Positive Feedback Please - Who felt improvements as they tapered?

[Un...]

Yes!!  NoMore, Supporting and Gwinna!  It truly means so much that you’ve posted here, thank you so much for sharing these  experiences.

NoMore - that’s HUGE that you went out today to a large shopping center for the first time in 6 years!  And that you’re getting fitter, getting healthier.  Congratulations! 

Supporting - How wonderful are you to be here in support of your wife, you’re an angel.  What great hope this brings that she did a slow symptom based taper and was without an acute phase after jumping - congratulations to you both!! 

Gwinna - Great signs of healing that you’re more able during windows to do these things!  So happy you’re having windows and making the most of them! 

Love hearing all these positives.  Seriously can’t thank you all enough for Contributing!  When I started this thread I was doing pretty well with my taper but this last week hit a rough patch (maybe a wave, maybe too fast of a taper), so you’re all really helping me to BELIEVE.  And I know it helps others, even if they’re silently reading. 

Love to everyone ❤️

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [no...]

• [Un...]

• [Ma...]

• [Ha...]

My wife did a slow symptom based taper off 2 1/2 mg K and absolutely felt better the lower she got.  She held many times and didn’t cut her dose until her symptoms resolved.  No acute period after her last dose and she’s doing more and more everyday.  She went back to the gym for hard cardio work one month ago. 

You can feel better at the lower doses!  :)

Supportingspouse, I cannot thank you enough for posting that!! I'm having a pretty good taper and that nasty little "voice" in the back of my mind says "Hey YOU - don't be so cocky! You're still on 18mg of Valium, not 2mg! Just you wait!"  :tickedoff: So thank you, thank you, thank you!! And kudos to you for being such a great support to your wife  :angel::smitten: Harmonee

The more positive stories the better.  I’m glad you’re all here and finding this thread helpful ❤️

I corresponded with one of the healed members yesterday through PM.  She said it go so much better the further she got down in dose.  Many symptoms and sxs started getting better and going away as she went along.

What wonderful news Uni!! You're right too about the more positive stories the better!! Let's keep the proverbial ball rolling  :hug:❤️ Couldn't help copy your heart again ❤️  :laugh:  :smitten: Harmonee

My wife did a slow symptom based taper off 2 1/2 mg K and absolutely felt better the lower she got.  She held many times and didn’t cut her dose until her symptoms resolved.  No acute period after her last dose and she’s doing more and more everyday.  She went back to the gym for hard cardio work one month ago. 

You can feel better at the lower doses!  :)

Supportingspouse, I cannot thank you enough for posting that!! I'm having a pretty good taper and that nasty little "voice" in the back of my mind says "Hey YOU - don't be so cocky! You're still on 18mg of Valium, not 2mg! Just you wait!"  :tickedoff: So thank you, thank you, thank you!! And kudos to you for being such a great support to your wife  :angel::smitten: Harmonee

Harmonee, You’re welcome!  That’s a great sign you’re feeling decent and no reason to predict things will worsen.  The key for my wife was to listen to her body and taper accordingly.  My observation is going too fast can cause trouble at the low doses for some people. 

Take care.

Hi Uni,

Serenitee,

Everyone...

Looking back... And simply put (cos im in a wave), I have gone from bed and non functional, to on average in a month:, 1 great week, 2 functional weeks, and one rough week...

-no complaints here... Just taking my time...

Although this wave is bad, which I contributed to by doing way too much physical work, I do feel "cleaner" in a way... (0.25V)

Great to hear how others are doing...

:)

Hi Cant!

Thanks you for sharing this, it really helps and keeps the thoughts and beliefs more on a positive vibe.  I’m glad you’re so far down in your taper and have had such HUGE improvements!  I’m sorry you’re in a wave, hoping it passes soon and your back to the upswing in this cycle.  3 weeks a month being out of the bad is pretty awesome!

Much love to you, friend 💕

Thanks Nova... your an angel..

Oo

Hey Uni, Thanks, and im happy to say that today was back to good after some pretty yuck days..

This cut to 0.25v has been about new SX emerging... -and fading away... Atleast it breaks the monotony...!

Most things have been the benzo classics, so perhaps a slightly better understanding now...

