12-24 months and up support group

[La...]

Not a coincidence, think it definitely affects mental symptoms’ lot others said same. Wouldn’t say I feel good, but lot calmer, air feels so much fresher, went for walk without sun beating down and relieved finally got some rain!

Helen how lovely to hear you enjoyed your visit from your brother and had a lovely walk. I pictured you smiling so big feeling happy to enjoy something without the uncomfortable disturbing symptoms. I wish you more and more days like that, dear friend! Yes I need a cool breeze to come to SC. Looks a bit cloudy this morning so we will see. Thanks for the encouragement. Wrists locked 🤝

Leann the heat can rev up anybody even the ones not going through this. Every year I feel bad for the elderly in the summer. It doesn’t take much heat to make them very ill very fast. You are smart to take short walks to reduce the heat exposure. What is your house made of? You said it’s designed to hold in heat? Sending you love and hugs and wrists locked 🤝

GG I’m glad they had a bed for you, you’ve suffered so much from this UTI stuff. Good to hear from you, I was very concerned. Sounds like they took good care of you. Glad you’re feeling better and on the mend. Warm hugs love and wrists locked 🤝 Rest rest rest

Sandy I wish I could just reach through this and give you a big hug! I’m sure you’re so tired of this crapola just like all of us. But, you’re a strong lady who will endure to the end. Hopefully as your body get used to the beta blocker it will settle down. I’m praying for you too, dearest. Love hugs and wrists locked 🤝🙏

Lisa the best thing we can do for ourselves right now is to continue to believe in our healing. Watch and wait. Our brains are doing a great job repairing us. I’m so grateful that God made it with this ability. Can you imagine remaining in acute for the rest of our lives? No way any of us could endure that! So, I was thinking about how far we’ve come….it’s not as bad as it once was. So I’m counting my blessings. This weekend was much better than last weekend. So hopefully we make big gains in healing. Always great to read your posts. Love hugs and wrists locked 🤝

Live if I could grant you a turn the corner wish I would! But you know what? I admire that you still try to stay positive and you have a beautiful fight in you that is encouraging me to fight more. Even though we may feel terrible, someone else has something to gain from it. You’re doing well under your circumstances. I’m proud of you! Love hugs and wrists locked 🤝

Pashu how was your weekend? I pray that you got some sleep??? I remembered that you were not sleeping well. I pray it is better last night. What is your normal bedtime routine? Mine is like a ritual 😂 I do all I can to not let anybody or anything interfere with my sleep routine at night. It really works for me. Wishing you a great day today. Love hugs wrists locked 🤝

JBen I pray you’re doing well and more symptoms have faded. How’s work going? Are you still able to push through? Eating better? Love hugs wrists locked 🤝

2 Cats how was your Sunday? What did you do? I ordered Subway laid in bed watching tv and playing games. I got up about every hour and half to stroll around a bit then back to bed. Hopefully today I can walk outside a bit. Some days are harder to push through than others. My poor legs need a shave. They almost need a lawn mower at this point 😂 sending you love hugs and wrists locked 🤝

Who did I miss? I hope no one. If I did it wasn’t on purpose. You are loved too ❤️

Hey LadyDen, my weekend was nice. Met up with some friends, some of which I hadn't seen in a while. Unfortunately did not get any shut eye at all last night. I try to limit liquids as much as I can a few hours before bed. Dim the lights about half an hour to an hour before bed if I've already brushed my teeth. Take cetirizine for my allergies right before bed and wear my ear plugs as I go to bed. Have always been a very light sleeper hence my use of those. With the heat in my house being inescapable, I also sleep with the fan on me now and a cold washcloth or two on my body.

Hope everyone is doing as well as they can right now. I guess I'm kind of looking forward to summer's end so the heat can die down, but at the same time I do dread the winter and the effects it will have on my mental because last winter was very, very tough. Can we have fall or spring for the next 12 months, please?

I second this thought. Fall preferably year round….wait a minute then there wouldn’t be any new plants or flowers blooming. That wouldn’t be good for the whole planet. But I understand what you mean. I loveeeeeee the fall weather. Spring is nice but the pollen hates me so I can’t enjoy it.

