Important Survey - Please Participate ×

I got the covid vaccine

[Je...]

Got my first COVID vaccine today (Moderna). So far nothing big. Arm is a bit sore at the injection site, but nothing else. I got my vaccination 4.5 hours ago.

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ma...]

• [Ta...]

• [or...]

• [Ma...]

Got my first COVID vaccine today (Moderna). So far nothing big. Arm is a bit sore at the injection site, but nothing else. I got my vaccination 4.5 hours ago.

So happy for you Kit  :D.  I know you have been waiting.  Hope nothing popped up later and all you have is sore arm.  LY!    🙋🏼😘🙏♥️😷💉

Officially 24 hours post vaccination. Sore arm. That’s it. I’m tired, but I’m always tired so I can’t blame that on the shot.

Officially 24 hours post vaccination. Sore arm. That’s it. I’m tired, but I’m always tired so I can’t blame that on the shot.

Hey kits

Glad to hear no big reaction to vaccine.  I was about the same with the J & J.  Not even a sore arm but tired and achy but like you, I’m always tired and achy!  ;) I was overly anxious about it for nothing and now I feel good that I went ahead with it.

This is such hopeful news!! I get my J and J shot tomorrow!!!  A bit nervous but this feedback is invaluable!!!  Thank you all :-)

This is such hopeful news!! I get my J and J shot tomorrow!!!  A bit nervous but this feedback is invaluable!!!  Thank you all :-)

You’re going to do great! ❤️❤️❤️

You’re going to do great! ❤️❤️❤️

Thank You!!!!!! 

So just wanted to follow up and say that my symptoms did get better and back to the post 5 month baseline after my first covid jab.

I was a little worried as I could feel my body reacting to the vaccine and I couldn't sleep for 3 days. However everything returned pretty quickly. In UK we are having our second shot after 12 weeks, so I am OK with that and will have another 3 months of healing from the benzos under my belt.

Great to hear that the US is doing good with their vaccine program xxxx

Continue to stay safe and aware.

:o:thumbsup::smitten:

Hi Everyone,  So I had my J and J vaccine shot yesterday morning and for most of the day I felt nothing, hardly even a sore arm.  But last night around 8pm I started feeling achy and a headache came on which wasn't off the charts but was enough to be quite bothersome such that I really couldn't fall asleep.  I took a tylenol and just laid there resting and truly feeling like I was getting sick with the flu.  Around 3 am I developed an upset stomach and dizziness like I was going to faint.  That was very disturbing but it passed quickly.  I just ate a little something for the first time just now mid-day.  I'm feeling better than last night but by no means feeling like my baseline. 

As I laid there last night I tried to judge if the aches/pains I was feeling were exacerbated fibro-like pain that is one of my main WD symptoms or am I just feeling the mounting of the immune response from the vaccine.  Was very hard to tell, but I can really say that it did not feel like a flare or uptick of my WD symptoms overall.  I think that because I feel my physical symptoms so intently bc of my situation, I just really think I got hit hard with the vaccine side effects.  The guy who administered the shot told me I could feel flu-like symptoms, and that's what it felt like.  Not fun, but a price we have to pay.

So with all that said I am so glad I did the J and J shot and do not have to go back for another.  I plan to rest for the next couple days and hopefully resume my recovery without any hiccups.  Life is hard sometimes, but recovery for ALL this will be truly sweet.

Good luck to all!

This looks like the BEGINNINGS of a "light at the end of the tunnel" for the world with this pandemic.

Hopefully in time, every country will be at the point where Isreal is at.

*Please keep replies upbeat and non political with the point for the entire world to eventually EVENTUALLY get here - a Pandemic Endgame.

