• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [La...]

• [Fl...]

• [Fi...]

• [Ja...]

I don’t know how many of you have seen Jordan Peterson debate, but let’s just say that if he sees the light on Benzos it will be huge for the community IMO.

I'm not holding my breath, but if it does get to the point where he campaigns against the dangers of benzos it will be the best thing that ever happened for the benzo community. There have been plenty of celebrities who have been affected by benzos but none who were famous intellectual professor/psychologists at the peak of their fame.

He is supposed to be part of a putative group of "Dark Web" intellectuals from the right side of the cultural spectrum. And he is strongly supported by a lot of young white males.

The idea of such a person coming into contact with his deepest anxieties and fears, and perhaps finding out he might be, at least temporarily, disabled, is fascinating to me.  I hope he will grow as a person and not project or overlay his dark places to become darker in response.

I'm trying to think of a better candidate for this in a perfect world.  But if this happened to a rush or a tucker or a joe rogan even, we might not even hear about it or know.

I don’t know how many of you have seen Jordan Peterson debate, but let’s just say that if he sees the light on Benzos it will be huge for the community IMO.

I'm not holding my breath, but if it does get to the point where he campaigns against the dangers of benzos it will be the best thing that ever happened for the benzo community. There have been plenty of celebrities who have been affected by benzos but none who were famous intellectual professor/psychologists at the peak of their fame.

Yes!!!  :thumbsup:

I know who he is because I tend to watch lots of youtube video's on topics like his, even my son (39 years old) knows who he is.  In fact I texted him a link about this when I heard.

East ... to find out who he is just search his name on youtube.

I'm really curious how he will handle the benzo wd. Seems like he is doing a rapid detox too. Hopefully he doesn't take an IQ hit.

I've been watching his podcasts on rogan for years. He's is a wise and intelligent man.

I want to (very gently) remind everyone that he and his daughter have been invited by multiple people to be a part of this board. I agree wholeheartedly that we would benefit from the voice of powerful actors, but I would encourage moderation in how we discuss the positives of this man potentially going through hell. I haven’t always been great about that myself. So no blame. The people here are very compassionate on BB. That’s why I think the best thing is to keep reaching out to them and other people who have been affected by tragedies like this. ESP if  themselves are public figures who have spoken out about it publicly. Lena Dunham, EMINEM, Lil Xan (the name says it all), the families of those lost at least in part to benzos (and if the families are  themselves speaking about it publicly). I don’t know their family situations but Robin Williams, Tom Petty, Brittany Murphy, Health Ledger, Prince and on and on. Maybe it won’t do much, but simply hoping someone comes around after being affected is not the same as reaching out and offering community. People come together over common grief and common anger. But it can’t just be a letter here or there. Sorry, enough soapboxing out of me, I just want us to think about reaching out to people with compassion, and it’s okay if our motives are a little selfish. Every great cause is directly connected to the interest of those it represents.

He is supposed to be part of a putative group of "Dark Web" intellectuals from the right side of the cultural spectrum. And he is strongly supported by a lot of young white males.

The idea of such a person coming into contact with his deepest anxieties and fears, and perhaps finding out he might be, at least temporarily, disabled, is fascinating to me.  I hope he will grow as a person and not project or overlay his dark places to become darker in response.

I'm trying to think of a better candidate for this in a perfect world.  But if this happened to a rush or a tucker or a joe rogan even, we might not even hear about it or know.

I’d recommend listening to his words and not what the media have written about him. I knew someone would quickly knock him. So fascinating. God forbid that “young white males” find value in someone teaching them how to take responsibility for their lives and contribute to their communities. But I won’t argue about this all day. I know it could go on and on. I hope he becomes an advocate for the community. He would be a great one. Sorry you don’t think so.

Laugh, people, but who the heck is Jordan Petersen??? We need all the allies we can find.

east

Here is one author's critique of Jordan Peterson's "work":

https://jacobinmag.com/2018/02/jordan-peterson-enlightenment-nietzsche-alt-right

"Jordan Peterson's thought is filled with pseudo-science, bad pop psychology, and deep irrationalism. In other words, he’s full of shit."

edit: Maybe he was full of something but it appears he is at least temporarily void of fruit, vegetables and his medication.

Everything he has said always made sense to me. There is a lot of misinformation about him out there. He’s a very smart guy and is very outspoken. It would be good for him to speak out about this but I don’t want to see him go through what I have gone through. I am thinking about what he is going through right now and it hits close to home. Even hearing how sadly ignorant his daughter is on the subject reminds me of my family. Even when I figured it out and told them they still couldn’t believe it. This poor guy is going to go through hell. Rehab was a huge mistake. God, please help this man. Benzo withdrawal is so lonely.

He is strongly supported by a lot of young white males because society has slowly beat them down over the past 60 years and Jordan isn't afraid to call this out. It is interesting that you would even bring this up in the context you did.

If you truly believe that Jordan's message is "dark", you know nothing about him. The media has incessantly demonized him because he refuses to toe the party line but as evidenced by the hit piece article about him that was posted above, no one seems to want to try to refute his facts, they simply resort to character assassination. They can't discredit his argument with facts of their own so they are happy to smear him as a misogynistic nazi who is "full of shit" so hopefully people won't bother to listen to what he has to say.

