Teva Clonazepam Discontinued Group

[Sc...]

Intend,

The reason the benzo's are not that expensive is because the insurance companies are subsidizing them.

If they aren't cheap because of the the insurance, then the money comes because of the high volume of sales.  My pharmacist said there are a lot of people on them who do NOT want to try to get off because they like the "world" they are living in now instead of the horrible world we've been thrown into by the drug making us sick or us trying to come off of it.

Either way, you can relax.  Benzo's aren't going anywhere too soon. 

I believe the medical profession is becoming more and more aware of their dangers and aren't giving them away like candy as they used to, but they still use them and there are still plenty of people on them.

I read the stats one time and it was incredible how much of this stuff is being prescribed WORLD-WIDE!

Hope you can sleep better.  You'll be ok.  Keep tapering and you'll get off of them before anything major happens.  This would have to take years.

Lynn,

You are very affirming of the situation with these drugs. It’s always good to have someone like you point out the facts.

You appear to know about the money process as far as the subsidizing of them, and if I recall correctly, I mentioned the volume of sales for these drugs.

But since I been switched from Actavis to Sandoz to Actavis to Sandoz and now Actavis again, and all with holds in between, I will have to wait and see. I have a highly sensitized CNS w/o ever taking any other psychotropics.

And I have that complicating factor which is idiopathic subglottic stenosis. I’ve had 14 surgeries on my trachea because of that. It’s a very touchy area of my entire throat. And that includes the removal of over 2.5 inches of my trachea. All these surgeries helped me a lot, but I do not believe anyone could handle all these surgeries and being switched around on these 2 different  clonazepams w/o feeling somewhat wary not only of the clonazepam drugs sticking around, but also of how these different generics affect me and how they affect my throat.

I seriously worry about all of this because I’ve pretty much reached the end of my rope as far as surgeries, and being given another generic. I’ll just have to wait and see on this.

But you are very knowledgeable it seems, so I believe you about clonazepam in general being around for years.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [In...]

• [Du...]

• [NJ...]

• [Li...]

Top Posters In This Topic

The brands here seem to be Accord and koho (or some such?).  And some pharmacies  can get name brand and some not. 

Whole thing seems like a scam. 

Maybe they make generics so bad so people will request name brand?

It really does seem fishy

Dub,

To me, it seems like you are “feeding into” these speculations by comments from Barbara. I would appreciate it you would not do this.

Yesterday, I asked you why you thought Actavis clonazepam would be around for awhile, and you did not even give me your opinion about that. And when I speculated myself that perhaps eventually all these drug companies who are not making  clonazepam anymore would lead to all benzos being not made anymore, you said you hoped that this wasn’t true, and that you were trying to remain positive.

If remaining positive is what you want to do, then I’m asking you to do that. I’m asking you to please not go “back and forth” with what you seem unable or not willing to say to me while at the same time you appear to “affirm” what Barbara says that all of this is a scam or as you say fishy.

I realize that all of us are sometimes fearful of many things due to being on any benzo, but I can assure you that I’m doing my best to remain “grounded “ about all of this, and that is very difficult on its own for me.

And I realize you can say what you want, but these are my observations upon reading these posts.

Sorry intend I didn’t mean to offend you in any way. I don’t feel good and I come here for support not to argue with anyone. And I don’t think their going to stop making clonazepam because so many ppl take them for seizures. Sorry again if I offended you, my apologies :)

Dub,

I’m sorry myself. I know you don’t feel well, and neither do I. You’re a decent guy just like all of us here try to figure out what to do. No worries.  :thumbsup:

Jlavogt, yes, I am on actavis.  My taper is going fairly rough.  But I have kindled and the mistakes the dr's made with me to start with and then throughout has really messed me up.  I don't think the generic is the culprit.  I noticed some difficulty coming off of North Star at first, but I stabilized somewhat on actavis and then I went liquid.  I had trouble with that and went with the scales.  They were a joke and fluctuated so much [bought two--one expensive, the other moderate and neither were accurate enough].  So, I went back to liquid and am struggling through that. 

