Teva Clonazepam Discontinued Group

[Sc...]

I did that in preparation to start tapering. It made a huge difference with withdrawal symptoms. It was rough for three days but then so felt so much better. Dose K every 8 hours. I believe the duration of action is between 8-12 hours but once your in tolerance it’s on the shorter side. At least it was for me.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [In...]

• [Du...]

• [NJ...]

• [Li...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I just remembered I have 300 .5mg teva tablets which would last me 2 years. But they have been expired in 2015. They have been stored in a dark cool closet, my question is do benzos go bad?

Dub, I was on Northstar and was fairing pretty well for a while.  Always with somewhat bad sxs, but tolerable.  Then when my pharmacist said they could not guarantee getting it and I was ready to liquid microtaper, I knew I would have to feel steady on something for a long while, so I switched over to actavis since I heard it would be around for a while.  I did not do well on it at first, but felt a bit steadier and then started the tapering.  It's hard for  me because I don't know what's causing more of the sxs---the actavis or the tapering or the liquid way of doing it.  Too many variables.  So, I just keep trusting the One who is seeing me through all of this.

I was never on TEVA but my original brand Mylan, which worked wonders for years of intermittent use, was discontinued, as everyone knows.  I tried Accord a few times (prior to my daily use 7 months ago for insomnia and anxiety) and felt like it was a placebo pill - haven't tried since.  I have been on Sandoz/Northstar for the 7 months and am finally tapering now after switching ADs a few times - I tapered from 1.5 to 1.25 about 5 days ago.  Only pharmacy that had NorthStar is now switching over to Accord like everyone else, since NS is discontinued. My nearest CVS sometimes has Actavis which I've never tried.  I am going to get one more refill of Northstar and then I will have to choose between Actavis and Accord like everyone else.  Does Actavis seem to work better for most than Accord?  I'm trying not to be more anxious about this than I already am.  Most of the pharmacists I've called are telling me that they haven't received any complaints about Accord but this one CVS that has the Actavis brand sometimes says that people do have a preference.  This really is crazy! 

I am so sorry you are having to go through this. From what I have read most have better luck with

Activis. It is closest to Teva brand. I have heard more negative comments about Accord. I have not tried either of them and everyone is so different it’s so hard to know.

I would agree with Jen I tried accord, actavis and brand K As an alternative to teva. None of them worked the same as teva but actavis was the closest. Accord was the worst. Good luck

Can someone please tell me what the ingredients are in the actavis clonazepam generic?

I am micro liquid tapering and when I dissolve my pills in the liquid [20% alcohol/80% water], the pills dissolve leaving a thick "sludge" on the bottom of the jar.  When I shake the jar and take the liquid up into the syringe, I get a lot of the residue.  I did this for ten days until the solution was used up.  This time, my husband suggested dumping off the top clear solution [alcohol, water, drug] and leave the pink sludge behind.  It poured out fine leaving very little of the residue in the alcohol/water/benzo solution to draw from.  However, I am feeling bad and don't know whether to attribute it to the taper I am going through [understandably] or is there an ingredient in the residue that I should not be leaving behind?  Are there any other ingredients in the pill that are beneficial or are they merely binders, fillers, etc?  I noticed that someone once said that Teva brand had an extended-release ingredient in it and am wondering if actavis has some beneficial ingredients in it that I should not be leaving behind when I pour out the solution I am tapering from.

Need to know this a.s.a.p.    Thanks.

So Dub & Jen, you’re both crossing to V?

Well, I’m very antidepressant resistant, but thought I’d give one that worked in the past a go. I waisted & am still waiting time due to this. They are such Russian roulette for me. Never had such a hard time that I can remember, though with them, except one, but who knows.

Escitalopram/lexapro didn’t work out for me. I got to 15 days on 10mg, a total of 47 days on it in its entirety starting @2.5mg for 6 days & I threw in the towel. My depression was worse the entire time with erratic sleep(especially if I changed dose) I was so spacy/cog fog, demotivated, very tired, would nap(sometimes peacefully, sometimes barely falling asleep or waking with scary dreams or intrusive thoughts)many moments of intense, want to jump out of your skin anxiety(esp. with dose changes)couldn’t drive right or even shop online. So now Im in AD withdrawal plus the effects it has on me as long as I’m on it...Have done 5 days on 7.5, next plan is 4-7 days on 5mg, then 4-7 days on 2.5mg then quit. I don’t think I have another antidepressant trial in me for awhile. Especially with medical & personal travel ahead-too risky.

