12-24 months and up support group

[La...]

Hello all my dear buddies.  After taking a short sabbatical and feeling 90% healed, I came on board this morning and just read Deanna’s post!  Oh my gosh…the same thing has happened to me.  After a long and lovely window, last week I came down with a large blister on my lower lip, which I have gotten in the past when I am about to come down with something.  So, following the fever blister outbreak, on Thursday of last week I had a kitchen cabinet company here to give me a quote for repainting my cabinets, at which time I started to feel unwell and tired.  By Friday I was having some flu like symptoms and lots of stomach issues, i.e., bloating, diarrhea and nausea.  Then the headache came and fast forward to today when I am still feeling unwell. My doctor actually had me take a drive through Covid test yesterday as he is seeing about 3 to 4 patients a day with symptoms similar to mine who actually have Covid.  My test came back negative this morning, so it looks as if I may have the same thing Deanna has.  Several people I know, including the PA in my doctor’s office, either have a stomach virus themselves or knows of someone who does.

So the merry go round continues with the window and wave pattern.  The good news is that my baseline will probably be much higher after this wave and I can return to feeling great once again!

It always gets better, for me at least, and I will once again forget the misery a wave can bring.

I see that you, LadyDen, are having a rough time at the 23rd month mark, but still locking wrists with all of your followers and admirers.  Aren’t we fortunate to have such a strong, optimistic, funny, inspirational warrior woman to lead us through the rough waters we are often faced with?  Love you, Lady Den, and send hugs to you and all others who are looking to see the light at the end of the tunnel.  I have seen it and even though it has dimmed once again, I know the final healing is close at hand!

Leann, you sound so much better…..keep it up!  You are making progress and I can hear it loud and clear.

Deanna, I hope you feel better soon!  Keep us posted.

Hugs,

GG

GG  :hug: :hug: :hug:

So wonderful to hear from you. Sounds like you’ve been enjoying your sabbatical. Way to go! I’m so sorry to hear of your recent illness. I pray that it passes for you and Deanna real quick. I did hear of a stomach bug going around. Ewww it sounds awful. I agree that once you’re over this you’ll be back on the saddle of your almost healed horse. Because you’ve healed nicely I don’t see any reason why it wont be soon. Until then drink plenty of fluids to prevent dehydration, my dear. Please keep me posted.

And yes wrists locked for all my beautiful friends here! I love you all dearly!

❤️🌹

Hello to all.

LadyDen,

Hope you are doing better today. I still struggle with a fear filled night and I'm in the same place pretty much today hoping as the day goes on things will lighten up. Sure would like to turn the corner soon. Hopefully for both of us!

Deanna,

Sounds like you were able to do quite a bit which is good. Just rest up now this will pass and you'll get a better Baseline.

Leann,

Good for you staying busy and distracting. You definitely sound so much better. You're going to be finished before you know it.

GG,

So good to hear from you. But wish it was better news. Although we know how this goes very nonlinear. As you said once you get through this you're probably be doing even better than ever, could be your last wave.

This Groundhog Day is getting really old. So many horrible symptoms! Ready for it to be done.

Hugs to all!

LiveLife

Thank you Live. Yep Groundhog Day is really old. Ughhhhh  :tickedoff:

I’m doing a bit better this morning. My dread was a 6 instead of 8 on yesterday. So yay I’ll take that.  :thumbsup:

I hope you’re doing well and just pushing through as best as you can. As GG said, we’re here supporting each other because we are some strong warrior women for sure! Our day of this being a memory is approaching. It has to be! All of these symptoms aren’t for nothing. I keep thinking about Parker’s post about this is like a building under construction while people are still working in it. Our brains are functioning while repair is going on. Trying hard to figure out how to maneuver around the repairs until they’re complete. In other words….trying to fine tune that radio station so we can dance to the music.

