12-24 months and up support group

[La...]

Hello to all.

LadyDen, thank you once again for the encouragement. That's exactly what I'm hoping for a big payoff from this horrible wave I've been enduring. How have you been doing?

Leann, I'm sorry you're in a wave again. But I'm sure it's going to end soon it sounds like you had a really nice window and that is a great sign. If you've had a good window you can plan on seeing one again. I know it's so difficult when you're in a wave it feels like it's never going to end. It's our brain tricking us.

JBen, I'm sorry to hear that you're struggling again I'm right there with you. Hopefully we can pull out of this sooner rather than later. Sure hope you get some good news about your MRI please let us know.

Hugs to all!

LiveLife

Just stopping in to say hello and give an update. I’m 29 months and 5 days Benzo free and doing well. I still have symptoms at times, but the fear and anxiety are gone. I’m doing things that I have not done in a long time. I am most grateful to God every day, and praying the worst is behind me.

I pray for each of you every day. Sending hugs of comfort, peace and healing.🥰

Sandy

Hello Sandy!  :) I’m so glad to hear that you’re doing much better as well as enjoying your life again. As always it’s good to hear from you. Thank you for popping in to give us an update. I’m so looking forward to posting a good update on my recovery soon too. Right now I’m not feeling so well. Morning dread and waves are kicking my butt. I’m not too far behind you so this is very encouraging to me to see that you are much better. I’ll hang onto that. Again thank you for this message because I really needed it this morning. Sending you continued healing wishes. And a warm virtual hug 🤗

Way to go! Looks like you’ve entered the clearing after coming through the harsh benzo forest. So enjoy yourself. You earned it sweetheart.

:smitten:

Hi all: LadyD, Sandy, Leann, Livelife, Accidental, Deanna, did I miss anyone.  It looks like a few folks are making some progress!  That is exciting news. 

Congrats Sandy.  I am so glad to see you making some real leaps in healing.

For those of us still struggling our time will come.  I am confident of that!

I am 7 months out from my setback and 17.5 months from jumping ativan.  I had some good improvement two months ago but these last two months the progress is so small I cant even measure it.  Sigh.  My fractured foot is also still not healing.  I am not sure why.  Had the MRI this past Saturday night so it will be 2 weeks before I get back results.  Fingers crossed I dont have to have any kind of surgery!!

Anyway.  Hugs to everyone.  :smitten:

Hugs JB! Good to see you checking in as well. I’m praying for good results on your MRI. I was kind of shocked that it will take 2 weeks to get the results. I wonder why so long?

And yes I’m jumping on the confidence wagon with you. Because our time is coming…it’s in the making.

I’ve also seen improvements and felt better a week ago. It lasted two months nearly. But the past week including this one has been back to more waves, more intense waves, more intense morning dread again and uptick in my balance/ walking symptom. I’m not scared of this unpleasant backwards stride but definitely I’m disappointed because I’d like to be able to go for walks consistently and of course continue to enjoy the new things that I’ve been able to do. I’m well aware of this back and forth nature of this but it doesn’t mean that I have to like it, right? So at 23 months and 1 week, here I am still doing my best to stay positive and keep myself distracted until I come out of this backwards rut. My improvements also seem to be at a standstill. I’m sure we both have had some more healing but it’s so small that we don’t see it. Typical in this, right? I’m very proud of your progress. You are certainly a warrior. I really hope your foot heals rather quickly. I’m sure that is such an added burden that is limiting you….frustratingly so. Sending you hugs and get well wishes!

:smitten:

Leann hang in there. All is not loss. You are improving. Didn’t you just go to a park and did alright? Wow that is awesome! It speaks loudly that you have healed a bit more. So please be encouraged. You have not ruined your life or your husband’s. I know it feels that way. But, it isn’t your fault that you these pills did this to you and your husband. We all have been done this way and unfortunately our loved ones are forced to helplessly sit and watch our suffering. It’s hard on them. But isn’t that what loved ones do? Be there for each other through the good or bad sickness or health. I’m sure he loves you very much.

