Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Book lovers club!📙 New members welcome💕

[Sh...]

I’m currently reading the 6th Outlander novel, A Breath of Snow and Ashes. It’s quite good, I’ve loved all the outlander novels so far.

Nice kits. I’ve always wanted to read them. They’re on my list for sure. I haven’t watched the series yet coz I wanted to read it first x

What’s next on ur list? I’m reading Harry Potter to my son and he is all about it now. So cute

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Sh...]

• [ki...]

• [2c...]

• [La...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome sage!!

Anne of green gables was my absolute fave growing up. And I loved to kill a mockingbird x

What are you reading now?

Im reading this one, https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21104828-the-lake-house

and also have this one atm https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/54981009-the-last-thing-he-told-me

:thumbsup:

I'm just rereading Death Grip by Matt Samet.  I guess I'm in the mood for some dark benzo stories.  Not sure why I do that to myself.  I guess because I know he healed even after all the horrible things he experienced.  Gives hope when you're feeling horrid. 

Those books look good!

I’ve really wanted to read some of those books, but I think I’m already deep in it and that would immerse me further.

But I think I’ll read some when I’m feeling better.

I’m about half way thru the lake house, it’s a huge book so it’s taking me a while but it’s definitely getting good now!

It makes me really happy that you can enjoy reading right now!  So many can't even do that during WD.  I'm sure you have days when it's harder.  Being able to indulge in a good read is such a comfort.

I know I’m lucky to be able to read sage x this book club and reading has really been such a great distraction. Not that I remember everything I’ve read during this time! Haha

I find some books really challenging and have had to put a few down. Sci fi with appendix books in particular. I started to read 1984 a few weeks ago and found that too much too. I do well with thrillers and fantasy tho. And romances of course.

I really want to tackle dune but im not sure my brain is ready for it. Cog fog can be tricky some days. X

I know I’m lucky to be able to read sage x this book club and reading has really been such a great distraction. Not that I remember everything I’ve read during this time! Haha

I find some books really challenging and have had to put a few down. Sci fi with appendix books in particular. I started to read 1984 a few weeks ago and found that too much too. I do well with thrillers and fantasy tho. And romances of course.

I really want to tackle dune but im not sure my brain is ready for it. Cog fog can be tricky some days. X

I reread 1984 a few months ago and yes, it's way too much to handle in WD.  Maybe one for later.

Right before I got sick I got my own copy of Romola by George Eliot.  Love that book.  But my brain is too mashed for it at the moment.  It's pretty challenging.  I also got a book of essays by Wendell Berry.  That one will have to wait too.  Just gonna finish my Matt Samet book and then probably look for something familiar and comforting to read like Anne of Green Gables. I tend to reread that when I'm sick and in need of comfort.

I reread 1984 a few months ago and yes, it's way too much to handle in WD.  Maybe one for later.

Right before I got sick I got my own copy of Romola by George Eliot.  Love that book.  But my brain is too mashed for it at the moment.  It's pretty challenging.  I also got a book of essays by Wendell Berry.  That one will have to wait too.  Just gonna finish my Matt Samet book and then probably look for something familiar and comforting to read like Anne of Green Gables. I tend to reread that when I'm sick and in need of comfort.

Yeah definitely that’s why I go for easy reads. Just basic thrillers don’t seem to be too challenging.

I’ve got so many books in my library at home I have more than enough to keep me busy. Plus my hubby just bought me a new sewing machine. X

Did Matt sammet have bad insomnia? I’m tempted to read klonopin and howling wolves but I think I’ve got the gist. She hardly slept for 5.5 months

They have a movie out called 1984.  I watched it and it was depressing.

Yeah I like to read the books first. I won’t watch the movie til I read it. Books are always better. I’ve got a paperback but also Audio so I’ll use both when the time comes so I can listen when it gets too much for old lady brain 🧠

Yeah definitely that’s why I go for easy reads. Just basic thrillers don’t seem to be too challenging.

I’ve got so many books in my library at home I have more than enough to keep me busy. Plus my hubby just bought me a new sewing machine. X

Did Matt sammet have bad insomnia? I’m tempted to read klonopin and howling wolves but I think I’ve got the gist. She hardly slept for 5.5 months

He did have insomnia, but not as bad as some of us.  Seems like he was often able to catch at least 4 hours even during the worst of it, if I remember correctly.  But it was bad sleep filled with nightmares that would jerk him awake in a panic.  I think his worst symptoms were panic attacks, perceptual distortion, and DP/DR.

I just finished the lake house. Great book! It was very long, 600 pages, but stick with it, it’s a lovely story in the end x can’t remember who picked this one but I really enjoyed it x Thanku

I just finished the lake house. Great book! It was very long, 600 pages, but stick with it, it’s a lovely story in the end x can’t remember who picked this one but I really enjoyed it x Thanku

I finished Death Grip last night in the midst of my intractable insomnia and then also finished that book you told me about, Klonopin Withdrawal and Howling Dogs.  Not recommended!  It was so dark.  It gave me a lot of anxiety.  There was no indication she would get better til the last 5 pages, and even then she was just barely getting glimmers of hope - her first 7 hour night - her first window day, etc.  Mostly it was about her struggle with zero sleep and suicidal thoughts.  :-\

So, as if that were not punishment enough, I just started reading The Benzo Devil by R.W. Pharazyn.  Not sure I will finish it.  I think I've had it with benzo WD books for now.  I need to focus elsewhere.

Hello guys,

In the terms of coping with anxiety (even "curing it") I suggest you all that have this affection to read At last a life by Paul David, brilliant book.

:smitten:

Hello guys,

In the terms of coping with anxiety (even "curing it") I suggest you all that have this affection to read At last a life by Paul David, brilliant book.

:smitten:

Thanks for the recommendation!  I just had a sample sent to my Kindle. 

Yeah as much as I appreciate the suggestions of these books I read to distract so no distraction in books about bwd or anxiety. Best for me to read these when some healing is in place first x

Yeah as much as I appreciate the suggestions of these books I read to distract so no distraction in books about bwd or anxiety. Best for me to read these when some healing is in place first x

Good thinking!  I need to distract more too.

• 2 months later...

Hello to anyone still reading! 

I just finished reading The Desert of Glass by Michael Grumley. It is a sequel to The Last Monument that was on out list last winter and I know some of us read.  Wow that seems like eons ago!

This is the first book I’ve read in months.  Haven’t been able to focus on much lately except getting through the day.

Moving on to Night Road by Kristen Hannah.  Hope you all are doing tolerably well.  Let us know if and what you reading , if anything.  I see some of you around on the site.  :)

If any are up for it, maybe we could just share what we are reading and what we thought about it.

Best wishes to all! ;D

I'm reading The Brain's Way of Healing by Norman Doidge, M.D.  I love it!  It's inspires so much hope for recovery.  It's amazing how relatively simple things can drastically change the brain and push it towards healing. 

I'm reading The Brain's Way of Healing by Norman Doidge, M.D.  I love it!  It's inspires so much hope for recovery.  It's amazing how relatively simple things can drastically change the brain and push it towards healing.

I will check that out, sage hill

I can understand why that would be a hopeful thing for us to read.  Many days are so discouraging lately. Feels like our poor brains will never heal…..but we know they will!

Thanks for sharing that.

Hey 2 cats x glad ur reading again! Wow a sequel to the last monument sounds great! And Kristen Hannah is a fave of mine now too. I’m about to finish apples never fall by liane moriaty and the audio of a slow fire burning by Paula Hawkins. Both have been excellent. I was halfway thru the nightingale by Kristen Hannah but stopped to read apples, so I’ll go back to it when I’m done. X

Have u read pillars of the earth Girls? I got it from the thrift shop along with the sequel the other day. Along with Z about Zelda Fitzgerald, bridgerton the duke and I, and one of the Tudor Phillipa Gregory books to complete the series. My library is getting huge.

Now it’s getting cooler for u over there it will be lovely for you to snuggle in with a book. I had a couple of months where it was difficult to read too. Work has thrown me for a 6. No time to do anything anymore 😬

💕💕

Hey 2 cats x glad ur reading again! Wow a sequel to the last monument sounds great! And Kristen Hannah is a fave of mine now too. I’m about to finish apples never fall by liane moriaty and the audio of a slow fire burning by Paula Hawkins. Both have been excellent. I was halfway thru the nightingale by Kristen Hannah but stopped to read apples, so I’ll go back to it when I’m done. X

Have u read pillars of the earth Girls? I got it from the thrift shop along with the sequel the other day. Along with Z about Zelda Fitzgerald, bridgerton the duke and I, and one of the Tudor Phillipa Gregory books to complete the series. My library is getting huge.

Now it’s getting cooler for u over there it will be lovely for you to snuggle in with a book. I had a couple of months where it was difficult to read too. Work has thrown me for a 6. No time to do anything anymore 😬

💕💕

I read Pillars of the Earth.  It was absolutely addictive!

💕💕

I read Pillars of the Earth.  It was absolutely addictive!

I read Pillars of the Earth too.  It’s been a while ago but definitely agree with sage….. very addictive!

I think those books were glued to my hands for a while  ;D

Years ago I read some of thev Phillipa Gregory books.  The White Queen was the first one.  I should revisit them.   

I was wondering how your library was coming along, Shayna. I started getting a few here and there but I have no room for much so I’m being selective.    ;)

Oh great thanks girls! I felt like pillars sounded like a good one so I’m glad I got it!! I went to another thrift shop yesterday and got a slow fire burning Paula Hawkins (I’m listening to audio but it was $2 so had to grab that!) the idea of you robinne Lee (which I read already and loved) beautiful world where are you by sally rooney, the Paris affair by pip drysdale, the other people by cj Tudor and bonfire of the vanities by tom Wolfe. All for the price of a new book $18! Bargain!

For my birthday in October my hubby made me a reading nook which I’m sitting in right now. It’s so cozy. I spent some time arranging my shelves yesterday and have got all my faves and next reads close. I love it. Then I have another big book shelf to store the over flow. The plan is to read them all and swap at a book exchange as I go. I’m not getting vaxxed and from 17 December I won’t be allowed into libraries… but I’ll be ok since I have my own at home!

Just wish I had more time to read. Life is very busy now I’m back at work x

Did u both have a nice thanksgiving 🥰

Hey kits honey x been thinking about u lately x I hope u had a nice thanksgiving with ur boys Xx 😘

Great! Who knows when I will read it but I’m glad I have it.

Well kits I didn’t get anywhere near my goal of 100 books but I’m at 48 so I’m hoping to get to 50 for the year. Almost a book a week.

What’s ur number? 123? 🤣