Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Has anyone tried Muscimol?

[Na...]

Well as I worried it might have been coincidental.  I took 5 drops last night and got crappy quality sleep.  I went from a 51 score to a 58 but it was very broken and I’m not as energetic today as I was.  I did however wake up to pee prob 6 times too ugh anyways it’s prob too premature for me to be making assumptions of if this will work for me or not.  In my consult he felt my dose would prob be 1/2 a cc to 1 cc. And I’m out here trying to take drops.  At 7 drops which I plan to take tonight will be 1/4cc so little by little I’m ramping up maybe once I see either a consistent benefit or negative I’ll update.  For now it just prob is I haven’t found my dose that works for me

JD,

FWIW I did find that more drops revved me up.  So perhaps the dose at 4 drops was right for your body? I know that's not "what its supposed to do" but.....

OK took 1 drop of CALM Mushroom Standardized Water-Based Extract ( EU one not the Calm sold in USA 2 different extract)

at 8am in 5mg  water took in doses of 0.4mg half hour apart for first 3  0.4mg doses , decided to drink the rest in one go, took  second raw drop on its own no water at 11am nothing to really report just yet just a normal crap day so far, ( I cycle usually hell day after a bearable few hours the day before  and yesterday was not too bad at all  for a few hours although still house bound  with non stop SXS the last few months so this is nothing unusual)  but this stuff can effect you up to 3 hours after tkaing it  it don't work like psilocybin so maybe later I may have another opinion.

We'll see, also most reports I read on microdosing this stuff say about it has to accumulate beofre it works properly therapeutically  if no change later I'll take 2  raw drops together or maybe 3 tomorrow AND...It can take weeks before it starts to heal too while accumulating and while trying to find your dose BUT...I've also read many people find a couple or few days when taking a break from dosing,it kicks in and does its magi then. we all need to find what will or won't work for us individually I think like I said it don't work like psilocybin.

Nova  :smitten:

Yep it's a VERY different medicine than psilocybin which works by inducing an immediate glutamate rush.

It did a take a few days for the AM to start working for me and as I hope I've said that results were very subtle -- other than being able to increase my taper speed and a general feeling of vitality returning.  That took a bit as well.  I can look through my journal to get my anecdotal time frame for this things.

:)

How do you use it topically ? Is it an oil infusion my pain is head pain and pressure but I shave my head so isn’t beneath me to smear it all over my head but I don’t think the tincture you drink would be the best way to do this ??? Or would it ???

I make my own balm by simmering dry caps for 2 hours under low pH and then add coconut oil and simmer until all water is gone (one more hour). Then I add beeswax and thats it.

Curious do you use citric acid ? And what ph do you use?  I considered doing that to make an oil mixture. Simmer for 20 mins then add coconut oil and bring ph to 2.9 with citric acid and simmer all the water out in hopes it would be left in the oil

Curious do you use citric acid ? And what ph do you use?  I considered doing that to make an oil mixture. Simmer for 20 mins then add coconut oil and bring ph to 2.9 with citric acid and simmer all the water out in hopes it would be left in the oil

Yes, I add 3-4 tablespoons of citric acid before starting the simmer. I measured pH the first few times I made the balm and it was ok (around 3-4), but I dont measure anymore. I simmer for at least 2 hours, but shorter periods also work. Last recipe I added aloe vera, shea butter and DMSO to increase absorption. My family and friends used it several times and they also say it works wonderfully for pain and general well-being.

DAY 2 21/4/2023

Bad day yesterday so can't really judge the first day on the drops ( took 2  3 hours part first in diluted in water 2nd plain drop) although I did sleep a lot  on and off but was in a lot of pain and that sometimes happens anyway, I think I pass out with the exhaustion of the pain, and  either can't sleep much or sleep a lot on and off , I then go back to sleep in a while its not solid refreshing  sleep

BUT...I have toxic sleep from hell  :D :D :D , and have had for year's now, too much sleep or a decent nights slept makes me feel  even worse for some reason whereas others say a good night means a good day next day wish that was the case for me, but grateful for what sleep I do get as I also get freaking insomnia that follows sleeping okish for a bit, and that is also hell on wheels as everyone who suffers with it knows being in agony mentally and physically plus no sleep really pushes your limitations and sanity.

