Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Has anyone tried Muscimol?

[Na...]

Hi SufferingSixty.

I think I'm going to give the Fully Decarbed Amanita Muscaria: Moon Serum a try. Thanks so much for all your info! I'm just above 3 mgs of diazepam myself and am getting hit pretty hard. Obviously, I will start out with the lowest possible dose and work my way up. I'll be patient for once!

Read some stuff on muscimol as well.  As it is a mushroom there is a kind of paradoxical thing that can happen -- and it has been true for me- that once there is enough in the system or whatever, lower doses are more helpful.  I now find that one drop works as well as two drops used to.  :idiot:

I like the woman at AwakeningRoots as she seems to be very committed to the quality of her product.

I do so hope this helps folks as much as it has helped me!

And on we go trudging towards the end of this ordeal....  :D

Suffering sixty just curious if you can tell me / us what symptoms does it take away or lessen for you ? Like what exact signs of improvement have you seen?

Read some stuff on muscimol as well.  As it is a mushroom there is a kind of paradoxical thing that can happen -- and it has been true for me- that once there is enough in the system or whatever, lower doses are more helpful.  I now find that one drop works as well as two drops used to.  :idiot:

I like the woman at AwakeningRoots as she seems to be very committed to the quality of her product.

Thank you! I will read up. So right now you are using one drop of Moon Serum per day?

Suffering sixty just curious if you can tell me / us what symptoms does it take away or lessen for you ? Like what exact signs of improvement have you seen?

I'd say that there's a certain "vitality" that has returned, not just less fatigue but a vitality.  Friends have said "hey you're back"  a humour and hope is there that was pretty snuffed out after years of tapering.

Also when I was cutting about 2.5% a month I would still get wicked interdose w/d ( yes I know on Valium?  Yep!)  Those interdose sxs were/are headache, chest pressure, cog fog, fatigue, and a general feeling of malaise, increased bp, increased heart rate, and exercise intolerance to name a few  :crazy::laugh:

I am now cutting about 5% a month (woot!!) and the interdose sxs, while still around some days, are bearable most other days.  And yes I have to dose 3X a day during the day to keep them completely at bay.  Does that make sense scientifically -- absolutely not!  but I know what I know about this beaten up body, and I'm listening to it.

So I've increased my cutting speed about 120% with a slight uptick in the above sxs sometimes.  I was able to come off this last 1 mg of Valium in much less time than the last 1 mg.  And I'll see what happens next as I decide how to taper this remaining bit.

Just fyi I do a combo pills and homemade brew (which appears to have gone out of fashion on these boards -- and I throw nothing out daily)  The majority of my med is in dry form.

Best wishes to all of us!

• Like 1

Thank you! I will read up. So right now you are using one drop of Moon Serum per day?

I had been taking 2 drops, but found it revving me up a bit much.  I held for two days - no serum- and today have taken one drop.  Feeling mighty spritely so that might have been a premature return.  This is a common experience I have read.  We need less as the medicine gets into our bodies.

Nova did you say you have a roll on bottle of AM. ? Where would I find that ? Hell I’ll roll it on my head to see if it will help the head pressure and pain. I already shave my head as is and would try a topical if it works

I had been taking 2 drops, but found it revving me up a bit much.  I held for two days - no serum- and today have taken one drop.  Feeling mighty spritely so that might have been a premature return.  This is a common experience I have read.  We need less as the medicine gets into our bodies.

Yep!!  :thumbsup: I seen that a LOT,  and I've read more than I want to on this stuff just to make sure I don't get blind sided, people need to know it can open you up emotionally too, but that's all part of healing, we're not just a 'body' healing that is only one part , overall healing involves emotionally spiritually as well as physiologically and physically all of that is what makes us human not just our physical being.

Nova  :smitten:

I have the exact same bottle on the way nova.    Just curious what is going to be your dosing protocol a couple drops or the full 0.5ml sublingual daily every other day etc etc ???