Hope you slept better last night. Thanks sweetie.

Hope everyone doing OK. Still struggling with the heat. Lady den my house made of bricks. Thermalight bricks that retain the heat, has cavity wall insulation if you know what that is. Double glazed throughout. Nice in winter not so good at moment. Been really hot outside even in the shade. It’s humidity that’s really bad. Seems lit of others symptoms rev up in the heat, so have been reassured by that.

GG hope you soon get some relief from the all you’ve been through❣️

Thanks for explaining this Leann. It makes sense because the winters there are so cold. In some places here we have bad winters. But not here in south USA. The more north the worse it gets. But I love the pretty snow….ok not being in it but to look at it. Had to make myself clear 😂

LadyDen, maybe you can use an electric shaver on your legs.  It would be easier to use, I would think, than using a razor.

Yes good idea. I’ve never used one. Usually hair remover cream or razor does a nice job for me. Thanks for the idea. Hugs 🤗

Thank you Helen. I think your feeling better has rubbed off on some of us. Wooohooo! I’m excited for us all to go ahead and heal up the rest of the way. Everyday is a bit more. Ok, brain, let’s finish this!

In a couple of days I’ll be 26 months. Wow!

Love to all enjoy your day ❤️

Hope everyone doing OK. Still struggling with the heat. Lady den my house made of bricks. Thermalight bricks that retain the heat, has cavity wall insulation if you know what that is. Double glazed throughout. Nice in winter not so good at moment. Been really hot outside even in the shade. It’s humidity that’s really bad. Seems lit of others symptoms rev up in the heat, so have been reassured by that.

Thanks for explaining this Leann. It makes sense because the winters there are so cold. In some places here we have bad winters. But not here in south USA. The more north the worse it gets. But I love the pretty snow….ok not being in it but to look at it. Had to make myself clear 😂

I’m in the south east we never generally get really cold winters, but need insulation as can get quite chilly December/January. Fortunately don’t get much snow. I absolutely HATE snow, it causes so much chaos, find it much too bright and harsh, everywhere looks bleak and white, no colour anywhere. Gives me a migraine. When melts look grey slushy and horrible . Nightmare trying drive anywhere. Fell over few years ago when we got some bad snowfall broke my wrist. So I don’t think it’s pretty I’m afraid. Temperature so much better today and had rain on and off most day no watering yeah! My favourite time year is Spring, not too hot and all plants start peeping through.

Helen how lovely to hear you enjoyed your visit from your brother and had a lovely walk. I pictured you smiling so big feeling happy to enjoy something without the uncomfortable disturbing symptoms. I wish you more and more days like that, dear friend! Yes I need a cool breeze to come to SC. Looks a bit cloudy this morning so we will see. Thanks for the encouragement. Wrists locked 🤝

Leann the heat can rev up anybody even the ones not going through this. Every year I feel bad for the elderly in the summer. It doesn’t take much heat to make them very ill very fast. You are smart to take short walks to reduce the heat exposure. What is your house made of? You said it’s designed to hold in heat? Sending you love and hugs and wrists locked 🤝

GG I’m glad they had a bed for you, you’ve suffered so much from this UTI stuff. Good to hear from you, I was very concerned. Sounds like they took good care of you. Glad you’re feeling better and on the mend. Warm hugs love and wrists locked 🤝 Rest rest rest

Sandy I wish I could just reach through this and give you a big hug! I’m sure you’re so tired of this crapola just like all of us. But, you’re a strong lady who will endure to the end. Hopefully as your body get used to the beta blocker it will settle down. I’m praying for you too, dearest. Love hugs and wrists locked 🤝🙏

Lisa the best thing we can do for ourselves right now is to continue to believe in our healing. Watch and wait. Our brains are doing a great job repairing us. I’m so grateful that God made it with this ability. Can you imagine remaining in acute for the rest of our lives? No way any of us could endure that! So, I was thinking about how far we’ve come….it’s not as bad as it once was. So I’m counting my blessings. This weekend was much better than last weekend. So hopefully we make big gains in healing. Always great to read your posts. Love hugs and wrists locked 🤝