🌹❤️

Hello all my dear buddies.  After taking a short sabbatical and feeling 90% healed, I came on board this morning and just read Deanna’s post!  Oh my gosh…the same thing has happened to me.  After a long and lovely window, last week I came down with a large blister on my lower lip, which I have gotten in the past when I am about to come down with something.  So, following the fever blister outbreak, on Thursday of last week I had a kitchen cabinet company here to give me a quote for repainting my cabinets. I started to feel unwell and tired.  By Friday I was having some flu like symptoms and lots of stomach issues, i.e., bloating, diarrhea and nausea.  Then the headache came and fast forward to today when I am still feeling unwell. My doctor actually had me take a drive through Covid test yesterday as he is seeing about 3 to 4 patients a day with symptoms similar to mine who actually have Covid.  My test came back negative this morning, so it looks as if I may have the same thing Deanna has.  Several people I know, including the PA in my doctor’s office, either have a stomach virus themselves or knows of someone who does.

So the merry go round continues with the window and wave pattern.  The good news is that my baseline will probably be much higher after this wave and I can return to feeling great once again!

It always gets better, for me at least, and I will once again forget the misery a wave can bring.

I see that you, LadyDen, are having a rough time at the 23rd month mark, but still locking wrists with all of your followers and admirers.  Aren’t we fortunate to have such a strong, optimistic, funny, inspirational warrior woman to lead us through the rough waters we are often faced with?  Love you, Lady Den, and send hugs to you and all others who are looking to see the light at the end of the tunnel.  I have seen it and even though it has dimmed once again, I know the final healing is close at hand!

Leann, you sound so much better…..keep it up!  You are making progress and I can hear it loud and clear.

Deanna, I hope you feel better soon!  Keep us posted.

Hugs,

GG

OMG GG!  I had a series of fever blisters this week too! Just before I got the stomach thing!  I used to get them all the time when I was younger and under stress, but throughout this whole benzo journey never had one, and yet these last 2 years experience had to have been the most stressful thing my body has ever been through!  And my stomach has settled but feeling that headache you were talking about.  My hubby had something too last week stomach wise, but a bit different symptoms.  Very interesting to hear that there is something going around.  Thanks for responding  :smitten:

Leann you really do sound better!  Just keep doingwhat you're doing, maybe ease up a bit on the physical exercise.  I know that it is so easy to overdo things.  Rest up and have faith.  You're getting there as we all are.

LadyD - I am so sorry you are struggling again but you know it will ease up and you'll get back into those windows!  I promise!

Deanna  :hug:

Thank you Deary! Yes I know it’s par of the process. I’ll be back to feeling better soon. I don’t doubt it. I pray you feel better too. That stomach bug sounds strange. Wow giving you and GG blisters? Omg! What the heck kind of virus is that! Right?

Sending you love and get well soon. 🌹

LL, LD,

I read in old threads you had your gallbladders looked at.  I've been having upper right abdomen pain and odd stool so the GI doc recommended a Hida scan.  It's Wednesday.  Have either of you had one of those?

-AD

Yes I had a Hida scan. Mine showed my gallbladder was barely functioning. I had surgery to remove it. Immediately felt better  :thumbsup: 

It did take some time for my digestive system to handle fats without a gallbladder but it’s not that hard to endure. Slowly over time, I increased my fat intake. It’s not a coincidence to me that many have gallbladder issues while on benzo and drugs. Before Ambien, I NEVER had stomach issues or balance issues. I had an ultrasound which showed nothing but my doctor knew something wasn’t right so she sent me for the Hida scan. She was right! It looked normal but wasn’t functioning very well.

The gallbladder removal was definitely needed in my case. Please keep me posted.

I just had the scan and waiting on results.  I seemed to handle it ok physically, but it was stressful and now I feel keyed up and more in a wave.  I do think it was from the stress though and neither of the scan substances.  I was injected with radioactive dye and then the hormone which stimulates the gallbladder.  They confirmed there were no drugs they were using, per se. 

I am stressed about what they will find :-(

:mybuddy::highfive:

Well done getting through the scan. Very happy to hear this, Accidental. I’m waiting to hear the results. Just do your best to stay relaxed. Pamper yourself. You deserve it! 

Hope you soon feel better Lady Den, you boost us all up so much,  very unfair you get hit with a wave. My husband played golf today, he got a reprieve from me for a day!