So I don’t know where I stand with .5 solco k. The escitalopram/lex did at times seem to be helping part with my anxiety & sleep, even though I remained a sobbing suicidal ideation mess on it the entire time. Also, m not steady because I’m scripted a total of 4mg per day, but try to stay at 3.5mg per day, but have added in & taken out that extra .5mg of k while trying to adjust to lexapro/escitalopram, usually taken as extra for sleep, thinking(rationalizing)this is only a temporary AD start up thing & once AD works, I’ll be able to stabilize & taper much easier. Alas, no such luck with AD so have to stabilize dose again too.

What Jen said about the solco not cutting easily worries me. I’m coming up on K refill time. If I get to a point where I could dry cut .125mg, I’m not sure I could do it with the solco, with the way it crumbles etc. I’d like to microtaper, but if I could somehow dry cut down by .125 at first for a few cuts, that would be great. Makes me wonder if I should refill with actavis or at least keep it as an option? For dry cutting & tapering purposes. I dont know how to use scale nor how to liquid taper. Doc won’t switch me to enough V to crossover & that seems so risky.

What are people who have experience with dry cutting actavis pills &/or solco ones thought on that?

I have to get off the escitalopram/lexapro & come back to baseline to see where I’m at but if I still feel bad switching to actavis May be on the board.

Even having reassurance that someone will help me dry or liquid taper when the time comes would help.

Thanks for listening & all feedback-well wishes for all, XO SCAREDIE

So Dub & Jen, you’re both crossing to V?

Well, I’m very antidepressant resistant, but thought I’d give one that worked in the past a go. I waisted & am still waiting time due to this. They are such Russian roulette for me. Never had such a hard time that I can remember, though with them, except one, but who knows.

Escitalopram/lexapro didn’t work out for me. I got to 15 days on 10mg, a total of 47 days on it in its entirety starting @2.5mg for 6 days & I threw in the towel. My depression was worse the entire time with erratic sleep(especially if I changed dose) I was so spacy/cog fog, demotivated, very tired, would nap(sometimes peacefully, sometimes barely falling asleep or waking with scary dreams or intrusive thoughts)many moments of intense, want to jump out of your skin anxiety(esp. with dose changes)couldn’t drive right or even shop online. So now Im in AD withdrawal plus the effects it has on me as long as I’m on it...Have done 5 days on 7.5, next plan is 4-7 days on 5mg, then 4-7 days on 2.5mg then quit. I don’t think I have another antidepressant trial in me for awhile. Especially with medical & personal travel ahead-too risky.

So I don’t know where I stand with .5 solco k. The escitalopram/lex did at times seem to be helping part with my anxiety & sleep, even though I remained a sobbing suicidal ideation mess on it the entire time. Also, m not steady because I’m scripted a total of 4mg per day, but try to stay at 3.5mg per day, but have added in & taken out that extra .5mg of k while trying to adjust to lexapro/escitalopram, usually taken as extra for sleep, thinking(rationalizing)this is only a temporary AD start up thing & once AD works, I’ll be able to stabilize & taper much easier. Alas, no such luck with AD so have to stabilize dose again too.

What Jen said about the solco not cutting easily worries me. I’m coming up on K refill time. If I get to a point where I could dry cut .125mg, I’m not sure I could do it with the solco, with the way it crumbles etc. I’d like to microtaper, but if I could somehow dry cut down by .125 at first for a few cuts, that would be great. Makes me wonder if I should refill with actavis or at least keep it as an option? For dry cutting & tapering purposes. I dont know how to use scale nor how to liquid taper. Doc won’t switch me to enough V to crossover & that seems so risky.

What are people who have experience with dry cutting actavis pills &/or solco ones thought on that?

I have to get off the escitalopram/lexapro & come back to baseline to see where I’m at but if I still feel bad switching to actavis May be on the board.

Even having reassurance that someone will help me dry or liquid taper when the time comes would help.

Thanks for listening & all feedback-well wishes for all, XO SCAREDIE

Scardie, always willing to help with dry cutting.

Sorry you aren't feeling better. I too have been a sobbing mess. I know how hard it is to feel like this.

I went back on teva for a week and it didn’t make any difference or help my wd except for the first day I took it. Very strange indeed, I always assumed if I went back on teva I’d feel better again.

Hey scaredie!! Nice to hear from you again!! I’m still on the fence about switching to V, I’ll prob start the switch soon tho. Actavis is really hard to dry cut with, the easiest one to dry cut is roche brand. But you can always use a nail file and file down the actavis, but because of its rounded shape it’s impossible for me to dry cut. Sorry lexapro didn’t work for you this time around I take a low dose of citalopram which I’m thinking might have pooped out by now either thinking of raising the dose or switching to Zoloft, I’ve had success with Zoloft in the past. I’ve been on ssri’s for 14 years never not been on 1, tried every one you can name lol.