Article dated April 2nd 2021.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/apr/02/really-good-place-israel-nearing-covid-endgame

May be circumstantial,  I don't know what to think.  Got Pfizer 1 and 2. Within days I was slammed with acute wd sx.  Shaking, palpitations,  insomnia, terror....it's month 6 since I jumped. I was doing relatively well, now this. Also getting like involuntary muscle tightening spasms in my chest and abdomen. No fever, pb fine, blood oxy fine. Is anyone out there in a similar mess? Trying so hard to hold the line. Haven't slept in 2 days.  :-[ :'(

I just scheduled the Johnson & Johnson vaccine for this Sunday. I have been feeling pretty sick with stomach issues. I haven't been sleeping and have lost weight due to a lack of appetite and anxiety. My doctor now thinks it might be gastritis but I haven't been to a gastroenterologist yet. My health anxiety since withdrawal has been off the charts and this situation hasn't helped.  Has anyone gotten their vaccine who has been sick or just not feeling well?  I don't want to miss the opportunity but I'm having a lot of anxiety over it. 

Hsintrovert

I have been having off the charts anxiety, depression and back and leg pain, dizziness etc that seems to be mostly withdrawal but I went ahead and got the J & J vaccine. I had mild side effects although it might have been hard to tell with the pain I already have. 

I am glad I got the vaccine but of course everyone is different.  I did not have a sore arm, chills, fever or headache.

I had a lot of anxiety about getting it but it turned out to be not so bad for me.

I think the J & J seems to have milder side effects than the Moderna and Pfizer.

@joyatlast51. I had a similar reaction after my 2nd Moderna dose.  I am still stuck with horrible tinnitus and vertigo one week later.  On Facebool there is a forum Tinnitus from Covid vaccine that is growing by 50 people a day with Sadly all similar symptoms.  I hope we feel better soon. 

Terrified of getting this vaccine and worsening my already bad tinnitus and hyperacusis. I have an appt made but after reading all of the ew the reports on tinnitus and the vaccine I'm gonna reschedule a week out for now. Any members here with thinnitus have experience with this?

Thanks

-Rob

I have tinnitus. It started during my benzo taper and has never relented. Actually I didn't worry that the vaccination might make it worse -- I was blissfully unaware of that particular s/x. I got the Pfizer shot -- two of them. And they didn't have any effect at all on  my tinnitus.

Hope this helps.

Katz

My husband has constant tinnitis and this was not affected by the two Pfizer shots . I had no side effects at all other than a sore arm . What we both have now we are fully vaccinated and done with the worries is a feeling of blessed relief .

I've had low level tinnitus for many long years, long before benzos. I actually attribute it to aspirin. My parent's believed aspirin was the 'miracle' drug and every time we felt ill, out came the aspirin.

Anyway, I had both doses of Moderna, my second dose was on March 12.  It did not affect my tinnitus at all, no change whatsoever.

Here is a strange one for you all.  After my first pfizer shot, my low level tinnitus disappeared??  Probably a coincidence but still a surprise.  I am further out at 28 months and doing well.  The first shot I had body aches for a few hours that evening. The second, no sxs at all other than a mildly sore arm.

Hang in there everybody!  As if we didn't already have enough challenges but we will get thru this as well.

That is interesting.  After my J and J vaccination my sleep improved.  I thought it was a coincidence, but it was immediately after the vaccination.

That is interesting.  After my J and J vaccination my sleep improved.  I thought it was a coincidence, but it was immediately after the vaccination.

Seasalt

Mine too!  I didn’t say anything about that because I thought it was just a coincidence but the next two nights after my J& J are the best nights sleep I’ve had in months. 7-8 hrs with only one wake up. So maybe not a coincidence?

Seasalt

Mine too!  I didn’t say anything about that because I thought it was just a coincidence but the next two nights after my J& J are the best nights sleep I’ve had in months. 7-8 hrs with only one wake up. So maybe not a coincidence?

The promise of a good nights sleep would be a powerful incentive for the benzo injured suffering with insomnia, thanks for documenting your observation.

The afternoon I came home after my 1st Pfizer shot, I got sleepy and had a nap. Lordy, that never happens to me! I had a great sleep that night, too. Of course it may have been that the anxiety of my "vaccination search" was over and I relaxed. I literally haunted my computer the week before trying to get an appointment.

Katz