12-24 months and up support group

[La...]

I have tried to get my husband to go away on his own but he won’t. Sorry you are housebound. Have you chatted to LadyDen, think she’s pretty much housebound, but radiates so much positivity, she’s real inspiration, might help you. Even though I can get out, I don’t have the positivity she has.

Yes, LD is golden. :)

Thank you for thinking of me.

Stitch, I'm sorry you might be having gallbladder issues too.  Let us know how it goes once you've had it checked.

Leann, yeah gallbladder stuff can be corrected with either supplementation (LL did this), or routine surgery to remove (as LD said she did).  So that's good it has a "cure" unlike benzo wd.  Of course surgery is scary in its own way. 

I'm sorry to hear about your family situation- that sounds downright malicious where mine is more not understanding and frustrated with me.

WD sure just make everything complicated. I'll let you know how it goes. fingers crossed. Do you know what is meant by supplementation?

Can it just go away on its own?

LadyDen

Thank you, hoping to do so soon!

Stitch, I'm sorry you might be having gallbladder issues too.  Let us know how it goes once you've had it checked.

Leann, yeah gallbladder stuff can be corrected with either supplementation (LL did this), or routine surgery to remove (as LD said she did).  So that's good it has a "cure" unlike benzo wd.  Of course surgery is scary in its own way. 

I'm sorry to hear about your family situation- that sounds downright malicious where mine is more not understanding and frustrated with me.

WD sure just make everything complicated. I'll let you know how it goes. fingers crossed. Do you know what is meant by supplementation?

LadyDen

I think in certain cases if it's not too bad you can take a digestive aid that helps and you can change your diet.  From what I hear if it gets too bad it just needs to come out. 

Mine didn't hurt for the entire month of March, and then has been bothersome since, so I don't know what that's about.  I have the appointment on the 13th to find out what's recommended for me.

LadyDen

I think in certain cases if it's not too bad you can take a digestive aid that helps and you can change your diet.  From what I hear if it gets too bad it just needs to come out. 

Mine didn't hurt for the entire month of March, and then has been bothersome since, so I don't know what that's about.  I have the appointment on the 13th to find out what's recommended for me.

Good to know. Sorry it started acting up. I guess I'll see what is recommended for me. Appointments a bit of pain to get where I am right now. Let me know how it goes. I'll pray for favorable news.

Hi Everyone,  I've been reading all the posts on this thread and my heart goes out to all the gallbladder suffering (who needs that on top of WD!?) and also to those with family issues.  The family stuff is just sorrowful.  When you need someone the most they may not be able to give you the support you need.  It's the drama of humanity, and I'm so sorry for those who have this on top of WD.

I'm still in a bit of a wave from the stomach virus.  Gut hasn't been the same since, but I guess it takes a while, sometimes weeks to get back to normal.  Years ago I had some gastritis which they prescribed PPIs for, then doubled the dose until I could no longer digest food!  I finally figured out that I had too little stomach acid, not too much, and the internet was full of claims about the PPIs being wrongly prescribed for ageing tummies.  Turned out they were right (medical practice slow to learn) and now they acknowledge this.  Took me 6 months to recover with natural foods and digestive enzymes.  That was back in 2010 just a couple years after starting using Ambien.  The whole thing may have been brought on by the benzos!

I'm reading all about the healing power of bone broth.  Simple to make but takes a bit of time in the slow cooker.  So that's what I'm up to.  I'm still binge-ing Doc Martin but loving the Garden shows on Brit-Box. 

I wonder if the digestive enzymes would help with the gallbladder stuff? 

Wishing everyone the best.  I'm here with you even if I'm posting less  :smitten:

Good Wednesday Morning All!  Checking back in to catch up on my fellow 12/24 monthers, although I am now at almost 27 months😱.  I see there are still lots of ups and downs, better known as waves and windows!  Thank goodness dear LadyDen has us wrist locking as we stagger through these myriad of symptoms, physical and mental.  Be it physical or mental or both, it is horrific for the one going through their own particular symptoms. 

