Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Has anyone tried Muscimol?

[Na...]

I'm wondering if anyone has tried muscimol, which is a compound found in the Amanita muscaria mushroom. Apparently it is obtainable on the internet.

My interest is prompted by this paper posted by Fi Addendum in the Benzos in the News forum. 

https://www.genesispub.org/restoration-of-gabaa-receptor-function-after-benzodiazepine-use-a-meta-analysis

There are a number of compounds discussed in that paper as potentially being beneficial in restoring GABA receptor functionality. However, let me caution people in putting too much stock in it. This paper is a meta-analysis (a paper examining other papers on the topic) which appears to have been written by a couple of undergrad students under the direction of a full professor. It may be an excellent paper, or maybe not. I've read it and I'm not sure I see the data behind these compounds restoring GABA receptor function, but muscimol is an interesting compound that you don't see a lot of discussion around and I am curious if anyone here has tried it.

Interesting you posted this. I tried preparing amanita muscaria for low dosage use under 10 grams use. Tried 5g and 8g. Found it helps with anxiety, fatigue, and sleep. Smoking it was too weak, but oral dosages 5-10g feels like a 5-10mg valium. The only problem is that it's not easily obtainable, and takes time to prepare. Then there are other natural options like passionflower, or melatonin which are easier to obtain, and ingest. Though muscimol works better than any naturals i've tried.

• 1 year later...
I finally tried Amanita again. I did a test soon after jumping and felt nothing. Now, at 26 months off, I started by using oil (I prepared a tea and then boild it with coconut oil for half an hour). It has almost resolved my pain! I am much more functional. Almost a miracle, as my lower back was destroyed. I also had some tea (1 gram of mushroom simmered for 20 min with some lemon) and was finally able to breathe in peace again. Today, however, I took some full decarbed (3 hours simmer with low pH) and felt a little dizzy, but nothing major. I will keep using the oil topically and try the tea again in a few days.

• 3 months later...

bumping this thread and may start a new one.

I have been using tincture of Amanita muscaria that is fully carboxylated -- eliminates the ibotenic acid in the shroom-- for the last three months.

My daily mircrodosing regimen is two drops of the tincture, which I came to after using more product with results I didn't like (speediness, insomnia etc)

Since I've been microdosing I have been able to increase my taper rate by 120% -- yes you are reading that right.  Granted it's still about 5% a month but I'll take it!  My sxs have become milder, and I'm generally having a much easier time.

As you can see by my sig it's been a long horrific process so far.

There is information online about muscimol interacting in a healing way with GABA receptors and it seems to be so in my case.

I haven't wanted to write anything about it here until I was sure that the results were ongoing.

So if you have a mind to try this supplement find a reputable supplier for the legal (and I do say a bit magical) mushroom.  That is an imperative that the supplier be reputable and able to communicate about their method of dealing with the raw material.  It's important to get fully carboxylated Amanita.

Hope others have an equally positive result.

SS

• Like 1

I have been using tincture of Amanita muscaria that is fully carboxylated -- eliminates the ibotenic acid in the shroom-- for the last three months.

My daily mircrodosing regimen is two drops of the tincture, which I came to after using more product with results I didn't like (speediness, insomnia etc)

Since I've been microdosing I have been able to increase my taper rate by 120% -- yes you are reading that right.  Granted it's still about 5% a month but I'll take it!  My sxs have become milder, and I'm generally having a much easier time.

There is information online about muscimol interacting in a healing way with GABA receptors and it seems to be so in my case.

I haven't wanted to write anything about it here until I was sure that the results were ongoing.

So if you have a mind to try this supplement find a reputable supplier for the legal (and I do say a bit magical) mushroom.  That is an imperative that the supplier be reputable and able to communicate about their method of dealing with the raw material.  It's important to get fully carboxylated Amanita.

SS

I've sent for the Amanita Muscaria caps  after seeing  others used them to get off Benzos like this person 
and shes also got a brilliant website that's got all the instructions and warnings and how to prep them, different ways of using them  etc  https://www.amanitadreamer.net/

And she also warns against newbie users and peole with certain problems, and getting off Benzos should NOT use pure  Muscimol, and why  they should only have 30% of the  ibotenic acid out of them. I was looking at the tincture but worried about the fact is made with pure Alcohol and I got a small bottle with a roll on top of the  Amanita Muscaria oil to try for pain relief.

