Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Has anyone tried Muscimol?

[Na...]

Well it appears I believe that I prob won’t know one way or another if this is going to work for me simply because I’m having high blood sugar / high insulin issues.    For me when I tapered off benzos I lost a temendous amount of weight having akasthasia.  I couldn’t stop walking/ shuffling it’s 1 mile around my block and when I had akasthasia I would walk around that block 20-30 times a day only sleeping 2 hours per night.  My normal healthy weight is 170lbs and given all the walking and energy I was expending I dropped down to 140lbs. Not healthy for a guy who’s 5-10. I looked like that movie thinner where the guy kept dropping weight.  Well since coming completely off I started gaining the weight back and now have gone the opposite side of the spectrum and weight 196.  For me my health really goes downhill anytime I have broken past 190lbs.  I’m instantly a diabetic and once again my blood sugars have risen and I now am a diabetic again.  Conventional wisdom would say well just drop the 20lbs fatty but I can’t. I don’t understand why or the mechanisms for why my weight and pain go hand in hand. But when I restrict calories to try to lose weight the pain and pressure in my head skyrockets it’s just unbearable.  Seems counterintuitive but the crappier I eat the less pain I’m in 🤷. So what the predicament I’m in. Do I diet down and try to push through the pain at the risk of losing my job or wrecking my car or just keep doing what I’m doing

How this fits into the muscimol.  I bought AM to help with sleep because I do recognize that when I sleep good the pain and pressure is less and I thought I’d try it to help me sleep however I just keep waking up no matter what because I’m peeing 8-10 times a night now. It’s because of the high insulin and blood sugar.  So until I get that fixed I just don’t think I will know one way or another if it helps with sleep because my body just keeps pushing out too much urine from having too high of insulin /blood sugar which affects my sleep / pain level.  Yet if k

I diet down and get my blood sugar under control I’ll be in so much pain I can’t tolerate it. 🤷 stuck

Ty benzos

12 drops last night still slept like crap 😩

try 1 -- not kidding here.  Yes it's like a homeopathic dose, yes many people don't believe in that kind of dosing with medicine, but what do you have to lose?

Well it appears I believe that I prob won’t know one way or another if this is going to work for me simply because I’m having high blood sugar / high insulin issues.    For me when I tapered off benzos I lost a temendous amount of weight having akasthasia.  I couldn’t stop walking/ shuffling it’s 1 mile around my block and when I had akasthasia I would walk around that block 20-30 times a day only sleeping 2 hours per night.  My normal healthy weight is 170lbs and given all the walking and energy I was expending I dropped down to 140lbs. Not healthy for a guy who’s 5-10. I looked like that movie thinner where the guy kept dropping weight.  Well since coming completely off I started gaining the weight back and now have gone the opposite side of the spectrum and weight 196.  For me my health really goes downhill anytime I have broken past 190lbs.  I’m instantly a diabetic and once again my blood sugars have risen and I now am a diabetic again.  Conventional wisdom would say well just drop the 20lbs fatty but I can’t. I don’t understand why or the mechanisms for why my weight and pain go hand in hand. But when I restrict calories to try to lose weight the pain and pressure in my head skyrockets it’s just unbearable.  Seems counterintuitive but the crappier I eat the less pain I’m in 🤷. So what the predicament I’m in. Do I diet down and try to push through the pain at the risk of losing my job or wrecking my car or just keep doing what I’m doing

How this fits into the muscimol.  I bought AM to help with sleep because I do recognize that when I sleep good the pain and pressure is less and I thought I’d try it to help me sleep however I just keep waking up no matter what because I’m peeing 8-10 times a night now. It’s because of the high insulin and blood sugar.  So until I get that fixed I just don’t think I will know one way or another if it helps with sleep because my body just keeps pushing out too much urine from having too high of insulin /blood sugar which affects my sleep / pain level.  Yet if k

I diet down and get my blood sugar under control I’ll be in so much pain I can’t tolerate it. 🤷 stuck

Ty benzos

really sorry to hear you're in such a bind. It's really unbelievable to any of the uninitiated what the ongoing issues with these poisons are.  :sick:

And so sorry that nothing is helping at the moment.... :'(

I guess I’ll keep taking it as I don’t think it can hurt I’ll prob just stick with the doseage the guy from all things Amanita told me which is 1/4th -1/2 a dropper.  Which is 7-14 drops.  But I don’t think I’m going to get my sleep REALLY under control to where something Wether that be melatonin Amanita blue lotus or anything can help.  If I’m needing to pee 8 x a night that has to be resolved first

For me I guess what makes the most sense is hgh and Semaglutide both of which are on the body builder forum.  The hgh is supposed to help with nerve damage and Semaglutide (ozempic) is a diabetic medication which is also used as a fat loss aid so maybe it can help me decrease my weight , insulin and blood sugar levels and hgh besides helping repair nerves is supposed to help sleep too.  Just hope the pain isn’t so unbearable I lose my job. These f&$kng! Pills !!!
  • Like 1

I guess I’ll keep taking it as I don’t think it can hurt I’ll prob just stick with the doseage the guy from all things Amanita told me which is 1/4th -1/2 a dropper.  Which is 7-14 drops.  But I don’t think I’m going to get my sleep REALLY under control to where something Wether that be melatonin Amanita blue lotus or anything can help.  If I’m needing to pee 8 x a night that has to be resolved first

I understand wanting to go with an expert!  But does he know benzo W/d?  ;):):thumbsup:

During my consultation we went into that and he said A LOT of his buyers and especially people wanting consultations are dealing with benzo wd so yeah he did seem fairly well versed. The reality is that in my particular case of having nocturnal polyuria.  AM doesn’t or can’t help with that. You can’t really get good sleep if you need to pee 8x a night.  Maybe if I get that under control it might but the only other solution is take something so powerful it makes me sleep through needing to pee and I wet the bed.  That’s not a good solution either.  So it’s prob why this isn’t working for me and there no way possible it will in my current situation. 

During my consultation we went into that and he said A LOT of his buyers and especially people wanting consultations are dealing with benzo wd so yeah he did seem fairly well versed. The reality is that in my particular case of having nocturnal polyuria.  AM doesn’t or can’t help with that. You can’t really get good sleep if you need to pee 8x a night.  Maybe if I get that under control it might but the only other solution is take something so powerful it makes me sleep through needing to pee and I wet the bed.  That’s not a good solution either.  So it’s prob why this isn’t working for me and there no way possible it will in my current situation.

Thanks for that clarification.  I'm so glad that the consultant is so well versed in benzo w/d.

And I hope that something works well for you soon

As with all of this benzo stuff it’s a domino effect where one thing affects another effects another.  They all are intertwined.  I’m still going to keep using the Amanita prob just have to switch to a Keto diet to keep my insulin and blood sugar down and limit my fluid. Stinks that we have to basically be scientists and endocrinologists to try to claw our way out of this misery.  I have a neurology appointment tomorrow which I really doubt will give me any new insight into what’s causing this head pain and pressure and prob tell me just like my pcp that the benzo can’t still be effecting me this far out at 16 months 🙄

As with all of this benzo stuff it’s a domino effect where one thing affects another effects another.  They all are intertwined.  I’m still going to keep using the Amanita prob just have to switch to a Keto diet to keep my insulin and blood sugar down and limit my fluid. Stinks that we have to basically be scientists and endocrinologists to try to claw our way out of this misery.  I have a neurology appointment tomorrow which I really doubt will give me any new insight into what’s causing this head pain and pressure and prob tell me just like my pcp that the benzo can’t still be effecting me this far out at 16 months 🙄

Yes it truly sucks that we need to do so much determining by ourselves and guard against unsound professional advice!  So little knowledge of how this stuff can effect us when its well out of the system, kind of like heavy metal poisoning....

Here's hoping that the head pressure can be relieved somehow.  perhaps the AM will helps in the inner healing that needs to occur....