Hi JD Going to do 0.5 which is only ONE drop per day as the full dose of 10 drops equals 5mg,  as for whether daily or every other day etc  I don't know until I get it and how I'm going to feel, I may even cycle on and off like 3 days on 2 days off I don't know. Once its here and I try it out then I can make that decision  :)

I noticed not being able to tell how much is in the liquid

REPLY I GOT FROM VENDOR ABOUT CONTENT OF 'CALM WATER EXTRACT'

Content 43 mg.  100 mg contains 1.45 mg of muscimol.  The recommended dose of 10 drops is 4-5 mg of muscimol.  It is necessary to take under the tongue and hold for 1-2 minutes, then swallow.  Quickly relieves anxiety, helps with withdrawal.

So 1 drop will be = to .5mg

OTHER QUESTIONS I ASKED

Thanks :) And can the drops be put in spring water to take a smaller  amount than .5mg , about 0.25milligrams  or even 0.125 milligrams without losing their strength? If yes,  is it possible store the rest of the watered down .5mg so it don't lose its strength? And how do I store it?

REPLY I GOT FROM VENDOR TO ABOVE QUESTION

Store the extract in a dark, cool place. You can dilute the extract with water if you like. But we recommend taking it sublingually because this method allows for rapid bioavailability.  With the sublingual method, active substances quickly enter the brain without using the gastrointestinal tract.  Muscimol as an agonist mimics the action of GABA molecules and easily crosses the blood-brain barrier.  You can use the transdermal method, apply to the skin. The extract is good for skin diseases.

Product_2.jpeg 

Nova  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Just to be clear I was talking about the other CALM from psych wellness.  ;)  The tinctures from other suppliers are pretty easily determined although I sure wouldn't start at such a high dosage as is recommended.

:)

There are some conflicting opinions on this product here:

I prepare my own tea and balm. There is a lot of info in amanitadreamer.net

they will always be confliction and opinions over everything and anything take a look around this forum for one.😀 The problem with rdoing your own IB  acid which needs to be taken out which is a problem as it’s glutamate basically and it’s also a pain in the arse to do it yourself at home.

yes it can be done with a lot of hard work when you’re fucked up on the benzos and even if  your not. but to do it properly not just What’s on Reddit but the way the scientist and pharmacologist do it is a totally different scenario altogether and besides that if you look around on that sub Reddit there is a lot of yay and  nay  about everything to do with this  and it can get confusing and headbanging on there regardless I’ve spoken to a lot of people who do research and they said it’s okay .

and I’ve also spoken for the last few days to the vendor and the people in the lab that work with the vendor and they are very well informed I am more than happy to try this product  I am more scared of supplements because you never know what the hell is in them because they are not regulated  either.

Nova ❤️

No worries. I am a scientist myself and have studied a lot about AM. In my experience, full decarbed was not the best option. Partially decarbed was amazing. There are many similar experiences on reddit and elsewhere. Hope we all find the best options and healing!

B

Sufferingsixty.  One thing I don’t understand is how if it’s fully decarb how can the extra drops make you more revved up.  If it has no ibotenic acid in it and you take too much wouldn’t it just sedate more ????

Content 43 mg.  100 mg contains 1.45 mg of muscimol.  The recommended dose of 10 drops is 4-5 mg of muscimol.  It is necessary to take under the tongue and hold for 1-2 minutes, then swallow.  Quickly relieves anxiety, helps with withdrawal.

OTHER QUESTIONS I ASKED

Thanks :) And can the drops be put in spring water to take a smaller  amount than .5mg , about 0.25milligrams  or even 0.125 milligrams without losing their strength? If yes,  is it possible store the rest of the watered down .5mg so it don't lose its strength? And how do I store it?

Store the extract in a dark, cool place. You can dilute the extract with water if you like. But we recommend taking it sublingually because this method allows for rapid bioavailability.  With the sublingual method, active substances quickly enter the brain without using the gastrointestinal tract.  Muscimol as an agonist mimics the action of GABA molecules and easily crosses the blood-brain barrier.  You can use the transdermal method, apply to the skin. The extract is good for skin diseases.

