Teva Clonazepam Discontinued Group

[Sc...]

Hmm, they are saying that is all they can get.

I guess if I find it somewhere else I could rx transferred if I don't pick it up?

Only way to get name brand is if dr. will call in try to get it preapproved...  oh dear.  Was switching out that terrible?  ;(

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [In...]

• [Du...]

• [NJ...]

• [Li...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess if I find it somewhere else I could rx transferred if I don't pick it up?

Only way to get name brand is if dr. will call in try to get it preapproved...  oh dear.  Was switching out that terrible?  ;(

Switching generics was horrible for me, it’s been 4 months now and I am still suffering, but there are some people that don’t even notice it. I would def recommend staying w the same generic through your taper tho.... I’m sure your doc would write you a script for the brand k, just tell him you don’t like generic changes. It is $150 a month but if you doc is kind to write DAW (dispense as written) then It will only cost you a few bux that’s what I did. Just told him brand K is the only one that works for me..... But teva just switched their klonopin to actavis, so I think actavis should be around for a while.

I think dr. has to preauthorize such a script as well.  I mean they can put DAW so you get the brand, but unless it preauthorized you would pay the $150/month.

Good to know about actavis.  It is possible another place has it and I could switch rx from cvs to there if have not picked it up, yes?  That would be easiest.

I wasn't een sure if wanted to be on klon or librium... but while waited to talk to dr. has been probably 9 days on klon.  Side effects are different than valium but not good.  At least I not entirely nauseated and shaking like a leaf.  But see headaches in my future and I never get those, ordinarily. 

Switching generics was horrible for me, it’s been 4 months now and I am still suffering, but there are some people that don’t even notice it. I would def recommend staying w the same generic through your taper tho.... I’m sure your doc would write you a script for the brand k, just tell him you don’t like generic changes. It is $150 a month but if you doc is kind to write DAW (dispense as written) then It will only cost you a few bux that’s what I did. Just told him brand K is the only one that works for me..... But teva just switched their klonopin to actavis, so I think actavis should be around for a while.

Dub,

Why do you think Actavis will be around for awhile? Just curious.

From what I’m reading, a lot of pharmaceutical companies are not making clonazepam anymore.

I’m aware of Sandoz, Mylan, and the Teva switch. I did think that Northstar was continuing it at .5 mg strength. I’ve really not read or heard otherwise, but I don’t know how to navigate the FDA website to check that.

By the way, Sandoz no longer makes lorazepam either now. Almost seems like this may eventually affect all benzos. What do you think?

Dub,

Why do you think Actavis will be around for awhile? Just curious.

From what I’m reading, a lot of pharmaceutical companies are not making clonazepam anymore.

I’m aware of Sandoz, Mylan, and the Teva switch. I did think that Northstar was continuing it at .5 mg strength. I’ve really not read or heard otherwise, but I don’t know how to navigate the FDA website to check that.

By the way, Sandoz no longer makes lorazepam either now. Almost seems like this may eventually affect all benzos. What do you think?

I hope that is not true..... trying to stay positive

Dub,

Thanks for your reply.

I’m pretty sure about the Sandoz lorazepam. I have a friend on B.B. that I’ve known for years. She just pmed yesterday about some kind of problem she was having. Didn’t have time to reply to pm as I was rushing out the door.

But several months back, she texted me and said she went to pick up her Sandoz lorazepam refill, and pharmacist said that Sandoz was no longer making it. So that’s why I just mentioned lorazepam.

This truly mystifying to me.

I do not believe the pharmaceutical companies would discontinue benzodiazepines when they are such BIG money-makers. 

Even if they did--which they won't--they would have a hard time trying to do this when so many people are on them.  There would be a big riot!

Also, my pharmacist once told me that they are being told to "lower the stock" in the stores.  Apparently, they just want to keep things at a minimum---NOT get rid of them

entirely.

This could add to a lot of anxiety for those who are suffering. 

No need to add more to it than there is.

Money talks!!!!

I am on brand K now but when the teva ran out they wanted to give me Parr Pharmaceuticals wafers. I don't see that mentioned anywhere but that may be another option for some.