Anyway back to the thread topic  ::) today's a bit better than yesterdays hell ,mornings are ALWAYS super hell, but I'll take it and be grateful its not still yesterday, I've taken 6 drops so far today,  2 at 8am 2 at 10.30am and 2 at 12.30am, so far not sure if I feel a little subtle something happening or if its my normal withdrawal rhythm  doing its own thing. 

As I've tried to find a set pattern like some people can find regarding waves and symptoms but there is no particular one apart from usually a day with a good few hours or a day of being hungry and eating loads or sleeping is more often than not ( and not is rarer than Chickens teeth  ::))  followed by  :D :D :D  of a day next day or back into a wave for an unknown amount of time.

The one worry I did have besides the obvious my  symptoms getting worse while already suffering is ending up with bad insomnia, and that why I don't take it at night as its too unpredictable besides being early days yet, then tomorrow if I'm OK then I'm going to take the full 10 drops possibly  spread out 50/50 as doses in the morning or if I feel it warrants it then just take the 10 drops one time .

One thing that did happen yesterday after waking up from dozing about 7pm  I had a bad headache, not unusual as I get them on waking  but this was another level but thanks be to God it eventually went away to a bearable stage then stopped,  whether its the drops or it just was I can't honestly say as I do get bad ones on waking on times with the rest if the toxic sleep hell symptoms but I also suffered form cluster headaches, their that bad if I had a gun I'd shoot myself .

That headache was bordering on that  BUT...it was  a CT then unbeknown tolerance withdrawal that started the bloody things of in the first place so I can't say either way what was what. Took me year's to realise that the CT was the start as I was still green about Benzos for many many year's @##%%^&*()**^%$#@! FORK IT!!!  :tickedoff:

EDIT TO AD THIS ABOUT YESTERDAY

Before I fell asleep I was lying down about 2.30pm and felt inclined to close me eyes wasn't tired just thought I should do it man!! it  was cool  :socool: I had trippy visuals that only lasted  short time but it was beautiful I also kept seeing the Aminita muscaria mushrooms  rows and rows brightly shining vividly in beautiful luminous ethereal colours so alive and vibrant, fields where the colours were so bright like nothing on earth and red roses raining  down plus other stuff , everything was so alive it was ethereal and beautiful .

That was just the 2 drops I didn't have lucid or vivid dreams nothing like that but do recall dreaming but I dream when I sleep and a LOT of stuff I'd rather forget then remember r it after waking up  :D I tried it today after r6 drops and nadda, no idea what may happen in the dream realm today but if anything is going to happen (If I get to sleep to start with) I hope its like the visuals were beautiful and ethereal not the usual shit I don't want to remember  dreaming about 

Nova  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Well my update is I’m up to 7 drops is what I took last night.  Still woke up after only being asleep for 2 hours and every 2 hours after.  So for me it appears 7 drops still doesn’t affect me.  Will prob do 10 drops tonight.  Part of my problem is that for whatever reason I wake up peeing allllll night long that’s part of the problem but when I woke ip last night went to bed at 930 woke up wide awake at 1130 I don’t even remember it being because I had to pee just that’s what I do now.  This isn’t new so I know this stuff isn’t revving me up.  I take it 2 hours before bed and don’t really feel anything and by 2 hours it’s full effect should kick in.  So even if I don’t have to pee I just now wake up after being asleep for 2 hours.  I also still have the residual effects of the akasthasia it’s more along the lines of restless leg syndrome.  I go to bed and can be so tired yet when I lay down my legs just wanna keep moving.  This also isn’t new. When I had the full blown akasthisia it was way worse so despite this being annoying it’s better than it was before.  I hope and think once I find “my dose” which is enough to calm me down but not make me trip I’m hoping that will settle down and I’ll stop waking up.  But I’ve also got to work on limiting my water and carbs maybe 5 hours before bed.  So update for now is zero side effect yet zero benefit on 7 drops for sleep

People seem to be taking a lot more than I've been able to. Not sure if they're different strengths, but I don't think I could do 7 drops without knowing about it. Maybe you could try making your own teas?