Product_2.jpeg 

Just to be clear I was talking about the other CALM from psych wellness.  ;)  The tinctures from other suppliers are pretty easily determined although I sure wouldn't start at such a high dosage as is recommended.

they will always be confliction and opinions over everything and anything take a look around this forum for one.😀 The problem with rdoing your own IB  acid which needs to be taken out which is a problem as it’s glutamate basically and it’s also a pain in the arse to do it yourself at home.

yes it can be done with a lot of hard work when you’re fucked up on the benzos and even if  your not. but to do it properly not just What’s on Reddit but the way the scientist and pharmacologist do it is a totally different scenario altogether and besides that if you look around on that sub Reddit there is a lot of yay and  nay  about everything to do with this  and it can get confusing and headbanging on there regardless I’ve spoken to a lot of people who do research and they said it’s okay .

and I’ve also spoken for the last few days to the vendor and the people in the lab that work with the vendor and they are very well informed I am more than happy to try this product  I am more scared of supplements because you never know what the hell is in them because they are not regulated  either.

Nova ❤️

No worries. I am a scientist myself and have studied a lot about AM. In my experience, full decarbed was not the best option. Partially decarbed was amazing. There are many similar experiences on reddit and elsewhere. Hope we all find the best options and healing!

B

Aloha Benzoito  ;D I was just popping to to remark about that as an after thought that Partially decarbed has worked wonders for others in withdrawal,  and I'm going to N1 myself  as in N of 1 trial/experiment in which a single patient is the entire trial, a single case study, by trying both but am going to start with the fully decarbed as just the oil effected me when trying is as a roll-on for pain, and I realised its not fully decarbed,

It didn't stop the pain BUT its helped, and it HAD it be the oil as it began a bit of time after applying the oil and I been stuck with it for 6 months  with something else, also  I couldn't think of the word to describe it at the time, but there seems to be 'stages'' I found that at 30 mins I felt one way, 2 hours later another subtle but noticeable change then a few hours later another one .

But I now know the ''word'' and its I was feeling 'disassociated'  which I found  interesting and not at all scary or worrying, and when I looked it up Amanita muscaria mushroom can be  dissociate, but it can be many many things, and back to the N1 thing, before I knew where to get fully decerb I orders the powdered mushroom for convince as I didn't want to inhaling unknown amounts when crushing dry full caps .

Being 'Benzo brained' I also forgotten that when I first read about  Amanita muscaria mushroom, I ordered the full caps anyway :laugh: but they ain't here yet,when I renumbered I began to get paranoid  about inhaling an unknown dose while crushing and getting fkd up, so ordered the powder and that came this morning  ::)

Then I found the decrab liquids and ordered the Calm in the green bottle and the one especially for micro dosing which I also posted on here pages back plus a list of trusted vendors https://ko-fi.com/post/Vendor-list-H2H8HF7ZT

I DO WISH PEOPLE WOULD READ THE WHOLE THREAD SOMETIMES NOT JUST THE LAST 1 OR  2 POSTS ...  BUT I GET IT SO NO WUCKING FURRIES!  :laugh: :laugh::laugh:  Anyhoo, I am gong to star with the Green 'Clam'' fully de carb, if that works fine then I'm not going to rock the boat for quite some time, later on I will try the partially decarb BUT...if no joy in a month then I will consider the partially decarb, wel not considering will try it as you may need to keep trying until one hits the spot BUT...you have to give the 1st one a good try.I cannot wait for the fully decarbded to show up!!!  But its going to take at least 2 weeks to get here I will be chuffed if it comes earlier

Sufferingsixty.  One thing I don’t understand is how if it’s fully decarb how can the extra drops make you more revved up.  If it has no ibotenic acid in it and you take too much wouldn’t it just sedate more ????

