Teva Clonazepam Discontinued Group

[Sc...]

Jen, yes I’ve crossed over to Solco. It’s hard to gage how I’m doing because I also started lexapro that is giving me side effects such as worse depression. To the best of my memory my crossover went something like this; thought teva was discontinued so got solco while trying to do a .25 cut that turned out to be big of a cut for me. Can’t remember how long I was on solco that time, was having too many withdrawal sxs with an important upcoming trip, so reinstated. then I found out there were 1mg tevas still out there, got a month of those, cutting for my regular .5 doses, then when those ran out I tried a week of actavis, & then straight from there to a starting solco(I was getting partial fills, couldn’t make up my mind which generic to stick with, ended up staying on solco simply because I started lexapro & was advised & decided to stick with one & hold especially with another variable, lexapro in the mix)started having withdrawal sxs of teeth clenching, waking anxiety with intrusive thoughts, insomnia, couldn’t take naps(would get scary intrusive thoughts if tried to meditate or lay in bed)or waking in night & not able to get back to sleep, sobbing suicidal ideation depression, fatigue. It’s hard to say how my crossover is going as I started lexapro 36 days ago, when my ongoing long term blah depression turned into suicidal ideation, no control over emotions depression. The lexapro has been no fun trying to start up so far, but a couple of things have changed,(sorry not sure when)when I don’t have insomnia, I sleep through the night & have no waking anxiety nor intrusive thoughts anymore that make me want to jump out of bed, I’m very slow & spacy in am. I can take a nap without being scared. I’m still very depressed though. So I believe my first cut/crossover started my very unstable emotions & perhaps there’s a combination of lexapro helping some of my crossover sxs & maybe getting more stable on the solco.

I’m so tolerant to k, it’s hard for me to tell it’s working, thus the indecision tween the 2 generics. I think that the solco May cause more sedation for me, but am not sure. I don’t like the way solco dissolves super fast in your mouth. When I take 4 @ bed, I have to be careful not to choke on one of them.

Getting partial fills of different generics 1-2 weeks at a time is an option if you don’t want to commit to one right away especially if you can still feel the difference between them better than me, but then make a decision & stick with it. That’s my two cents, I’m not sure you could be crossed over already, sorry that I can’t remember.

Hope that helps, X-Scaredie

Scardie

It sounds like you may be getting a little relief with the AD. That is good news. I switched to Solco and have stayed on it. I seem to be very sensitive to change and didn’t want to try anything different for a decent amount of time. I am still having a hard time stabilizing and see my doctor next week to talk about options.

Jen, sorry your still having a hard time stabilizing. Big wishes that you & your doc can come up with a suitable solution. This has been rough on so many. Yes, I’m not sure about the lexapro yet for depression, but you’re right it does seem like perhaps it’s helping with my anxiety?.?. Hang in there. I’m very med sensitive too. Best wishes

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [In...]

• [Du...]

• [NJ...]

• [Li...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi third time around,

I started this group as I have taken teva daily for 8 years & im on a hefty dose with a long taper ahead of me when I get ready to taper again. So when I first discovered the discontinuation of teva, I panicked, no doubt like many, wondering what other generic worked for other long term teva takers-that’s the gist of this group. People who took teva clonazapam trying to figure out what to crossover to, how different generics are or aren’t working for them & supporting each other through these struggles. Talk of all benzos getting discontinued is a very scary thought for any of us & no doubt unlikely & from what I’ve heard,it’s just probably unfounded too that people’s doctors would force long term takers to discontinue their benzo, so not likely to apply to people that have been established on them. We never know what will happen but, let’s try to stay grounded & support each other through these brand changes, trying to keep hope & encouraging ideas alive. I’m sorry you are suffering. I don’t know your story, but I am suffering too. I’m taking it one hour, one day at a time. I just posted what’s going on with lexapro with me in LHSG. I hope you get the answers you need & that the sun shines for you soon.X-SC

