Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Resilience to Normal Life

[Le...]

Anyone else find themselves at the point where normal life events really have less effect on them now?  Like after being through this it is the only thing that can really bother you and things like the neighbours dog making a mess of the lawn and all the petty stuff has no effect anymore. 

Recent for me but very welcome. 

[jo...]
Just now, [[L...] said:

Anyone else find themselves at the point where normal life events really have less effect on them now?  Like after being through this it is the only thing that can really bother you and things like the neighbours dog making a mess of the lawn and all the petty stuff has no effect anymore. 

I feel like that sometimes. Other times everything bothers me. The pattern on my socks bothers me sometimes. I cant even look at my fkn feet:ROFLMAO:

• Like 1

[Le...]

hehe. i hope it lasts for me then. i used to be bothered by a lot. People who deny evolution. people who drive 2kmph under the speed limit. people who think bulldogs are cute. i am so live and let live and a hundred other cliches now that i am almost impossible to gaslight even. it is sort of wonderful. 

[jo...]
31 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

hehe. i hope it lasts for me then. i used to be bothered by a lot. People who deny evolution. people who drive 2kmph under the speed limit. people who think bulldogs are cute. i am so live and let live and a hundred other cliches now that i am almost impossible to gaslight even. it is sort of wonderful. 

I felt like that on benzos. Not so much now.

[Le...]

i guess i am lucky i have no positive memories attached to pills. 

• Like 1

[st...]

If anything annoyed me, it was myself, but now, no matter what I do, I’m like “You did ok”. Not a perfectionist anymore.

[Le...]

nice attitude. 

1 minute ago, [[s...] said:

If anything annoyed me, it was myself, but now, no matter what I do, I’m like “You did ok”. Not a perfectionist anymore.

• Love 1

[Tw...]
1 hour ago, [[L...] said:

My problem is my loved ones making a big deal over the petty stuff. It is really stressing me out and making my withdrawals worse. 

[Le...]
1 minute ago, [[T...] said:

My problem is my loved ones making a big deal over the petty stuff. It is really stressing me out and making my withdrawals worse. 

I cant speak to your situation but for me now I realize I was having extreme reactions to other people and percieving it as extreme reactions from them triggering me.  When i figured out that i was reacting strongly to the empathic effect of their emotions it helped a bit. 

[Tw...]
Just now, [[L...] said:

I cant speak to your situation but for me now I realize I was having extreme reactions to other people and percieving it as extreme reactions from them triggering me.  When i figured out that i was reacting strongly to the empathic effect of their emotions it helped a bit. 

@[Le...] Exactly I am having extreme reactions to other people. Since I am off the benzos now, these people's negativity is highlighted and standing out to me. 

[Kr...]

@[Le...]i know you’re all better now. How long were you in K and how long have you been off? 

[Le...]
27 minutes ago, [[T...] said:

@[Le...] Exactly I am having extreme reactions to other people. Since I am off the benzos now, these people's negativity is highlighted and standing out to me. 

they cant act totally calm always about everything and arent really aware of the effect on you. also it you are a mom then you are the one people go to for help and comfort usually so you are going to get more of it. I have no perfect solution other than realizing it isnt intentional so you dont hold it against them. i really wish i had more practical advice. i will think on it. 

[Le...]
16 minutes ago, [[K...] said:

@[Le...]i know you’re all better now. How long were you in K and how long have you been off? 

I have a few residual issues but am doing ok. it took me a long time to realize how much i was experiencing still was from reliving a very long unpleasant experience. i could have done better.  over a few years on and over a few years off. 

[ns...]
3 hours ago, [[j...] said:

I feel like that sometimes. Other times everything bothers me. The pattern on my socks bothers me sometimes. I cant even look at my fkn feet:ROFLMAO:

🤣🤣🤣