Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Has anyone tried Muscimol?

[Na...]

Benzoito!

just wondering if you get a glutamate hit from either that psylocibin or amanita that is not fully decarbed.  My reason for using the fully decarbed was that I am super duper sensitive to glutamate.  Nope no tomatoes!  Nope no walnuts either thanks!

And did you micro dose the amanita whilst you were still tapering?

I see you are off completely -- Congrats  :thumbsup: !!

Hi SufferingSixty

Yes, I feel more energetic, in a good way, after microdosing shrooms. I started using them only at 1 year off benzos. I am now 30+ months off and mostly healed. During taper and soon after my jump, any increase in glutamate would make me feel worse. But I suspect that with time, after getting off benzos, our HPA axis became exausted due to overestimation thus leading to adrenal fatigue. Only my hypothesis.

XXX

Yes as I suspected shrooms whilst continuing to taper are going to hinder things with the uptick in glutamate.  I've a ways to go

thanks for this info  :thumbsup:

which mushrooms SS The partially Decarb ones not the fully? Are you concerned about using them whilst tapering new or just wanted to check about the IBO acid? I’ve spoken to people now both sides of the fence as using them for Benzo withdrawal is some people said fully others people said partially so basically we’ve got to try and find what works for us personally haven’t we?😊

That’s what I said in a post a few posts back I did  if one doesn’t work then I’m going to try the other one but I am going to give the first one a good try first at least a month or longer

Nova ❤️

Me again,

The buddy who was using partially decarbed is no longer tapering-- is completely off and has been for 30 months.  I think our situation is very different while still still tapering.  I stick with my fully decarbed to not ingest any ibotenic acid.

:thumbsup::)

SS

Gotcha'  ;D

r''''Nope no tomatoes!  Nope no walnuts either
  Same here,  :thumbsup:  no nuts  :( and a mega list of other stuff including all nightshades 

Nova  :smitten:

Me again,

The buddy who was using partially decarbed is no longer tapering-- is completely off and has been for 30 months.  I think our situation is very different while still still tapering.  I stick with my fully decarbed to not ingest any ibotenic acid.

:thumbsup::)

SS

Do you cycle the drops or do you take them daily and what time of day do you take them and before or after food or just anytime at al regardless?

Nova question : ok so ever since this thread was brought up I’ve been looking into AM and now I’m confused the bottle of calm muscimol you ordered well I ordered the same bottle but I’m wondering if that was a good idea.  From what I’m gathering everyone extracts the ibotenic acids or muscimol with water. Everyone seems to dehydrate them to the point they are “cracker dry” then boil or simmer them to extract the compounds into the water and convert more into muscimol than ibo. Depending upon the ratio of how much muscimol or ibo they want is their process but no one is using alcohol to extract.  The alcohol is added to the FINISHED product to keep it from spoiling because aparently the “brew” is only good for about a week even in the fridge so yeah it’s good on one hand that this bottle of “calm” has no alcohol in it but is it ? Will we be getting an inactivated “spoiled “ bottle of brew ????

Nova question : ok so ever since this thread was brought up I’ve been looking into AM and now I’m confused the bottle of calm muscimol you ordered well I ordered the same bottle but I’m wondering if that was a good idea.  From what I’m gathering everyone extracts the ibotenic acids or muscimol with water. Everyone seems to dehydrate them to the point they are “cracker dry” then boil or simmer them to extract the compounds into the water and convert more into muscimol than ibo. Depending upon the ratio of how much muscimol or ibo they want is their process but no one is using alcohol to extract.  The alcohol is added to the FINISHED product to keep it from spoiling because aparently the “brew” is only good for about a week even in the fridge so yeah it’s good on one hand that this bottle of “calm” has no alcohol in it but is it ? Will we be getting an inactivated “spoiled “ bottle of brew ????

Nope! this is just one of many reviews and lots of other people have also testified that its powerful 

Screenshot_2023-04-10_at_09-28-11_r_AmanitaMuscaria_-_Basics_of_Alkaloid_Transfer_and_Decarboxylation_Debunking_the_30_30_30_90_Conversion_Method.png

Screenshot_2023-04-10_at_09-33-59_r_AmanitaMuscaria_-_Basics_of_Alkaloid_Transfer_and_Decarboxylation_Debunking_the_30_30_30_90_Conversion_Method.png

I can’t help but wonder how they keep it preserved. Like what preservative they add in place of alcohol because from what I gather it will spoil very quickly

You can contact the vendor in chat on Reddit if you have any questions They are on the vendor link which I posted.

Nova ❤️

Sorry one more question nova lol.  Ok so on calm if one drop is 0.5mg.  Unless im way off on how much a person should use I thought most people are using 0.5 grams or so for microdosing am I way off on what I thought a person should use ? I thought I’d read on Reddit many times that most simmer 17 grams or 17000 mgs in 1 cup of distilled water.  I guess it depends how much ibotenic acid they want is Wether they add lemon or citric acid and boil for 2-3 hours for full muscimol or just 30 mins for a half and half.  But it’s still 17000 mgs in 240 ml.  In one cup there are 48 teaspoons so each teaspoon has 354 mgs.  Did I read it wrong that most microdose with 1/2 -1 teaspoon  or approx 175mg to 350ish.    Where 10 drops of theirs is 5mgs.  Still confused lol

I can’t help but wonder how they keep it preserved. Like what preservative they add in place of alcohol because from what I gather it will spoil very quickly

I should have read this earlier. Just got some in the post from the EU supplier and thought I'd best read up on dosage, Hope it lasts longer than a week!!

