12-24 months and up support group

[La...]

LD - congrats on your upcoming new grandchild!  I hope you're able to see them sooner than later.  This process does rob us off so so much. 

Happy Sunday Everyone!  Hope the day has been good to each of you.  I'm mostly over the virus/wave now, but it seems to have kicked up my blood sugar issues again in that I feel all the familiar symptoms when my blood sugar is low.  So back to eating every 3 hours for a while.  Thanks for the healing thoughts and messages my Friends  :smitten:

I was eagerly following the Royal festivities this WE, I don't know why I like all the pomp and circumstance....I guess I find the tradition fascinating given the history of the Monarchy....And the Queen obviously won't be ruling too much longer.  I wonder what will happen when the time comes for Prince Charles to be crowned.  Living History.  On another British note, I am in love with the scenery of the Cornish coast depicted in the Doc Martin series I'm watching.  I want to visit there someday!!

Leann, I know what you mean when you say others see us as normal, when we feel anything but.  I can assure you that even though my Sx are mostly physical it is the same.  I appear normal and all my symptoms are sensory in nature.  So no broken leg or nasty rash or anything anyone can see.  As far as everyone else sees us, we are  normal looking in every way.  That's the horror of this WD.  No one can ever imagine how intensely uncomfortable it is for as long as it is. It's hell on earth.  If people had any idea, they'd NEVER take the medicine.  I can't even get my niece to understand how horrible it could be.  She's on the Xanax train to hell.

Yeah thumping music and commotion don't go well together with benzo wd.

i

Feel really frazzled, spent evening in house trying block out the thump thump. Husband explained I have tinnitus got ignored. Luckily rained after about 4 hours stopped it. Last time I go to any b**dy street parties in my road. Loads kids and disco music at max volume bad combination. Thank god all the fuss over the royals finishes today, sick of seeing pages of it everyday in newspapers and on TV. Normal life resumes tomorrow, not that mine is normal. Deanna, Kent where I live is lovely county. If you ever get Darling buds of May on TV it’s filmed there.🙂

Yeah thumping music and commotion don't go well together with benzo wd.

i

Feel really frazzled, spent evening in house trying block out the thump thump. Husband explained I have tinnitus got ignored. Luckily rained after about 4 hours stopped it. Last time I go to any b**dy street parties in my road. Loads kids and disco music at max volume bad combination. Thank god all the fuss over the royals finishes today, sick of seeing pages of it everyday in newspapers and on TV. Normal life resumes tomorrow, not that mine is normal. Deanna, Kent where I live is lovely county. If you ever get Darling buds of May on TV it’s filmed there.🙂

Leanne - it must be gorgeous there.  I'll try to find that show on my streaming channels :-)

What part of the US do you live in , seem to people from all over on here.? I had read the Royals are popular in US, don’t think the Queen will step down, think he’ll have wait until she pops her clogs!

The stress of the gallbladder stuff has gotten me into a wave, or strengthened whatever one I was in.  I hope all you other waveriders right now are hanging in there.

-AD

AD I am so sorry to hear that you received some unsettling health news.  Try not to stress too much about it and make your wave worse....(I also know it is really easy to say that and very hard to do....).  I guess I'm suggesting to keep everything in perspective.  With benzo recovery could it be just that our digestive system is "off" and this will resolve with more benzo healing?  I am praying for you that this is so.

Thanks for everyone's input on my issue!

For those of you who've had gallbladder pain, was it all the time, intermittent, or related to eating?

Is any medication for it to aid the functioning the kind that would set off benzo sx?

My gallbladder pain was intermittent. Occurring usually after I ate. It makes sense because after eating the gallbladder is stimulated to do it’s job of providing bile for digestion of the food we eat. The pain and symptoms would last about an hour or so then settle down. But by the time it settles it’s nearly time to eat again.

Oh my goodness lady den! That what I feel like is happening to me. I probably have histamine issues too.

