Positive Feedback Please - Who felt improvements as they tapered?

[Un...]

Hi Loves!! 

Nova, I wrote a big ol response to you and my tablet crashed as it was posting  :brickwall::D  Soooo very happy about your day in the garden and thank you for sharing with us!  I agree with so much you said.  Wishing you great improvement on your cut!!  WOOHOOO gettin' closer!  :smitten:

Here is a post from CandaceJM from 2016 I found and loved!  So, of course I HAD to share with all my beautiful friends here:

"My taper from Xanax started nuts-ville because I didn't know what my body needed.  Once I had that figured out, it's been smooth sailing and has only gotten easier and easier. 

The road is not always easy, but it is always worth it.  I can honestly say that this whole experience has been a gift to me because I found the root of who I truly am when I was forced to go to places that were way outside of my comfort zone, that I would not have taken myself voluntarily.  I've been blessed with the resources and opportunities to taper in a way that my body can tolerate, not everyone is as fortunate. 

For what it's worth, I can say that what has helped me a whole lot is meditation.  I've learned the skill of bearing witness to what I'm experiencing, and not becoming wrapped up in a story of it all, a story that quite frankly makes it feel a whole lot worse and scares the living daylights out of me.  I've learned the impermanence of everything through meditation, of becoming aware and knowing that everything passes, no matter how uncomfortable I may feel at the time.

Another nugget of wisdom I've found is that you ARE NEVER STUCK.  Ever.  So anytime you feel stuck, just repeat to yourself, "I am not stuck."  Because it's the truth.  Your cells are always changing, always renewing.  Your body is literally renewing itself as you read this.  For example, it has been scientifically established that cells inside the body regenerate at different speeds – liver cells in 6 weeks, stomach lining cells in 3 days, eye cells in less than 48 hours.  In one year from today, your entire body will contain 100% brand new cells where you will physically not be the same person that you are today.  Your healing is constantly happening.  What you are experiencing is temporary.  If you're going to doubt something, doubt your own limits.  Don't doubt your capabilities.

Love your body, love it while it heals.  Honor and respect the process it is inherently so smart to find its way through.  Listen to the messages of what it is saying it needs.  Is it rest?  Is it exercise?  Is it a hug?  Is it a creative outlet?  The key is finding who you are, understanding what promotes your own healing, and doing those things.  Be flexible, those things might shift from day to day.  For me, one day I'll be in a hot bath with candles, lavender oil and epsom salts to rest my tired body, the next day running my booty off to get the nervous energy out.  Be okay with it all, release the 'shoulds' and just love yourself through whatever arises. 

I choose to also focus on gratitude. I've found it's the one emotion that cannot be swallowed when I'm overwhelmed in benzo withdrawal upticks.  I might be grumpy as heck, irritable, anxious, etc.  But, I can ALWAYS find something to be grateful for.  And that feeling of gratitude takes me out of the negative feeling I was having, even if just for a few minutes.  It breaks the cycle, it stops that negative story from continuing in my head.  It gives me perspective and clarity.  It reminds me that I am much more than this experience.

You are capable, you are loved, you are much more than withdrawal.  And buddies, you are never alone."

I hope you find strength, hope, empowerment and encouragement from this.  Thinking of all of you!

A little update - I've held at 1mg for a week and started feeling so much relief, as of yesterday.  I may hold a bit longer, but I'm noticing my sxs from tapering the last part of my updose have settled and I've been getting out with my husband.  I even went to a MALL for the first time since CT!!  The biggest issues I'm dealing with are lethargy and physical weakness, with emotional blunting still there.  But, really such a huge improvement!!  I was scared when I reached my 1mg baseline because I couldn't stabilize there after CT and reinstating.  I AM STABLE!! 

So much love to all of you  :smitten:❤️❤️❤️ :smitten:

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [no...]

• [Un...]

• [Ma...]

• [Ha...]

Hi Loves!! 

Nova, I wrote a big ol response to you and my tablet crashed as it was posting  :brickwall::D  Soooo very happy about your day in the garden and thank you for sharing with us!  I agree with so much you said.  Wishing you great improvement on your cut!!  WOOHOOO gettin' closer!  :smitten:

Here is a post from CandaceJM from 2016 I found and loved!  So, of course I HAD to share with all my beautiful friends here:

"My taper from Xanax started nuts-ville because I didn't know what my body needed.  Once I had that figured out, it's been smooth sailing and has only gotten easier and easier. 

