Question for those with long term muscle issues

[dj...]

I’m just about 18 months off and my worst symptom is muscle tension and pain.  It’s severe.  In fact, I’m pretty sure the muscle stuff is behind the fatigue, all the vibrations and sensations I feel, head pressures, and even some of the DPDR and cognitive problems when the pressure is bad in my head.  The muscles through my body simply cannot relax and it’s wreaking havoc. 

For those who had this a long time, when did you start to see some relief? The past 4-5 months have been the worst for me.  

[fl...]
19 minutes ago, [[d...] said:

my worst symptom is muscle tension and pain

djej2010

Same for me.  I am now 42 months off and am still having some serious muscle pain (mostly on my right hand side).  I have a very severe 4 month wave starting last July and it peaked in Oct.  Since then I have seen some significant relief and my best months since I quit were last Dec, Jan and Feb of this year.

However this past few weeks the pain has been nasty again.  Not as bad as the July-Oct wave of last year but not great.  The mornings are horrible when I first wake-up, gets better with I get up and walk, but by the afternoon/evening it is nasty again. 

Hoping this is a relatively short-lived wave.

Unfortunately it may take a long time to recover.  Hope you see relief soon.

@[dj...], really sorry for you and can understand you to the full. Just read your other post about worst symptoms rapidly changing. I'd bank on smth good. A change is always a good sign in our condition. It's better than everything staying dead frozen. It must mean healing.

I've been off for 12 months. My muscles still are extremely stiff and painful but not everyday and all at once. They seem to have it in turn: the neck [1 year, including the tapering], abdominal muscles [6 months], back [4 mnths], shoulders [4+ mnths) Now it's mostly legs, which were yet ok a couple of months ago. I think i'm going to suffer this way till each single muscle of mine has undergone pulling and squeezing for some time given.

The head is a story in itself. It's sure the worst. Its tension, pain and ache 've been accompanying every other issue since the beginning but the sensations are constantly changing and it's the same muscle pain here now.

Sorry i didn't answer your question properly but couldn't help writing here bc my muscles are really giving me hell.

Edited by [...]

• 3 weeks later...
[Gi...]
On 25/03/2024 at 22:38, [[f...] said:

djej2010

Same for me.  I am now 42 months off and am still having some serious muscle pain (mostly on my right hand side).  I have a very severe 4 month wave starting last July and it peaked in Oct.  Since then I have seen some significant relief and my best months since I quit were last Dec, Jan and Feb of this year.

However this past few weeks the pain has been nasty again.  Not as bad as the July-Oct wave of last year but not great.  The mornings are horrible when I first wake-up, gets better with I get up and walk, but by the afternoon/evening it is nasty again. 

Hoping this is a relatively short-lived wave.

Unfortunately it may take a long time to recover.  Hope you see relief soon.

Hi flyfisher88,

Thank you for updating your symptoms.

I have the torso tightness and squeezing.

Did yours improve overall over the years?

I know you had setbacks/waves but just wanted to check whether the overall trend of this symptom was upward towards betterment, improvement.

Thank you ❤️

[fl...]

Thanks for the message.

Overall I continue to have severe muscle tightness, especially in the mornings, but I am seeing some good days with some decent periods of less pain.  The muscles and area of my torso affected seems to be getting  less and less each month....it is mostly only a relatively small area now especially compared to what it was a year ago. 

I am able to do more things now than I was before but I am not out of the woods by nay means but I hope that this trend continues.

Hope you find some relief soon.

• Like 1

[Gi...]
On 17/04/2024 at 16:16, [[f...] said:

Thanks for the message.

Overall I continue to have severe muscle tightness, especially in the mornings, but I am seeing some good days with some decent periods of less pain.  The muscles and area of my torso affected seems to be getting  less and less each month....it is mostly only a relatively small area now especially compared to what it was a year ago. 

I am able to do more things now than I was before but I am not out of the woods by nay means but I hope that this trend continues.

Hope you find some relief soon.

Thank you so much flyfisher88 for replying 😊.

It is reassuring that your symptoms are improving. You are on your way.

I can’t believe I used sparingly about 10 tablets altogether between Zoplicone and zolpidem over a period of 6 weeks and still my muscles got hit badly.

I was withdrawing from lexapro though so I don’t know what caused what really.

My torso is often in knots, squeezing, pulling, tightening, muscles just won’t release no matter how much stretching I do. I have had a few windows where the intensity was lower but these muscles are always tensed in the background and ready to strike.

Healing vibes to you ❤️

[Sc...]
On 25/03/2024 at 15:12, [[d...] said:

I’m just about 18 months off and my worst symptom is muscle tension and pain.  It’s severe.  In fact, I’m pretty sure the muscle stuff is behind the fatigue, all the vibrations and sensations I feel, head pressures, and even some of the DPDR and cognitive problems when the pressure is bad in my head.  The muscles through my body simply cannot relax and it’s wreaking havoc. 

For those who had this a long time, when did you start to see some relief? The past 4-5 months have been the worst for me.  

Is the pressure in your head muscle related or sinus congestion?

[Ma...]

I also have this from zopicline zolpiden. Almost all people I talk to with these issues were on klonopin or zopicline