Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

12-24 months and up support group

[La...]

Morning Blessings to all you Yearlings!

Live, thank you sweetheart. This has got to be fine tuning ( major healing) going on for us that getting hit hard for this long. I’ll be so happy when we get over this mountain. We’re definitely more than half way there. I hope we get a visit from window fairy soon. She visited Helen so she’ll make her visits to the rest of us too. Let’s keep hanging in there. Sending you love and hugs ❤️

Lisa I’m actually floored by how much acute-like this is. Although I’ve read about it happening in our timeframe, but to experience it really let’s us know what others mean. Wow…I have no words for this. Well…. I do but I will be banned if I post them  :laugh:  Funny thing is I’m usually not the one for potty mouth or even thinking  of using those words. No judgment on those who do. But, since going through this I’m often using “ colorful” language.  :-X  Sometimes I can’t help it! I’m praying we turn a very nice corner soon. Today would be nice, right? Last night wasn’t as bad as the night before. But it wasn’t good, just better. This is so up and down  :tickedoff: Love and hugs ❤️

Leann the weather here has been cooler. Rain has visited off and on for a few days. Looks like more is expected in another day or two. It has been so hot here that I’m loving the cooling down. I hope you’re staying cool. Great job on your walk. Love and hugs ❤️

Helen I hope your still sipping tea with the window fairy. Thanks for your lovely posts and support of everyone here. I thank all of us for being such a loving group. That’s because some of the best buddies are here. Yesterday became better once I got past lunch. It’s crazy how some mornings my dread is so bad and others are medium or mild. I’m not sure why seeing that I didn’t do anything different and I can’t blame it on doing too much because I’m mostly laying down. The Benzo Bully is just a chit head  :idiot Most of the time, there isn’t a reason. This is just so non-linear and unpredictable. The minute I get a good pattern going, it shifts  ::)  Sending you love and hugs ❤️ Are you getting much rain too? I’m not so sure about healing fast if sleeping well. If that’s the case, I’d be healed long time ago. I’ve been sleeping pretty well this whole ENTIRE taper and up to now. I do have the occasional trouble falling asleep when I’m in a big night wave. That would keep anybody awake. Even when that happens, once I’m asleep Im sleeping a solid 5-7 hours. I honestly have been surprised by this because I thought I’d suffer the rebound insomnia since I was on Ambien over 7 years. I’m so glad I didn’t because it’s been my only relief from this ordeal. Even with night waves, I look forward to going to sleep.

GG is your lady part issue resolved? Are you feeling better? Sending you love and hugs ❤️

To all of you 🙏🙏🙏🙏🌹❤️

Please go to my Poetry Cafe thread and read the poem “Don’t Quit” that my friend 2Cats posted.  :thumbsup:

I am all over the place with my sleep patterns.  A few months back when in a lovely window I would go to bed feeling good, sleep seven to eight hours, and then wake up feeling great and ready to greet the day.  Never thought about benzos, and just thought it would remain that way!  Now, back to the morning cortisol surges, waking up at four, lying in bed hoping the nasty old wave would disappear when I did my deep breathing exercises.  Nope, I am stuck with the unpleasantnesses until late afternoon when, if lucky, I transition into a nice window until bed time.  Repeat, repeat, repeat.  This experience is like none another and cannot simply be explained to those not going through it!!!!

Leann, I know you have never really had a window of any length, and I know that is soul crushing.  We can keep searching for words of wisdom and supportive language, but in this case oftentimes all we can do is say…..I feel your pain and frustration.  I really do because I have walked in your shoes, maybe not the same footsteps, but walked down the same path!!!!  The end will come, it must, it has to, it will!!!!

Hugs,

GG

I’m the same way. I feel better in the evenings then start a night wave. Pray, meditate to tune it out. I wake up in morning dread depending on how bad my night wave was determines how bad my morning will be. Isn’t that wild !!!!! ??? Repeat. Repeat. Then I’ll get a nice window a few days until the weekend. My windows are not ones that I feel 100% normal. They’re anywhere from 60-80% which means I can be out of bed able to push through to do things with my main symptoms mild in the background. My windows last a couple of hours or less and so do my waves. All day. Everyday. My waves randomly increase in intensity as well. Today my wave at lunch might be a 4 and tomorrow it might be a 6. I also had stretches of two months that were pretty much good then I’m slammed again. But I will say this slam since turning 2 years is very different but in a good way. I say that because this was the first time in my recovery that it didn’t make me completely bedridden again. This go round I was able to not need my walker, still could walk around when I needed to and take care of myself. All the other times I was back to square one to the point that I had to hire a caregiver. So, this is progress. I’m definitely healing. I’m counting my blessings.