The road is not always easy, but it is always worth it.  I can honestly say that this whole experience has been a gift to me because I found the root of who I truly am when I was forced to go to places that were way outside of my comfort zone, that I would not have taken myself voluntarily.  I've been blessed with the resources and opportunities to taper in a way that my body can tolerate, not everyone is as fortunate. 

For what it's worth, I can say that what has helped me a whole lot is meditation.  I've learned the skill of bearing witness to what I'm experiencing, and not becoming wrapped up in a story of it all, a story that quite frankly makes it feel a whole lot worse and scares the living daylights out of me.  I've learned the impermanence of everything through meditation, of becoming aware and knowing that everything passes, no matter how uncomfortable I may feel at the time.

Another nugget of wisdom I've found is that you ARE NEVER STUCK.  Ever.  So anytime you feel stuck, just repeat to yourself, "I am not stuck."  Because it's the truth.  Your cells are always changing, always renewing.  Your body is literally renewing itself as you read this.  For example, it has been scientifically established that cells inside the body regenerate at different speeds – liver cells in 6 weeks, stomach lining cells in 3 days, eye cells in less than 48 hours.  In one year from today, your entire body will contain 100% brand new cells where you will physically not be the same person that you are today.  Your healing is constantly happening.  What you are experiencing is temporary.  If you're going to doubt something, doubt your own limits.  Don't doubt your capabilities.

Love your body, love it while it heals.  Honor and respect the process it is inherently so smart to find its way through.  Listen to the messages of what it is saying it needs.  Is it rest?  Is it exercise?  Is it a hug?  Is it a creative outlet?  The key is finding who you are, understanding what promotes your own healing, and doing those things.  Be flexible, those things might shift from day to day.  For me, one day I'll be in a hot bath with candles, lavender oil and epsom salts to rest my tired body, the next day running my booty off to get the nervous energy out.  Be okay with it all, release the 'shoulds' and just love yourself through whatever arises. 

I choose to also focus on gratitude. I've found it's the one emotion that cannot be swallowed when I'm overwhelmed in benzo withdrawal upticks.  I might be grumpy as heck, irritable, anxious, etc.  But, I can ALWAYS find something to be grateful for.  And that feeling of gratitude takes me out of the negative feeling I was having, even if just for a few minutes.  It breaks the cycle, it stops that negative story from continuing in my head.  It gives me perspective and clarity.  It reminds me that I am much more than this experience.

You are capable, you are loved, you are much more than withdrawal.  And buddies, you are never alone."

I hope you find strength, hope, empowerment and encouragement from this.  Thinking of all of you!

A little update - I've held at 1mg for a week and started feeling so much relief, as of yesterday.  I may hold a bit longer, but I'm noticing my sxs from tapering the last part of my updose have settled and I've been getting out with my husband.  I even went to a MALL for the first time since CT!!  The biggest issues I'm dealing with are lethargy and physical weakness, with emotional blunting still there.  But, really such a huge improvement!!  I was scared when I reached my 1mg baseline because I couldn't stabilize there after CT and reinstating.  I AM STABLE!! 

That's wonderful Uni, so happy for you ♥️  :smitten:

Uni, that's so great you're feeling better and getting out more! I just got back from a wonderful vacation weekend with my husband and some friends of ours at a delightful cabin in the woods. My energy and spirits were both really lifted. I also made it to 1 mg Valium today! Of course that means I'll likely be ill again later this week, and I still have one more cut to 0.5 mg before jumping...but I'm so close now! I continue to experience longer, brighter windows. It feels like I'm waking up again after a long time sleepwalking. Now I just have to keep being patient and gentle with myself so the progress can continue. Things are looking up!

Gwinna

Uni, that's so great you're feeling better and getting out more! I just got back from a wonderful vacation weekend with my husband and some friends of ours at a delightful cabin in the woods. My energy and spirits were both really lifted. I also made it to 1 mg Valium today! Of course that means I'll likely be ill again later this week, and I still have one more cut to 0.5 mg before jumping...but I'm so close now! I continue to experience longer, brighter windows. It feels like I'm waking up again after a long time sleepwalking. Now I just have to keep being patient and gentle with myself so the progress can continue. Things are looking up!

Gwinna

Patience is your fav word now and probably most important til u jump.  It's great you are so close :)

Sneak off to miss as many sxs as you can.  Good luck 🍀 keep us posted!

