Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Book lovers club!📙 New members welcome💕

[Sh...]

Shayna, I don’t have a problem with that! I got a copy of Light After the War off eBay for cheap and it will be here soon. Still waiting on Winter Garden and my library has plenty of copies of The Woman in the Window.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Sh...]

• [ki...]

• [2c...]

• [La...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome 👏🏽 Kits. It’s should be enough of a lead time for everyone to get a copy sorted. We get 1 month per borrow but I’ve still got 4 books to read before then. I might have to extend it once.

I bought a copy of light after war from thrift shop and my library has free audiobook of it too x

Have u started wolves yet kits? My book is huge! But they only had large print version so it’s bigger than it actually is

I’m 30 pages in on Wolves, my copy is 370 pages. I’ve been feeling crazy fatigue the last few days so reading has been slow. I ordered The Lost Queen off Amazon beings I had a gift card. My library doesn’t have a copy.

Here’s the first 7 picks!

Book #1 In a Dark, Dark Wood - Ruth Ware

Book #2 Walk in the Woods - Bill Bryson

Book #3 The Tenderness of Wolves - Stef Penney

Book #4 The Light After the War - Anita Abriel

Book #5 Winter Garden - Kristin Hannah

Book #6 The Woman in the Window - AJ Finn

Book #7 The Lost Queen - Signe Pike

Wait... so maybe we have a chance at keeping up with you?  >:D

Just kidding x I’m sorry about fatigue honey. Do u think it was last cut? I hope it lifts for u soon. I don’t think I’d like it if u weren’t kicking our butts reading. It would just be wierd.  :smitten:

My copy of wolves is 584 pages! But large print.

I was suprised my library hat lost queen. I’m looking forward to it I love Celtic fantasy fiction. When I was younger I read a series by Caiseal Mor an Aussie novelist but his books are mostly Irish fantasy. The wanderers series was excellent. It’s the reason I chose all Celtic names for my kids besides being from Celtic ancestry. Excited to read another book of this genre.

Glad u got a copy kits. X

Here’s the first 7 picks!

Book #1 In a Dark, Dark Wood - Ruth Ware

Book #2 Walk in the Woods - Bill Bryson

Book #3 The Tenderness of Wolves - Stef Penney

Book #4 The Light After the War - Anita Abriel

Book #5 Winter Garden - Kristin Hannah

Book #6 The Woman in the Window - AJ Finn

Book #7 The Lost Queen - Signe Pike

Thanks kits!

I’m in ch 16 of dark dark wood. Was finally able to get started. I have no preference of book order

Thanks to those who are keeping up with all that!! :-*

My monthly is due any day so I suspect that’s the reason I have fatigue. I just started noticing it yesterday. Don’t want to get off the couch. 😆😆 I did the Ancestry.com genetics testing and found that I’m nearly equal parts Scottish/English/Irish with a dash of German and Swedish.

I’m in ch 16 of dark dark wood. Was finally able to get started. I have no preference of book order

Thanks to those who are keeping up with all that!! :-*

That’s great 2cats x Thanku x it’s an easy read isn’t it? Just east to follow and interesting. Love books like that x

My monthly is due any day so I suspect that’s the reason I have fatigue. I just started noticing it yesterday. Don’t want to get off the couch. 😆😆 I did the Ancestry.com genetics testing and found that I’m nearly equal parts Scottish/English/Irish with a dash of German and Swedish.

That sucks kits. I know u get a hard time when Flo comes to visit. Old hag! Feel better x

I got the duke and I as my free audiobook from audible yesterday, that’s the book Bridgerton is based on so I’ll be interested to read that.

Omg kits were the same except for Swedish. God the celts got around didn’t they. Have u seen the movie far and away? I’d say there’s a lot of British ancestry due to the land grab x I lived in Western Australia for a year and there are heaps of Irish there. All the pubs are English/Irish. St Patrick’s day in perth is epic  :laugh:

Yes! I loved Far and Away!

Me too  :) dont you wish you could be around back then in some ways? everything was new.

Ok I am sorted for every book except for riding in cars with boys, but Ill try and find a free audiobook for that one. Ive used all my credits up on audible now.