Last night I made a list of all my symptoms I’ve ever had. A total of 65! On the list, I made 3 sections: Gone, Every now & then and Still have. I still have 30 every now and then plus 18 still have’s. That list gave me a very clear picture of how much I’ve healed. Last year those in the every now and then was in the still have section.  :thumbsup:

My still haves ( every day or very often):

Boatiness

Ataxia ( balance episodes)

Itching fingers/ toes at night

Intrusive thoughts

Intrusive songs

Ruminations

Morning dread

Night waves

Goosebumps surges

Ear ringing

Sensitivity to sounds

Sensitivity to certain lights

Exercise intolerance

Muscle spasms

Muscle twitches

Pulling sensation coupled with diarrhea

Sweating

Head pressure

*** all of these are milder now***

Hello and good morning LadyDen.  Yes, my female issues have calmed down and I pray that I won’t have to hit the repeat button ever again on this issue.  Wow, these last couple of months have really done me in.

I am also struggling in the mornings but forcing myself to get up and get moving, even if only to do a load of laundry.  Today I started with the buzzy head and am now adding in some GI issues.  It is so true that the gut is our second brain, and when my gut is off kilter, the head begins its buzzy brain dance😱

Another day another…….day of healing?  Yes!!!!!!

Hugs to all,

GG

Morning Blessings to all you Yearlings!

Live, thank you sweetheart. This has got to be fine tuning ( major healing) going on for us that getting hit hard for this long. I’ll be so happy when we get over this mountain. We’re definitely more than half way there. I hope we get a visit from window fairy soon. She visited Helen so she’ll make her visits to the rest of us too. Let’s keep hanging in there. Sending you love and hugs ❤️

Lisa I’m actually floored by how much acute-like this is. Although I’ve read about it happening in our timeframe, but to experience it really let’s us know what others mean. Wow…I have no words for this. Well…. I do but I will be banned if I post them  :laugh:  Funny thing is I’m usually not the one for potty mouth or even thinking  of using those words. No judgment on those who do. But, since going through this I’m often using “ colorful” language.  :-X  Sometimes I can’t help it! I’m praying we turn a very nice corner soon. Today would be nice, right? Last night wasn’t as bad as the night before. But it wasn’t good, just better. This is so up and down  :tickedoff: Love and hugs ❤️

Leann the weather here has been cooler. Rain has visited off and on for a few days. Looks like more is expected in another day or two. It has been so hot here that I’m loving the cooling down. I hope you’re staying cool. Great job on your walk. Love and hugs ❤️

Helen I hope your still sipping tea with the window fairy. Thanks for your lovely posts and support of everyone here. I thank all of us for being such a loving group. That’s because some of the best buddies are here. Yesterday became better once I got past lunch. It’s crazy how some mornings my dread is so bad and others are medium or mild. I’m not sure why seeing that I didn’t do anything different and I can’t blame it on doing too much because I’m mostly laying down. The Benzo Bully is just a chit head  :idiot Most of the time, there isn’t a reason. This is just so non-linear and unpredictable. The minute I get a good pattern going, it shifts  ::)  Sending you love and hugs ❤️ Are you getting much rain too? I’m not so sure about healing fast if sleeping well. If that’s the case, I’d be healed long time ago. I’ve been sleeping pretty well this whole ENTIRE taper and up to now. I do have the occasional trouble falling asleep when I’m in a big night wave. That would keep anybody awake. Even when that happens, once I’m asleep Im sleeping a solid 5-7 hours. I honestly have been surprised by this because I thought I’d suffer the rebound insomnia since I was on Ambien over 7 years. I’m so glad I didn’t because it’s been my only relief from this ordeal. Even with night waves, I look forward to going to sleep.