Love your body, love it while it heals.  Honor and respect the process it is inherently so smart to find its way through. Listen to the messages of what it is saying it needs.  Is it rest?  Is it exercise?  Is it a hug?  Is it a creative outlet?  The key is finding who you are, understanding what promotes your own healing, and doing those things.  Be flexible, those things might shift from day to day.  For me, one day I'll be in a hot bath with candles, lavender oil and epsom salts to rest my tired body, the next day running my booty off to get the nervous energy out.  Be okay with it all, release the 'shoulds' and just love yourself through whatever arises. 

Hi Uni  :smitten: WOW what a fantastic post you found written by CandaceJM!! Such POWERFUL truths!! I couldn't stop highlighting  :oops:,  every word was so uplifting!! Thanks so much for sharing it!!

Also A HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to you on being STABLE at 1mg, for going out with your husband and your first trip to a mall. CandaceJM is so right and it is so important that we know that we are NEVER STUCK!! You just proved that!!  :thumbsup:  :smitten:❤️❤️❤️ Harmonee

I have dealt with both good and bad aspects of withdrawal during my own taper...I've noticed a slight pattern that includes improvement of cognitive symptoms and feeling more like "me" after the first day or two. Unfortunately it has gone completely downhill for me from there for at least 3 or 4 weeks; dp/dr and severe depression being the main issue. Then I'll start getting more windows of emotion, which has been a double edged sword for me. Going from being numb for a long time to being emotional all of a sudden very unexpectedly can be highly problematic. But once I'm able to re-learn how to cope with my emotions, I can count that as an improvement. And for me, feeling intense emotions is better than feeling nothing at all.

Hi Loves!! 

YAY!!! :yippee: You go girl friend!!  :hug::socool: I am really pleased for you what a difference to just over a week ago, chalk and cheese  :thumbsup:

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Love your body, love it while it heals.  Honor and respect the process it is inherently so smart to find its way through. Listen to the messages of what it is saying it needs.  Is it rest?  Is it exercise?  Is it a hug?  Is it a creative outlet?  The key is finding who you are, understanding what promotes your own healing, and doing those things.  Be flexible, those things might shift from day to day.  For me, one day I'll be in a hot bath with candles, lavender oil and epsom salts to rest my tired body, the next day running my booty off to get the nervous energy out.  Be okay with it all, release the 'shoulds' and just love yourself through whatever arises. 

Hi Uni  :smitten: WOW what a fantastic post you found written by CandaceJM!! Such POWERFUL truths!! I couldn't stop highlighting  :oops:,  every word was so uplifting!! Thanks so much for sharing it!!

Also A HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to you on being STABLE at 1mg, for going out with your husband and your first trip to a mall. CandaceJM is so right and it is so important that we know that we are NEVER STUCK!! You just proved that!!  :thumbsup:  :smitten:❤️❤️❤️ Harmonee

A great post UNI, and great highlighting Harmonee..!! :)

I guess I can post here again.. :)

Riding 3 of 4 days flatterned me for 7 days.. (derrr.. -it pushes every system to the max)

But yesterday I started to bounce back.. It has given me a great indication of where im at with healing, which is kinda handy at this point..

For me it is encouraging to feel my body fight its way forward.. I dont doubt anymore, -I just know it takes its own time...

My Best to Everyone..

:)

Hiya Nova..!! :)

Gwinna

Gwinna  :hug: Glad you had a wonderful time, :) Here's part of  what I said on another thread regarding the above in purple

Not true there's people on here who took Benzos for 40 , 59 year's and they healed very fast as well , you can't compare anyone on here by dose or time scale.  I myself have been on them decades and am having a seriously  terrible time with this taper and way to much stress going on but that doesn't mean anything it doesn't mean its going to be this awful all the way down , it  doesn't mean I'm going to be worse again when I'm off .

Don't expect instantly  the worse just deal with whatever comes after you cut the best you can you may do a lot better than you think and hopefully you will, I cut when very rough felt like death then a few days later had my first window in ages and it lasted a few hours and the following days weren't so bad either :)

A great post UNI, and great highlighting Harmonee..!! :)

I guess I can post here again.. :)

Riding 3 of 4 days flatterned me for 7 days.. (derrr.. -it pushes every system to the max)

But yesterday I started to bounce back.. It has given me a great indication of where im at with healing, which is kinda handy at this point..

For me it is encouraging to feel my body fight its way forward.. I dont doubt anymore, -I just know it takes its own time...

My Best to Everyone..