I love playing putt putt golf or regular golf on a real course. I miss it. I’m a beginner golfer that get lucky shots. I don’t know what the hell im doing…lol

Thanks for the well wishes. Today seems to be a bit better. I’m just relaxing today as I did yesterday. If tomorrow I still feel stable then I’ll try a short walk.

🌹

Hard to know right thing to do .I’ve been going to shops in morning then walk in afternoon. Last few days been awful. Thinking maybe doing too much, might go back to just a walk once a day. Someone posted they were jealous of people with mental symptoms, people have no idea how awful it is to feel you are actually crazy how hard it is to constantly fight your own brain. Maybe I should avoid the post withdrawal board, people here much more supportive🙂

Leann yes you could scale back a bit to see if it makes a difference. I’m glad you’re able to do some things and catching somewhat of a break. Way to go sweetie. Hang in there. I’ve not been able to do much walking due to getting slammed again. I guess I’m having the 2 year milestone wave. Wow it sucks!

Personally I think whether our symptoms are mental or physical or both…it’s all hell. Right? Mine has mostly been physical- 90%. I’ve been completely bedridden at its mercy whenever it decides to let me be upright. So I feel everyone has their own worst symptoms in this so it’s no sense for people to compare. None of it is good ever. Right? And IMO if someone is dealing with both mental and physical I’d think logically they have it the worst…..if we have to pick.

Sending you love and hugs and ALWAYS my support.

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

I’ve got some physical, eyes intermittently blurry, I get really bad sinus that give me bad headaches, get nausea when J’m very stressed and loss appetite,  plus hay fever really bad at moment.  Think both physical and mental leave you equally fatigued. Just pi**ed me off someone thinking mental symptoms are an easy ride. I have wondered if mental take longer to ease, certainly my really bad physical symptoms eased after about 8 months. Royal fever everywhere here. Forecast not good Sunday, so with 30 odd people for barbie could be interesting huddling under a gazebo😱

GG,

Thank you so much! I sure would like a lovely window that last for days. I have never had one.

LadyDen,

So glad to hear you've been proved I hope it continues. And yes it be sure nice to dance to a clear radio station and be feeling wonderful!

My Groundhog Day continues I had fear and panic all night and woke up at 5 a.m. unable to go back to sleep with terrible stomach problems, panic, tingling in the left side of my body and pain today. It's one thing after the other. Trying to hang on. Hugs!

LiveLife

My gallbladder ejection rate was only 29% so not good news.  I meet with My primary care doctor tomorrow and my GI doctor on the 13th.

Any helpful advice?

GG and Deanna,

I’m having some of the same symptoms you describe. What’s up with that? My tinnitus and some head pressure are bothering me as well. I’m still functional, but it sure takes away my quality of life. I know this too will pass. Sooner than later I hope!

To LadyDen and the rest of the group, I think of you all often. 🥰🙏

Hugs, Sandy

Geez, what's up with this virus that seems to be rearing its ugly head for me, Deanna and Sandy.  I spoke with my doctor yesterday and he said along with a steep rise in Covid cases, his office is seeing a big influx of patients with an intestinal virus.  This virus is responsible for me falling out of my long lovely window back into, hopefully, just a short wave.  My gi symptoms are better this morning and I am mainly dealing with some good old head pressure.  My doctor agreed that my still sensitive CNS takes a hit with a viral infection and lasts longer than someone else with no benzo injury...my husband had the same bug with the same stomach issues, but felt better after five days.  Today is my 10th day out and I am up and about and feeling quite a bit better.  So I am double the trouble!!!

So, as always, we just hang on for dear life while we are down and out and wait for real LIFE to return!!!

Thinking of you and praying that this Friday is another good day of healing.

Hugs,

GG

The stress of the gallbladder stuff has gotten me into a wave, or strengthened whatever one I was in.  I hope all you other waveriders right now are hanging in there.

-AD

Sorry some of you are suffering with this virus. I feel like escaping the U.K. at the moment. All this stuff about the Royals doing my head in. I’m not a royal fan, Diana was the only one who had the common touch and connected with people, people have been camping out in streets going up to the palace since yesterday. We are having a street barbecue Sunday which will be nice, but be glad when things go back to normal🙂

GG and Deanna,

I’m having some of the same symptoms you describe. What’s up with that? My tinnitus and some head pressure are bothering me as well. I’m still functional, but it sure takes away my quality of life. I know this too will pass. Sooner than later I hope!