GG is your lady part issue resolved? Are you feeling better? Sending you love and hugs ❤️

To all of you 🙏🙏🙏🙏🌹❤️

Please go to my Poetry Cafe thread and read the poem “Don’t Quit” that my friend 2Cats posted.  :thumbsup:

LD,

I'm so sorry you are still waving. I'm waving along with you.  Catching the sore throat bug really turned me inside out. My major symptom is the INTENSE burning and aching.  My chest feels tight too. It's the usual onslaught. I'm a couch human again today and not having much nice to say.  Please know I'm pulling for you and all others here.

Hugs,

Helen

Hello to all,

LadyDen,

I'm so sorry you're in a wave. But I'm sure it's going to pass because it always does. Fine tuning is what we're doing. Sure wish it would come to the station once and for all. And I feel like I'm in acute again on many occasions recently, too.  I definitely do today. Hope that's a good sign for us.

GG,

Glad to hear your lady parts are doing better. Once you get through your setback and it probably won't be that much longer I'm sure you're going to be moving ahead full steam.

Leann,

As far as sleep goes if the fear level is not intense I can get some sleep. But the fear and terror at night have been out of control and that makes it a lot more challenging with many wake ups.

Helen,

So sorry to hear you're not doing well. Hope hope you get past this very quickly and back to feeling as good as you were.

Tomorrow I'm going to be 27 months out and I sure wish I could see some improvements. The fear has intensified even more and I had no idea that it could get any worse. The fear along with the other symptoms is just too much. Last night was unbearable and today I'm barely hanging on again.  Always hoping it will improve as the day goes on. I sure hope this next month is going to prove to be a big turning point for myself and everyone else. I have had some minor breaks and last Friday I had a bit of a window. Hoping for more of that or even better. Trying to stay positive.

Sending warm love and healing hugs to all!

LiveLife

As always, LiveLife, you come on this board and offer up warm and compassionate  words of support and caring for your fellow buddies.  All while you are suffering for way too long and way too much!  Unfair, totally unfair!

You are truly a lovely person and deserve so much more, Live, and all of us are puuuullliiing for you.

Hugs,

Gg

I am all over the place with my sleep patterns.  A few months back when in a lovely window I would go to bed feeling good, sleep seven to eight hours, and then wake up feeling great and ready to greet the day.  Never thought about benzos, and just thought it would remain that way!  Now, back to the morning cortisol surges, waking up at four, lying in bed hoping the nasty old wave would disappear when I did my deep breathing exercises.  Nope, I am stuck with the unpleasantnesses until late afternoon when, if lucky, I transition into a nice window until bed time.  Repeat, repeat, repeat.  This experience is like none another and cannot simply be explained to those not going through it!!!!

Leann, I know you have never really had a window of any length, and I know that is soul crushing.  We can keep searching for words of wisdom and supportive language, but in this case oftentimes all we can do is say…..I feel your pain and frustration.  I really do because I have walked in your shoes, maybe not the same footsteps, but walked down the same path!!!!  The end will come, it must, it has to, it will!!!!

Hugs,

GG

Thanks GG, so sweet of you to think of me when you are going through so much. At least had the odd day where feel sort of OK ish. Was so frustrating with all the problems with e mails, I really thought I’d cracked it and was getting better. Very hot here again at moment. Mt poor husband had get up at crack dawn to go to our son’s house as having new doors fitted across back house. They were 3 hours late getting there, he’s had listen to blaring music all day, and as they were late got to go back tomorrow coz they didn’t finish it  Son lives in old Victorian house in London so least it’s been cool . Son is on holiday which is why he had to do it. So he’ll be stressed when he gets back. Everyone on here is so caring and kind, really keeps me going.

Lady den so sorry you are suffering, really never know what is round the corner.  I still get meltdown days that come out of nowhere. Live hope you soon get some relief, been long time coming for me to get odd day, it will come for you.. Just wish the bl**dy window fairy would stay longer than a day. I’ve got all the windows open trying keep cool, just fly in and don’t keep pi***ng off. Feel she’s like Tinkerbell in Peter Pan if you know story, and very grumpy fairy. 😊

Leann, the heat and stress is certainly not helping you, but soon your hubby’s extra chores for your on holiday son will be completed, the weather will cool down, and you can sit in your pretty little garden and chill out! 