:)

Hiya Nova..!! :)

Hiya Mate  :hug:  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

I have dealt with both good and bad aspects of withdrawal during my own taper...I've noticed a slight pattern that includes improvement of cognitive symptoms and feeling more like "me" after the first day or two. Unfortunately it has gone completely downhill for me from there for at least 3 or 4 weeks; dp/dr and severe depression being the main issue. Then I'll start getting more windows of emotion, which has been a double edged sword for me. Going from being numb for a long time to being emotional all of a sudden very unexpectedly can be highly problematic. But once I'm able to re-learn how to cope with my emotions, I can count that as an improvement. And for me, feeling intense emotions is better than feeling nothing at all.

Hi Wassernixe  :hug: I had the same thing start yesterday waves of intense emotion, and yes it does feel over whelming when it happens, going from emotionally blunt about some people to an over powering intense feeling of love that feels like a loss at the same time  ??? Emotional tsunami that's what its like :)

I did feel better at 1.25 mg., until derealization hit and I had to updose.  I so wanted to hold at 1.25 mg. Valium.  So even though I couldn't not sustain the lower dose, I do know that tapering off Valium is working, especially at lower doses.

Don't expect instantly  the worse just deal with whatever comes after you cut the best you can you may do a lot better than you think and hopefully you will, I cut when very rough felt like death then a few days later had my first window in ages and it lasted a few hours and the following days weren't so bad either :)

Hi Nova,

Thanks for this. I've learned not to let my expectations run the show, but thankfully my symptoms do generally have a pattern to them by now (this was not the case earlier on). Anticipating when I am likely to feel ill or when I'm likely to be in a window does help with planning my taper schedule, but of course it's not always that predictable. I've also cut while still symptomatic before, only to feel better a day or two later..they say healing is not linear and they are so right! I appreciate the support, and hope you're feeling okay yourself.

Gwinna

So nice to see all these encouaging posts :) Iove the post that Uni relayed, particularly the bits about gratitude and that we are not alone. I know feeling alone has caused me great anxiety so feeling connection with those in my life or on this site has given me great comfort. Glad to hear you are improving Uni with having gone out with your husband.

I just recently went on vacation for a week to a cottage. Despite my anxiety/agoraphobia I did it! I won't say it was easy, (I will write more in my blog about how it went) we had a lot of family around and loud kids LOL. There were many difficult moments, but I feel stronger for having gone through the experience.

Lots of Love everyone. :smitten:

• 7 months later...

*bump*

Bumping this topic as there's a lot of people suffering on here and we need the reassurance I hope more people will reply to this thread I myself have begun tapering again but its early days yet so I've not got much to report  except I am now at 14.5mg from 15mg and going to try another cut but those who  are further along and have improved hopefully will add to this thread and help keep it going its a much needed topic that gives hope to those who are struggling badly everyday for a long time to see it does get better at lower doses and it hasn't got to be even worse hell just because your doses are getting lower and you can in fact improve  :thumbsup:

[glow=red,2,300]Hi "Sista,"[/glow] I forget to post sometimes, thinking who really wants to read how well I am doing...but you are right, those that are struggling so, need to hear that things can change. My first two tapers had to come from the pit of hell, where I spent most of my time on the floor...or with the feeling that my shoulders were wrapped around my head...and I could not hold my head up...it sat on my chest...or so it felt like that. Everything that has been written here on BB...I had...and yes I felt I was the worst...but I only learned of this after I joined. I did most of the changes myself...without any help from a Doctor...I knew he had led me astray twice and I almost stroked out twice...hence I reinstated twice...that saved me twice...I was getting content...to stay on Valium...but fears of not being able to get the Valium and how my ENT Doc treated me so badly, making me feel like a addict and worse...he said I must be selling them....long hard story. So once again I decided to try...just doing it my way...it has been a long drawn out taper, but it has worked so well for me.

When I finally joined BB, I was well on my way, with my own thoughts about how I was tapering and settled in here, distracting and reading...starting threads that I still do each day and My blog. From the get-go I accepted that it was going to take a long time and longer if I rushed off...as I did before, I just accepted each rut in the road, and re-adjusted as needed. So now to the question asked, yes it does get better each time I taper and yes I feel healing as I have gone down, no windows really, but I do not need them...as I feel that I am living a window...each moment I am not in the depths of despair. trust me it does get worse if one goes too fast and cuts too much...I guess I would say that I have had it much easier this third time...and the last time I will taper ever. Everyone has to find what will work for them...maybe it is going faster...but for me, that did not work. I have had sx all the way down but mild mostly...and less each time...and really not bad...as I just took them in stride...and relied on My Brain as I knew when I had sx that it was healing that part of the Brain causing the sx...so I only have had blips of sx...which mean...mild in comparison to before...Hang on, think out your taper and throw away a time frame...Our Brain have been injured...just as if we had a gunshot to the head...it takes time for healing and it will not be pushed to heal faster...be "Patient and Accept the Process of Healing and be Grateful". 💖 Peace and Healing.

