12-24 months and up support group

[La...]

Hello All!

Another update  :(  Just tested positive for COVID - my husband must have brought it home...He is coughing and not so bad but I have a fever, headache, sinus congestion, etc.  Arghhhhh, I JUST got over that stomach virus!!!!

I don't think I have a terrible case, but I certainly can't wait for it to be gone.  As I told my husband and daughter: I'm so sick of feeling ill, and I worked so hard to NOT catch COVID!  I was just thinking about getting a second booster.  Well I guess I don't need that now  :tickedoff:

I am hoping the rest of you better health and happiness....Thanks for being here  :smitten:

What!!! Oh noooooo Deanna! I’m so sorry. This is the last thing you need. I’m praying for you. Get well soon. I’m here if you need me. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️  Please keep me posted.

Hey everyone, thanks for those of you providing input on my gallbladder issue. 

Deanna , I'm sorry to hear you have covid and hope that it continues to be mild for you.  I know it's extra stress that you don't need.  I know covid is scary with all we've seen on the news and here but try to treat it like any illness.... Like the one you just got over, which is really not fair! 

On the benzo side, my sleep continues to be poor and I'm getting cortisol surges in the evening after being ok all day.  This is a change in pattern from the rest of my wd.  Before I could predictably get morning anxiety, calm down in the afternoon, hey to sleep ok, but then wake up at 4am heart racing with the cortisol surge.  Now things kick up in the evening and I struggle and through the night, waking many times and starting earlier around 1.  It's very frustrating and I feel like I'm going backwards.  My March window seems really far away and like an aberation.  It's very frustrating and discouraging.

It feels bad but your new shift is actually a good thing! Every time I’ve had a shift, my baseline improved after it shifted again. My last shift started my night waves, sleep disturbances and morning dread. In time they become milder then fade away. Hang in there. It is discouraging and frustrating as you said. It gives a FALSE impression that you are getting worse but you’re not. Your brain simply has shifted to another “ worksite” that needs some repair.  :thumbsup:

Hello everyone!  Firstly, Deanna, I am so sorry you now have Covid!!!!  But, it does sound like you have a mild case….let’s hope you recover quickly.

I send warm and healing wishes to all the rest of you on this wonderfully supportive BWD board.

Now, here is my update which is kind of a scary one, for me anyway: As I posted earlier in the month, I came down with a suspected stomach bug, which I may have had.  However, I have been experiencing very painful pelvic and lower abdominal pain, along with chills and some nausea.  A UTI test came back negative and a complete blood work showed all normal.  Because I continued to feel awful and this was beyond BWD, I went yesterday, as prescribed by my GP, and had a cat scan of the pelvis and abdomen, which only showed a cyst on my left ovary and did not suspicious.  This morning I was so very ill that I got an emergency appointment with my OBGYN.  She looked at my cat scan and reviewed my blood work, examined me, and concluded that I had a major bacterial infection in my female parts that was not responding to the Ceftin antibiotic that my GP had started me on, and that we needed to bring out the big guns to stop this infection, as it could quickly turn into sepsis.  She has written me a prescription for Clindamycin, a drug known for getting rid of bacteria fast.  She was firm in saying that if this infection is not gotten under control quickly, I could become septic.  So, even though I dread taking the drug, I am also more afraid of getting sepsis.  Plus, it was relief to know that I have no signs of ovarian cancer, which came up yesterday while I was having the scan. 

Overall, all my tests show I am in pretty good health for a 75 year old.  Just three weeks ago, I was gardening to my heart’s content, and I look forward to doing the same again soon.

Any support would be enormously appreciated as I settle down for the time being.

Hugs,

GG

Dea,

I'm so sorry to hear that you got covid. But as everyone else said it does sound like what you're saying it's a mild case so let's hope that you get past this quickly and are going to be doing better than ever soon.

Accidental,

I understand how you feel. Hoping this wave you're in is going to be a good sign of deep healing and when you come out of it things are going to be greatly improved.

GG,

I'm so sorry you have an infection. But at least you figured it out and now you have something to treat it with and you know exactly what needs to be done. Hoping that you pull through this ASAP like you did the last time with the infection you had.

LadyDen,

I'm so happy that you're doing better and that your wave is passing.