You are a trooper and I admire you for hanging on by sheer determination for so very long.  I would love nothing better than to pop across the pond and share a cup of tea and a few biscuits or two with you.  You have a spark in your soul, so hang on for your time is coming😍😍😍😍😍😍

Hugs,

GG

Yes would be lovely for us all to get together. I know we are all meant to drink tea but I’m coffee only Brit. I love the US, been there twice up the East and west coast.  We’ve got  builders overs back of us so drilling and banging all day, plus some music this morning so not very relaxing. Meant have storm tomorrow morning. As you know I love my garden it desperately needs a drink. Read quote somewhere said the nearest place you can get to God  is in a garden. I just love nurturing plants and watch them grow. I did tell hubby to stay night but said it’s like a tip. How are you doing now, bladder problems are real pain, I ended up having cut lot stuff out my diet to stop them. Hugs from hot and humid UK xxx

GG and  Leann,

Thank you so much for your encouraging words. I wish the best for the both of you and that things will look up for all of us very soon. So hard to hang on.

Hugs!

LiveLife

Much strength, everyone. Just floating around here day by day, as I have for the past 18 months. And for as long as I need to, I hope.

Hey Buddies:

I have been out and about the last couple of days.  Traveled to Huntsville (2 hours away) today to visit a friend.  It was really, really lovely to be out.  Just read through everybody's recent posts.  I am doing better, but having lots of sleep issues.  Only getting about 3 hours a night currently.  It is ghastly.

Live:  This has GOT to end soon.  We are on the mend!!!  Fine tuning!!    I am sorry the fear is so bad right now.  I am thinking about you!  Please know that it is just a matter of time before we all heal.

GG:  You are amazing!  I admire your spunk and your great attitude!  You are on your way to complete healing.    I love reading your posts; they always put a smile on my face.

Leeann:  Sounds like you are doing a little better!  Keep it up, girl!  You are getting there.    Just a matter of time.  I, like you, am looking forward to the cooler weather.

LadyDen:  Where is that darn window fairy?  She needs to make an appearance SOON!  These long waves are the worst.  Mine has been going on for almost two months now.  Ugh!!!!  I know you are ready for a break as well. 

Hope everyone has a lovely day tomorrow.    Another day of healing!  One day closer to freedom!!!

Lisa

Morning hugs! 🤗 I’m sure all of us need a few. I know I do! Wow it’s a crazy hot certified mess in my morning dread this morning. I’m hanging on to you all kind words and support. Distracting and distracting some more. I was doing decent for 3 consecutive days last week then rough weekends. This week has been one day decent one day not.  :idiot:

Helen it breaks my heart that you’re sick. You were doing so well until the virus got you. Although you’re on the couch all day, that’s a good thing so you can let your body rest. I’m not on the couch but definitely in the bed so you’re not alone. Sending you love and hugs 🤗

Lisa that’s so awesome you did well on your outing. Yay for you! Now you can rest from it. Last night I dreamed I went on an outing but it wasn’t a vacation. Very weird dream.  :o Hope you continue today feeling decent. If I see that window fairy I’ll send her your way for sure. She needs to visit us all. 🤗

Pasha I was about to message asking where you were but you posted.  :thumbsup: I’m glad you’re still doing all you can to get through. That’s really all we can do at this point. Big hugs and stay strong 🤗

Leann I agree that you sound better. I’m happy to hear that. Please keep your hope alive. I agree with the others that you will heal too. Hugs 🤗

GG I’m doing my best to get through this rough patch of my forest of recovery. Although things are green ( looking promising) there’s still some rough thickets around. I’m glad you’re on the mend. You should be returning to your lovely baseline soon. Hugs 🤗

Live I agree with the others too…you e GOT to be turning that corner any day now!  :thumbsup: I can’t wait until you post about being in a window feeling better. It’s coming! In the meantime You’re not getting kicked alone. Wow this sucks! Hugs 🤗

As for me, I’m going to be bed hugging today. I can tell this is not going to be too good of a day. And I’m hoping to be proved wrong .