My message was clearly interpreted wrong. I’m saying particular manufacturers dumping the drug to another manufacturer who can make them cheaper and profit. While some well know trusted brands like Teva feel the risk is not worth it. I in no way suggested or believe Benzos will be discontinued. I was just wondering and feel really horrible I’m being singled out as a fear monger. Thanks for that as I wake up to another andrenal surge and than this which will make me cry all day. I’m in the same boat as you guys and being switched. I was just looking to talk and contribute to the conversation not be a trouble maker. Sorry I posted that or to anyone who thinks Benzos will be discontinued remember what the other poster said. With millions on them it’s impossible... will never happen in our lifetimes. Maybe just less new scripts which is good. And yes I posted this on the long hold group too. Thanks for pointing that out that out like I was on a vendetta...this is really cruel

Sorry for any misunderstandings. We are all here to support one another. Cog fog & or depression can get the best of us. Hang tight. You are valued

Best wishes, XX-SC

Anyone on Solco  notice it crumbles terribly when you cut it. I am having a hard time dosing because the powder seems to weigh considerably less than a good cut of the solid pill. Not sure how to right this.

jen

are you doing liquid or dry cut..cause if you are dry cutting you could just crush the pills all together then weigh them on the scale..i do that with my noon dose since its not a whole tablet..i dont know much about liquid tapering..but if you are weighing it at all i would crush them and then weigh them you can use a spoon and a small bowl or get the thing the pharmacy has they sale them at target.

hope this helps

Deep thank you that helps. I dry cut and in the past they have been big chuncks of the pill I take but it’s getting harder because much of the pill turns to powder if I cut it. I wonder how much this is messing up my dose? Does a pill all crused in powder form weigh the same as big chuncks. I would think it would take more powder to get it to weigh the same in chuncks. I think I may be taking more than I should be because it takes more powder to get to the dose I need therefore more of the pill is used. Does that make sense? My doctor prescribed me Librium and am thinking about switching but it is all capsules too and I am concerned about making yet another change.

Deep thank you that helps. I dry cut and in the past they have been big chuncks of the pill I take but it’s getting harder because much of the pill turns to powder if I cut it. I wonder how much this is messing up my dose? Does a pill all crused in powder form weigh the same as big chuncks. I would think it would take more powder to get it to weigh the same in chuncks. I think I may be taking more than I should be because it takes more powder to get to the dose I need therefore more of the pill is used. Does that make sense? My doctor prescribed me Librium and am thinking about switching but it is all capsules too and I am concerned about making yet another change.

jen

I was having problems with the cut and hold pattern..so i started to microtaper..and then people started to talk about how do we know where the active ingredient is..so i talked to my hubby about it..and he thought about it and he said did you ever think about crushing the pills to powder and mixing it around and then weighing it on the same scale..that way it would make more sense your not going to get a piece that might have alot of active ingredient in it...i have never had a problem since i started doing that..hes not scientist but he said it just makes sense..and i went straight from using the chunks to crushing it with no problems i did order a special paper from amazon pharmacy paper because the powder doesnt stick to it and i just roll my dose up in it then when its time to take it i just slide the dose onto my tongue and then i lick the paper..

and alot has to do with your mind set too..if you just do it and think this is right and dont worry about is this the same weight than if i was using the chunks..it makes a world a difference..i am going to start my taper back again this week..so i am already tapering some down before i have to change to another brand..since i was able to get the teva but it does look different but i am going to crush it up with my other teva brand so there shouldnt be a difference well in my mind anyways..