Live if I could grant you a turn the corner wish I would! But you know what? I admire that you still try to stay positive and you have a beautiful fight in you that is encouraging me to fight more. Even though we may feel terrible, someone else has something to gain from it. You’re doing well under your circumstances. I’m proud of you! Love hugs and wrists locked 🤝

Pashu how was your weekend? I pray that you got some sleep??? I remembered that you were not sleeping well. I pray it is better last night. What is your normal bedtime routine? Mine is like a ritual 😂 I do all I can to not let anybody or anything interfere with my sleep routine at night. It really works for me. Wishing you a great day today. Love hugs wrists locked 🤝

JBen I pray you’re doing well and more symptoms have faded. How’s work going? Are you still able to push through? Eating better? Love hugs wrists locked 🤝

2 Cats how was your Sunday? What did you do? I ordered Subway laid in bed watching tv and playing games. I got up about every hour and half to stroll around a bit then back to bed. Hopefully today I can walk outside a bit. Some days are harder to push through than others. My poor legs need a shave. They almost need a lawn mower at this point 😂 sending you love hugs and wrists locked 🤝

Who did I miss? I hope no one. If I did it wasn’t on purpose. You are loved too ❤️

Hey LadyDen, my weekend was nice. Met up with some friends, some of which I hadn't seen in a while. Unfortunately did not get any shut eye at all last night. I try to limit liquids as much as I can a few hours before bed. Dim the lights about half an hour to an hour before bed if I've already brushed my teeth. Take cetirizine for my allergies right before bed and wear my ear plugs as I go to bed. Have always been a very light sleeper hence my use of those. With the heat in my house being inescapable, I also sleep with the fan on me now and a cold washcloth or two on my body.

Hope everyone is doing as well as they can right now. I guess I'm kind of looking forward to summer's end so the heat can die down, but at the same time I do dread the winter and the effects it will have on my mental because last winter was very, very tough. Can we have fall or spring for the next 12 months, please?

I second this thought. Fall preferably year round….wait a minute then there wouldn’t be any new plants or flowers blooming. That wouldn’t be good for the whole planet. But I understand what you mean. I loveeeeeee the fall weather. Spring is nice but the pollen hates me so I can’t enjoy it.

I can't even remember because my brain is toast but I think I managed to sleep through the whole night so as good as it can be I guess, thank you! Headache intense though right now.

I’m in the south east we never generally get really cold winters, but need insulation as can get quite chilly December/January. Fortunately don’t get much snow. I absolutely HATE snow, it causes so much chaos, find it much too bright and harsh, everywhere looks bleak and white, no colour anywhere. Gives me a migraine. When melts look grey slushy and horrible . Nightmare trying drive anywhere. Fell over few years ago when we got some bad snowfall broke my wrist. So I don’t think it’s pretty I’m afraid. Temperature so much better today and had rain on and off most day no watering yeah! My favourite time year is Spring, not too hot and all plants start peeping through.

It rained here yesterday as well. And was much cooler like early fall weather. I loved it. I wasn’t feeling well yesterday so I didn’t get to be outside to enjoy it. Not everyone enjoys the snow. I find that to be the case with people who have to deal with it often. And people like me love it because we rarely get any significant amounts. Rainy weather that’s often  in places are the same for people living there, they hate it. But drier areas love it. 😂 Hope you have a great day today sweetheart. Hugs 🤗

I can't even remember because my brain is toast but I think I managed to sleep through the whole night so as good as it can be I guess, thank you! Headache intense though right now.

Wow sorry Pashu those headaches are terrible. I have one this morning as well. Hope yours is gone now. Big hugs to you. Keep hanging in there. Better days are coming.  :thumbsup:

I wouldn’t have believed that if I hadn’t experienced it….time is truly our friend in this recovery.

Include me in today's headache club. I hadn't had one in 2 months but this started last night...not loving it.  We'll get better.  The shifting weather patterns probably got to me. 

Onward everyone!

Helen

Besides the fear and other symptoms, headaches have been plaguing me recently too. Ugh!