Well my next purchase will either be hgh or valasta both are expensive.  I’ve tried all the cheap stuff I think could work and unfortunately not found anything yet.  The hgh is also on the expensive side just trying to figure out which way to go

DAY 2 21/4/2023

Bad day yesterday so can't really judge the first day on the drops ( took 2  3 hours part first in diluted in water 2nd plain drop) although I did sleep a lot  on and off but was in a lot of pain and that sometimes happens anyway, I think I pass out with the exhaustion of the pain, and  either can't sleep much or sleep a lot on and off , I then go back to sleep in a while its not solid refreshing  sleep

BUT...I have toxic sleep from hell  :D :D :D , and have had for year's now, too much sleep or a decent nights slept makes me feel  even worse for some reason whereas others say a good night means a good day next day wish that was the case for me, but grateful for what sleep I do get as I also get freaking insomnia that follows sleeping okish for a bit, and that is also hell on wheels as everyone who suffers with it knows being in agony mentally and physically plus no sleep really pushes your limitations and sanity.

Anyway back to the thread topic  ::) today's a bit better than yesterdays hell ,mornings are ALWAYS super hell, but I'll take it and be grateful its not still yesterday, I've taken 6 drops so far today,  2 at 8am 2 at 10.30am and 2 at 12.30am, so far not sure if I feel a little subtle something happening or if its my normal withdrawal rhythm  doing its own thing. 

As I've tried to find a set pattern like some people can find regarding waves and symptoms but there is no particular one apart from usually a day with a good few hours or a day of being hungry and eating loads or sleeping is more often than not ( and not is rarer than Chickens teeth  ::))  followed by  :D :D :D  of a day next day or back into a wave for an unknown amount of time.

The one worry I did have besides the obvious my  symptoms getting worse while already suffering is ending up with bad insomnia, and that why I don't take it at night as its too unpredictable besides being early days yet, then tomorrow if I'm OK then I'm going to take the full 10 drops possibly  spread out 50/50 as doses in the morning or if I feel it warrants it then just take the 10 drops one time .

One thing that did happen yesterday after waking up from dozing about 7pm  I had a bad headache, not unusual as I get them on waking  but this was another level but thanks be to God it eventually went away to a bearable stage then stopped,  whether its the drops or it just was I can't honestly say as I do get bad ones on waking on times with the rest if the toxic sleep hell symptoms but I also suffered form cluster headaches, their that bad if I had a gun I'd shoot myself .

That headache was bordering on that  BUT...it was  a CT then unbeknown tolerance withdrawal that started the bloody things of in the first place so I can't say either way what was what. Took me year's to realise that the CT was the start as I was still green about Benzos for many many year's @##%%^&*()**^%$#@! FORK IT!!!  :tickedoff:

EDIT TO AD THIS ABOUT YESTERDAY

Before I fell asleep I was lying down about 2.30pm and felt inclined to close me eyes wasn't tired just thought I should do it man!! it  was cool  :socool: I had trippy visuals that only lasted  short time but it was beautiful I also kept seeing the Aminita muscaria mushrooms  rows and rows brightly shining vividly in beautiful luminous ethereal colours so alive and vibrant, fields where the colours were so bright like nothing on earth and red roses raining  down plus other stuff , everything was so alive it was ethereal and beautiful .

That was just the 2 drops I didn't have lucid or vivid dreams nothing like that but do recall dreaming but I dream when I sleep and a LOT of stuff I'd rather forget then remember r it after waking up  :D I tried it today after r6 drops and nadda, no idea what may happen in the dream realm today but if anything is going to happen (If I get to sleep to start with) I hope its like the visuals were beautiful and ethereal not the usual shit I don't want to remember  dreaming about 

Nova  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

So much in this post!  It appears it Might be helping a tad, but early days to see what it could do.  I have a dentist appointment etc today soothes reply is short

Thanks you for this update Nova!