JD lower dose tend to be more sedating, but higher ones can be very motivating and energising in a good way,  don't get freaking out about getting revved up before you try it, there's 3  possibilities A SS was going to get revved up no matter what B possibly the dose was higher than needed once SS dropped it down they were fine C many peole report that they hit a better baseline or a good widow after getting revved up. 

Also ''healing'' feels like its a bad thing , and very often feels like things are getting worse but its totally the polar opposite.  :) Try not to overthink it and try it on a day when your not working, if I was able to work that what I would do on my first go do it on a day off then continue from there  :)

Nova just curious but where did you get the roll on if they ship to the us id definitely be interested in trying it

Nova just curious but where did you get the roll on if they ship to the us id definitely be interested in trying it

Unfortunately they don't its UK only, but look on the list of Vendors I posted you can get the same oil in USA, its in olive oil.

I tried it about a year ago. Sent me into acute for 24 hours. But might try it again now I'm not so sensitive

OTHER QUESTIONS I ASKED

Product_2.jpeg 

Nova ❤️

B

Aloha Benzoito  ;D I was just popping to to remark about that as an after thought that Partially decarbed has worked wonders for others in withdrawal,  and I'm going to N1 myself  as in N of 1 trial/experiment in which a single patient is the entire trial, a single case study, by trying both but am going to start with the fully decarbed as just the oil effected me when trying is as a roll-on for pain, and I realised its not fully decarbed,

It didn't stop the pain BUT its helped, and it HAD it be the oil as it began a bit of time after applying the oil and I been stuck with it for 6 months  with something else, also  I couldn't think of the word to describe it at the time, but there seems to be 'stages'' I found that at 30 mins I felt one way, 2 hours later another subtle but noticeable change then a few hours later another one .

But I now know the ''word'' and its I was feeling 'disassociated'  which I found  interesting and not at all scary or worrying, and when I looked it up Amanita muscaria mushroom can be  dissociate, but it can be many many things, and back to the N1 thing, before I knew where to get fully decerb I orders the powdered mushroom for convince as I didn't want to inhaling unknown amounts when crushing dry full caps .

Being 'Benzo brained' I also forgotten that when I first read about  Amanita muscaria mushroom, I ordered the full caps anyway :laugh: but they ain't here yet,when I renumbered I began to get paranoid  about inhaling an unknown dose while crushing and getting fkd up, so ordered the powder and that came this morning  ::)

Then I found the decrab liquids and ordered the Calm in the green bottle and the one especially for micro dosing which I also posted on here pages back plus a list of trusted vendors https://ko-fi.com/post/Vendor-list-H2H8HF7ZT

I DO WISH PEOPLE WOULD READ THE WHOLE THREAD SOMETIMES NOT JUST THE LAST 1 OR  2 POSTS ...  BUT I GET IT SO NO WUCKING FURRIES!  :laugh: :laugh::laugh:  Anyhoo, I am gong to star with the Green 'Clam'' fully de carb, if that works fine then I'm not going to rock the boat for quite some time, later on I will try the partially decarb BUT...if no joy in a month then I will consider the partially decarb, wel not considering will try it as you may need to keep trying until one hits the spot BUT...you have to give the 1st one a good try.I cannot wait for the fully decarbded to show up!!!  But its going to take at least 2 weeks to get here I will be chuffed if it comes earlier

Thanks for the summary of your strategy. Seems very efficient for me. I also started by making a full decarbed tea (3 h simmer with low pH) and started to experience with less decarbed from there. Honestly, full decarbed made me feel odd. Nowadays, the best option, for me, is to make a tea by 20-30 min boiling with some lemon and that is it. Because Ibotenic acid works similarly to glutamate, I suspect the "too much glutamate" hypothesis is flawed. I also microdose psychedelics, and they ate known to increase glutamate and cortisol in the first hours after ingestion, and I feel much better with them (less fatigue, more energy). You are right about the different moments after dosing AM. The most accepted explanation is that you will feel first the effects fro Ibotenic acid (energizing) and gradually feel more relaxation while ibo is converted to muscimol. But that does not apply tp full decarbed products. It amazes me that a mushroom has substances that are similar to our two neurotransmitters, and that these substances converte to one another, just like what happens in our brains.