I am with Deanna in that I am still having gut issues which are making me feel pretty awful, and even saw my GP yesterday who thinks the virus has upset the apple cart and I may continue to feel symptomatic for a few more days.  I am also scheduled to see my gastro PA in July, as I was supposed to have a test for sibo back in January, which I neglected to do.  It would be good to eliminate that as most of my flares or waves seem to be connected to my gut.  I had a lunch yesterday of baked cod on a bed of quinoa with pomegranate seeds, and am wondering if the seeds aggravated my intestines. I have had IBS for many years, but haven’t had too many issues with it until the benzo beast entered my life.  Thank you Valium.

So, will just have to wait this out as there is not really anything to ease the stomach, other than a bland diet and lots of water.

Hold on hold on hold on to Hope!!!!

Hugs,

GG

Just checking in.....it has been a while.    I have been doing so much better overall, but am in a bit of a wave currently.  It has been going on for several weeks.  Yuck.  Pretty much the same symptoms, but I am also developing some blisters.  Weird.  I saw where some of you have had blisters, but it sounds like you were attributing them to a virus.  Anyway, there is always something new and different to try and figure out!  :).  Hope everyone is finding some strength and peace today.  I have missed my Buddies.      Has anyone heard from Sandy lately?  I wonder how she is doing. 

Hello to all, LadyDen, Deanna, Leann, Accidental, Lisa, Sandy, GG, thatonegirl, and anyone else out there. So sorry everyone is struggling so much. I'm right there with you. Haven't been posting as much because of the terrible wave. But thinking about everyone. Sure hope it settles down for all of us soon.

Hugs!

LiveLife

Hello to all! Sending out warm love and healing thoughts. Sorry that people are struggling with their families. I know it's difficult for people to understand what we're going through. I'm still in a very bad wave. Waiting for it to lighten up or something. Struggling more than ever. Many symptoms cycling and also hitting me all at the same time. I know some deep healing must be going on but it definitely isn't easy. Here's hoping we all pull through this sooner rather than later.

LiveLife

:hug::mybuddy:

Sending my love and hugs. I’m here if you need me. Hang in there….that rollercoaster loop you’re in won’t be long before it smooths out. Roller coaster 🎢  and radio 📻 is the best description I’ve heard. It has helped me to deal with the ups and down in and outs. This too shall pass. 🌹❤️

I have tried to get my husband to go away on his own but he won’t. Sorry you are housebound. Have you chatted to LadyDen, think she’s pretty much housebound, but radiates so much positivity, she’s real inspiration, might help you. Even though I can get out, I don’t have the positivity she has.

Yes, LD is golden. :)

Thank you for thinking of me.

You are golden too my dear friend! 🤗

Just checking in.....it has been a while.    I have been doing so much better overall, but am in a bit of a wave currently.  It has been going on for several weeks.  Yuck.  Pretty much the same symptoms, but I am also developing some blisters.  Weird.  I saw where some of you have had blisters, but it sounds like you were attributing them to a virus.  Anyway, there is always something new and different to try and figure out!  :).  Hope everyone is finding some strength and peace today.  I have missed my Buddies.      Has anyone heard from Sandy lately?  I wonder how she is doing.

Hugs to you sweetheart! Good to hear from you again. I’m in waves and windows still as well…they’re milder the past two days. I started yoga yesterday…..simple gentle poses to see if it can help my balance issues. I’m so tired of not being able to take a longer walk. The only reason I don’t just do it anyway is because I’m alone outside during the day, the paths are concrete and it would be a disaster if I fell and my symptoms immediately increase when I’m outside so if I go further and wave hit me then who’s going to help me back inside? So I’m just trying to figure out what I can do to increase my taking a walk ability.

It’s weird that you’ve developed blisters too. Wow! In this we find out we’re given all kinds of lovely “ gifts”. I have missed you too. Sandy popped in here a couple of weeks ago I think. Scroll back to see her post  :thumbsup:

GG thank you for the nice posts. I’m hanging in there as well. Waves and windows taking turns but they’ve seen to have calmed down in intensity the past two days. Yay! As I’m approaching my 2 year…. I’m excited and in awe that I’ve made it to this point. I’m becoming more annoyed with my waves/ symptoms everyday….just be done with all this crap, right? That’s how I’m feeling….enough is enough!

Wishing you a lovely day today!

This post is for everyone. I treasure you all very much. Someone mentioned having peace….I think it was Lisa. Very true that is exactly what we have to do with these crazy symptoms. Make peace with them and ignore it as best as we can. You all are an inspiration to me. I get why these threads are so important. We NEED this support. I’m so happy to have met all of you. I pray for all of us to recover fully very soon. We lock wrists and keep going forward.