I do believe it can help.  I’ll have to do some other work to limit how much urine my body wants to produce from the high insulin levels so maybe in time the two will work in synergy. I still plan to use it because honestly it felt kinda nice to have a little buzz last night lol.  It felt as if I had drank about 1 glass of wine or a beer. Nothing wrong with kicking back watching tv and relaxing.  Think i may also buy the 50/50 sun serum and see how that one feels during the day as well

I do believe it can help.  I’ll have to do some other work to limit how much urine my body wants to produce from the high insulin levels so maybe in time the two will work in synergy. I still plan to use it because honestly it felt kinda nice to have a little buzz last night lol.  It felt as if I had drank about 1 glass of wine or a beer. Nothing wrong with kicking back watching tv and relaxing.  Think i may also buy the 50/50 sun serum and see how that one feels during the day as well

I'll be interested in what that's like if you buy that.  Yes occasionally I get the lovely slightly trippy feeling when I close my eyes -- feels like a bit of a holiday  :laugh:

Have decided to keep to low dose for a while as I'm cycling with bad  withdrawal symptoms, lots of food sensitivities  and I don't  know which way is up at the moment at all regarding symptoms and flare ups if its jut the way it or or is it something I'm dong, probability just the way the withdrawal is going but am mentally fragile a lot worse some days than other so decided to play it safe. I took 10 drops yesterday was a bad day.

But felt no different to my bad days that I can remember the other thing is I'm still in a wave that keeps cycling daily or by the hour or even less so can't get a clear picture of anything. Also I'm not expecting an overnight miracle with the muscimol as others have said it took weeks then it was obvious it was a great help whereas before they thought it wasn't doing anything at all and were about to give up. Today I taken 4 drops a few hours apart 2 at a time and am leaving it at that dose for now, something's telling me it the right thing to do and I'm listening.

Nova  :smitten:

Did 15 drops last night and I’m still unsure what to think.  I did for the most part sleep through the night except for woke up once but I attribute that more to severely limiting fluid intake the last part of the day and limiting carbs and food past 5pm. So I made it the entire night without having to pee. I normally would think both the dietary changes and the Amanita would be responsible for that as it’s the first time in many months BUT I did wake up once and it was ONCE AGAIN two hours after I fell asleep.  Woke up wide awake 2 hours after I fell asleep this time did not even have to pee so I know it wasn’t because of urinary issues.  The Amanita just didn’t keep me asleep. It’s odd because I felt a slight buzz off the 12 drops the night before but nothing off 15 so wonder if what I was told was right that you do start growing tolerate.  Tonight I will try 20 drops doing the same dietary changes and see if I feel that buzz come back and if I sleep all the way through the night. While last night was an improvement I feel it’s more related to the dietary changes and not Amanita or I wouldn’t have woken up after 2 hours because that’s when AM should be at its most concentrated in my body.  Oh well I’ll keep experimenting 20 drops tonight and if that doesn’t work prob take a break from it

Although I will say I did have very little restless leg last night so will need repeated dosing before I’m convinced it was the AM but it appears it might have helped some as the dietary changes wouldn’t have affected that. Was just a bit disappointed I woke up again after 2 hours.

Did 15 drops last night and I’m still unsure what to think.  I did for the most part sleep through the night except for woke up once but I attribute that more to severely limiting fluid intake the last part of the day and limiting carbs and food past 5pm. So I made it the entire night without having to pee. I normally would think both the dietary changes and the Amanita would be responsible for that as it’s the first time in many months BUT I did wake up once and it was ONCE AGAIN two hours after I fell asleep.  Woke up wide awake 2 hours after I fell asleep this time did not even have to pee so I know it wasn’t because of urinary issues.  The Amanita just didn’t keep me asleep. It’s odd because I felt a slight buzz off the 12 drops the night before but nothing off 15 so wonder if what I was told was right that you do start growing tolerate.  Tonight I will try 20 drops doing the same dietary changes and see if I feel that buzz come back and if I sleep all the way through the night. While last night was an improvement I feel it’s more related to the dietary changes and not Amanita or I wouldn’t have woken up after 2 hours because that’s when AM should be at its most concentrated in my body.  Oh well I’ll keep experimenting 20 drops tonight and if that doesn’t work prob take a break from it

Although I will say I did have very little restless leg last night so will need repeated dosing before I’m convinced it was the AM but it appears it might have helped some as the dietary changes wouldn’t have affected that. Was just a bit disappointed I woke up again after 2 hours.

The experimenting we have to do with ourselves is a bit insane.  Woke up this morning with a very swollen face -- strawberries? w/d? some other allergy?

amanita? (tooK 3 drops yesterday)

your sleep was a bit better no? 

The experimenting we have to do with ourselves is a bit insane.  Woke up this morning with a very swollen face -- strawberries? w/d? some other allergy?

amanita? (tooK 3 drops yesterday)

your sleep was a bit better no?