To LadyDen and the rest of the group, I think of you all often. 🥰🙏

Hugs, Sandy

Oh My sorry to hear you got it too Sandy!  It must REALLY be getting around quickly....For me the stomach settled after 24 hours but the post-virus wave has started and I'm in pain again.  Argh.  My most bothersome symptom indeed.  How is it that our bodies know just how to make us miserable? 

Hope you feel better very quickly Sandy!!!!  :smitten:

The stress of the gallbladder stuff has gotten me into a wave, or strengthened whatever one I was in.  I hope all you other waveriders right now are hanging in there.

-AD

AD I am so sorry to hear that you received some unsettling health news.  Try not to stress too much about it and make your wave worse....(I also know it is really easy to say that and very hard to do....).  I guess I'm suggesting to keep everything in perspective.  With benzo recovery could it be just that our digestive system is "off" and this will resolve with more benzo healing?  I am praying for you that this is so.

Morning hugs to all of you yearlings. Wow I see that I’m not the only one getting hit hard by waves. Since turning 23 months, it’s been awful. I do have slight improvement but it’s brief periods ( windows). WD is the unwanted evil gift that keeps on giving, right? Come on radio…..find my station quick!  :tickedoff:

Accidental I’m sorry to hear about your GB results but I expected that from reading your symptoms and my own experience was the same. Mine was functioning 20 or below. So yeah…. But, GB surgery is pretty common if you decide to have it. I will say that once there’s a GB not functioning well, it can’t improve. It’s not one of those things that can be reversed. So, there’s surgery to remove it, medication to aid the functioning you have left or leave it alone and live with it for as long as you can with strict diet modification of fat intake. Whatever you choose to do my heart goes out to you. In my prayers. 🙏❤️

Deanna, GG and Sandy are either of you feeling better today? Having a virus while recovering has got to be terrible. I’m so sorry 😢 I hope you’re all resting as well as drinking plenty of water to prevent dehydration. I find this “ stomach virus” thing to be so strange. Something doesn’t add up……

Live I’m in the trenches with you too. I’m just doing my best to hang in there as these waves cycle in and out through the day. I’m reassured that they serve some kind of positive purpose although it sucks! There’s no way we’re getting slammed for nothing, right? I just reread old posts of others in our timeframe saying it was their last wave before healing. Wow wouldn’t that be awesome to be the case for us all? So I just wait and see…. Hope today is better for you.

Leann I think it’s crazy for people to have big gatherings especially when they’re close to each other at the event without anybody wearing masks. It only takes ONE person to have COVID and not know it! The one thing that’s a good thing about me being homebound is that I’m forced not to be in public. So I’m grateful for that. I do miss having a normal life with being out whenever I want. For the most part when I was being out in the world I was at a park, at the gym or etc.

-AD

AD I am so sorry to hear that you received some unsettling health news.  Try not to stress too much about it and make your wave worse....(I also know it is really easy to say that and very hard to do....).  I guess I'm suggesting to keep everything in perspective.  With benzo recovery could it be just that our digestive system is "off" and this will resolve with more benzo healing?  I am praying for you that this is so.

Thanks for everyone's input on my issue!

For those of you who've had gallbladder pain, was it all the time, intermittent, or related to eating?

Is any medication for it to aid the functioning the kind that would set off benzo sx? 