With my insurance coverage I am paying about $75/every other month for 60 .5 mg of K.

Lynn, you make a lot of sense in that so many people here in the US are on benzos that when you look at the overall population on them, collectively speaking, the benzos are money makers.

But in reality, each benzo Rx by itself is generally not expensive at all.

I truly believe that most of these pharmaceutical companies want to make new drugs, and by that I mean the branded drugs we see advertised on tv; I see so many now that are called biologics which are made from living organisms or parts of living tissue. I see these advertised quite a bit, and I also see ads for drugs for psoriasis, psoriatic arthritis, adjunct drugs for type 2 diabetes to help improve the A1C test, chantix for smoking cessation. And then there’s humira, for heaven knows what, and eucrisa for non steroidal treatment of persistent excema, and my “absolute favorite,” Vraylar for bipolar.

I always tell my husband “who in the hell comes up with these name because they sound so stupid.”

I’ve listed a few here that I see constantly, and while it may sound like I’m watching tv 24/7, I’m not. Just turn it on for a couple of regular shows, or watch the news, and they are there over and over again.

These drugs are the big money makers, and benzos are not that big as far as money. One never sees them advertised now.

But as Trish over on the Long Hold Support Group says, so many people take these benzos, that if they were stopped, people would be in a huge literal crisis with withdrawl, hospitals and clinics would be swamped with people in crisis, and even those greedy detox centers would be swamped.

But I do not like hearing that there are only 3 available clonazepams. That is rather frightening. I’ve never encountered anything like this. If this is reducing stock on shelves, it’s still scary.

But you’re right about the “riot.” That’s pretty much what Trish said also. This all started back in the spring of 2018, and here we are in the fall of 2018.

When will all this BS if that’s what it is stop? Glad you have more reasoning ability than I do because it’s driving me literally crazy with fear.

I am on brand K now but when the teva ran out they wanted to give me Parr Pharmaceuticals wafers. I don't see that mentioned anywhere but that may be another option for some.

With my insurance coverage I am paying about $75/every other month for 60 .5 mg of K.

Hey NJ how are you doing on the brand k now? You’ve been on it for some time now. I’ve been interested in the wafers as well I’ve heard ppl have had success with it, but not sure how to dry taper with them

NJ, I did some research as usual earlier today, and I did see those wafers by Par in all strengths for clonazepam. I think they might work fine for liquid titration, but not so well with people using a scale.

I’m way over in gold old Utah so I’m not sure I could even get them here. I guess I’d have to search around to various pharmacies. A lot depends on the wholesaler/supplier the pharmacies uses. Most of the pharmacies around me including CVS who do not special order anything use McKesson as their distributor.

As far as getting brand K, it seems right now, it is available and ready to sell, but not everyone can afford it. I haven’t check for myself to see how much it would cost me because no matter what I take at this point, my CNS has fooled around with so much by Teva buying Actavis and then taking it off the market, then putting it back on the market, I’m going to be in trouble no matter what.

And there have been numerous times over the years when brand K was not available because of shortages. None of this is certain and set in stone.

Hey NJ how are you doing on the brand k now? You’ve been on it for some time now. I’ve been interested in the wafers as well I’ve heard ppl have had success with it, but not sure how to dry taper with them

Dub,

I am doing the same on the brand as I was on the Teva. Still have crazy nausea (treating that using medical marijuana with some success) and still have a lot of depression. So it wasn't an improvement, but it isn't worse.

Intend, did not know there were brand shortages in the past! Not going to think about that ....

Dub,

I am doing the same on the brand as I was on the Teva. Still have crazy nausea (treating that using medical marijuana with some success) and still have a lot of depression. So it wasn't an improvement, but it isn't worse.

Intend, did not know there were brand shortages in the past! Not going to think about that ....

Yes I smoke medicinal marijuana every night, it’s the best part of my day..... helps me eat and relax.. have you been experiencing any morning anxiety?