hope this helps some if you have more questions please feel free to ask away :)

hope you get all these changes done soon

Pam

I’m thinking of doing a liquid taper when I finally kick out the .125 😒. I hate the crumbling! I just started not picking up the dust as a step towards kicking the .125 so I can put the even .5 in water. I’m on Northstar and they dissolve well and it seems pretty easy if you make sure to have the water real mixed up before you pour it into equal cups. Than just make sure to fill the cup and drink the rinse water. Seems better than the crumbs and even the dust we don’t notice...I’m done licking my countertop  :D

jen

I was having problems with the cut and hold pattern..so i started to microtaper..and then people started to talk about how do we know where the active ingredient is..so i talked to my hubby about it..and he thought about it and he said did you ever think about crushing the pills to powder and mixing it around and then weighing it on the same scale..that way it would make more sense your not going to get a piece that might have alot of active ingredient in it...i have never had a problem since i started doing that..hes not scientist but he said it just makes sense..and i went straight from using the chunks to crushing it with no problems i did order a special paper from amazon pharmacy paper because the powder doesnt stick to it and i just roll my dose up in it then when its time to take it i just slide the dose onto my tongue and then i lick the paper..

and alot has to do with your mind set too..if you just do it and think this is right and dont worry about is this the same weight than if i was using the chunks..it makes a world a difference..i am going to start my taper back again this week..so i am already tapering some down before i have to change to another brand..since i was able to get the teva but it does look different but i am going to crush it up with my other teva brand so there shouldnt be a difference well in my mind anyways..

hope this helps some if you have more questions please feel free to ask away :)

hope you get all these changes done soon

Pam

Jeeze Benzo brain sorry about my comment 2 up as I must have typed inside the quote.

I’m thinking of doing a liquid taper when I finally kick out the .125 😒. I hate the crumbling! I just started not picking up the dust as a step towards kicking the .125 so I can put the even .5 in water. I’m on Northstar and they dissolve well and it seems pretty easy if you make sure to have the water real mixed up before you pour it into equal cups. Than just make sure to fill the cup and drink the rinse water. Seems better than the crumbs and even the dust we don’t notice...I’m done licking my countertop  :D Jill

Dub,

Why not? Your wondering if others have, and you say “some people have success using the wafers.”

From what I’ve read, you have tried the Actavis clonazepam, and I frankly can’t remember whether you “liked it or not.”

But from I read that you were taking the brand K by Genentech, and did feel all that well on that.

So why don’t you try those wafers yourself if others are having success by using them?

I think you’re using a scale type cutter, so perhaps that doesn’t work well with these wafers. I don’t know because ive never used one of those.

But there has been info here about crushing the pills and mixing it up so that the medication is spread evenly throughout and then just weighing equal doses. Once again, I’m not sure if that works with these ODT type tablets.

I’m curious why you wouldn’t try to do something like that with these tablets or are you wondering about people who are liquid tapering? Either way, it sounds like it could work, so why don’t you try this?

Dub,

Why not? Your wondering if others have, and you say “some people have success using the wafers.”

From what I’ve read, you have tried the Actavis clonazepam, and I frankly can’t remember whether you “liked it or not.”

But from I read that you were taking the brand K by Genentech, and did feel all that well on that.

So why don’t you try those wafers yourself if others are having success by using them?

I think you’re using a scale type cutter, so perhaps that doesn’t work well with these wafers. I don’t know because ive never used one of those.

But there has been info here about crushing the pills and mixing it up so that the medication is spread evenly throughout and then just weighing equal doses. Once again, I’m not sure if that works with these ODT type tablets.

I’m curious why you wouldn’t try to do something like that with these tablets or are you wondering about people who are liquid tapering? Either way, it sounds like it could work, so why don’t you try this?

I seriously just found about klonopin wafers a day ago I would like to see what other ppl think, would like to know if it lasts as long as the regular tablets I know their supposed to hit quicker. But I am going to ask my pdoc if I can try some when I see him at the end of the month. I have not had success with either actavis or K brand. I’m pretty sure it’s because of the inactive ingredient povidone and it’s absorption. If you look at the list of every other med that uses povidone you’ll notice their all extended release pills. The wafer looks like has povidone in it. Intend how is your switch from sandboz to actavis coming along.