Thanks as always Lady D. Pushed myself bit too much going to park can panic attack when git back. So hard to know when try to do more Then my eyes been funny watching TV at night, have had if before in withdrawal. Tried sitting closer seems sorted it, hopefully just blip. Just any progress glacially slow. We’ve got a party in our street Sunday for Queens Jubilee. Will be a distraction and in our road so won’t have go out my comfort zone. How are you doing?

Wow a street party? Queen Jubilee…I don’t think I’ve heard of that. Please explain it to me. What is it? Why is it done? How long does it last? What do they do on the street? Etc.

Guess what? I’m also having symptoms circling back including blurry eyes randomly and spots of lights in my vision. It definitely sucks to feel like we’re going backwards. As soon as I woke up this morning I knew I felt like crap. As a matter of fact this uptick in my dread and more intense wave woke me up this morning. It’s rough for me too. Hopefully as the day goes along we both will feel better. My progress has seemed to have slowed to a crawl as well. I was doing much better about a week or two ago. This sucks! So all we can do is accept where we’re at and wait. I’m more unbalanced again. More boats again. Pulling sensation again etc etc etc. But I’m hanging on to the fact that it’s temporary. What are your plans for today?

Sending you hugs 🤗

Hello to all.

LadyDen, thank you once again for the encouragement. That's exactly what I'm hoping for a big payoff from this horrible wave I've been enduring. How have you been doing?

Leann, I'm sorry you're in a wave again. But I'm sure it's going to end soon it sounds like you had a really nice window and that is a great sign. If you've had a good window you can plan on seeing one again. I know it's so difficult when you're in a wave it feels like it's never going to end. It's our brain tricking us.

JBen, I'm sorry to hear that you're struggling again I'm right there with you. Hopefully we can pull out of this sooner rather than later. Sure hope you get some good news about your MRI please let us know.

Hugs to all!

LiveLife

Morning hugs to you Live. I’m in the same boat as everyone else…. Uptick in symptoms/ more intense waves etc.  And you’re so right that when we’re in a wave it feels never ending but as we well know that they do end. Thank God, right? All we can do is hang on hang tight and hang in there. But wow is my grip getting weak this morning! In the words of a dog….RUFF! So I guess me you JB Leann and whoever else will be doing our best to just get through today. Distract distract then distract some more. I’m right now as I type getting my coping plan scheduled in my mind. When I’m done replying on here, I’m logging off and probably will go on YouTube to visit a zoo or museum. Perhaps both to pass some time until this lets up. I’ve got vibrating moderately, tummy upset with loose stools, pulling sensation, weird head pressure, slightly nauseous, muscle tension/ muscle cramps moderately they’re usually mild, loud ringing ears, overall not feeling well feeling, neck discomfort, visual disturbances, more intense boatiness, right ear and sinus popping and waves back to back. Must be fine tuning for real.

I’m sorry you’re getting your butt kicked too. Sending you hug and feel better wishes.

Leann hang in there. All is not loss. You are improving. Didn’t you just go to a park and did alright? Wow that is awesome! It speaks loudly that you have healed a bit more. So please be encouraged. You have not ruined your life or your husband’s. I know it feels that way. But, it isn’t your fault that you these pills did this to you and your husband. We all have been done this way and unfortunately our loved ones are forced to helplessly sit and watch our suffering. It’s hard on them. But isn’t that what loved ones do? Be there for each other through the good or bad sickness or health. I’m sure he loves you very much.

Thanks as always Lady D. Pushed myself bit too much going to park can panic attack when git back. So hard to know when try to do more Then my eyes been funny watching TV at night, have had if before in withdrawal. Tried sitting closer seems sorted it, hopefully just blip. Just any progress glacially slow. We’ve got a party in our street Sunday for Queens Jubilee. Will be a distraction and in our road so won’t have go out my comfort zone. How are you doing?