Sorry you are in a wave. I’ll just be glad when things get back to normal here. Just been up to our park got a few things on. Then walked back to our road , loads people sitting next to each other, no social distancing, kids all over our drive, thumping music, not my idea of fun at all. Meant to be going to the barbecue later, feel like just hiding in the house. Roll on tomorrow and normality returns. They have already warned Covid cases will rocket, why anyone wants to spend hours squeezed next to crowds other people is beyond me.Just not my bag I’m afraid, already got headache from the thumping music outside my house.

Thumping music is my worst! I can’t stand the bass. Other sounds are pretty manageable but music with thumping bass….can’t do it!

LD - congrats on your upcoming new grandchild!  I hope you're able to see them sooner than later.  This process does rob us off so so much.

Thank you AC! Very kind of you. 🌹

Happy Sunday Everyone!  Hope the day has been good to each of you.  I'm mostly over the virus/wave now, but it seems to have kicked up my blood sugar issues again in that I feel all the familiar symptoms when my blood sugar is low.  So back to eating every 3 hours for a while.  Thanks for the healing thoughts and messages my Friends  :smitten:

I was eagerly following the Royal festivities this WE, I don't know why I like all the pomp and circumstance....I guess I find the tradition fascinating given the history of the Monarchy....And the Queen obviously won't be ruling too much longer.  I wonder what will happen when the time comes for Prince Charles to be crowned.  Living History.  On another British note, I am in love with the scenery of the Cornish coast depicted in the Doc Martin series I'm watching.  I want to visit there someday!!

Leann, I know what you mean when you say others see us as normal, when we feel anything but.  I can assure you that even though my Sx are mostly physical it is the same.  I appear normal and all my symptoms are sensory in nature.  So no broken leg or nasty rash or anything anyone can see.  As far as everyone else sees us, we are  normal looking in every way.  That's the horror of this WD.  No one can ever imagine how intensely uncomfortable it is for as long as it is. It's hell on earth.  If people had any idea, they'd NEVER take the medicine.  I can't even get my niece to understand how horrible it could be.  She's on the Xanax train to hell.

Omg I feel bad for your niece and anybody taking these benzos and zdrugs. You and Leann are right…people do not have a way of feeling what we feel so they could understand because we look perfectly fine on the outside. Now some of us go through a period of not looking well that’s physically obvious. For example weight loss or gain, hair loss/ thinning, pale looking, rashes, “sick” looking, ruined teeth, being unbalanced etc.

But they don’t connect it to WD. I don’t get mad at my family or friends for not understanding. How could they if they can’t feel it? The only ones that understand is those who’s been through it. What I get frustrated with as far as my family is that whether they see it or understand it or not, me telling them is good enough. They know that’s the time to show love support and be there regardless of what they don’t understand. What they have seen is enough to know something isn’t right and they know I’m not faking! Who on earth would be able to accurately fake these symptoms for sooooooo long? Who would go so far as to miss important family events just to keep faking going? Nobody! I believe what happens with our loved ones and friends is the same that happens with us….they get tired of it. Caregiver/ support fatigue. The difference is they can walk away from it but we can’t. Am I right?

The stress of the gallbladder stuff has gotten me into a wave, or strengthened whatever one I was in.  I hope all you other waveriders right now are hanging in there.

-AD

AD I am so sorry to hear that you received some unsettling health news.  Try not to stress too much about it and make your wave worse....(I also know it is really easy to say that and very hard to do....).  I guess I'm suggesting to keep everything in perspective.  With benzo recovery could it be just that our digestive system is "off" and this will resolve with more benzo healing?  I am praying for you that this is so.

For those of you who've had gallbladder pain, was it all the time, intermittent, or related to eating?

Is any medication for it to aid the functioning the kind that would set off benzo sx?

My gallbladder pain was intermittent. Occurring usually after I ate. It makes sense because after eating the gallbladder is stimulated to do it’s job of providing bile for digestion of the food we eat. The pain and symptoms would last about an hour or so then settle down. But by the time it settles it’s nearly time to eat again.

Oh my goodness lady den! That what I feel like is happening to me. I probably have histamine issues too.

Yep probably so. Gallbladder and histamine issues are common in benzo recovery. Have you been to the doctor for a scan?