Dub my doc did want to try tapering the wafers in the beginning but I didn’t think I could cut them small enough to slowly taper. That is interesting it has the providone ingredient.

Dub my doc did want to try tapering the wafers in the beginning but I didn’t think I could cut them small enough to slowly taper. That is interesting it has the providone ingredient.

They come in .125 mg as well which sounds really nice. Are they harder to cut?

Dub,

I seriously just found about klonopin wafers a day ago I would like to see what other ppl think, would like to know if it lasts as long as the regular tablets I know their supposed to hit quicker. But I am going to ask my pdoc if I can try some when I see him at the end of the month. I have not had success with either actavis or K brand. I’m pretty sure it’s because of the inactive ingredient povidone and it’s absorption. If you look at the list of every other med that uses povidone you’ll notice their all extended release pills. The wafer looks like has povidone in it. Intend how is your switch from sandboz to actavis coming along.

I looked up the ingredients of ODTs and they have crospoividone in them. It’s somewhat structurally different than povidone. I’m not sure how much difference it makes. More in the area of chemical research I guess.

As far as my switch to Actavis from Sandoz, I’m going fairly slow. Trying to be kind to my cns.

It might be a good idea to ask a pharmacist if they would crush up ok. That way they could be used with a scale. I see my pdoc on October 4th. I’ll ask him what the difference is, and if they can be crushed successfully into a powder. He knows a lot about benzos. When I think about it, the doctor might know more than a pharmacist. I don’t think any of the pharmacists around here know much about tapering the microtaper way. I’ll let both of you know.

Hello Benzo fam. I was able to score Teva Clonazepam, 3 months worth. But I’m wondering if it’s even worth going back on teva only to feel good for 3 months. I have been off teva for 4 months now and not getting any better, but I know eventually my silly body will get used to it and I’ll start feeling better. Another thought was going back onto teva but this time slowly tapering over to the brand k. How’s everyone out there adjusting to their new generic or brand k. I believe with time we will all eventually adjust. So are the only generics of clonazepam our there now only solco, accord, and actavis? I wonder if the ppl who were taking mylan, Sandoz and northstar are having a difficult adjusting to a new generic as well. Hope everyone gets a break with a nice long window ;)

Dub it’s hard to say what to do. If it was me I probably wouldn’t start Teva again knowing after three months I would have to switch back but it could give you some relief and be able to relax a little. I started my cross over to Valium. To me it was the best option. I updosed k and was progressively getting worse.

Hey Jen that sounds like a very smart idea. So did dosing k into 3 not give you any relief? Atleast it will now be easier so switch to v using the Ashton method since she does it in 3 doses. Let us know how you feel. Btw curious what generic of v you are using, you should prob stick to whatever you got. Take care

I am most likely going to switch over to Valium as well after my teva, since it literally feels like K has pooped out on me, almost the same way a ssri does after taking it for a couple years. I tried V a few years ago but my ex pdoc wasn’t very smart and had the dosing mixed up, he gave me 5mg of v and said it’s the same as .5 mg k.

Hey Jen that sounds like a very smart idea. So did dosing k into 3 not give you any relief? Atleast it will now be easier so switch to v using the Ashton method since she does it in 3 doses. Let us know how you feel. Btw curious what generic of v you are using, you should prob stick to whatever you got. Take care

Hi I had been splitting my dose in 3 since Jan 2018. Maybe my signature isn’t clear. I was switched to Solco clonazepam and the last few days before starting my crossover where very scary for me. I feel Valium is the way to go for me. So many really struggle with K and I think there is a very good reason why Ashton uses V. My Valium brand is Teva also. 😳😳😳

Good luck to you. Let us know what you decide. I am doing a very slow cross over just the way that Ashton has it laid out.

Hey Jen what made you start splitting up your doses in January, did that make you feel better? Was wondering if I should start doing 3 doses of K to get my self ready for the switch over to V following the Ashton method. I wonder if the Ashton method can be done if doing 2 doses