Wow a street party? Queen Jubilee…I don’t think I’ve heard of that. Please explain it to me. What is it? Why is it done? How long does it last? What do they do on the street? Etc.

Guess what? I’m also having symptoms circling back including blurry eyes randomly and spots of lights in my vision. It definitely sucks to feel like we’re going backwards. As soon as I woke up this morning I knew I felt like crap. As a matter of fact this uptick in my dread and more intense wave woke me up this morning. It’s rough for me too. Hopefully as the day goes along we both will feel better. My progress has seemed to have slowed to a crawl as well. I was doing much better about a week or two ago. This sucks! So all we can do is accept where we’re at and wait. I’m more unbalanced again. More boats again. Pulling sensation again etc etc etc. But I’m hanging on to the fact that it’s temporary. What are your plans for today?

Sending you hugs 🤗

Sorry you are still feeling bad. Seems we are all suffering. Queen been on throne 70 years so lot big celebrations here. Harry and Megan actually coming over, no doubt with Netflix film crew and Oprah probably as well! They are having various bands in our local park going to  in afternoon, then barbecue in our road in the evening. We all sit around on picnic chairs and eat and drink and chat, Been invited to a friends 60 th at a hotel in our nearest town. Husband going on his own no way I could cope. This when I get frustrated, so many things I have missed. Friends son died couple years ago, they all went up on coach to London for funeral, I just had panic attack at thought of it. Think maybe coz I’m older it feels worse, less time to make up for what I’ve missed. I have been going out couple times most day maybe that’s revving things up bit. Just got so frustrated when I do all things meant to according CBT therapists, but still get stupid anxiety. Have been watching a video of therapist , who was describing how you can get benzo induced ocd , which reassured me I’m not going crazy. Hope things soon improve for you  so  frustrating isn’t it when we seem go backwards. You are so supportive of others really hope you get a break soon😒

Sandy,

I'm so sorry somehow I missed your post. So happy to hear you're doing as well as you are. Sending you much love and hugs! Keep going.

LadyDen,

Wow! I'm so sorry to hear you're struggling so much. But it's wonderful you're able to distract. The only thing I'm able to really do is to take a walk and I have done that but the rest of the day is pretty much unbearable. Let's hope this fine tuning wave passes for us and we are getting that much closer to the finish line. Sending much love and hugs your way.

LiveLife

Sending you hugs 🤗

Sorry you are still feeling bad. Seems we are all suffering. Queen been on throne 70 years so lot big celebrations here. Harry and Megan actually coming over, no doubt with Netflix film crew and Oprah probably as well! They are having various bands in our local park going to  in afternoon, then barbecue in our road in the evening. We all sit around on picnic chairs and eat and drink and chat, Been invited to a friends 60 th at a hotel in our nearest town. Husband going on his own no way I could cope. This when I get frustrated, so many things I have missed. Friends son died couple years ago, they all went up on coach to London for funeral, I just had panic attack at thought of it. Think maybe coz I’m older it feels worse, less time to make up for what I’ve missed. I have been going out couple times most day maybe that’s revving things up bit. Just got so frustrated when I do all things meant to according CBT therapists, but still get stupid anxiety. Have been watching a video of therapist , who was describing how you can get benzo induced ocd , which reassured me I’m not going crazy. Hope things soon improve for you  so  frustrating isn’t it when we seem go backwards. You are so supportive of others really hope you get a break soon😒

No you are not going crazy.  :mybuddy::hug:

Thanks for explaining the queen jubilee. It sounds fun. Hopefully you will turn a corner soon and join your friends in attending events. I want you to have a blast when you do! And you will.  :thumbsup:

Big hugs to you my dear friend 🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

Sandy,

I'm so sorry somehow I missed your post. So happy to hear you're doing as well as you are. Sending you much love and hugs! Keep going.