I continue to struggle severely in a very intense wave. I'm getting close to the 25 month mark and sure hoping that this passes for me soon

Sending warm love and healing thoughts to everyone!

LiveLife

Well, the good news is that we are all here for each other, through both good and bad times.  For the first time through my now 27th month bwd journey, I am not afraid of an antibiotic.  It sure beats having a diagnosis of ovarian cancer, which I was so afraid of.  And, I have not had any trouble with the Ceftin antibiotic which I have been taking for three days, which I also took last January for 10 days with no side affects.  I think I am far enough out that antibiotics are not going to do too much damage.  I will take the additional Clindamycin for an additional five days….my GP says I should start to feel better over the weekend!

LiveLife, I so want you to have some relief from your symptoms!  You, the strongest of the strong and supporter of so many of us deserve to have many, many days under a healing sun.  You are special!!!!

Accidental, keep the faith…you are healing even when you feel the worst, hard as it is to believe.  There are so many buddies who have walked the walk and talked the talk, and came out on the other side…why would you be any different?  You won’t.  You will heal😜😜😜😜

Deanna, keep improving so you can get back to your joy of gardening!

Lady Den, simply, I love you and so value all your encouragement, wisdom, and downright LOL stand up comedy shtick!

Everyone, have the best weekend you can🙏

Hugs,

GG

GG,

I too had pelvic pain that sent me to the ER, they also said I had ovarian cyst, so we are twins in a lot of ways. You are STRONG and you sound it in your writing. Here's to putting to good use all the healing tools you used in BWD. I am always thinking of you and I have missed my doses of GG this summer.  :smitten:

..and as for me I am not done with this beast but keeping busy w summer school to distract and then take a couple weeks in July to rest and also to visit a friend in Montana ( a welcome distraction - as long as I don't mess it up with a benzo slip up diet, etc., etc.,)

Hello Dear Kanoba.  Yes, we are twinning in so many ways with our head and female issues, and our strong and positive attitudes toward surviving this crazy bwd.  What did you do about the ovarian cyst?  My OBGYN said that is not what is causing me problems, but that I have a bad bacterial infection throughout my abdomen and female parts.  She scared me into taking the Clindamycin and to continue on the Ceftin.  I sure hope my stomach holds up!!!!  Have you taken any antibiotics since you have been recovering? 

Your traveling sounds exciting and I hope you enjoy every minute of it!

Chat back whenever you like….always happy to hear from you.

Hugs,

GG

Hi Again Everyone!  Wow we are a bunch aren't we?  I had a bad couple days of severe headache and fever but I seem to be much better today so I am grateful that I'm clearing things out quickly.  Hopefully the progress continues.  I already feel the post-viral wave in the form of nerve pain so it seems I'm on my typical track.  Hoping that I can achieve baseline quickly and continue the journey.

GG!  You are such a trooper!  Thank goodness you are so diligent and following up your symptoms otherwise you would have really been in a pickle!!  So happy that you can handle the antibiotic.  I'm thinking of you and looking forward to hearing about you back in your garden :-)

AD - I also think this shift in pattern can signal a soon-to-be future improvement.  I often feel crappy BWD-wise and then things improve to a new higher baseline.  It demonstrates how complex and slow our recovery is, but heading in the right direction.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and good wishes.  We are navigating crazy times these days.

I have not taken any antibiotics but I will be praying for you, I work at a religious school and will be sending special energy for you!

Deanna, so relieved to hear that you are already feeling better!  I was worried about you, but you are so such a trooper that I knew you would handle whatever was tossed at you in your “pull up your big girl panties and deal with it” way😍

Stay in touch all…we need each other!

Hugs,

GG

Hello everyone!  Firstly, Deanna, I am so sorry you now have Covid!!!!  But, it does sound like you have a mild case….let’s hope you recover quickly.

I send warm and healing wishes to all the rest of you on this wonderfully supportive BWD board.