Yes the trippy moments are fun and somehow hope filled

:)

Well my update is I’m up to 7 drops is what I took last night.  Still woke up after only being asleep for 2 hours and every 2 hours after.  So for me it appears 7 drops still doesn’t affect me.  Will prob do 10 drops tonight.  Part of my problem is that for whatever reason I wake up peeing allllll night long that’s part of the problem but when I woke ip last night went to bed at 930 woke up wide awake at 1130 I don’t even remember it being because I had to pee just that’s what I do now.  This isn’t new so I know this stuff isn’t revving me up.  I take it 2 hours before bed and don’t really feel anything and by 2 hours it’s full effect should kick in.  So even if I don’t have to pee I just now wake up after being asleep for 2 hours.  I also still have the residual effects of the akasthasia it’s more along the lines of restless leg syndrome.  I go to bed and can be so tired yet when I lay down my legs just wanna keep moving.  This also isn’t new. When I had the full blown akasthisia it was way worse so despite this being annoying it’s better than it was before.  I hope and think once I find “my dose” which is enough to calm me down but not make me trip I’m hoping that will settle down and I’ll stop waking up.  But I’ve also got to work on limiting my water and carbs maybe 5 hours before bed.  So update for now is zero side effect yet zero benefit on 7 drops for sleep

About the RLS I’ve got a weighted pouch which is like a weighted blanket Only a lot smaller and I think it weighs about a kilo,. when my RLS kicks off I lay it across my feet I push my toes forward and then lay the pouch across the top  my feet if you understand what I’m saying and it really helps sometimes I only get it on the one side most of the time both.

another thing I found it helps and it’s an old remedy and no one knows how or why it works even some hospitals use it is a put a bar of soap in the bottom of the bed where are you feet are.

Some  People said they put a bar of soap in socks and put the socks on but what I found worked for me was to wet the soap and rub the soap on the bottom half of my legs on the calf and on my feet and that helps couldn’t tell you why it’s a mystery but that weighted pouch is a godsend that is a great help.

You  can buy them but I got mine for free one I bought a 15lb  weighted blanket but I cannot use a blanket because I am so hyper sensitive I can’t bear the bedsheet on me so my beautiful weighted blanket is stuck in a trash bag out the way.

Nova 💜❤️💛

I'm so sorry this isn't working for you -- and like Having a Mare says below-- there's no way I could take 7 drops, I'd be in full blown Merry Melodies land.

I do wonder about microdosing as a way to get benefits without asking the medicine to be a PRN for sleep.  I know I know what works for me works for me -- and we're all different.

I just wish it was helpful for you.

It prob will be in time.  7 drops just isn’t enough for me.  You’re still tapering and in that transition where you are ultra sensitive to everything where I’m on the other end of the spectrum and nearing protracted status so I could prob drink half the bottle and not notice anything.  And besides even if it was working I’m not sure I’d notice it with my peeing all night long because even if it does calm me down short of putting me in a coma and me peeing the bed lol I’m still gonna wake up often I’ll keep bumping up dosages until it either works or I start peeing the bed lol

People seem to be taking a lot more than I've been able to. Not sure if they're different strengths, but I don't think I could do 7 drops without knowing about it. Maybe you could try making your own teas?

It's the same for me -- I was getting a bit hypomanic on 4 drops, only did that for a few days -- and it was definitely interfering with sleep.  But my 2 drop regimen really helps with w/d sxs and I continue to taper at the thrilling and breakneck speed of about 5% a month  :laugh:.

I'm taking a couple of days off as recommended by many people -- but I don't want to.

How do you use this Mare?

It prob will be in time.  7 drops just isn’t enough for me.  You’re still tapering and in that transition where you are ultra sensitive to everything where I’m on the other end of the spectrum and nearing protracted status so I could prob drink half the bottle and not notice anything.  And besides even if it was working I’m not sure I’d notice it with my peeing all night long because even if it does calm me down short of putting me in a coma and me peeing the bed lol I’m still gonna wake up often I’ll keep bumping up dosages until it either works or I start peeing the bed lol

Well here's hoping it doesn't come to Depends!  Although for sleep I'd do most anything  :-\

How long have you been off?