Still not sure on dose, but I'll be starting low anyway

Found another one that's actually made especially  for micro dosing also alcohol free, and ships internationally 

Amanita Muscaria

And now some technicalities:

• The extract contains 75% of Amanita Muscaria oleoresin dissolved in organic plant glycerol of pharmaceutical purity grade. This is required to keep the extract in a liquid state.

• Due to the high content of oleoresin, the extract may coagulate and/or crystalize at temperatures below 20°C. This may occur when the package will be delivered to you. To turn it into the liquid again place it in a warm place or warm (not hot) water. 35-40°C for 15 minutes will do. Shake it well.

• There is no need to keep it cold but keep it tightly closed to prevent air contact.

• It may be ingested in pure drops or dissolved in water, fruit or vegetable juice, wine etc. but NOT(!) in carbonated drinks.

• Our extract is fully decarboxylated and stabilized to low pH. Alkaline products or carbonated drinks ingested directly with the extract may cause mild nausea or stomach discomfort.

• 5 ml bottle contains about 100 drops.

https://www.amanitamicrodose.eu/amanitaextracts

I really should learn to read :)  Don't put them in the fridge lol

I can't help but wonder how they keep it preserved. Like what preservative they add in place of alcohol because from what I gather it will spoil very quickly

I should have read this earlier. Just got some in the post from the EU supplier and thought I'd best read up on dosage, Hope it lasts longer than a week!!

Still not sure on dose, but I'll be starting low anyway

Your lucky  H :hug: still waiting on mine  :( , and I'm in Cardiff and I remember you said your in Barry, I'm only going to do a drop at a time or may use a syringe to get a smaller amount to start off with, I don't know what does per drop they work out but the CALM is 0 .5mils/mg, can always contact them and ask if need be . By the way they also ship internationally in case anyone else wants to know.

Isn’t 0.5mg considered incredibly low of a dosage even for microdosing protocols ?

I think it depends on how sensitive you are. I'm ok with most things even alcohol. But some things that work o GABA still mess me up. Sesamin did it to me last week. I did a drop when I received it and it increased my pain a little for half an our, then was ok so decided to try another which has revved me up a bit. On the plus side my head pain is much better

Is it the sesamin that you think is what’s helping with the headpain ? That’s my only yet very difficult to deal with symptom

Is it the sesamin that you think is what’s helping with the headpain ? That’s my only yet very difficult to deal with symptom

No the sesamin messed me up for a good few days I think. This AM seems ok, but I am getting pains I haven't had in months popping up. I'll keep going and see what happens

No the sesamin messed me up for a good few days I think. This AM seems ok, but I am getting pains I haven't had in months popping up. I'll keep going and see what happens

What type of pain and where in your body is  it situated? if you don't mind sharing please H, pain, burning, and head problems along with hypersensitivities of all senses are some of my worst ones and I have  a lot of severe ones but I'm not going to post the list its too long.

You’re also taking the valasta right ? Maybe the combination of both

Yes still taking the Valasta, I think it's helping it's just sooo expensive.

What type of pain and where in your body is  it situated? if you don't mind sharing please H, pain, burning, and head problems along with hypersensitivities of all senses are some of my worst ones and I have  a lot of severe ones but I'm not going to post the list its too long.

Body pain, Internal and external, a deep pain. I was in agony at 2am and wired, it's eased off now thanks to some NAC and managed to get some sleep. Valium was paradoxical on me hence the CT and I'm kindled so not sure how to proceed. Is it a case of my body adjusting to it and it will provide longterm relief, or am I just making things worse?? My head symptoms feel better, but quiet achy today

Hi all,

I'm back from a few days away at the cottage.  I sleep so well in the country!

I continue to use the AM, (Moon serum  AwakeningRoots) with continued good results.  I sometimes take a break of a day or two-- my body seems to let me know when that is.  I'm taking two drops for the last few days without any of the revved feeling I had when I began this medicine.

I'm holding my taper as I adjust dosing times - moving things about half an hour a day.  One week hold so far.

For what it's worth I sure wouldn't be making the tincture myself.  There are many very reputable manufacturers who know the product, the mushroom and can create a reliably consistent product. 

There's my morning two bits!

:)

SS

A bit more info.

Yes I felt a bit weird the first few days that I started the AM.  Nothing too difficult but definitely a bit altered ( like a sip of a drink?)

I take my drops in the morning after I have eaten.

I just took my drops before eating and had the most outrageous sneezing fit!  grabbed some bread and that settled down.

I keep my drops in a dark room temp cupboard-- so far they seem to be good and they've been stored for around two months.

I really believe this helps me with the whole ordeal.

:):thumbsup:

SS

I’ve ordered the same bottle of moon serum to try as well.  I see you take it in the morning where as I’m hoping it will help with my sleep.  I still get very broken crappy quality sleep and was hoping it can help me sleep through the night (and pain if it will work on pain receptors)