Nova  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

This is the tincture method the place I got the oil from below dose the place you got yours use the same method ?

The tincture is completely natural and has been made following a Traditional Recipe with time, patience, and 3 ingredients, namely Dried Amanita Muscaria Caps, Natural Spring Water and Pure Grain Ethanol/Alcohol

We have made our tincture by:-

Drying the Mushroom Caps and turning them upside down to dry.  The active ingredients are then contained in the middle of the cap and are displayed as browning on the cap middle

The caps are then placed in the Water and simmered to reduce the liquid

The reduced liquid is drained and filtered and cooled

Spring Water and 50% Proof (UK Proof) Pure Grain Ethanol/Alcohol is added to th Amanita Muscaria liquid , the tincture  is created !

Our Tincture is then bottled and ready for use.

The ratio is 1:4, therefore 1g of Amanita is in 4ml (teaspoon) of tincture.  1ml is around 10-15 drops from the pipette, a few drops is all you need as it goes a long way

Our Tincture  has been created from only Dried Amanita Muscaria Caps and not Fresh Caps and therefore this process changes the composite of the mushroom.  Research the benefits of using Dried Amanita Muscaria in this manner.

The shelf life of the tincture is extended to the traditional amanita muscaria tea recipe due to the added ethanol/alcohol.

Nova  :smitten:

SS

SS,  :hug: are you putting the tincture under your tongue or in water?

Another question  ::)    :) do you find its helped more, ar works better  than the kambo you tried ? Also did you have to wait for it to build up to a cumulative effect before you felt it working? As I have read this is the case in a lot of peole who micro-dose it

SS

I've sent for the Amanita Muscaria caps  after seeing  others used them to get off Benzos like this person 
and shes also got a brilliant website that's got all the instructions and warnings and how to prep them, different ways of using them  etc  https://www.amanitadreamer.net/

And she also warns against newbie users and peole with certain problems, and getting off Benzos should NOT use pure  Muscimol, and why  they should only have 30% of the  ibotenic acid out of them. I was looking at the tincture but worried about the fact is made with pure Alcohol and I got a small bottle with a roll on top of the  Amanita Muscaria oil to try for pain relief.

OK found what I posted about above    :)    Do Not Start With Full Decarb https://www.amanitadreamer.net/post/do-not-start-with-full-decarb

SS

I am glad Amanita is also helping you SufferingSixty. I am still using the Amanita cream with great success. It has a systemic effect, so not only pain improved, but also sleep, cog fog and depression.

SS

Hi Nova,

While I credit Amanita Dreamer with many things, I do find her a bit blustery and her research a bit suspect.

In my research ANY ibotenic acid is not good for those of us coming off of benzos, that is why 100% carboxylated amanita is what I chose to try with this great success.  The thing with a tincture is that I have more control over dosing than capsules would allow-- something that was very important to me.

I wish you great success with this!

Another question  ::)    :) do you find its helped more, ar works better  than the kambo you tried ? Also did you have to wait for it to build up to a cumulative effect before you felt it working? As I have read this is the case in a lot of peole who micro-dose it

Hi Nova,

I put the drops in water and yes I did need to work with it a bit to find the right dosage.  At first I was trying with 4 drops and found it revved me up considerably.  The revving had an interesting quality to it however as I had a sense that my vitality had returned.  That felt delicious.  The 4 drops proved to be too much however ( a bit too much vitality  :-\)  Insomnia returned and I was a bit wacky.  Two drops is the magic number for me and yes it took a bit of time for it to start to register.  It's difficult for me to judge how much time as I was changing dosing, but I'd be safe to say a week or two.

The Kambo I tried did nothing for me in the end.  i had five ceremonies and the last ceremony destabilized me, took about 4 days to return to base line.  I would consider trying it again once I am off Benzos but not during w/d.  There are others who it has helped tremendously however.

I'm almost down to 3mg of V -- and giddy with the thought of that!  Since adding the Amanita the tapering has been quite easy -- although I continue to dose 4X a day and have had interdose w/d the entire time that I have been tapering.  (My system is messed up!)  The interdose is almost gone since the mushroom.

SS

I am glad Amanita is also helping you SufferingSixty. I am still using the Amanita cream with great success. It has a systemic effect, so not only pain improved, but also sleep, cog fog and depression.

That's Fantastic Benzoita -- that the topical cream is so effective for systemic issues.  I'm so glad we've found this!