I had very severe oedema for a long time in my feet when I was in unknown tolerance withdrawal also during tapering I also get it bad swelling around the eyes and I get lumps crop up on my face my body in my mouth anywhere and everywhere.

The oedema in my feet was so bad you could actually hear the water sloshing around and my feet were hanging over my shoes like  water filled balloons I had to lay with my feet up the wall or rather my legs for quite some time every day to get it back down.

I have had some very bizarre symptoms to nobody else has had but it was definitely withdrawal related as it went away on it's own eventually I had  massive haematomas  on my legs while I was in unknown tolerance withdrawal, and I won’t go into graphic detail about what happened to my vagina like I said I’ve had some very bizarre crap happened to me symptom wise which nobody else had but I’m sure many other people can say the same thing.

There is nothing surprises me anymore about what havoc these effing drug wrecks on everybody’s But regardless it’s still very scary when a new symptom Pops up or an old one gets worse or a long-standing symptom appears to not be going away.

Beside to a few possibilities as you have mentioned are you on any other medication at all if so have you checked the side-effects? and is your facial swelling in one area of your face in particular or your whole face?

Nova ❤️ 💛 ❤️

• Sad 1

I did sleep better.  It’s hard to tell what causes what.  Drinking less water throughout the day and eating carb free kept me from needing to pee all night which I’m sure helped.  I also just invested in a coop home goods adjustable pillow and it’s new to me (this week) and took some of the shredded memory foam out to make it thinner and adjust it. That prob helped also.  How much the Amanita helped im not sure.  I took 15 drops and still woke up after a hours and not needing to pee which kinda shocked me.  BUT I did notice I THINK my RLS was less last night than usual so I may just be getting into the dose that works for me.  After all my consult did say I should be using at least 1/2 cc (14 drops) to 1 cc (28 drops). So maybe when you’re a year post taper you need them higher Doseages.  Tonight I’m going to jump it up to 20 drops then I’ll prob take a 2-3 day break as suggested before going back to it

I did sleep better.  It’s hard to tell what causes what.  Drinking less water throughout the day and eating carb free kept me from needing to pee all night which I’m sure helped.  I also just invested in a coop home goods adjustable pillow and it’s new to me (this week) and took some of the shredded memory foam out to make it thinner and adjust it. That prob helped also.  How much the Amanita helped im not sure.  I took 15 drops and still woke up after a hours and not needing to pee which kinda shocked me.  BUT I did notice I THINK my RLS was less last night than usual so I may just be getting into the dose that works for me.  After all my consult did say I should be using at least 1/2 cc (14 drops) to 1 cc (28 drops). So maybe when you’re a year post taper you need them higher Doseages.  Tonight I’m going to jump it up to 20 drops then I’ll prob take a 2-3 day break as suggested before going back to it

Yes so hard to know all the factors involved in a good night's sleep.  I'm hoping that the AM helps with CNS issues that interfere with that for you.

14-28 drops!  Whoa I'd be flattened..... how sensitive we all are during this

20 drops all at once and still nothing lol.  Nothing good or bad though.  Was gonna take a break from it today but think I’ll do 25 tonight and take a couple days off.

20 drops all at once and still nothing lol.  Nothing good or bad though.  Was gonna take a break from it today but think I’ll do 25 tonight and take a couple days off.

wild how personal this whole thing is isn't it?

What is the proportional dose in grams for 20 drops? I have to take at least 1g to really feel the effects.

20 drops I believe from my math is 200mg with the “moon serum”. It’s 17 grams in the entire 60ml bottle or 283mg per each cc or ml if you divide 17000mg by 60.  Well I tried 4 or 5 times and it appears it’s approx 28 drops from the dropper for a full cc or ml.  So each drop is 10mg +\-  I did 20 last night so I’m guesstimating I took 200mg

And yes. SS is kinda wild how 2 drops will rev some people up but as benzoita said they would need approx 100 drops (to equal 1 gram) to feel anything

And yes. SS is kinda wild how 2 drops will rev some people up but as benzoita said they would need approx 100 drops (to equal 1 gram) to feel anything

Gradually increasing your dose is prudent anyway, but I think the 0.5-2g is the most beneficial range.