Dub,

I don't know if I would call it morning anxiety but my mornings are truly a horror show 7 days a week. I wake up extremely nauseous, which leads me feeling totally overwhelmed and this has been going on for almost 9 months straight. In the beginning, I could handle it but I am really struggling. I would say it is probably more depression than anxiety. I frequently sob in the shower, driving to work, yelling to God to please help me, it really has gotten bad. I take a very small dose of a marijuana tincture when I wake up but it takes at least two hours to work so during those two hours it is just horrible. I think it is mostly from all the nausea more than anything else. It feels very much like the morning sickness with pregnancy but I am not pregnant!

I may look into vaping in the morning for more immediate effect. But I have a history of asthma/pneumonia so not sure what to do, plus I have my 16 year old son at home still so would really have to figure this out so he wasn't aware of what I was doing. I am terrified to use one of those vape type things that you hold due to cases of the exploding, so I would look into maybe a desktop version. I am getting to the point where I need more immediate relief. I hate to use the marijuana twice daily but what can I do? I had a window Saturday so wan't nauseous when I woke up, didn't use the marijuana and was fine.

So yes, morning are tough. I am a little embarrassed every morning to walk into work with my eyes and nose all red from crying for 30+ minutes straight. I wonder what the other drivers think sometimes.

Dub,

I don't know if I would call it morning anxiety but my mornings are truly a horror show 7 days a week. I wake up extremely nauseous, which leads me feeling totally overwhelmed and this has been going on for almost 9 months straight. In the beginning, I could handle it but I am really struggling. I would say it is probably more depression than anxiety. I frequently sob in the shower, driving to work, yelling to God to please help me, it really has gotten bad. I take a very small dose of a marijuana tincture when I wake up but it takes at least two hours to work so during those two hours it is just horrible. I think it is mostly from all the nausea more than anything else. It feels very much like the morning sickness with pregnancy but I am not pregnant!

I may look into vaping in the morning for more immediate effect. But I have a history of asthma/pneumonia so not sure what to do, plus I have my 16 year old son at home still so would really have to figure this out so he wasn't aware of what I was doing. I am terrified to use one of those vape type things that you hold due to cases of the exploding, so I would look into maybe a desktop version. I am getting to the point where I need more immediate relief. I hate to use the marijuana twice daily but what can I do? I had a window Saturday so wan't nauseous when I woke up, didn't use the marijuana and was fine.

So yes, morning are tough. I am a little embarrassed every morning to walk into work with my eyes and nose all red from crying for 30+ minutes straight. I wonder what the other drivers think sometimes.

Hey NJ I’m so sorry to hear it’s been so difficult for you, but good to hear your getting relieve from the cannabis. Vaping is a really good idea if cannabis if making you feel better, anything you buy from storz and bickel is the highest quality vaporizer on the market. They are made in Germany and don’t have the battery that blows up. They have one that fills up a bag with vapor so you don’t even be close to anything that could possibley blow up and they also have a hand held portable one. I own the volcano and mighty from them, I’ve had them for 12 years and their still running like a champ. I also own a pax vaporizer which is really nice as well. I prefer indica Strains over stativa..... sorry for rambling.....

The brands here seem to be Accord and koho (or some such?).  And some pharmacies  can get name brand and some not. 

Whole thing seems like a scam. 

Maybe they make generics so bad so people will request name brand?

The brands here seem to be Accord and koho (or some such?).  And some pharmacies  can get name brand and some not. 

It really does seem fishy

Tbh the brand K isn’t any better than actavis, I might even say I prefer actavis over the brand K. But I hate the way the actavis pill is shaped and makes it very difficult for me to dry taper. I can’t even cut the actavis pill evenly in half without it cracking into a bunch of pieces. If anyone has any tips w cutting the actavis pill please let me know lol.....

Barbara,

I do not know where you live, but try to figure out what brand you want. What’s available is what’s available.

If you want the brand K, please go to a pharmacy that has it. You are saying that some pharmacies can get brand K and that others cannot. If you have access to a pharmacy that can get brand K, and you want it, please go there and get it.

I do not know if this a “scam” or not. What do you mean by a scam anyway? I’d seriously like to know.

And when you say that “they” make generics so bad that people will request brand K, who is “they?”

Do you mean the drug companies?

If so, please pick up the phone and call the drug companies. And you can also call the FDA. There is variance between generics of any drug and the FDA allows this variance. Because of this variance, some people’s CNS will feel this variance while others will not.