Sending much love and hugs to all.

LiveLife

Sorry LiveLife! It seems like the fear, etc were enough for you.  Headaches piled on top?  Not cool.  Hope it lets up soon.

Helen

Hey everyone.  Just checking in.  Starting to feel a little better.  So grateful.  This wave has been horrendous! 

Hope everyone is managing okay.  Thinking about everyone.

I have had such a crazy summer getting my two girls back to college and dealing with this horrible wave, I am just ready to take a little time to rest and relax!  Really hoping the weather cools down soon.    My symptoms are always worse in the summer!  Not sure what that is about, but it seems to happen to others as well.

Lisa

Funny is one word for it. I have some others but will keep them to myself.  :tickedoff:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Honestly me too! 🤝 wrists locked!

Hey everyone.  Just checking in.  Starting to feel a little better.  So grateful.  This wave has been horrendous! 

Hope everyone is managing okay.  Thinking about everyone.

I have had such a crazy summer getting my two girls back to college and dealing with this horrible wave, I am just ready to take a little time to rest and relax!  Really hoping the weather cools down soon.    My symptoms are always worse in the summer!  Not sure what that is about, but it seems to happen to others as well.

Lisa

Yep they’re settled in to college so time for you to chill. Great idea. Glad to hear your wave is calming down. As for me I’m turning 26 months and it’s going into the weekend….not feeling good  :'(

I’m in bed resting until I feel better. What else can I do? I guess it’s me and Netflix again today.

Live I wish you could feel better for longer than an hour. Are you eating well? I find that when I feel like crap I don’t have much of an appetite. Ughhhh this sucks how long we are plagued with these symptoms. Makes me pissed beyond pissitivy!

Love and hugs!

Just did a long post and lost it!!!!  Need urgent reply for anyone up and about, please?

UTI finally gone after three day stay in hospital and two injections in my butt given this past Monday and Tuesday of the same antibiotic I received via IV in the hospital. The great news is that as of this morning a urine culture taken on Tuesday shows no UTI!!!!  So relieved.

However, I now have a yeast infection which is almost a given for me after antibiotics.  Dr. does not want to put me on Diflucan as he wants my body to rest and recover from so many antibiotics.  I am grateful for the antibiotics as my discharge papers from the hospital lists cystitis, uti, perforation of the uterine wall, and possible peritonitis?!?!?  Very scary, indeed!

So, the doctor wants me to take a three day course of Monistat OTC, which I have taken in the past with no problem. 

Please respond if you have any suggestions or thoughts on this latest turn of events in my long journey back to good health.

Love and hugs to all!!!!

GG that is great new. Yay! As far as the monostat 3 day I don’t see any problems with you taking that. I think you’re far enough in your recovery that you can handle it. My vote is go for it. It’s only for 3 days. The last thing you need is the yeast to get more out of control. Best wishes!

Hugs and love

Bless you my sweet LadyDen🙏😍.

I think you are right as I have handled so many antibiotics pretty darn well, and have not succumbed as of yet!  Hubby is in the way to the store, so will start treatment when he returns as directed on the package.

How are you feeling!  I saw yesterday where many buddies had headaches, and I had to chuckle as I had a pretty bad one yesterday, too.  Must be something in the weather pattern.  Today sunny and lovely, so want to sit outside once my stomach calms down!

Love and hugs,

GG

Glad to hear you are better, GG, and love reading your encouraging and positive words, LadyDen.

My health anxiety is very high since I had the AFib incident 3 weeks ago. I see the cardiologist September 7th. My primary care doc had me wear a monitor on my chest for 2 weeks, but I don’t have the results yet. I’m on a low dose beta blocker and blood thinner until I see the heart doc.

V symptoms are back. Tinnitus and pressure behind my eyes. Front and back chest muscles aching, and I’m totally exhausted. My mind is going to all the worst scenarios about my heart.

Through it all, I’ve been totally functional. It’s been a challenge, but I’ve persevered. I would appreciate positive vibes and prayers from my buddies. I think about you all every day, and you are always in my prayers.

The support from this group has been life saving.

Hugs,

Sandy