Looking for something that can relieve head pressure and head pain.  Does anyone think either the topical can help with this or eating/drinking it ? Is it effective for this type of pain or just joint pain and where can I get this topical stuff at (well if it works for head pain)

Just FYI for anyone on this thread who is interested I bought my "Moon Serum"  100% carboxylated Amanita from

AwakeningRoots.org

Her product is excellent and I was steered to her from a number of sources during my research on this mushroom.

Ironically I was JUST looking at their website 2 minutes ago wondering if they were a legit supplier

I found them to be super responsive and their product is working very well for me!

Their product has alcohol in it though doesn’t it ?

I found an alcohol free 100% decarb one YAY!! :yippee:Product_2.jpeg

I'm in UK and the vendor says its going to take about10 days, but  as is coming from Eastern Europe I think it possibly may take a bit longer , hopefully it may get here a bit earlier but I doubt it

Description

Calm Mushroom organic Standardized Water-Based Extract is created from locally gathered Amanita Muscaria mushroom using innovative alcohol-free double extraction method.

100% alcohol free

100% ibotenic acid free

Extraction process fully removes harmful ibotenic acid present in raw mushrooms. In the result of decarboxylation process the acid is converted to muscimol. Muscimol helps eliminating stress and anxiety, lessens muscle aches and facilitates therapeutic sleep.

Ingredients: concentrated Amanita Muscaria (Fly Agaric) extract, distilled water, glycerin.

Shake before use.

Organic product.

From the FAQS on the website

Why muscimol, unlike benzodiazepines doesn’t cause addition?

While benzodiazepines, such as alprazolam (Xanax), clonazepam (Klonopin), diazepam (Valium), and lorazepam (Ativan) are widely used to treat anxiety and insomnia, these substances can lead to dependence and even addiction within weeks of prolonged usage.

According to scientific studies, muscimol1, on the other hand, is a non-addictive GABAAR agonist. I does not have addictive properties and its pharmacological effects are contrasted to the effects of the BDZs.

Yes but at 2-3 DROPs from a tincture, you'd get more alcohol in kombucha....

I really don't think it's a concern because of the microdosing regimen.

I found an alcohol free 100% decarb one YAY!! :yippee:Product_2.jpeg

I'm in UK and the vendor says its going to take about10 days, but  as is coming from Eastern Europe I think it possibly may take a bit longer , hopefully it may get here a bit earlier but I doubt it

Description

Calm Mushroom organic Standardized Water-Based Extract is created from locally gathered Amanita Muscaria mushroom using innovative alcohol-free double extraction method.

100% alcohol free

100% ibotenic acid free

Extraction process fully removes harmful ibotenic acid present in raw mushrooms. In the result of decarboxylation process the acid is converted to muscimol. Muscimol helps eliminating stress and anxiety, lessens muscle aches and facilitates therapeutic sleep.

Ingredients: concentrated Amanita Muscaria (Fly Agaric) extract, distilled water, glycerin.

Shake before use.

Organic product.

From the FAQS on the website

Why muscimol, unlike benzodiazepines doesn’t cause addition?

While benzodiazepines, such as alprazolam (Xanax), clonazepam (Klonopin), diazepam (Valium), and lorazepam (Ativan) are widely used to treat anxiety and insomnia, these substances can lead to dependence and even addiction within weeks of prolonged usage.

According to scientific studies, muscimol1, on the other hand, is a non-addictive GABAAR agonist. I does not have addictive properties and its pharmacological effects are contrasted to the effects of the BDZs.

Fantastic Nova!  Here's hoping that you have the results that I am experiencing.  In Eastern Europe there are many providers as this medicine has been used for centuries.

Keep us in the loop!

Just curious if this stuff shows any promise for those who are in protracted status and already off benzos or is it primarily to help speed the taper or make tapering easier ?

Just curious if this stuff shows any promise for those who are in protracted status and already off benzos or is it primarily to help speed the taper or make tapering easier ?

Nope its not just for tapering,  most of the people I seen write about it took it for that reasons once off and still suffering,  but more peole tapering are now trying it out, and having success in both circumstances but it does take a while in most cases for it to build up  then do its job although for some its instantaneous. And like everything works for some not for others but it appears patience is the key you need to find your correct dose then wait , and its best to cycle  on and off of it in some cases, you have to work out what works best for you but start low.