At this point, I am beyond trying to figure out what benzo you want to take between clonazepam or diazepam. And I am beyond trying to figure out what generic of either you want to take.

Perhaps it might be time to make decisions, and try to avoid these speculations. This is only my opinion of course, and you can write whatever you want, but for me personally, it is annoying, tiresome, and confusing.

Dub,

To me, it seems like you are “feeding into” these speculations by comments from Barbara. I would appreciate it you would not do this.

Yesterday, I asked you why you thought Actavis clonazepam would be around for awhile, and you did not even give me your opinion about that. And when I speculated myself that perhaps eventually all these drug companies who are not making  clonazepam anymore would lead to all benzos being not made anymore, you said you hoped that this wasn’t true, and that you were trying to remain positive.

If remaining positive is what you want to do, then I’m asking you to do that. I’m asking you to please not go “back and forth” with what you seem unable or not willing to say to me while at the same time you appear to “affirm” what Barbara says that all of this is a scam or as you say fishy.

I realize that all of us are sometimes fearful of many things due to being on any benzo, but I can assure you that I’m doing my best to remain “grounded “ about all of this, and that is very difficult on its own for me.

And I realize you can say what you want, but these are my observations upon reading these posts.

Tbh the brand K isn’t any better than actavis, I might even say I prefer actavis over the brand K. But I hate the way the actavis pill is shaped and makes it very difficult for me to dry taper. I can’t even cut the actavis pill evenly in half without it cracking into a bunch of pieces. If anyone has any tips w cutting the actavis pill please let me know lol.....

Dub,

I am trying to taper onto Actavis, and that is requiring me to do some pill cutting myself. I use a good pill cutter. I do not know how to cut a pill using a scale if those scales have their own pill cutting device. There are others here on this group, I think, who can help you with that.

But I can easily cut the Actavis pill in half with my pill cutter. I make a first attempt by bring down the blade onto the score of the pill and slightly cutting into the score then I turn the pill around on the same side and repeat that. If I feel I have to repeat that, I do. This is a very easy process because I’ve made it a point to have good pill cutters. I bought those at Walmart. No crumbling for me so far.

Intend,

The reason the benzo's are not that expensive is because the insurance companies are subsidizing them.

If they aren't cheap because of the the insurance, then the money comes because of the high volume of sales.  My pharmacist said there are a lot of people on them who do NOT want to try to get off because they like the "world" they are living in now instead of the horrible world we've been thrown into by the drug making us sick or us trying to come off of it.

Either way, you can relax.  Benzo's aren't going anywhere too soon. 

I believe the medical profession is becoming more and more aware of their dangers and aren't giving them away like candy as they used to, but they still use them and there are still plenty of people on them.

I read the stats one time and it was incredible how much of this stuff is being prescribed WORLD-WIDE!

Hope you can sleep better.  You'll be ok.  Keep tapering and you'll get off of them before anything major happens.  This would have to take years.

Dub,

To me, it seems like you are “feeding into” these speculations by comments from Barbara. I would appreciate it you would not do this.

Yesterday, I asked you why you thought Actavis clonazepam would be around for awhile, and you did not even give me your opinion about that. And when I speculated myself that perhaps eventually all these drug companies who are not making  clonazepam anymore would lead to all benzos being not made anymore, you said you hoped that this wasn’t true, and that you were trying to remain positive.

If remaining positive is what you want to do, then I’m asking you to do that. I’m asking you to please not go “back and forth” with what you seem unable or not willing to say to me while at the same time you appear to “affirm” what Barbara says that all of this is a scam or as you say fishy.

I realize that all of us are sometimes fearful of many things due to being on any benzo, but I can assure you that I’m doing my best to remain “grounded “ about all of this, and that is very difficult on its own for me.

And I realize you can say what you want, but these are my observations upon reading these posts.

Sorry intend I didn’t mean to offend you in any way. I don’t feel good and I come here for support not to argue with anyone. And I don’t think their going to stop making clonazepam because so many ppl take them for seizures. Sorry again if I offended you, my apologies :)