LadyDen,

Wow! I'm so sorry to hear you're struggling so much. But it's wonderful you're able to distract. The only thing I'm able to really do is to take a walk and I have done that but the rest of the day is pretty much unbearable. Let's hope this fine tuning wave passes for us and we are getting that much closer to the finish line. Sending much love and hugs your way.

LiveLife

Hugs your way too, Live. Thank you for the well wishes. Maybe both of us will be better by tomorrow. Even though you did a walk, that’s still something  :thumbsup:  way to go!!!!!

Have you ever done wordle. I do it every day try to challenge myself. Sometimes struggle as it’s  an American who sets it so sometimes spelling different to us.

Yes I’ve played that game but I get bored with it quickly. I play scrabble and other challenging games. Hope you have a good day today. Big hugs 🤗

Not quite so bad today. Husband playing golf so cut the grass, and cleaning outside our conservatory, and garage  trying keep busy!

Hi Everyone!  I see there are many of us still struggling, so I want to say hang in there because it will eventually get better and windows will return.  Unfortunately we never know WHEN and that is the eternal problem! 

I had been doing pretty well, gardening and keeping busy.  The exercise helped to reduce the fatigue for awhile but the more I keep at it I became fatigued and in a bit more pain again.  So I'm threading a needle.  And then out of nowhere I got hit with either food poisoning or a stomach virus and spent the night hugging the toilet  :tickedoff:  That has kicked my @$$ back on to the couch again.  So I thought I'd catch up with you all.

It's always something.  I'm thinking at my age it will ALWAYS be something....I am wishing all of you continued healing!!  :smitten:

Hard to know right thing to do .I’ve been going to shops in morning then walk in afternoon. Last few days been awful. Thinking maybe doing too much, might go back to just a walk once a day. Someone posted they were jealous of people with mental symptoms, people have no idea how awful it is to feel you are actually crazy how hard it is to constantly fight your own brain. Maybe I should avoid the post withdrawal board, people here much more supportive🙂

Hello all my dear buddies.  After taking a short sabbatical and feeling 90% healed, I came on board this morning and just read Deanna’s post!  Oh my gosh…the same thing has happened to me.  After a long and lovely window, last week I came down with a large blister on my lower lip, which I have gotten in the past when I am about to come down with something.  So, following the fever blister outbreak, on Thursday of last week I had a kitchen cabinet company here to give me a quote for repainting my cabinets, at which time I started to feel unwell and tired.  By Friday I was having some flu like symptoms and lots of stomach issues, i.e., bloating, diarrhea and nausea.  Then the headache came and fast forward to today when I am still feeling unwell. My doctor actually had me take a drive through Covid test yesterday as he is seeing about 3 to 4 patients a day with symptoms similar to mine who actually have Covid.  My test came back negative this morning, so it looks as if I may have the same thing Deanna has.  Several people I know, including the PA in my doctor’s office, either have a stomach virus themselves or knows of someone who does.

So the merry go round continues with the window and wave pattern.  The good news is that my baseline will probably be much higher after this wave and I can return to feeling great once again!

It always gets better, for me at least, and I will once again forget the misery a wave can bring.

I see that you, LadyDen, are having a rough time at the 23rd month mark, but still locking wrists with all of your followers and admirers.  Aren’t we fortunate to have such a strong, optimistic, funny, inspirational warrior woman to lead us through the rough waters we are often faced with?  Love you, Lady Den, and send hugs to you and all others who are looking to see the light at the end of the tunnel.  I have seen it and even though it has dimmed once again, I know the final healing is close at hand!

Leann, you sound so much better…..keep it up!  You are making progress and I can hear it loud and clear.

Deanna, I hope you feel better soon!  Keep us posted.

Hugs,

GG

Hello to all.