🌹🤗🥰

Hugs to you sweetheart! Good to hear from you again. I’m in waves and windows still as well…they’re milder the past two days. I started yoga yesterday…..simple gentle poses to see if it can help my balance issues. I’m so tired of not being able to take a longer walk. The only reason I don’t just do it anyway is because I’m alone outside during the day, the paths are concrete and it would be a disaster if I fell and my symptoms immediately increase when I’m outside so if I go further and wave hit me then who’s going to help me back inside? So I’m just trying to figure out what I can do to increase my taking a walk ability.

It’s weird that you’ve developed blisters too. Wow! In this we find out we’re given all kinds of lovely “ gifts”. I have missed you too. Sandy popped in here a couple of weeks ago I think. Scroll back to see her post  :thumbsup:

I did yoga with Adriene on you tube in lockdown, She has lot different programmes. I’ve done Pilates for years, sure it will help your balance issues. If you Google think you can sometimes get exercises sitting on a chair. I can get out but still really limited due to the intrusive thoughts and anxiety. Haven’t been away in 3 years. Hope your waves soon ease, think we are all so sick of this, just need to fast forward  from being stuck on this crap radio station🙆‍♂️

I'm thinking of you all a lot today, because I'm just having a tough one.  My wave has intensified yet again and my sleep gotten worse. 

I hope you all, or maybe just one of you, is having a better day than the last.  I know we're all ready for this to be over.  I want "me" back- I  miss "me". 

Good luck today everyone. 

I'm thinking of you all a lot today, because I'm just having a tough one.  My wave has intensified yet again and my sleep gotten worse. 

I hope you all, or maybe just one of you, is having a better day than the last.  I know we're all ready for this to be over.  I want "me" back- I  miss "me". 

Hang on. Bad sleep makes everything hard. I know yo can push through and be closer to "you"

Much love.

Hello to all,

LadyDen,

Thank you so much for your encouraging words. Yes it really is a rollercoaster ride and fine-tuning to the maximum! Sure wish I could get off this wild ride now. Hope you are doing better.

Accidental,

I am so sorry your wave has gotten worse. I'm right there with you. Struggling so hard. Besides the intense chemical fear and all these other symptoms that have been cycling and slamming me the chemical depression has come back with a vengeance. It's unreal. I sure hope this ends for us all so soon. Praying for that!

Hugs to all,

LiveLife

I did yoga with Adriene on you tube in lockdown, She has lot different programmes. I’ve done Pilates for years, sure it will help your balance issues. If you Google think you can sometimes get exercises sitting on a chair. I can get out but still really limited due to the intrusive thoughts and anxiety. Haven’t been away in 3 years. Hope your waves soon ease, think we are all so sick of this, just need to fast forward  from being stuck on this crap radio station🙆‍♂️

Ok thank you! Yes I’ve done the chair exercises. I think I need to start them up again. They’re fun.

And ohhhh yezzzzzz we are all sick of this waves. I’ll be so glad when that dial on the radio find my station too. 📻

Hope you have a better day today and get that permanent window that’s long overdue! Sending you love and healing wishes my sweet friend 🤗🌹❤️

I echo Stitch…hang on dear! You know it’s funny that I haven’t had much trouble with sleeping this whole recovery so far ( knock on wood) 😂 so I somehow thought I’d heal fast because I’m getting good sleep nearly every night. You know, seeing that the brain does much repair at night while sleeping. To be honest, I’ve done just as bad and taken just as long as mostly everyone else. But as Stitch said….when I don’t sleep well then I do feel much worse the entire day the following morning.

When I read your last sentence about wanting “ me” back….I immediately thought to myself I’d go broke to pay for my normal symptoms free everyday life. You will get you back. It’s already in the making that’s why we have symptoms. It’s trying to get it right. This all will be tucked away on our shelf of memories some day soon. We are in the 12-24 months group….it won’t be much longer now. Even for the 3 year buddies. We’ve got to keep our focus on the fact that one of these mornings we will wake up NORMAL or BETTER than normal everyday! ❤️🌹🤗 I’m so excited!