If the liquid taper is making me bad, then that is too bad because that's the only option I have anymore.  I have never done well on benzo's.  After surgery, they gave me some very high doses of potent opioids.  One doctor later said "they really socked it to you!"  The surgery was out of state from an accident and they sent me home to recover in the hills of WV.  Well, I was so nauseated and sick every day.  I called the hospital every day asking why I am so sick [i never took pills or supplements and ate healthy and was strong and a hard worker].  They told me it was the anesthesia.  I believed them.  They finally told me after 10 days that it was probably the pain meds [high opioids].  I read a story in the newspaper about a fella who went through withdrawal for over 5 months when exposed to the exact opioids for 10 days like I was [he even tapered and didn't use the full doses like I did] So, being strong and determined to get rid of the nausea [AND being ignorant of opioids], I just stopped the pain meds.  I felt really sick and lost a lot of weight in 20 days and could not sleep and felt highly agitated and wanted to die.  I finally went to a nearby clinic and got in just as they were closing.  The dr. there never asked me my drug history and I was too sick to put two and two together about the opioids.  She immediately put me on 1.5 mg. ativan and an antidepressant.  This helped only minimally and I continued being sick [benzo's DO NOT cure opioid withdrawal and that's what I was suffering from, but I didn't know it].  I didn't know what else to do, so I kept taking the benzo and antidepressant.  When I was told about a month later that there are dangers in the benzo and antidepressant, I cut them back rather quickly and suffered intensely.  Withdrawal!!!  Now I had to fight an opioid withdrawal, benzo withdrawal and possible antidepressant withdrawal.  Since then they've tried every drug in the book for me. My system was never used to this attack of poisons and I have suffered ever since.  Dr.'s upped the dose and then told me to w/d too quickly.  The rest is history.  I am having a hard time because some of us just do so genetically or because of being ill-advised by the dr's.  My last dr. upped me so quickly telling me that I was never HIGH enough for a therapeutic effect.  I believed him because I was getting desperate.  Well, that didn't last long until I got sicker and the drug didn't work as well.  And it was fast!  So, I immediately tried to start tapering down.  Now, I am really struggling, but I don't believe it's because of the actavis.  I think my brain has just been attacked too many times.  I am trying to survive.

Lynn,

What a harrowing story. You have been treated horribly by all these doctors.

“First, do no harm.”

They forgot that for sure. By the way, you write very well; you express yourself very well.

I regret what’s happened here. Doctors are supposed to proceed with caution if it’s not an emergency. Even then, I’ve been in emergency situations, and doctors move quickly, but they are not unmeasured. These doctors were careless, and made too many mistakes. Please keep trying. I believe you can recover.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thank you, buddies, for your encouragement.  My story is like many others, I fear.

I feel the same for all of you.  I hope you can continue to heal.

God bless you all!

Thanks, Intend.  That is very comforting to hear.  Having this buddy system was a wonderful idea, whoever came up with it, and has blessed and helped many people.

I hope you do well.

Lynn,

Colin Moran owns this site. He came up with this buddy system. But at the same time, I think, there were other sites as well.

Pretty good man overall. No really good sites left anymore but this one as far as I know.

He really makes no demands of anyone here. If your doctor wants you on Valium, fine.

If not, fine. If you want to direct taper, fine. Even if you want to not taper and stay on, I think that’s ok too. But I don’t think they like people trying to persuade others to stay on also.

Pretty reasonable place to be.

Well this is very odd.... I went back reading through this page and only 5 or 6 ppl have ever commented in this group. That is sooo crazy to think only 6 people on this entire site had problems with the generic switch. Teva, mylan, northstar, and sandoz all become discontinued and only 5 or 6 ppl notice it? I guess we are just Unicorns lol.

Nope there really hasn’t been more than like 6 members that have ever posted here lol. I’m starting to think maybe my celexa has pooped out on me. Every couple years my AD tends to poop out on me and I have to switch to a new one. Because even when I went back on teva last week it didn’t make me feel better which I thought would 100% make me feel better. I’ve even updosed and it hasn’t helped..... and I’m not sure if it’s tolwrance wd, because tolerance wd is what made me even deceide I wanted to come off this stuff. If tolerance wd had never set in a few years ago I’d prob never even wanna come off this nasty stuff..... Jen how are you feeling? Are you starting to feel better on the Valium

Dub,

Since you went back and counted the # of ppl on this group who commented, did you ever see where both you and i considered taking some sort of poll to ask people on BB what kind of K they were taking?

We both wondered about that because so many people join B.B. everyday wanting help getting help to get off K. I still wonder myself to this very day.

People talk about wanting to get off in Introduction section, they ask about tapering it in the tapering section. People discuss K in all parts of BB. And I’m positive that people not on BB take plenty of K in the outside population.

So what generic brand do they take? Maybe a huge bunch take brand K. I just don’t know.