I bought a cheap copy of that one on eBay too. 😆

Yeah I bought wonderful tonight on ebay it’s coming from America but I can’t find a cheap one yet for cars. I’ll keep looking.

Just finished in a dark dark wood. Great book. Twisty... thought I guessed it but nope. I enjoyed it! Great pick.

Yes! She kept you thinking it was one or the other practically until the end!

I’m 70 pages in on Wolves. It’s a bit of a slow start so far, but I think someone mentioned that it might be. My mom is picking up my son from school tomorrow so I hope to knock out some more reading tomorrow. Spent this morning cleaning our garage and I’m tired!

Yes! She kept you thinking it was one or the other practically until the end!

I’m 70 pages in on Wolves. It’s a bit of a slow start so far, but I think someone mentioned that it might be. My mom is picking up my son from school tomorrow so I hope to knock out some more reading tomorrow. Spent this morning cleaning our garage and I’m tired!

Yeah I was like oh hang on... it’s her.. no it’s her... argh! Really good.

Yeah Bessie said but of a slow start but gets better. I have 2 chapters left of walk in the woods then I’m starting wolves.

Lovely kits u get a little rest x Great u cleaned out the garage ... I know I’m going to sort thru my walk-in robe today. And I’d just like to say I use “walk-in” loosely. I haven’t been able to walk-in for a long time it’s more like climb in. But I don’t want to throw my skinny clothes out yet! I hope I’ll get back into them one day.

I’ve downloaded the light at the end of war to listen to while I work, and then I’ll read wolves tonight x

Finished dark dark wood and started on A Walk in the Woods.  Dark, dark wood was twisty.  I didn’t really like any of the characters except maybe Nora but I think that was the intent.  I had a pretty good idea who did it but as others have said not completely sure. 

A Walk in the Woods will be a nice change of genre.  Already have Wolves from library. 

Enjoying all the books, ladies! Having fun!

This last cut from Ativan is killing me!  A lot of muscle pain.  I try not to think about doing this for at least another year, Bleh!  Hope everyone is hanging in there. The reading is a nice distraction.  :D

Finished dark dark wood and started on A Walk in the Woods.  Dark, dark wood was twisty.  I didn’t really like any of the characters except maybe Nora but I think that was the intent.  I had a pretty good idea who did it but as others have said not completely sure. 

A Walk in the Woods will be a nice change of genre.  Already have Wolves from library. 

Enjoying all the books, ladies! Having fun!

This last cut from Ativan is killing me!  A lot of muscle pain.  I try not to think about doing this for at least another year, Bleh!  Hope everyone is hanging in there. The reading is a nice distraction.  :D

It’s a great distraction isn’t it. God knows we need it x walk in the woods is funny. There are a few times he goes a bit too into geology and I started to hear crickets, but it’s very interesting in some instances too. I’ve enjoyed it mostly. I laughed out loud quite a few times.

Sorry ur feeling the last cut 2 cats. I’ve had a rough week too. One foot in front of the other x

Shayna, I’m a geologist (for real). 😆😆😆

I know and I love u for it 😆 no disrespect x

It’s not that I don’t find it interesting but for the lay person it’s just a bit too much rock talk . Haha

It’s kinda like when I read Life by Keith Richards. I loved it, but when he started talking about different guitar riffs and keys and types of guitars I was like... yawn. But my mate who’s a guitar teacher, she totally got it and was into it. Where as I just wanted to hear about that one time when the stones partied with the Beatles.  :laugh:

Hey ladies! I’m still behind and slow on my reading! Today was my birthday so it was a busy day today, but a very good day! I didn’t get any books for gifts though! Lol 😜 I suppose he sees all the ones I have here to read and figured I didn’t need anymore! I was very spoiled though. I’ll get to reading this weekend!> :)

Shayna, I’m a geologist (for real). 😆😆😆

I know and I love u for it 😆 no disrespect x

It’s not that I don’t find it interesting but for the lay person it’s just a bit too much rock talk . Haha

It’s kinda like when I read Life by Keith Richards. I loved it, but when he started talking about different guitar riffs and keys and types of guitars I was like... yawn. But my mate who’s a guitar teacher, she totally got it and was into it. Where as I just wanted to hear about that one time when the stones partied with the Beatles.  :laugh:

I’m just razzing you. 🥰 I know exactly what you mean!