LadyDen,

Hope you are doing better today. I still struggle with a fear filled night and I'm in the same place pretty much today hoping as the day goes on things will lighten up. Sure would like to turn the corner soon. Hopefully for both of us!

Deanna,

Sounds like you were able to do quite a bit which is good. Just rest up now this will pass and you'll get a better Baseline.

Leann,

Good for you staying busy and distracting. You definitely sound so much better. You're going to be finished before you know it.

GG,

So good to hear from you. But wish it was better news. Although we know how this goes very nonlinear. As you said once you get through this you're probably be doing even better than ever, could be your last wave.

This Groundhog Day is getting really old. So many horrible symptoms! Ready for it to be done.

Hugs to all!

LiveLife

LL, LD,

I read in old threads you had your gallbladders looked at.  I've been having upper right abdomen pain and odd stool so the GI doc recommended a Hida scan.  It's Wednesday.  Have either of you had one of those?

-AD

Yes I had a Hida scan. Mine showed my gallbladder was barely functioning. I had surgery to remove it. Immediately felt better  :thumbsup: 

It did take some time for my digestive system to handle fats without a gallbladder but it’s not that hard to endure. Slowly over time, I increased my fat intake. It’s not a coincidence to me that many have gallbladder issues while on benzo and drugs. Before Ambien, I NEVER had stomach issues or balance issues. I had an ultrasound which showed nothing but my doctor knew something wasn’t right so she sent me for the Hida scan. She was right! It looked normal but wasn’t functioning very well.

The gallbladder removal was definitely needed in my case. Please keep me posted.

I just had the scan and waiting on results.  I seemed to handle it ok physically, but it was stressful and now I feel keyed up and more in a wave.  I do think it was from the stress though and neither of the scan substances.  I was injected with radioactive dye and then the hormone which stimulates the gallbladder.  They confirmed there were no drugs they were using, per se. 

I am stressed about what they will find :-(

Hello all my dear buddies.  After taking a short sabbatical and feeling 90% healed, I came on board this morning and just read Deanna’s post!  Oh my gosh…the same thing has happened to me.  After a long and lovely window, last week I came down with a large blister on my lower lip, which I have gotten in the past when I am about to come down with something.  So, following the fever blister outbreak, on Thursday of last week I had a kitchen cabinet company here to give me a quote for repainting my cabinets. I started to feel unwell and tired.  By Friday I was having some flu like symptoms and lots of stomach issues, i.e., bloating, diarrhea and nausea.  Then the headache came and fast forward to today when I am still feeling unwell. My doctor actually had me take a drive through Covid test yesterday as he is seeing about 3 to 4 patients a day with symptoms similar to mine who actually have Covid.  My test came back negative this morning, so it looks as if I may have the same thing Deanna has.  Several people I know, including the PA in my doctor’s office, either have a stomach virus themselves or knows of someone who does.

So the merry go round continues with the window and wave pattern.  The good news is that my baseline will probably be much higher after this wave and I can return to feeling great once again!

It always gets better, for me at least, and I will once again forget the misery a wave can bring.

I see that you, LadyDen, are having a rough time at the 23rd month mark, but still locking wrists with all of your followers and admirers.  Aren’t we fortunate to have such a strong, optimistic, funny, inspirational warrior woman to lead us through the rough waters we are often faced with?  Love you, Lady Den, and send hugs to you and all others who are looking to see the light at the end of the tunnel.  I have seen it and even though it has dimmed once again, I know the final healing is close at hand!

Leann, you sound so much better…..keep it up!  You are making progress and I can hear it loud and clear.

Deanna, I hope you feel better soon!  Keep us posted.