Morning hugs to all of you yearlings. Wow I see that I’m not the only one getting hit hard by waves. Since turning 23 months, it’s been awful. I do have slight improvement but it’s brief periods ( windows). WD is the unwanted evil gift that keeps on giving, right? Come on radio…..find my station quick!  :tickedoff:

Accidental I’m sorry to hear about your GB results but I expected that from reading your symptoms and my own experience was the same. Mine was functioning 20 or below. So yeah…. But, GB surgery is pretty common if you decide to have it. I will say that once there’s a GB not functioning well, it can’t improve. It’s not one of those things that can be reversed. So, there’s surgery to remove it, medication to aid the functioning you have left or leave it alone and live with it for as long as you can with strict diet modification of fat intake. Whatever you choose to do my heart goes out to you. In my prayers. 🙏❤️

Deanna, GG and Sandy are either of you feeling better today? Having a virus while recovering has got to be terrible. I’m so sorry 😢 I hope you’re all resting as well as drinking plenty of water to prevent dehydration. I find this “ stomach virus” thing to be so strange. Something doesn’t add up……

Live I’m in the trenches with you too. I’m just doing my best to hang in there as these waves cycle in and out through the day. I’m reassured that they serve some kind of positive purpose although it sucks! There’s no way we’re getting slammed for nothing, right? I just reread old posts of others in our timeframe saying it was their last wave before healing. Wow wouldn’t that be awesome to be the case for us all? So I just wait and see…. Hope today is better for you.

Leann I think it’s crazy for people to have big gatherings especially when they’re close to each other at the event without anybody wearing masks. It only takes ONE person to have COVID and not know it! The one thing that’s a good thing about me being homebound is that I’m forced not to be in public. So I’m grateful for that. I do miss having a normal life with being out whenever I want. For the most part when I was being out in the world I was at a park, at the gym or etc.

Sorry you are still struggling. I’m at the stagnant phase, not awful but not improving. They have already said Covid cases will rocket after this weekend. There were literally thousands people knee deep on the streets yesterday. Thousands people having street parties tomorrow, forecast not good so might end up indoors.Boris carrying on like Covid has disappeared. Just got a book lady whose videos been watching, recommended for anxiety . The theory is you just accept it not try to fight it, accept intrusive thoughts just thoughts. I can see the theory is a sensible one, but when you’ve had this fir over 3 years struggling to have that mindset. I’ll carry on with reading try put into practice, very hard when you nervous system so screwed up. Hope the waves soon ease for you😊

Good morning from GG who is over the worst of this stomach bug!  Very prevalent here in Northern Virginia so at least good to know I am not having another bwd flare!  The weather here is gorgeous and I plan to spend the day getting my vitamin d and bird watching.

Accidental, as far as my gall bladder issues of a few years ago, I had been having all sorts of stomach issues for about a year, and was finally told that my gb was hard and enlarged.  Had surgery and within a couple of days felt absolutely great.  Easiest surgery and recovery I have ever had.  Good luck moving forward!

Hugs to all!

GG

Hello to all.

LadyDen,

We are definitely in the trenches together. Yesterday I had some reprieves today and last night been slammed again. Sure hoping this pases soon and we can have a better base line or wouldn't it be wonderful if we would be healed. I have read people this far out having bad waves and then healing as well. That would be glorious!

Accidental,

I'm so sorry you're having these issues with your gallbladder. Sure hope you figure it out and get it resolved soon. I know extra stress is not helpful.

GG,

Glad to hear you're improving and it's not withdrawal. Just a virus. You're still on your way and most likely almost there to complete and total healing.

Hoping everyone with this stomach, virus thing is doing much better today and continues to improve.

Hugs to all!

LiveLife

Hope you are all getting over your virus’s. I’ll be 2 years off AD’s this month, getting rapid cycling symptoms again, almost like panic attacks as well, so had enough this crap. Got our street party today, so will have to do my best to play at being normal”. Even though suffering is just the same, sometimes think mental stuff harder as you look normal, if you have physical symptoms it gives more plausible excuse for not being able to do things, I can’t even explain my thoughts to people , they will think I need to be sectioned 😱😱😱😱

-AD

Thanks for everyone's input on my issue!

For those of you who've had gallbladder pain, was it all the time, intermittent, or related to eating?

Is any medication for it to aid the functioning the kind that would set off benzo sx?

My gallbladder pain was intermittent. Occurring usually after I ate. It makes sense because after eating the gallbladder is stimulated to do it’s job of providing bile for digestion of the food we eat. The pain and symptoms would last about an hour or so then settle down. But by the time it settles it’s nearly time to eat again.

Morning hugs to everyone.