This wave only cost one day in bed (i think?), and actually, I found keeping active to calm this new hypo anxiety stuff... -The bonus being a spring clean -after 9yrs... -and good sleep...!!

My best to everyone...

:)

I've been having longer windows since I've got down to almost 5mg. I've been going incredibly slowly and still have bad times, in fact I'm worried that I am jinxing myself now by writing this!  But it is true that the windows are longer. Hope this is the kind of thing you wanted to hear....

I knocked on wood , no jinx for you.  Hope you have a good day, peace and calm :smitten:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there,

Today is a bright and shiny winter morning in Buenos Aires (where I live)...

I am in a beautiful window right now, my mind is clearer and I'm starting to understand how many things that happened in my life and how Benzo affected my spirit.

It has contaminated every situation I've lived (affective, professional, etc.)

I am very happy in my decision of going off this poison...

Have a nice Saturday!!

This is so nice to hear! I’m so happy for you. It gives us all hope! I pray for the day that I can write those same words. I had an awful sleep and am suffering today.

Thank you, Rodolfo.  This really helps us so much to fight against the benzo lies, that life will just be this way forever.  Waves suck!  Congratulations on your window!!  Peace and further healing to you!

Good job with this topic Uni, I am really down in a whole after going down to 1.25 from 1.5 K.  I needed to see something positive.

Hello there,

Today is a bright and shiny winter morning in Buenos Aires (where I live)...

I am in a beautiful window right now, my mind is clearer and I'm starting to understand how many things that happened in my life and how Benzo affected my spirit.

It has contaminated every situation I've lived (affective, professional, etc.)

I am very happy in my decision of going off this poison...

Have a nice Saturday!!

Hola mi feliz amigo! Firstly I confess that I copied that from Google Translator so please excuse me if it's wrong  :-[ What a lovely post!! Okay, I will give one back. The weekend in Sydney Australia (where I live) is also a beautiful, sunny winter's day  :thumbsup: I too am so happy to be coming off this poison and intend to treat it with the contempt it deserves (it has no power over me any more and never will again!)  ;)

Anyone up for a challenge to list one (or how many you like) things that you're grateful for today?

1. I've just gone through pretty aggressive dental surgery and used mindfulness techniques (very successfully too) instead of allowing the dentist to sedate  me with benzos!!

2. Due to the surgery, I'm currently on a necessary course of antibiotics and I seem to be tolerating them very well (phew!!)

2. I'm doing an online course which is really keeping me focused and I am so happy and enthusiastic  :)

3. Getting out and walking into my local town; smiling at people who smile back.

4. Oh, this one sounds a bit silly, but I am so grateful. I caught public transport to the dentist, I was so worried at first (out of my comfort zone). I have always avoided crowds. However, I enjoyed the experience so much I caught the bus back home, instead of my husband picking me up.

:smitten: to everyone  :smitten: Harmonee

Thank you to all of you contributing to the positivity, to those sharing appreciation for this thread and to those reading - and bumping!  This is a thread I will never tire of reading and hope someday to be contributing to more.

Come to think of it, I can contribute now!  Although tomorrow will be 5 weeks into tapering (DLMT), I’ve noticed some pretty significant things that deserve mentioning. 

I had my first two windows since beginning my taper.  Both of which consisted of me going out in public and feeling free of fear.  The first window was a few days long, the second was 10 days.  I sang to music, felt positive emotions and had inspiration for life during those windows.  Got out of my comfort zone and felt calm about it. 

Wishing you all peace and comfort today!  I’m so grateful for all of you.  Thank you again for keeping this thread alive and sharing your POSITIVES!! 

Nice to have windows, I'm in a wave so bad I feel like Patrick Swayze in Point Break  :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Good luck

Hola mi feliz amigo! Firstly I confess that I copied that from Google Translator so please excuse me if it's wrong  :-[ What a lovely post!! Okay, I will give one back. The weekend in Sydney Australia (where I live) is also a beautiful, sunny winter's day  :thumbsup: I too am so happy to be coming off this poison and intend to treat it with the contempt it deserves (it has no power over me any more and never will again!)  ;)

Hello Harmonee!

