Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Book lovers club!📙 New members welcome💕

[Sh...]

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Sh...]

• [ki...]

• [2c...]

• [La...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Shayna and Kits, you guys are both reading maniacs…..in a good way! :idiot:

I’m about a third of the way through Kristen Hannah’s Night Road.  It’s pretty good ….a big build up to a life changing event.  She’s building the tension very effectively!  Can’t put it down.

I’m about a third of the way through Kristen Hannah’s Night Road.  It’s pretty good ….a big build up to a life changing event.  She’s building the tension very effectively!  Can’t put it down.

Is it a female story? I’ve noticed most of hers are! Great thanks 2 cats I’ll read this one for sure x

A slow fire burning was ok. Not as good as girl in the train or into the water but it was ok.

Nearly finished apples never fall. Waiting for the plot twist!

I finished apples never fall. It wasn’t as good as the husbands secret but as usual it was a good read. She’s one of my faves.

I’m back into the nightingale and guys u have to read this book. It is brilliant!

I started listening to 1984 again. Gosh that book is just like pulling teeth. It’s shelves again, 3rd times a charm? 

Is it a female story? I’ve noticed most of hers are! Great thanks 2 cats I’ll read this one for sure x

A slow fire burning was ok. Not as good as girl in the train or into the water but it was ok.

Finished Kristen Hannah’s Night Road a couple  days ago.

Yes Shayna it is a female story…..super intense about loss, guilt and forgiveness.  I would never be in the place that the main character finds herself in (I don’t have kids) but Kristen Hannah’s writing made me feel everything she goes through. 

I’m moving on to something that looks a little lighter.  “Confessions of a Curious Bookseller, A Novel, by Elizabeth Green.  Looks like it might have some humor in it. 

I watched the movie 1984 decades ago.  It was really depressing and I'm sure the book is too.

Yeah I just struggle with it. It’s so heavy. I’ll try again at some stage but when it feels like work I lose interest!

Yes Shayna it is a female story…..super intense about loss, guilt and forgiveness.  I would never be in the place that the main character finds herself in (I don’t have kids) but Kristen Hannah’s writing made me feel everything she goes through. 

I’m moving on to something that looks a little lighter.  “Confessions of a Curious Bookseller, A Novel, by Elizabeth Green.  Looks like it might have some humor in it.

I do love Kristen Hannah. She’s becoming one of my favorites. I’ll be sad when I finish this book but it’s also very sad. I can’t imagine how difficult it must have been during the war. I hope I never see one in my lifetime.

I went to see dune at the movies today. I really liked it, I did want to read the book first but oh well. Jason mamoa. … phoar  :D that’s what he’s been doing lately  8)

I do love Kristen Hannah. She’s becoming one of my favorites. I’ll be sad when I finish this book but it’s also very sad. I can’t imagine how difficult it must have been during the war. I hope I never see one in my lifetime.

I went to see dune at the movies today. I really liked it, I did want to read the book first but oh well. Jason mamoa. … phoar  :D that’s what he’s been doing lately  8)

Oh man I read Dune years ago.  Another one I should revisit or maybe just watch the new movie. I think there are a couple of sequels to the book maybe .  Haven’t seen the new movie….only the old one with Sting in it heh heh!

I don’t think I’ve read The Nightingale.  Maybe the next read.  I loved The Library Book by Susan Orlean (non-fiction) and just realized she had some other books that look good for when I’m in anon-fiction kind of mood.

Oh man I read Dune years ago.  Another one I should revisit or maybe just watch the new movie. I think there are a couple of sequels to the book maybe .  Haven’t seen the new movie….only the old one with Sting in it heh heh!

I don’t think I’ve read The Nightingale.  Maybe the next read.  I loved The Library Book by Susan Orlean (non-fiction) and just realized she had some other books that look good for when I’m in anon-fiction kind of mood.

I think maybe when I read dune now it will be easy to follow now I know the basics. I have the trilogy. I think there’s about 5-6 books in the series but frank herbert didn’t write the others. He had passed away years earlier.

I’m reading a novel based on the life of Zelda Fitzgerald now.

If u get to read the nightingale u will love it. I finished reading it on my lunch break at work and could hardly keep it together! Sooooo sad but also a beautiful story x

Hi everyone, I’m new here. What book are you on at the moment?

Hi hardy! Welcome xx

We had a big list and quite a few girls in the gang but they’ve all kinda dropped off. Now we just talk about whatever book we’re reading atm. X

What are ur favourites? What are u reading now? Xx

I just finished The Brain's Way of Healing.  It was fascinating.  Neuroplasticity is a favorite subject of mine because it gives such hope to those of us with brain injuries!

I'm now rereading the new edition of Full Catastrophe Living by Jon Kabat Zinn.  Also very hopeful reading, and useful too.  For those who don't know, it's about how mindfulness and meditation improves lives.

I just finished The Brain's Way of Healing.  It was fascinating.  Neuroplasticity is a favorite subject of mine because it gives such hope to those of us with brain injuries!

I'm now rereading the new edition of Full Catastrophe Living by Jon Kabat Zinn.  Also very hopeful reading, and useful too.  For those who don't know, it's about how mindfulness and meditation improves lives.

The Brain’s Way of Healing sounds really interesting, sage.  I’ll have to put it on my request list at the library. I’ve always been fascinated with the brain.

I just requested The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah.  Shayna just read it. Also a book by  Susan Orlean called On Animals (non fiction) and the newest John Grisham which I am about 125 in line for that one. Hah

I’m starting to get excited about reading again.  I read very little during the summer.  Love the suggestions from everyone.

The Brain’s Way of Healing sounds really interesting, sage.  I’ll have to put it on my request list at the library. I’ve always been fascinated with the brain.

I just requested The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah.  Shayna just read it. Also a book by  Susan Orlean called On Animals (non fiction) and the newest John Grisham which I am about 125 in line for that one. Hah

I’m starting to get excited about reading again.  I read very little during the summer.  Love the suggestions from everyone.

I"ll have to try The Nightingale.  It sounds interesting!

Update:  I just placed a hold at my library and I'm 3rd in line.  It must be good, it's obviously popular!

It’s very sad sage. I don’t cry during books but it got me. But their strength and bravery is exemplary. Xx

Well I cry buckets, so maybe I ought to save it for later when my emotions are not so volatile!  Covid is weird.  It really screwed with my brain.  I can't even talk to my mom for long without blubbering  ::)

It’s very sad sage. I don’t cry during books but it got me. But their strength and bravery is exemplary. Xx

Well I cry buckets, so maybe I ought to save it for later when my emotions are not so volatile!  Covid is weird.  It really screwed with my brain.  I can't even talk to my mom for long without blubbering  ::)

My sister told me she read it last year and also said it’s very emotional…..I’m like you right now, sage, although I think my blubbering is benzo withdrawal….. I also cry at everything even sappy commercials on TV.  I think I will start it and see how I do… ;)

Hi all, lovely to get ideas what books to read, thank you. I have just finished Grisham’s The Judges List and am now reading The Good Wife by Elizabeth Buchan…….not my choice, lent to my by my sister who has indeed been a good wife………me? …..not so sure, should be The Tired Wife.

Sending healing hugs.

Nice hardy xx yep I hear ya on the tired wife! I’ve never read a Grisham. I have the brethren.

I hate when u start a new book after a really good one. I just can’t get interested! So frustrating!

Yesterday I thrifted lord of the flies, the scarlet letter, the last anniversary (the last one I needed to complete my liane moriaty collection) the lady of Avalon (mist of Avalon) and John by Cynthia Lennon.

I really need to commit! Haha

I read Lord of Flies years ago and can't remember what it was about.  I also saw the movie The Scarlet Letter and not really sure what that was about either.