Leanne although the street party sounds fun people better be careful and wear masks. I hope it’s not going to bother you too much. My sound sensitivity has returned so a street party anywhere near me would be awful. I’m glad that you are stagnant instead of being worse. I feel that is a good thing. Time for you to press forward in your healing. Congrats on 2 years AD free!  :thumbsup:

GG I agree that GB surgery is one of the easiest surgeries to have. I also felt immediate relief. But it took me awhile for my digestive system to learn to handle processing fats. Over a course of months it slowly did. This doesn’t happen to everyone because some people can eat anything immediately after surgery. This is because their gallbladder was so bad that the body already learned how to digest without the GB. The body and brain do amazing things in a great effort to repair, regenerate, reroute, etc I’m so glad God made our bodies to heal themselves to an extent. All of us can look back a year ago and honestly say we ARE better. So I don’t doubt my healing even when it seems to go backwards…like now. I’m so glad you’re over the worst of stomach bug. Wooohoo! May you get back to your nice baseline soon. Big hugs

Live, yep we are on the backwards to get our butt kicked train ride 😂 whoever gave me this ticket for that train ….. I’m praying I can get off on the next stop and take the forward train again. I’ve also read this happening at the end. But the only way out is through, right? Out of the forest 🌳 🌲🌳🌲🌳🌲 and then dance 💃🏻 in the ☀️ Sun! We are more than half way through  :thumbsup:

Deanna you’re right about benzo stomach issues. That is common around here. Some of my symptoms were very similar to GB issues but I had my GB surgery before I tapered. I was surprised by it being nearly the same. So I believe it is a mixture of both issues….abnormal functioning GB and WD. How are you doing today? Any better?

Sandy how are you feeling now? Head pressure any better? Sending you hugs and healing wishes too.

Today I’m doing ok…..meaning that I’m not worse. Rocking boaty morning dread this morning 🙄🥺 along with my usual dread symptoms. Jack Sparrow loves to visit me and Davy Jones. 😂  They love making the boat rock and pulling on me….crazy drunk pirates! But I was telling another buddy that at least this time when I got slammed, I’m able to still function those things I gained. It’s tougher to do but I CAN do them. That’s clearly progress. Woooohooo!

Hope all of you have a great day in a nice window. 🥰❤️🥰❤️

Good morning everyone!  I am so grateful to have you all here, and to be able to come here and have your support. For all of you out about 2 years and in a wave, I hope this brings final healing. 

I hope everyone is recovering ok from the stomach virus.  GG, 10 days is a long time to suffer with that.  My youngest daughter had the sniffles this week, so it's seemed I picked that virus up now, which is the last thing I need.  I now have sinus pressure and my own sniffles. 

My GB doesn't hurt after eating.  It hurts pretty much all day, if it's going to hurt. Mostly A mild to moderate pain like I did too many sit ups or tweaked a muscle rotating.  Very occasional sharp pain.  But it doesn't hurt every day.  In fact it didn't hurt, at all, all of March.  I had hoped it had gone away, but then it came back in April.  The random patternless nature led me to believe it was wd pain. 

I've been waking up at 345 every morning and not able to get back to sleep.  My wave worsened again yesterday, it's just a lot of stress I've been under from the GB stuff, now a virus, a few nasty bug bites I was stressed about- just a lot of hits to my calmness and nervous system at once. I hope it goes away or lessens  soon. 

Leann, I hope you were able to find some fun in the holiday this weekend.  I saw some pictures of the celebrations and it looked like fun.  The UK was always my wife and I's favorite place to go when we were able to travel, and we hope we can start visiting again once I'm healed. 

Sorry you are in a wave. I’ll just be glad when things get back to normal here. Just been up to our park got a few things on. Then walked back to our road , loads people sitting next to each other, no social distancing, kids all over our drive, thumping music, not my idea of fun at all. Meant to be going to the barbecue later, feel like just hiding in the house. Roll on tomorrow and normality returns. They have already warned Covid cases will rocket, why anyone wants to spend hours squeezed next to crowds other people is beyond me.Just not my bag I’m afraid, already got headache from the thumping music outside my house.