Now, here is my update which is kind of a scary one, for me anyway: As I posted earlier in the month, I came down with a suspected stomach bug, which I may have had.  However, I have been experiencing very painful pelvic and lower abdominal pain, along with chills and some nausea.  A UTI test came back negative and a complete blood work showed all normal.  Because I continued to feel awful and this was beyond BWD, I went yesterday, as prescribed by my GP, and had a cat scan of the pelvis and abdomen, which only showed a cyst on my left ovary and did not suspicious.  This morning I was so very ill that I got an emergency appointment with my OBGYN.  She looked at my cat scan and reviewed my blood work, examined me, and concluded that I had a major bacterial infection in my female parts that was not responding to the Ceftin antibiotic that my GP had started me on, and that we needed to bring out the big guns to stop this infection, as it could quickly turn into sepsis.  She has written me a prescription for Clindamycin, a drug known for getting rid of bacteria fast.  She was firm in saying that if this infection is not gotten under control quickly, I could become septic.  So, even though I dread taking the drug, I am also more afraid of getting sepsis.  Plus, it was relief to know that I have no signs of ovarian cancer, which came up yesterday while I was having the scan. 

Overall, all my tests show I am in pretty good health for a 75 year old.  Just three weeks ago, I was gardening to my heart’s content, and I look forward to doing the same again soon.

Any support would be enormously appreciated as I settle down for the time being.

Hugs,

GG

GG I’m sorry that you’re going through this. But your doctor sounds thorough so you’re in good hands. I pray that you get well soon. Hopefully you won’t have any upticks from the antibiotic. As you said your 27 months will be a buffer to that happening. 🙏

Please rest and know you’ll get back to your garden soon. Sending you love hugs and healing vibes.

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️🥰🌹

Dea,

I'm so sorry to hear that you got covid. But as everyone else said it does sound like what you're saying it's a mild case so let's hope that you get past this quickly and are going to be doing better than ever soon.

Accidental,

I understand how you feel. Hoping this wave you're in is going to be a good sign of deep healing and when you come out of it things are going to be greatly improved.

GG,

I'm so sorry you have an infection. But at least you figured it out and now you have something to treat it with and you know exactly what needs to be done. Hoping that you pull through this ASAP like you did the last time with the infection you had.

LadyDen,

I'm so happy that you're doing better and that your wave is passing.

I continue to struggle severely in a very intense wave. I'm getting close to the 25 month mark and sure hoping that this passes for me soon

Sending warm love and healing thoughts to everyone!

LiveLife

Yes you hang in there. It will. This too shall pass! Congrats on your upcoming 25 months! I’m right behind you. Today I’m 2 years. Yay!

When you get pass this rough patch, you will be delighted to have a better baseline. Hugs love ❤️

..and as for me I am not done with this beast but keeping busy w summer school to distract and then take a couple weeks in July to rest and also to visit a friend in Montana ( a welcome distraction - as long as I don't mess it up with a benzo slip up diet, etc., etc.,)

Kanoba sending you healing wishes and big hugs! I hope you enjoy your trip. I’m proud of you pressing forward like a real warrior.  :thumbsup:

❤️🌹👍🏼

Happy 2 years to me!

May our Heavenly Father continue to be our strength, our healer and comfort us as we continue to go through this. He’s the only true Father….everyday not just today. I’m so glad to know his love.

May you all enjoy your Father’s Day.

Believe in your healing!

Hello to all! Hope you are all having window days.

LadyDen,

Thank you so much for the encouraging words. And congratulations on your 2-year mark it's quite an accomplishment. In a few more days I will be 25 months out myself. Thank you for the congrats.

I am still in this terrible wave trying to surf it to shore. So far I haven't been able to. It's a real doozy and terrifying!

Sending warm love and healing thoughts to all,

LiveLife

Hey LiveLife.  I am doing ok.  Healing is forever slow.  Really slow.  Turtles move faster than my healing.  Water boils faster than my healing.  Months pass faster than my healing.  You get the picture and have lived the same dream.  Eating is still causing a lot of severe anxiety but it is slowly getting better.  My foot is also in pain when I walk.  I thought it was broken until the MRI results showed nothing.  Absolutely nothing is there.  It is crazy.  It is def in pain and numb and swells up.  The overall good news is that I can see progress.  I have a lot of hope.  I am working.  I am even enjoying life a little.  I will not let this get me down!

JBen,

I'm so happy to hear there's nothing seriously wrong with your foot. I sure hope that pain clears up soon for you. It's probably just this Benzo Beast that we're all dealing with. And the fact you're even able to work that's wonderful. Happy to hear you're making such progress. Hugs!

LiveLife