LadyDen:    Sorry you are having a rough morning!!!  Gosh, this is one crazy journey.    It is so nice to know that we are not alone in our "travels".  I am hoping you will start feeling better this evening.   

I slept better last night and I am so grateful for that.  This morning my brain is a little foggy and I have a bit of anxiety, but I am hoping that will clear soon.

Let's keep encouraging each other.  We will get through this.  We will heal!!!  Yea! Yea!  Yea!

Lisa

Good morning,

I'm so sorry to read of the ongoing suffering. Decatur, we definitely all need the support.  Glad to hear you slept last night. 

Lady Den,  bless you my friend. You are taking a very unfair thrashing.  I so wish I could do something for you. But I'm praying, wishing, hoping for better days for you my friend.

Whatever this bug is has my ultra healthy husband down so I know it's a doozy.  I have the sore throat like he does but other than that mine just feels like some nasty acute benzo withdrawal type situation. I'm about as uncomfortable as I can tolerate right now.  The tight chest, burning and tingling, palpitations and tinnitus are just rude...and oh lack of sleep due to aforementioned symptoms.  We are supposed to leave for the beach today but may wait until tomorrow. We'll see...I appreciate the love you have all sent and I'm sending it back in bushels!  Hoping Leann, GG, LiveLife and Miss Fortitude get some relief today. 

Wrists locked,

Helen

LadyDen:    Sorry you are having a rough morning!!!  Gosh, this is one crazy journey.    It is so nice to know that we are not alone in our "travels".  I am hoping you will start feeling better this evening.   

I slept better last night and I am so grateful for that.  This morning my brain is a little foggy and I have a bit of anxiety, but I am hoping that will clear soon.

Let's keep encouraging each other.  We will get through this.  We will heal!!!  Yea! Yea!  Yea!

Lisa

You slept better?  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Awesome!  :highfive: Here’s to more of those nights 🛌🙏😉

Yes we will get through. We are healing right now!

Good morning,

I'm so sorry to read of the ongoing suffering. Decatur, we definitely all need the support.  Glad to hear you slept last night. 

Lady Den,  bless you my friend. You are taking a very unfair thrashing.  I so wish I could do something for you. But I'm praying, wishing, hoping for better days for you my friend.

Whatever this bug is has my ultra healthy husband down so I know it's a doozy.  I have the sore throat like he does but other than that mine just feels like some nasty acute benzo withdrawal type situation. I'm about as uncomfortable as I can tolerate right now.  The tight chest, burning and tingling, palpitations and tinnitus are just rude...and oh lack of sleep due to aforementioned symptoms.  We are supposed to leave for the beach today but may wait until tomorrow. We'll see...I appreciate the love you have all sent and I'm sending it back in bushels!  Hoping Leann, GG, LiveLife and Miss Fortitude get some relief today. 

Wrists locked,

Helen

Helen  :mybuddy::hug: healing vibes and prayers your way dear friend. 🙏 I’m here if you need me. Good idea to not travel today. Just rest.

I want you to feel better very soon…you and hubby. 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Hello to all my beautiful buddies.

Lisa,

Thank you so much again for your encouraging words. Sure hoping things do improve for me soon. Sorry to hear that you're having  Insomnia, that is ghastly! But it sounds like you got a good night sleep last night,  That's a very good sign. Hope it continues for you. It's so great you were able to visit your friend get out of the house. Sounds like you are on your way for sure.

LadyDen,

Thank you so much for keeping it positive,  I believe you're right. We are all moving in the right direction getting further away from that nasty drug. I'm so sorry to hear that you're not feeling so well today I hope as the day goes on that you see some marked improvement.

Helen,

I'm sorry to hear you're having these symptoms and you didn't sleep well last night. Hope you have a speedy recovery and your husband too.

As for me I'm 27 months today. I sure hope that this month proves to be a big turning point for me. I'm staying hopeful!

Sending warm love and healing hugs to all,

LiveLife

I realize I'm just bombing in and sorry for it.

I am so uncomfortable,  I feel I am sweating and my temp will not just even out..I go from freezing to hot and my hands and feet sweat. I have episodes where I feel I'm going to lose my vision and black out, does it ever end.. I mean. I did myself in with 2 meds and the way I quit. I wonder if anyone has healed from this. I'm so defeated, my nervous system has no balance still.