Omg I feel bad for your niece and anybody taking these benzos and zdrugs. You and Leann are right…people do not have a way of feeling what we feel so they could understand because we look perfectly fine on the outside. Now some of us go through a period of not looking well that’s physically obvious. For example weight loss or gain, hair loss/ thinning, pale looking, rashes, “sick” looking, ruined teeth, being unbalanced etc.

But they don’t connect it to WD. I don’t get mad at my family or friends for not understanding. How could they if they can’t feel it? The only ones that understand is those who’s been through it. What I get frustrated with as far as my family is that whether they see it or understand it or not, me telling them is good enough. They know that’s the time to show love support and be there regardless of what they don’t understand. What they have seen is enough to know something isn’t right and they know I’m not faking! Who on earth would be able to accurately fake these symptoms for sooooooo long? Who would go so far as to miss important family events just to keep faking going? Nobody! I believe what happens with our loved ones and friends is the same that happens with us….they get tired of it. Caregiver/ support fatigue. The difference is they can walk away from it but we can’t. Am I right?

You are right.

I have found they get tired of it and don't want to hear about it anymore.

In my case constantly hearing from family you had anxiety before this is really annoying.

I think it is best to find a phone friend that has/is going through this to discuss/vent with each other.

I am working on that now.

Any further discussion with family is useless.

You are right.

In my case constantly hearing from family you had anxiety before this is really annoying.

I think it is best to find a phone friend that has/is going through this to discuss/vent with each other.

Absolutely right! Stick with the people that understand this. I also think about my family’s suffering too…they also are not exempt from the effects of this. We are in such suffering that I think we forget about that sometimes. It is hard to watch a loved on suffer. To watch them become a shell of who you’ve seen them be all your life. To see them struggle to walk holding onto walls or a walker. To see them shaking, crying, in pain, extremely scared, etc etc for months on end. The worst is them not being able to help or know how to help. But unfortunately they can’t help make it better and we can’t either. Our families or friends have special events going on and the one person missing is us….depending on who it is and what it is, that’s heartbreaking. For example, missing the birth of our grandkids, our kid’s wedding, funerals of loved ones, etc. In their minds….they think somehow we COULD have came but we couldn’t. Those are life events we can’t get a second chance of being there. So this affects everyone else too…not just us. Now, don’t get me wrong, I’m not excusing any family members lack of love support or stepping up when we need them the most. That’s inexcusable seeing that’s what family is for. I’m simply saying we are so wrapped up in our severe suffering to recover that we might forget the impact it has on our family. But, because they don’t get it and walk away….it is best to let them do so and get support from the buddies here. Not everyone in our families can handle this….we barely can ourselves!

Interesting the family stuff is coming up today.  Just last night I gave my parents a call to try to get some help from them given my wife is getting caregivers fatigue and I don't want to burn her out.  They said "when are you going to let go of this benzo withdrawal"?  That really just broke my heart.  Like, I'm deciding to do this and it's just a matter of not having a sufficiently positive attitude?  If only it were there easy. 

Then, my wife had to help me process that too so the call really backfired in relieving her.

AC that was my point exactly!  :thumbsup:

Your coincidental experience from last night is a perfect example of what I’m saying. Our family and friends don’t get it. It’s not they’re fault that they don’t get it. And the ones who are there to support us get caregiver fatigue. We feel bad burning them out but unfortunately they’re the only ones who have stepped up to help. So, what do we do?

I think it’s best to do whatever we can for ourselves when we can to give them as much break as possible. Make sure we tell them often how much we appreciate their unconditional love. Reassure them that we will get better and any token of appreciation we can do is ideal….order flowers for the wife or whoever it is, write them a loving letter, send them to their favorite restaurant etc. I feel this will serve as a good way of associating us with something positive. All they see is the suffering ( negatives). Those little tokens can go a long way.

You are blessed to have a supportive wife. My spouse of 28 years left me. Divorced! So I advise anybody going through this to do the best they can to nurture their relationships as much as possible. Those little things add up and make a big impact.