Watch the Cathy Newman train wreck interview if you don't believe me. She personifies everything that is wrong with society and she got her ass handed to her by Peterson.

He is strongly supported by a lot of young white males because society has slowly beat them down over the past 60 years and Jordan isn't afraid to call this out. It is interesting that you would even bring this up in the context you did.

If you truly believe that Jordan's message is "dark", you know nothing about him. The media has incessantly demonized him because he refuses to toe the party line but as evidenced by the hit piece article about him that was posted above, no one seems to want to try to refute his facts, they simply resort to character assassination. They can't discredit his argument with facts of their own so they are happy to smear him as a misogynistic nazi who is "full of shit" so hopefully people won't bother to listen to what he has to say.

Watch the Cathy Newman train wreck interview if you don't believe me. She personifies everything that is wrong with society and she got her ass handed to her by Peterson.

http://theconversation.com/psychologist-jordan-peterson-says-lobsters-help-to-explain-why-human-hierarchies-exist-do-they-90489

I wonder if Peterson's "lobster analogy" is continuously looping through his crustacean related mind now that he is off his med?

Edit: The link shared above refutes his so called "facts" and ends with this paragraph:

"What’s more, the animal kingdom is full of examples of hierarchies, with the highest level of organisation observed in insects. These are as closely related to us as lobsters are – they also have serotonin and nervous systems. In the world of bees, the queen is much larger than the males and the only fertile female. She lays all the eggs in the colony after being fertilised by several males. After breeding season, the males are driven out of the colony and die. If we chose to organise society in this “natural” way, would we be okay with that?"

I wonder if Peterson's "lobster analogy" is continuously looping through his crustacean related mind now that he is off his med?

For someone who has never heard of Peterson until today you seem to have formed some pretty strong negative opinions about him.

Its a sad state of affairs when people are judged on the spur of the moment based upon a couple of hit piece articles on google, but it doesn't really surprise me.

I’d recommend listening to his words and not what the media have written about him. I knew someone would quickly knock him. So fascinating. God forbid that “young white males” find value in someone teaching them how to take responsibility for their lives and contribute to their communities. But I won’t argue about this all day. I know it could go on and on. I hope he becomes an advocate for the community. He would be a great one. Sorry you don’t think so.

I have had some exposure to him and his speech, albeit critical, and I am only trying to be generally descriptive of where he seems to be situated, not be unfair. But he is a public figure with a large portfolio. I'm not going to talk about it any more, because I do want to welcome him to this site, and hope for his healing. The last point I made was actually saying that he would indeed be a good spokesperson. Maybe I didn't phrase it right.

I have to say, if someone with an ideology I absolutely despised had a huge platform and could potentially be an advocate for us, I would cheer that person. I think it’s a shame that one would let perceived or actual ideological differences stand in the way of our cause. Really sad.

psychologist promotes ssri's

then his daughter eats only meat cause she thinks humans are like lions

psychologist begins eating only meat as suggested byhis daughter

his wife gets cancer

in his grief, he turns to benzos

after benzos, he goes to rehab to get clean

in the future he will realize the discovery and enlightenment of what geting clean really means, not just in drug-free but clean diet, clean mind, clean environment around

i hope his story brings ight to so many still suffering in the darkness

Is there a way to be removed from a thread's notifications?

Just go to "profile" ---> "account settings", then hover over the "modify profile" option and there is a "notifications" button where you should be able to adjust your notifications for particular threads.

Laugh, people, but who the heck is Jordan Petersen??? We need all the allies we can find.

east

https://jacobinmag.com/2018/02/jordan-peterson-enlightenment-nietzsche-alt-right

"Jordan Peterson's thought is filled with pseudo-science, bad pop psychology, and deep irrationalism. In other words, he’s full of shit."

edit: Maybe he was full of something but it appears he is at least temporarily void of fruit, vegetables and his medication.

Ahhh - Once again I wish BBs had a like button. ....

Remember not everyone has a horrific or protracted WD so he might get off relatively easy.

I'm concerned because he said he had horrific symptoms from attempted a cold turkey, so we know he may already be injured and now facing a second round of cold turkey soon. He has a long history of depression and autoimmune illness, plus a history with an SSRI. He has been doing an all meat diet to deal with the autoimmune illness, like his daughter.

So, not sure what the plan is to detox him with but Mikhaila said in the YT video, they will use other medication including short acting benzos to detox him off clonazapam, which she referred to as a long acting benzo. She was under the impression that clonazepam is harder to come off than other benzos too because she apparently easily came off of lorazepam.

east

Ahhh - Once again I wish BBs had a like button. ....

Ahhh - Once again your radical ideology prevents you from seeing the benefit of potentially furthering our cause of getting the word out.

Really? Because the magazine article he likes comes from a radical leftist publication. Listen, I’m done with this thread. I’m not getting into a twitter war on BenzoBuddies. It’s a sad fact that people won’t put ideology aside for a minute to notice that benzos and health are a bigger issue. And that’s a real shame.