Hello to all my beautiful buddies.

Lisa,

Thank you so much again for your encouraging words. Sure hoping things do improve for me soon. Sorry to hear that you're having  Insomnia, that is ghastly! But it sounds like you got a good night sleep last night,  That's a very good sign. Hope it continues for you. It's so great you were able to visit your friend get out of the house. Sounds like you are on your way for sure.

LadyDen,

Thank you so much for keeping it positive,  I believe you're right. We are all moving in the right direction getting further away from that nasty drug. I'm so sorry to hear that you're not feeling so well today I hope as the day goes on that you see some marked improvement.

Helen,

I'm sorry to hear you're having these symptoms and you didn't sleep well last night. Hope you have a speedy recovery and your husband too.

As for me I'm 27 months today. I sure hope that this month proves to be a big turning point for me. I'm staying hopeful!

Sending warm love and healing hugs to all,

LiveLife

Congrats on 27 months! 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉👍🏼🥳❤️

I’m hanging in there, Live. I’m having wave then window wave then window. Fine tuning on the radio 📻

Hope you are doing much better. Love you 😘

I realize I'm just bombing in and sorry for it.

I am so uncomfortable,  I feel I am sweating and my temp will not just even out..I go from freezing to hot and my hands and feet sweat. I have episodes where I feel I'm going to lose my vision and black out, does it ever end.. I mean. I did myself in with 2 meds and the way I quit. I wonder if anyone has healed from this. I'm so defeated, my nervous system has no balance still.

Fox sorry for your struggles. As you said, you CT’d so it’s to be expected to feel like that. And yes many have healed after CT. I’m not sure what to tell you except that maybe the CT thread can help. I wish you the best. Try to stay calm and practice controlled breathing.

Fox,

I'm so sorry that you're suffering. I know that you will heal because everyone does. It just isn't easy. Until you get to that point you have to try to hang on and be as positive as you can and I know that's a struggle, for sure.  I'm right there with you.

LadyDen,

Thank you for the congratulations. It sounds like you're moving in the right direction at least you have waves and window, that's a good thing. I seem to have an evening window from the fear only, coming on anywhere from 5:30 to  10:00. But then when it's time to go to bed I fall asleep for about an hour and it comes raging back. And then the mornings are worse than ever and it continues through the day until the evening,  Most times, but I have days where it's left as early as 11:15 AM and that is wonderful. I know it's trying to get ready to take its leave but today is not one of those days and I'm barely hanging on again.  I'm hoping that  The fear is going to take its leave at any moment. Only way I can get through the day when I'm suffering so badly.

Sending big hugs and love to everyone!

LiveLife

Live I’m the same as you. I’m not so good until lunchtime. Lucky if by 11:30. Looks like we are having the same experiences at the same timeframe. But this is common this far out. Evenings are decent after 5 until about 9 pm when my night wave starts. Then I wait to see how bad or decent it will get. Next morning….repeat.  :tickedoff:

The good news is yes I get windows but I will say they’re not as good as before I turned 2 years. Oh well I’m not complaining. Any day now we will arise from these ashes with much healing!  :thumbsup:

We keep going. Keep praying and keep distracting ourselves. Let these bad days morph into good ones. So we can jam on out of this recovery for good. Dancing on out of here! Never to feel this crap again. No waves. No symptoms. No morning dread or night waves. Woooooo weeeee I can’t wait! It’s in the making.

We hang in there together.

:hug::mybuddy:

That’s for all of us. Keep the faith!

Congratulations, Live, on your momentous 27 month anniversary!  Never ever will you have to relive those 27 months, and you can now look forward to much less time in your healing journey!  I am at 30 months and still dealing with the aftermath of all the antibiotics I have been on since the mid-June UTI presenting itself and hanging on way too long.  Yesterday was good, today not so good but I hope my wave will transition into a window later today.  So, even with all my health issues and antibiotics, I am still confident that I will get through this temporary setback and get back to a good baseline.

I hope everyone is waking up to a relatively good day with not too many aches and pains.  With BWD it is much like what Forrest Gump said as he was sitting on the bench, “Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you’re going to get.”

Hugs and carry on,

GG