Hugs,

GG

OMG GG!  I had a series of fever blisters this week too! Just before I got the stomach thing!  I used to get them all the time when I was younger and under stress, but throughout this whole benzo journey never had one, and yet these last 2 years experience had to have been the most stressful thing my body has ever been through!  And my stomach has settled but feeling that headache you were talking about.  My hubby had something too last week stomach wise, but a bit different symptoms.  Very interesting to hear that there is something going around.  Thanks for responding  :smitten:

Leann you really do sound better!  Just keep doingwhat you're doing, maybe ease up a bit on the physical exercise.  I know that it is so easy to overdo things.  Rest up and have faith.  You're getting there as we all are.

LadyD - I am so sorry you are struggling again but you know it will ease up and you'll get back into those windows!  I promise!

Wow, Deanna, this is almost like the Twilight Zone with us having such similar symptoms and our hubbys also having some unpleasant symptoms.  You can't make this stuff up, can you?  And, like you, I have been gardening alot in the sun and heat.  Right now my stomach has calmed down, but still have the headache.

Let's hope tomorrow brings a lovely window or, at the least, a dampening down of our symptoms!

What month are you in?  I just celebrated my 26th month.  Time to completely heal wouldn't you say!

Hugs,

GG

Accidentaldependent,

So happy to hear that you have the scan behind you now. And I'm sure the stress of it is what's flared you up a bit. Just try to stay calm and hope for the best. Sending you warm love and healing thoughts!

LiveLife

Hi Accidental, just wanted to say I am thinking of you and hoping that your test results are reassuring.  I had a year of pain many years ago that ended with my gall bladder being taken out.  I felt great and was moving furniture around within a couple of days.

Good Luck!

LiveLife, you continue to amaze me!!!!!!  With all your groundhog days of unrelenting symptoms, you are always ready to give hope and support to so many of us. I pray that you will soon fall into a lovely window and stay there.

Hugs,

GG

Hope you soon feel better Lady Den, you boost us all up so much,  very unfair you get hit with a wave. My husband played golf today, he got a reprieve from me for a day!

Hi Everyone!  I see there are many of us still struggling, so I want to say hang in there because it will eventually get better and windows will return.  Unfortunately we never know WHEN and that is the eternal problem! 

I had been doing pretty well, gardening and keeping busy.  The exercise helped to reduce the fatigue for awhile but the more I keep at it I became fatigued and in a bit more pain again.  So I'm threading a needle.  And then out of nowhere I got hit with either food poisoning or a stomach virus and spent the night hugging the toilet  :tickedoff:  That has kicked my @$$ back on to the couch again.  So I thought I'd catch up with you all.

It's always something.  I'm thinking at my age it will ALWAYS be something....I am wishing all of you continued healing!!  :smitten:

Wow girl. I hope you’re feeling better now. Sorry about the stomach bug. Thanks for checking in. Glad you’re doing fine otherwise.

Love hugs and get well soon

Hello LadyDen.  How are you feeling today?  I have been thinking about you and am saddened to hear that you are in a nasty wave.  Please feel better soon!!!!

Love and hugs,

GG

Hard to know right thing to do .I’ve been going to shops in morning then walk in afternoon. Last few days been awful. Thinking maybe doing too much, might go back to just a walk once a day. Someone posted they were jealous of people with mental symptoms, people have no idea how awful it is to feel you are actually crazy how hard it is to constantly fight your own brain. Maybe I should avoid the post withdrawal board, people here much more supportive🙂

Leann yes you could scale back a bit to see if it makes a difference. I’m glad you’re able to do some things and catching somewhat of a break. Way to go sweetie. Hang in there. I’ve not been able to do much walking due to getting slammed again. I guess I’m having the 2 year milestone wave. Wow it sucks!

Personally I think whether our symptoms are mental or physical or both…it’s all hell. Right? Mine has mostly been physical- 90%. I’ve been completely bedridden at its mercy whenever it decides to let me be upright. So I feel everyone has their own worst symptoms in this so it’s no sense for people to compare. None of it is good ever. Right? And IMO if someone is dealing with both mental and physical I’d think logically they have it the worst…..if we have to pick.

Sending you love and hugs and ALWAYS my support.

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: