Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Book lovers club!📙 New members welcome💕

[Sh...]

Yeah I read the Scarlet Letter in school a hundred years ago! ;)

I know what you mean Shayna about starting a new book after reading a great one. I’m having the same problem but I feel like I need to read something a bit lighter before I jump into The Nightingale.

Hardy, did you like The Judges List?  I’m due to get it from the library soon!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Sh...]

• [ki...]

• [2c...]

• [La...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember watching lord of the flies when I was a kid and it seriously traumatized me!

Scarlet letter is about a woman who has an affair back in the I’m going to say pilgrim times? So she has to wear a big red a for adultery becks.

Both great stories tho!

Yes prepare for nightingale I couldn’t put it down but it’s difficult to imagine how those poor people survived

I do remember in The Scarlet Letter that the lady had to wear a big "A" on the front of her garments and that she was an adulterer.  Or is it "adulteress" because she was female?

Hi 2cats, yes I really enjoyed the Judges List, classic Grisham but always a few good twists. Hope you get it soon and can enjoy.  Healing hugs.

Hi 2cats, yes I really enjoyed the Judges List, classic Grisham but always a few good twists. Hope you get it soon and can enjoy.  Healing hugs.

Thanks Hardy.. well actually I’m 137th on the list but I found out my sister is only 27th on the list so after she’s done she’ll pass it on to me…  :thumbsup:

What’s your favorite Grisham?

• 7 months later...
Book club buddies… I know our club is defunct but I wanted to thank you for giving me something to look forward to when I was very unwell. Chatting with u girls helped so much and I felt nothing but joy during our active days x I’ll never forget our little club  x love u all

Hey Shayna….  Back at ya! 

I miss the book club! It was also a great thing for me. :D

I’m am so happy that you are healing and that you have been sharing this part of your journey with us. It is so encouraging and I can’t wait to be on that road too. 

Yeah we had some pretty good times with our books.  Some of you gals were book monsters, reading so many books.  I’m still reading although a bit more slowly right now.

I wish all the best for you, my friend.  :smitten:

Thanks honey x ur day is coming too. I’m not fully there but enough to be happy.

I’m reading so much slower! But I have traded reading for all the things I missed when I was sick so it’s ok. I do love my books still. I’ve finally started the Phillipa Gregory Tudor series. So far I absolutely love it!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Shay! Yes we had some fun threads including this one. I join 2cats in saying I miss the book club too!

Love you all very much! Best buddies I ever known ❤️

Last I heard from Kits was maybe a month ago when she posted in Begood’s village with an update. Perhaps you can go there and read what she said.  :thumbsup:

Boo! (Hope that wasn’t too spooky 😆) I’m still reading, much slower this year. I’m only on book 28. I’ve been trying to get out in the world more and at the end of my taper I really slowed down. Love you all. 🥰

Oh hey honey!!!! Yep, it’s great to get back out there. I’m glad u have slowed down it gives us a chance to catch up hehe. I’m only on book 16 I think.

Love to u little kits hope ur well xx

Nice to hear from you Kits ;D

What are you reading? I’m reading John Grisham’s latest.

Glad you’re doing ok! 

• 2 weeks later...

Good book I'm going to try read it again I found it helpful when I'm able to read properly again .

Nova  :smitten:

Can't Hurt Me: Master Your Mind and Defy the Odds by David Goggins

For David Goggins, childhood was a nightmare -- poverty, prejudice, and physical abuse colored his days and haunted his nights. But through self-discipline, mental toughness, and hard work, Goggins transformed himself from a depressed, overweight young man with no future into a U.S. Armed Forces icon and one of the world's top endurance athletes. The only man in history to complete elite training as a Navy SEAL, Army Ranger, and Air Force Tactical Air Controller, he went on to set records in numerous endurance events, inspiring Outside magazine to name him "The Fittest (Real) Man in America."

In Can't Hurt Me, he shares his astonishing life story and reveals that most of us tap into only 40% of our capabilities. Goggins calls this The 40% Rule, and his story illuminates a path that anyone can follow to push past pain, demolish fear, and reach their full potential.