It's not their fault but I'm still shaken today.  I'm shaken by encountering limits to how much they care about me, or trust me to be truthful in my predicament.  I feel a little more lonely in an already lonely process.

I'm also shaken by my gallbladder news.  So many times I've been relying on an ache, pain, or issue to be "just wd", but this shakes my faith in that a bit too. 

LD, I'm so sorry you lost your spouse over this!

Is the gallbladder stuff, something that can be corrected, if so maybe could be a positive, if it’s treatable? I don’t know much about it, but hopefully as it’s an actual “condition” they can do something.

If it’s any consolation your family can’t be as bad as mine. My mother knew what I was going through, but with sisters help secretly changed her will, replaced me as executor with sister’s friend, sister who saw her once year got everything. When she died last year you can imagine what effect that had. She sure as hell didn’t go to heaven. I’m sure your family do care, but I think unless you had experience in my case with mental health problems, hard to realise impact it has. Really hard on spouses, I feel I’m ruining my husbands life are well, because I’m so limited to what can do.

You are right.

Absolutely right! Stick with the people that understand this. I also think about my family’s suffering too…they also are not exempt from the effects of this. We are in such suffering that I think we forget about that sometimes. It is hard to watch a loved on suffer. To watch them become a shell of who you’ve seen them be all your life. To see them struggle to walk holding onto walls or a walker. To see them shaking, crying, in pain, extremely scared, etc etc for months on end. The worst is them not being able to help or know how to help. But unfortunately they can’t help make it better and we can’t either. Our families or friends have special events going on and the one person missing is us….depending on who it is and what it is, that’s heartbreaking. For example, missing the birth of our grandkids, our kid’s wedding, funerals of loved ones, etc. In their minds….they think somehow we COULD have came but we couldn’t. Those are life events we can’t get a second chance of being there. So this affects everyone else too…not just us. Now, don’t get me wrong, I’m not excusing any family members lack of love support or stepping up when we need them the most. That’s inexcusable seeing that’s what family is for. I’m simply saying we are so wrapped up in our severe suffering to recover that we might forget the impact it has on our family. But, because they don’t get it and walk away….it is best to let them do so and get support from the buddies here. Not everyone in our families can handle this….we barely can ourselves!

Agree, it's definitely not good to miss life events.

Also agree about family...and it's not really fair to them to bring them in my sewer.

The only way I see it is to fake feeling normal and if it gets too bad leave the house for a few hours.

Unfortunately post Covid really ramped up anxiety.

-AD

No it'd been quite the ordeal getting me there. But I am trying Also I am worried they will want to give me medication.

I felt good to see what I was going through typed out <3

Yep probably so. Gallbladder and histamine issues are common in benzo recovery. Have you been to the doctor for a scan?

Is the gallbladder stuff, something that can be corrected, if so maybe could be a positive, if it’s treatable? I don’t know much about it, but hopefully as it’s an actual “condition” they can do something.

If it’s any consolation your family can’t be as bad as mine. My mother knew what I was going through, but with sisters help secretly changed her will, replaced me as executor with sister’s friend, sister who saw her once year got everything. When she died last year you can imagine what effect that had. She sure as hell didn’t go to heaven. I’m sure your family do care, but I think unless you had experience in my case with mental health problems, hard to realise impact it has. Really hard on spouses, I feel I’m ruining my husbands life are well, because I’m so limited to what can do.

Leanne! I really feel you. I hate needing them around and wish they could escape for awhile. I wish I could escape for awhile!

AccidentalDependant

I'm sorry you had to deal with that phone call. I had to process my brother's view of the situation and it was hard. Questions just kept circling in my mind with no answers. It put me into a state. I needed someone, anyone to explain to me. Of course my partner was the one to do it. It's so hard to know they are going through this. I think about others close to me and think: My partner spends all this effort and time for me. Surly you can spare something so they can have a break.

I also have been relying on all pain to be WD related. I do fear getting things checked out. I will be getting my gallbladder check whenever they can fit me in. But I don't feel in a mental state to leave the house.