I like this ""Patient and Accept the Process of Healing and be Grateful", begood. If you don't mind I'd use it in my profile motto.

Hugs,

Mary

I like this ""Patient and Accept the Process of Healing and be Grateful", begood. If you don't mind I'd use it in my profile motto.

Hugs,

Mary

:smitten::thumbsup::smitten:Change the Patient to Patience on your profile. :)

[glow=red,2,300]Hi "Sista,"[/glow] I forget to post sometimes, thinking who really wants to read how well I am doing...but you are right, those that are struggling so, need to hear that things can change. My first two tapers had to come from the pit of hell, where I spent most of my time on the floor...or with the feeling that my shoulders were wrapped around my head...and I could not hold my head up...it sat on my chest...or so it felt like that. Everything that has been written here on BB...I had...and yes I felt I was the worst...but I only learned of this after I joined. I did most of the changes myself...without any help from a Doctor...I knew he had led me astray twice and I almost stroked out twice...hence I reinstated twice...that saved me twice...I was getting content...to stay on Valium...but fears of not being able to get the Valium and how my ENT Doc treated me so badly, making me feel like a addict and worse...he said I must be selling them....long hard story. So once again I decided to try...just doing it my way...it has been a long drawn out taper, but it has worked so well for me.

When I finally joined BB, I was well on my way, with my own thoughts about how I was tapering and settled in here, distracting and reading...starting threads that I still do each day and My blog. From the get-go I accepted that it was going to take a long time and longer if I rushed off...as I did before, I just accepted each rut in the road, and re-adjusted as needed. So now to the question asked, yes it does get better each time I taper and yes I feel healing as I have gone down, no windows really, but I do not need them...as I feel that I am living a window...each moment I am not in the depths of despair. trust me it does get worse if one goes too fast and cuts too much...I guess I would say that I have had it much easier this third time...and the last time I will taper ever. Everyone has to find what will work for them...maybe it is going faster...but for me, that did not work. I have had sx all the way down but mild mostly...and less each time...and really not bad...as I just took them in stride...and relied on My Brain as I knew when I had sx that it was healing that part of the Brain causing the sx...so I only have had blips of sx...which mean...mild in comparison to before...Hang on, think out your taper and throw away a time frame...Our Brain have been injured...just as if we had a gunshot to the head...it takes time for healing and it will not be pushed to heal faster...be "Patient and Accept the Process of Healing and be Grateful". 💖 Peace and Healing.

Thanks Sista' :hug: a great encouraging post as always  :mybuddy:  :smitten:

• 6 months later...

Nice to have windows, I'm in a wave so bad I feel like Patrick Swayze in Point Break  :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Good luck

Hey-at least you can make a joke! I am loving this positive thread as I just started my taper Wednesday. I went down from 1.5 mg Klonopin to 1.375, which was 8%. After two days, I started to feel the sx and have now cut the .125 taper in half. I don't care how long this takes me as long as I'm not miserable. Thanks to everyone for their good vibes.

Hi all,

I’ve read about a couple of people who felt improvements with some things or overall as they tapered.  Would love to hear more positive experiences about this.  Anyone out there notice things improving when tapering? 

A lot of us who are tapering would surely benefit by hearing some positive stuff you noticed as you tapered and began healing.  Thank you so much! 

Uni

It would have been REALLY nice if some of these people... even one would have given me positive feedback earlier when I posted about my horrible side effects and was struggling so bad.  I was actually crying last night.  I'm on a forum where I'm supposed to find support... supposed to find comradeship.  Instead... I walk away feeling that I was "bad" or was a burden for being "real" and sharing my struggle.  :-\ 

This has been a very lonely road for me yet I have encouraged many people on this forum for the last two years BEFORE I reached such a low dose and started to struggle myself.  Yah... stay away from my messages and hopefully you will gain the encouragement that you need.  Sorry I'm such a bummer and at times cannot seem to think positively because of the pain I'm in.  I've been through a lot in my life. I was put on Clonazepam originally for panic attacks and PTSD because I am a survivor of a very traumatic sexual assault with a deadly weapon and I almost died... so yah.. sorry I can't always overcome my symptoms.  :'( :-\