Your quote in Spanish was perfect! I must admit that I use Google Translator too when I write in English, as I don't want to make mistakes in my spelling and grammar!  ;)

I agree with you that it's great to be able to achieve simple and everyday things like going in public transportation....it's a big challenge to be able to be "normal" again.

As for myself I try not to stay in my comfort zone. For example, I go to work everyday and have my meetings there (I am a business consultant): even if sometimes I feel like being on my own, I try to fight back my social phobia and remain. I have never cancelled one sesion because I was not feeling well.

These kind of situations make feel I am in control again over my life!

Have a nice Sunday!

Hello Harmonee!

Your quote in Spanish was perfect! I must admit that I use Google Translator too when I write in English, as I don't want to make mistakes in my spelling and grammar!  ;)

I agree with you that it's great to be able to achieve simple and everyday things like going in public transportation....it's a big challenge to be able to be "normal" again.

As for myself I try not to stay in my comfort zone. For example, I go to work everyday and have my meetings there (I am a business consultant): even if sometimes I feel like being on my own, I try to fight back my social phobia and remain. I have never cancelled one sesion because I was not feeling well.

These kind of situations make feel I am in control again over my life!

Have a nice Sunday!

Hi Rodolfo! That's a great attitude to adopt. It takes a lot of courage just to not allow our "minds" to control what we know is best for us!

I see from your signature you were on Xanax for 40 years? Oh my!!! I see you have come a long, long way so close to the finish line  :yippee:

It's so good Uni started this thread (thanks Uni!!  :smitten:)

Hope everyone has a great week  :thumbsup: Harmonee

Hi Harmonee!!

You are right, it is terrible to be 40 years under dependence...

I know it was then, as I was medicated by MD when I was going to start my post graduate studies. I was then 28...now I am 68!

But I never thought, during all this time, that those pills were so harmful!

I took the automatically before going to sleep, never giving much thought to what I was doing. As simply as brushing my teeth...

Years ago I started to have very poor concentration. I was losing my memory. And many other things you may know! Typical benzo symptoms.

I realised I was in trouble when I found that I had bought an expensive airline ticket Buenos Aires-New York twice!! Never recall when or how I bought it in the first place. But it was me who did it, as the employee recognised me and there was my signature on the papers...

It's 7 months now that my journey started. Even if I have real bad symptoms, I feel very HAPPY to get rid of this poison...

Today's morning is bright and sunny as it was yesterday!

It’s so inspiring to read your commitment on your journey. I also started many years ago with just a little pill at bed time to help me sleep. I never gave it much ought. I just did as the doctor prescribed because I was having such problems sleeping because of fibromyalgia. I never thought it wa anything that could do me any harm. The doctor prescribed it to help me. Somewhere along the line I was increased and the daytime doses added due to anxiety. It’s a story that many of us know here. Little by little we will all get there.

Thank you for sharing your story of positivity in the face of struggles.  We all have hem here and your post is just what the doctor ordered! Have a splendid day.....especially if you are a father as today is Father’s Day here in the US!

Bella

Hi Harmonee!!

I know it was then, as I was medicated by MD when I was going to start my post graduate studies. I was then 28...now I am 68!

I took the automatically before going to sleep, never giving much thought to what I was doing. As simply as brushing my teeth...

Years ago I started to have very poor concentration. I was losing my memory. And many other things you may know! Typical benzo symptoms.

I realised I was in trouble when I found that I had bought an expensive airline ticket Buenos Aires-New York twice!! Never recall when or how I bought it in the first place. But it was me who did it, as the employee recognised me and there was my signature on the papers...

It's 7 months now that my journey started. Even if I have real bad symptoms, I feel very HAPPY to get rid of this poison...

You are inspiring, that could not have been harder, I'm sure.  Thank you for posting  :smitten:

Hi Harmonee!!

WOW Rodolfo!! What determination!! Plus regardless of your symptoms, you still go into work and hold meetings! Com o meu maior respeito (is that correct?)  :smitten: Harmonee

Thanks for your words Harmonee, Mary and Bella!!

And Hamonee, you pressed the wrong button in Google Translator, as you wrote your message in Portuguese LOL  :laugh:!!!

In Spanish you should say: "Con mi mayor respeto"

Have a nice day!

Rodolfo