I’ve been off since dec 8 2021 so nearing 17 months.  Most all symptoms are gone with the exception of head pressure and pain and dizzyness being the top 3 that’s left that are the worst.  Still have some others but it’s like tinnitus some mild rls/remnants of aka  But the pain pressure and dizziness are my top 3 left. Makes it hard for me to drive like that

seriously hang on in there I spoke to lots of other people who were post Benzo some longer than you are  and they said it took a few weeks 2 or do more weeks and they thought it wasn’t doing nothing

And when iit Eventually kicks in it was amazing and now they’ve got to use very small doses  some dose once a week somebody else said they only Do it  once a month and a very tiny microdose of a couple of drops and it feels like they’ve done 10 grams that’s how powerful this is when it starts to work but we  must have patience.  😊

Lots of them said they don’t need it anymore because they’re healed but they like to do it so casually for meditation purposes or just to take their selves out there now and again maybe once a month maybe once or twice a year. so far I felt the two drops yesterday more than six drops today..

But  later on it could become something else or even when I wake up tomorrow I don’t know what the possibilities are but nothing is impossible  and this is unpredictable and  I will say it again it is not like psilocybin this is a whole different ball game this is a teacher and it’s a healer.  🍄

Nova ❤️💛❤️

I actually got the bottle of calm in the mail yesterday as well but honestly not sure I will use it.  I still don’t really know how many grams the bottle contains or any dosage information

I actually got the bottle of calm in the mail yesterday as well but honestly not sure I will use it.  I still don’t really know how many grams the bottle contains or any dosage information

Speak to the vendor on Reddit if you want more information using the chat on there  I’ve posted his details so few pages back  couple of days ago 😊 They are also on the trusted vendors list but it’s  easier and quicker to contact them in chat on Reddit they are very helpful I have found them very amicable.

Nova ❤️ 💜 ❤️

The Canadian company Calm?

I’ve been off since dec 8 2021 so nearing 17 months.  Most all symptoms are gone with the exception of head pressure and pain and dizzyness being the top 3 that’s left that are the worst.  Still have some others but it’s like tinnitus some mild rls/remnants of aka  But the pain pressure and dizziness are my top 3 left. Makes it hard for me to drive like that

I often read that the 2 year mark is a game changer.  And that things continue to improve up till then.  I hope that it is true for you.

Not be able to drive is a drag and a real impediment to life!  I think you have a family, work etc: as Zorba said "The Full Catastrophe"

I take amanita as it researched that it heals GABA receptors - the reason I microdose....

No the calm bottle I have is the other one (not from Canada) but for now and I’ll prob stick with awakening roots.  It’s cheap she spells out every single step and ingredient she uses Doseages even tells what degrees and what ph she simmers it at. Hell she basically gives you the recipe to make it exactly how she does if you choose to.  Can’t get much more transparent than that so I really think I’ll stick with her product.  So far I’m up to 7 drops on her moon serum going to try 10 drops (100mg) tonight

No the calm bottle I have is the other one (not from Canada) but for now and I’ll prob stick with awakening roots.  It’s cheap she spells out every single step and ingredient she uses Doseages even tells what degrees and what ph she simmers it at. Hell she basically gives you the recipe to make it exactly how she does if you choose to.  Can’t get much more transparent than that so I really think I’ll stick with her product.  So far I’m up to 7 drops on her moon serum going to try 10 drops (100mg) tonight

Oh Yes I'm a big fan of her and her product.  The Calm (from Canada) that I bought sits unused in my fridge -- too many unknowns in that.

Hope that you sleep like a baby tonight

It's the same for me -- I was getting a bit hypomanic on 4 drops, only did that for a few days -- and it was definitely interfering with sleep.  But my 2 drop regimen really helps with w/d sxs and I continue to taper at the thrilling and breakneck speed of about 5% a month  :laugh:.

I'm taking a couple of days off as recommended by many people -- but I don't want to.

How do you use this Mare?

I've only taken it a few times. 2 drops the 1st which was too much and I've taken 1 drop a couple of times. I'm not sure about it to be honest. But will probably keep taking the occasional drop