Live I hope you are doing better too. I’m doing ok. My waves are milder yesterday. Yes this rollercoaster is getting old….it has been old for awhile now. I’m ready for it to to come to a stop too. Well until then we just have to get through each day distracting. This is the worst most cruel waiting game I’ve ever seen!

Am I right, Stitch? Unbelievable how no other disease or disorder is like this….not even cancer. When I think about that WOW those little pills are one of the evilest things. What we’re going through should be a crime. But unfortunately there’s nothing we can do about it but get through this and go on to live a new life. I know when we’re in the peak of hell waves that seems like a pipe dream. But it isn’t, we will heal. I now can feel my healing. I can’t describe it….but I just know I’ll be alright. Let keep getting through our days. They add up.

🥰👍🏼🙏❤️🌹📻

LadyDen,

I'm sorry to hear you're still struggling in a wave too. Last night for me was absolutely horrific. Terrible panic and fear all through the night and then and about 4 a.m. I was hit with bad nausea and stomach pain. The stomach issues had left me some months ago and then just came back with a vengeance along with everything else. I just need this to end. We all do. I am so looking forward to a window. Hopefully some kind of reprieve soon. Barely hanging on. I know we are all doing deep healing. So glad you're able to feel it right now all I'm feeling is absolutely horrible! Wish I could be more positive, but it's so difficult. I need a break. Sending love and hugs!

LiveLife

LiveLife:  So sorry you are struggling!!  This process is so difficult.    I know we are all getting better very, very slowly, but it sure is disheartening to have these waves!!!    Praying for everyone this morning!

Decatur

Decatur,

Thank you so much! I have really been struggling and it's gotten so much worse. So I am hoping to turn a corner or just get a bit of relief from some of these horrific symptoms. I wish all the same for you I hear you're having insomnia. Sure hope that clears up for you ASAP. Sending you big hugs and warm love.

LiveLife

Good Wednesday Morning All!  Checking back in to catch up on my fellow 12/24 monthers, although I am now at almost 27 months😱.  I see there are still lots of ups and downs, better known as waves and windows!  Thank goodness dear LadyDen has us wrist locking as we stagger through these myriad of symptoms, physical and mental.  Be it physical or mental or both, it is horrific for the one going through their own particular symptoms. 

I am with Deanna in that I am still having gut issues which are making me feel pretty awful, and even saw my GP yesterday who thinks the virus has upset the apple cart and I may continue to feel symptomatic for a few more days.  I am also scheduled to see my gastro PA in July, as I was supposed to have a test for sibo back in January, which I neglected to do.  It would be good to eliminate that as most of my flares or waves seem to be connected to my gut.  I had a lunch yesterday of baked cod on a bed of quinoa with pomegranate seeds, and am wondering if the seeds aggravated my intestines. I have had IBS for many years, but haven’t had too many issues with it until the benzo beast entered my life.  Thank you Valium.

So, will just have to wait this out as there is not really anything to ease the stomach, other than a bland diet and lots of water.

Hold on hold on hold on to Hope!!!!

Hugs,

GG

Hi GG, I noticed in this post-viral wave that my gut seems more irritable when I eat more fiber.  We are all supposed to eat a lot of fiber and most days I'm fine with it but ever since that virus I do better if I eat more carbs and protein. 

Also my Dr reduced my thyroid meds so that may be upsetting the whole system too, but for now am moderating the fiber.

Hope you are feeling better soon. 

I am SO SORRY to hear that the suffering has ramped up for many of you, my dear buddies.  LD you are so right that the suffering from these pills is criminal. 

I have you all in my thoughts.  Even though I have made definite progress I find this whole experience is a constant on my mind.  Every piece of food I think to eat, or drink, or activity I ponder I have to contemplate the possible repercussions.  It's like I'm obsessed with how I live my life.  I can't forget about it for a minute.  I even dream about eating or drinking things and then get worried I did the wrong thing - IN MY DREAMS....My brain must be healing but have I become fixated on the illness?  This whole thing has been so traumatic I think I'll never be that carefree person moving normally through life as in the past. People have no idea - not one clue.

I have only one wish - and that is for all of us to HEAL, HEAL, HEAL.....and SOON!

Love to All  :smitten:

Morning all you lovely people here. Not posting much as I have given up fighting. Feel the gates of hell have opened up and firmly shut behind me👹