This is a medicine that has many properties, and as Nova said above it opens one up emotionally and on a psychic realm.  Not wanting to sound too woo woo here but that is my experience.  While there is no ibotenic acid the muscimol can do much physically.  Working with the GABA receptors, and with benzo w/d is often paradoxical as we all have read about I'm guessing.

Benzoito!

just wondering if you get a glutamate hit from either that psylocibin or amanita that is not fully decarbed.  My reason for using the fully decarbed was that I am super duper sensitive to glutamate.  Nope no tomatoes!  Nope no walnuts either thanks!

And did you micro dose the amanita whilst you were still tapering?

I see you are off completely -- Congrats  :thumbsup: !!

Benzoito!

just wondering if you get a glutamate hit from either that psylocibin or amanita that is not fully decarbed.  My reason for using the fully decarbed was that I am super duper sensitive to glutamate.  Nope no tomatoes!  Nope no walnuts either thanks!

Hi SufferingSixty

Yes, I feel more energetic, in a good way, after microdosing shrooms. I started using them only at 1 year off benzos. I am now 30+ months off and mostly healed. During taper and soon after my jump, any increase in glutamate would make me feel worse. But I suspect that with time, after getting off benzos, our HPA axis became exausted due to overestimation thus leading to adrenal fatigue. Only my hypothesis.

XXX

Benzoito!

Hi SufferingSixty

Yes, I feel more energetic, in a good way, after microdosing shrooms. I started using them only at 1 year off benzos. I am now 30+ months off and mostly healed. During taper and soon after my jump, any increase in glutamate would make me feel worse. But I suspect that with time, after getting off benzos, our HPA axis became exausted due to overestimation thus leading to adrenal fatigue. Only my hypothesis.

XXX

Yes as I suspected shrooms whilst continuing to taper are going to hinder things with the uptick in glutamate.  I've a ways to go

thanks for this info  :thumbsup:

Benzoito!

Hi SufferingSixty

XXX

Yes as I suspected shrooms whilst continuing to taper are going to hinder things with the uptick in glutamate.  I've a ways to go

which mushrooms SS The partially Decarb ones not the fully? Are you concerned about using them whilst tapering new or just wanted to check about the IBO acid? I’ve spoken to people now both sides of the fence as using them for Benzo withdrawal is some people said fully others people said partially so basically we’ve got to try and find what works for us personally haven’t we?😊

That’s what I said in a post a few posts back I did  if one doesn’t work then I’m going to try the other one but I am going to give the first one a good try first at least a month or longer

Nova ❤️

Benzoito!

Hi Nova,

I was responding to BZ who said they were taking psilocybin shrooms.  They are known, one of the properties of traditional psychedelics is that they start with a glutamate surge.  I was wondering if they were taking them while in W/d.

The answer is NO!  taking them almost 30 months off.

Amanita has very different properties from magic mushrooms in that it DOES NOT cause a glutamate sure.  That's the only reason I considered them.

:thumbsup:

SS

Hi SufferingSixty

XXX

which mushrooms SS The partially Decarb ones not the fully? Are you concerned about using them whilst tapering new or just wanted to check about the IBO acid? I’ve spoken to people now both sides of the fence as using them for Benzo withdrawal is some people said fully others people said partially so basically we’ve got to try and find what works for us personally haven’t we?😊

That’s what I said in a post a few posts back I did  if one doesn’t work then I’m going to try the other one but I am going to give the first one a good try first at least a month or longer

Nova ❤️

Benzoito!

Hi SufferingSixty

XXX

Nova ❤️

Me again,

The buddy who was using partially decarbed is no longer tapering-- is completely off and has been for 30 months.  I think our situation is very different while still still tapering.  I stick with my fully decarbed to not ingest any ibotenic acid.

:thumbsup::)

SS