Dub,

I don't know if I would call it morning anxiety but my mornings are truly a horror show 7 days a week. I wake up extremely nauseous, which leads me feeling totally overwhelmed and this has been going on for almost 9 months straight. In the beginning, I could handle it but I am really struggling. I would say it is probably more depression than anxiety. I frequently sob in the shower, driving to work, yelling to God to please help me, it really has gotten bad. I take a very small dose of a marijuana tincture when I wake up but it takes at least two hours to work so during those two hours it is just horrible. I think it is mostly from all the nausea more than anything else. It feels very much like the morning sickness with pregnancy but I am not pregnant!

I may look into vaping in the morning for more immediate effect. But I have a history of asthma/pneumonia so not sure what to do, plus I have my 16 year old son at home still so would really have to figure this out so he wasn't aware of what I was doing. I am terrified to use one of those vape type things that you hold due to cases of the exploding, so I would look into maybe a desktop version. I am getting to the point where I need more immediate relief. I hate to use the marijuana twice daily but what can I do? I had a window Saturday so wan't nauseous when I woke up, didn't use the marijuana and was fine.

So yes, morning are tough. I am a little embarrassed every morning to walk into work with my eyes and nose all red from crying for 30+ minutes straight. I wonder what the other drivers think sometimes.

Hi NJ & the rest of the buddies. I wanted to come back & thank all who replied when I posted a bit back about lexapro withdrawal. Your kindness is priceless & I hope you’re all doing well.

NJ,

You took the time to comfort me too, while you’re struggling so hard yourself. I’m so sorry I didn’t reply right away....it’s been very rough for me.

I’m so sorry to hear of all of your suffering. You are one of the strongest bravest people I, well know, at least in cyber world. You’re an inspiration, to go to work with sickness, depression, & sobbing. Again, I’m so sorry your suffering & my thoughts are with you that things get better for you ASAP. You’ve helped me because I like to hide in bed when I’m that depressed & sobbing etc, but you show me that we can go on out into the world & carry on, as we must.

Hate to say it after the experience I just had & still am, but, have you considered an antidepressant?

Best wishes, buddy, really hoe you feel better soon. Hang in there, but stay safe, maybe you need another support Supplement or med?

I’m on my 4th day no lexapro/escitalopram-still depression & having withdrawal sxs, will keep you all posted, when I’m a bit more stable.

Take care all, XX, SC

• 2 weeks later...
It’s been a while since anyone has posted in here, wanted to check and see how everyone is doing on their new generic or new Benzo. Hope everyone has been doing good and that’s why no one has posted here for a while.

Dub,

I just started my 7th day on Actavis. I’m not sure about how long to hold before tapering again. But I’m doing ok.

Hey Intend I’m so happy to hear Actavis is working out for you! I would hold a bit longer just to be safe, when I switched over to actavis I started tapering to fast. Good hearing from you

I crossed to Librium and although K withdrawal was not fun with the cross I am glad I did it. Tomorrow is my last day of ever taking any K again.  :)

Intend glad Activis is working for you.

I crossed to Librium and although K withdrawal was not fun with the cross I am glad I did it. Tomorrow is my last day of ever taking any K again.  :)

Intend glad Activis is working for you.

That’s really awesome that Librium worked out well for you when Valium didn’t. How’s it feel different than when you were on K? I may need to switch to either Valium or Librium, or start dosing K 3 times and see if that helps.

So many of my symptoms left. Squeezing brain, Head feeling like it’s being cut in half, nerve burning pain, and my morning adrenal surges have been for four days now so let’s hope it permanent.

So many of my symptoms left. Squeezing brain, Head feeling like it’s being cut in half, nerve burning pain, and my morning adrenal surges have been for four days now so let’s hope it permanent.

Wow that is amazing! The morning adrenal surges are my biggest problem that won’t go away even holding so long. May I ask what you taper looked like just to get an idea of how to do it, since it only comes in capsules how do u get the dose you want? Who makes Librium btw Tnx

Dub,

I just started my 7th day on Actavis. I’m not sure about how long to hold before tapering again. But I’m doing ok.

Hey Intend I’m so happy to hear Actavis is working out for you! I would hold a bit longer just to be safe, when I switched over to actavis I started tapering to fast. Good hearing from you

Dub and Lynn,

I know all about the holding. I wouldn’t dare start tapering now or anytime soon.

I sure you remember that I’ve been switched between Actavis to Sandoz to Actavis to Sandoz to Actavis (where I am now).

Each switch from one to the other, I held for several months before tapering. So when I say I’m not sure how long to hold, I’m referring to months. Frankly, I’m fed up. This whole experience is extremely disheartening. I doubt very many people have gone through as many switches as I have on a benzo.

And when I think that Teva kept making their own version while I had to go through this, I get angry.

Just trying to get by is all I’m doing. That why I say I’m doing “ok.” Not a picnic.