I have tried to get my husband to go away on his own but he won’t. Sorry you are housebound. Have you chatted to LadyDen, think she’s pretty much housebound, but radiates so much positivity, she’s real inspiration, might help you. Even though I can get out, I don’t have the positivity she has.

Stitch, I'm sorry you might be having gallbladder issues too.  Let us know how it goes once you've had it checked.

Leann, yeah gallbladder stuff can be corrected with either supplementation (LL did this), or routine surgery to remove (as LD said she did).  So that's good it has a "cure" unlike benzo wd.  Of course surgery is scary in its own way. 

I'm sorry to hear about your family situation- that sounds downright malicious where mine is more not understanding and frustrated with me. 

Morning hugs Yearlings! Great posts here. I’m loving the support in this thread. You all are doing well under the circumstances and me too. I’m so proud of us. We have come a long way but have a short ways to go yet. We’re getting there day by day. Please keep in mind that there was obviously much injury to our brains so it will take time for us to heal. Each of us in our own ways. In our own pace. In our own patterns. As we do that, there’s going to be scars left from this traumatic experience. There’s no way anybody can go through something like this unscathed. It’s why I think it’s a good idea to take time for self love throughout this whole process. You all are right that it’s hard to ignore who’s here for us and who isn’t. But, we must do our best to make peace with it and not allow the stress to take root. The result will be uptick in symptoms. My heart goes out to all of you who has family issues. It’s not easy! But we are still here fighting for our health and our lives back to normal. Keep up the good work!  :thumbsup:

AC thank you for your compassion. After the smoke cleared when he left God let me know this….

“ he didn’t leave you! I made him free you!” That alone made me be alright.  ;) I’m confident that he has much better plans for me. All I’m doing is waiting on them to manifest. May today be better for you. 🤗

Stitch you’ll be able to escape soon. We all will be going on vacations and having a ball. I’m so excited about that. I have so many places I want to go. Things I want to do again. I already have a plan to do a staycation here in my city first to test things out. And I hope you don’t have GB issues too. Have a good day today 🤗

Leann I’m glad that if you wanted to that you could go somewhere. It’s very difficult to be forced by symptoms to stay home month after month. To keep it from making me depressed, I get real creative. 😆 Helps with being bored. Until I heal enough, I travel the world by internet. Wow I’ve learned a lot and seen beautiful things. You know I’ve thought about it….I live here in the USA and haven’t been to even half the states here. Each state has plenty of things to explore. So I’ll start here on my own turf. Hope your day is brighter today. 🤗

Deanna are you feeling any better? Any new symptoms or shifts- good or bad? Hope you’re getting some sunlight if you can. Have a great day 🤗 Ohhhh….are you watching anything good? I need another series to try.

GG pop in my dear. Are you still on the mend? Have you been in your garden? Have a lovely day 🤗

IWILL, yes I fake a lot with my family and friends too. Well….it’s more to correct to say I push through when they’re around. If I can. Especially when my granddaughters are visiting. I try to take advantage of the moments I have with them to make memories. It’s so dang gone hard sometimes! To be honest most of what we do is faking it. You’re so right. But we must do what we must when we have to. Life doesn’t stop just because we’re sick. But OMG I wish I was healed so I can keep up with it a little better. Well…we are getting there. Even if we don’t see it. One Groundhog Day after another. We are healing! Hope you do something today that puts a big smile on your face 🤗 thank you for sharing with me. And I’m not sure if I gave you a proper welcome….so …

WELCOME IWILL! Awesome to have you! 🌹

I'm still struggling with my gallbladder stress wave.  I'm trying to convince myself that means I'm doing extra healing, but it's hard not to be disappointed when a little elevated stress can cause such havoc much less additional meds!

Hello to all! Sending out warm love and healing thoughts. Sorry that people are struggling with their families. I know it's difficult for people to understand what we're going through. I'm still in a very bad wave. Waiting for it to lighten up or something. Struggling more than ever. Many symptoms cycling and also hitting me all at the same time. I know some deep healing must be going on but it definitely isn't easy. Here's hoping we all pull through this sooner rather than later.

LiveLife