Scardie you can dry cut Solco but much of it crumbles. If you are going that route it would probably best to crush it all up to powder. Sorry the A/D isn’t working out for you. Keep us posted. Take care.

Dub I am really surprised that Teva didn’t help. My cross over is going ok. I have so many moments where I feel so different. Not as much mental and physical exhaustion and fear and anxiety has lessened so much. The crossover isn’t linear and am still dealing with withdrawals, looping thoughts and sleep problem. V helps to cover it all up a bit but it is still there. I can tell from the moments I have had the cross was the best thing for me and wish I would have done it sooner. Benzos are still evil but valium seems to be the lesser of two evils for me.

Scardie you can dry cut Solco but much of it crumbles. If you are going that route it would probably best to crush it all up to powder. Sorry the A/D isn’t working out for you. Keep us posted. Take care.

Dub I am really surprised that Teva didn’t help. My cross over is going ok. I have so many moments where I feel so different. Not as much mental and physical exhaustion and fear and anxiety has lessened so much. The crossover isn’t linear and am still dealing with withdrawals, looping thoughts and sleep problem. V helps to cover it all up a bit but it is still there. I can tell from the moments I have had the cross was the best thing for me and wish I would have done it sooner. Benzos are still evil but valium seems to be the lesser of two evils for me.

Wow that’s really cool Valium is working for you too! I’m very excited to try going over to Valium now. But I still have the worst morning anxiety when I wake up almost like an adrenaline rush. Did the lysine help with your morning anxiety and are you still taking it. Jen did you ever try dosing k into 4 I remember you do 3 doses so your on 3 doses of V Right now I’m guessing. Tnx

Took some gabapentin today, and I must say it helped with my wd! I’m not going to take it every day since it’s known to be hard to get off as well. I’m sure its nowhere near as hard to come off as benzos tho. But it’s nice to have It around knowing I can take it if my wd ever becomes too severe. I’m a super light weight when it comes to meds, so only 100 mg is all I needed. Made me feel a bit loopy and tired. But also made me relaxed and gave me my appetite back, calmed my racing mind. Has anyone else ever taken gabapentin for wd? I’ve taken it previously in the past but was never a fan because it made me feel tired, but rn I’ll take feeling tired over nasty wd...... lol

Dub- I take 100 mgs. every afternoon around 1:00 and then take 600 mgs. at night to help calm my mind and sleep. I have been on the 600 mgs. for years. Just added the 100 mgs. in the afternoon since starting my taper. It does help me too. Don't know that I'll ever come off of it. My doctor doesn't seem to be too concerned that I'm on it. Oh well. I'll see down the road how that pans out. Anyways, yes, I take it and it helps me greatly.

Wow that’s really cool Valium is working for you too! I’m very excited to try going over to Valium now. But I still have the worst morning anxiety when I wake up almost like an adrenaline rush. Did the lysine help with your morning anxiety and are you still taking it. Jen did you ever try dosing k into 4 I remember you do 3 doses so your on 3 doses of V Right now I’m guessing. Tnx

Dub I still have those adrenaline rushes from k withdrawal. I am confident the more crossover to Valium I am the mess it will happen. Lysine does work for sleep but I only take it when I am in dire need. It works in the gaba somehow from some of the studies I have read and I don’t want to do anything to delay my healing. Lysine more me almost made the morning adrenaline worse. I have a bad rebound effect with anything I take . Once it drops out I feel worse. Hope that helps.

Hey, re clonopin, is the verdict that Accord is a crap brand?

Recently switched valium for old clonopin, which is Activis.  Think may have Sandoz, too, but tha tin larger mg. 

Has been over a week now and this seems better than valium which was creating nausea and horrible shaking.

Anyhow, anyone have the Cliff Notes on which clonopin brand to get, if possible?  Thanks.

There is only 3 generics available now solco, accord, and actavis. Sandoz, northstar, mylan and teva have all been discontinued. I am taking the brand K rn just because I’m scared of going on another generic and then having it discontinued again. But for me actavis worked a lot better than accord. Accord was awful for me, cheap looking pill that melts in your hands. Welcome back to klonopin, I’m about to switch over to Valium lol

Another nice thing about the brand k is that all the pills weigh exactly the same the generics never weigh exactly the same. I always found it odd that not all the pills weighed the exact same when it comes to generics....

So you are on brand name K?  You wrote Krn so didn't know if that was brand or generic.

Hmmm, so accord not good?  uh oh... may ask CVS if they can get another...