samaraitan treatment.  They do them here  for feral cats.  He is giving you lots of distraction. 

Hope the fires stay away from your area Meems!  LY, 🙋🏼🙏😘😷♥️.      🐈🐾🐾🐾🐾. Pets for both kitties  :D

Planet. 

Love ❤️ to everyone

Meems

OK, it has been so good to hear from you so often, I hope everything goes great for you and boo in Portland.  Please keep us posted.  We all love you!!  Mary 🙋🏼🙋🏼🙏😘♥️😷🙏😘♥️😷

Meems is there a low cost clinic in your area that would neuter him for very cheap? It's less expensive than spaying, that's good. I hate to think of him out there making all sorts of babies. And taking him to the shelter doesn't seem right, he's YOUR cat now!!  :laugh: :laugh:

Good luck Kitsune, you've got this!  :boxer:

Sorry to hear it GP. Good diet, water, and less sitting can't hurt! I was feeling kind of dizzy recently and I realized that I may have been dehydrated. Drank more water an dit went away. I hope you can figure yours out.

You guys I'm moving back to Portland in 9 days! It doesn't feel quite real, I haven't gotten ready at all yet. But I have a very light work week next week so I'm planning on packing up then. I don't have much stuff here since I left all of my stuff in storage in Portland so I basically have what I brought down in my car and everything I have acquired in the last 2 years, which isn't too much.

It's so exciting Olive! It's like an adventure :D please take us with you virtually :laugh: I'd love to go to Portland :D  ;)

Planet. 

Love ❤️ to everyone

Meems

Yeah, not a fan of fleas or knockers  :laugh: :laugh: he can have babies with someone else!  :laugh: :laugh:  ;)🙋‍♀️❤️

Trying: I don't have a definite answer for you really except to say the people that were the originals on this thread are no longer on BB...so I'm taking the as a sign of hope. I'm bracing bc I'm due in a couple days...I feel the same way..like I cannot do another month of that. I try to be so positive in BB, but periods feel like you're back in acute and I struggle for sure.

Hugs my friend. I can totally relate. The good news is that you did survive it. In theory you have better days ahead now for at least a few weeks ( I realize there are waves..). Remind me of this in about 5 days when I'll be potentially sobbing uncontrollably. fingers crossed this is my month to see improvement.

Planet. 

Love ❤️ to everyone

Meems

Yeah, not a fan of fleas or knockers  :laugh: :laugh: he can have babies with someone else!  :laugh: :laugh:  ;)🙋‍♀️❤️

😹😹😹😹😹😂🤣

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

Morning Twiny awe God l am losing it l forgot to post here on Monday 🤔🤢.I see you survived the storm honey?We had quite the storm here a couple of weeks ago l lost a roof tile had to get up there and slot it back in was absolutely terrified 😱. Couldn't leave it or the rain would have caused a lot of damage.l absolutely hate heights so you can imagine l didn't bound up there but l did it so woohoo 🎊🎉.Are you doing ok my lovely any kick back from the cut?l hope the kids are doing well?l hope you have the pool cleared so you can get the use of it.I will be back next week sometime.Just plodding along this end you know how it goes.The family are all fit and well so no worries there.My wee friend is holding her own and l have to say l am so proud of her.Her mother and father are holding on to each other and trying to take each day as it comes.They have a very very long and hard road ahead so for now they are doing ok.Give my bil Rich a big hug from me and enjoy your weekend.love you my lST X

Morning GP it does sound very similar to mine not pleasant.I have had it since tolerance crept in so it has been with me a long time.l tend to get up very slowly and before l get out of bed l drink a couple of glasses of water.l must say if you kept on your feet it does pass.Try not to get too afraid honey it tends to make it worse.Make sure you drink the recommended amount of water.Add in a little more salt, you can also wear pressure stockings that could help.lt will pass it is a withdrawal symptom.love you.X

Morning Olive l really hope everything goes smoothly for you honey you deserve it.I am sure your mum will miss you.Let us know how you get on.love you.X

Morning Meems yeah I have to say the dizziness etc is scary probably my worst symptom although none of them are pleasant.How's your garden coming along?Glad you have Romeo funny how they appear when we need them the most.Love you.X

Morning Kit and Lwt have everything crossed for you l think you will be grand.Listen to your body and please be aware of the lag time.love you.X

Morning Ginger l hope you are proud of yourself you went away and got through the anxiety and ended up enjoying yourself.Well done my lovely.l know everyone looks for windows however in my opinion it's how we cope when we have an uptick in withdrawal that will get us through this.l hope you are doing ok? love you.X

Morning Suzy how are you honey you have been quiet.Are you doing ok? Thinking of you.love you.X

Morning Val, Lady Mary, Nova Miyu Final Bill Intend Gilly Valley Troch Jasmine Free and everyone here sending you my love.X

Hi Stut!

I cant believe you had to climb up on your roof. Be careful. Hope you are feeling ok. Oh these sx! Ugh. I'm ok. My face and si uses and has feel weird. It could be from the tooth I got pulled. Went out with my mother yesterday. Surprisingly, we didn't gave a fight. Come to find out she had a fight with the relatives over the weekend. She pisses everyone off. Idk. I have to forget itsnot just me. Anyway the weather is gross here and my brake wonton mylar. So I'm resting. Have a wonderul day and weekend! Love you Suzy

[52...]