Positive Feedback Please - Who felt improvements as they tapered?

[Un...]

Thanks for your words Harmonee, Mary and Bella!!

And Hamonee, you pressed the wrong button in Google Translator, as you wrote your message in Portuguese LOL  :laugh:!!!

In Spanish you should say: "Con mi mayor respeto"

Have a nice day!

Rodolfo

Portuguese, but it shows your commitment  :smitten:

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [no...]

• [Un...]

• [Ma...]

• [Ha...]

Hamonee, you pressed the wrong button in Google Translator, as you wrote your message in Portuguese LOL  :laugh:!!!

Have a nice day!

Rodolfo

:laugh: That's so funny! I woke at about 3am this morning kicking myself realizing I chose Portuguese Spanish instead of Argentinian Spanish  :-[ Estoy avergonzado, pero también es gracioso  ;) Te deseo un buen día también (gosh I think I may be over-utilizing Google Translator  ::):thumbsup: Harmonee

Hamonee, you pressed the wrong button in Google Translator, as you wrote your message in Portuguese LOL  :laugh:!!!

Have a nice day!

Rodolfo

:laugh: That's so funny! I woke at about 3am this morning kicking myself realizing I chose Portuguese Spanish instead of Argentinian Spanish  :-[ Estoy avergonzado, pero también es gracioso  ;) Te deseo un buen día también (gosh I think I may be over-utilizing Google Translator  ::):thumbsup: Harmonee

:laugh:;D

Have a nice day!

Rodolfo

Hey Mary, seen you around the traps as they say  :thumbsup: I just read you signature. Looks as though you're really steaming ahead!! Just wanted to wish you all the very best of luck getting of X once and for all, and now reducing from V.  :smitten: Harmonee

Have a nice day!

Rodolfo

Hey Mary, seen you around the traps as they say  :thumbsup: I just read you signature. Looks as though you're really steaming ahead!! Just wanted to wish you all the very best of luck getting of X once and for all, and now reducing from V.  :smitten: Harmonee

Thank yo so much Harmonee, that was very sweet.  For all of us it's such a long road and we start off knowing so little.  Healthy thoughts for you  :)

Hello my friends from "Positive feedback"!!!

I hope you have started your week full of energy and very motivated to leave behind that evil benzo...

We are a day closer to out goal...and we have to be happy about that!

Un cordial saludo a todos!

Rodolfo

I hope you have started your week full of energy and very motivated to leave behind that evil benzo...

Rodolfo

Hello Rodolfo!  I love that..  you made me smile.  This has become a little group, hasn’t it?  Cherish every one of you, friends.  The more positivity, the better.  And thank you for the reminder that we can be happy about being closer to our goal.  Wishing every one of noticeable progress, hope, faith, peace and well-being.  Someday we will all be healed. 

Uni

Rodolfo

Hi Uni, Nova, Mary and gracias Rodolfo  :hug: The week has indeed started with much enthusiasm and as you say "full of energy and very motivated to leave behind that evil benzo...We are a day closer to out goal...and we have to be happy about that!" What wise words Rodolfo and Uni, such a sweet thing to say that our little Positive Feedback group is cherished  :-*  :thumbsup: Isn't it the little things in life which we treasure the most?

OK, I've continued to give my brain a good working out, keeping up my daily "Wheel of Awareness" practice, and online study course - keeping my thoughts in check  :thumbsup: Learning new concepts is really keeping the brain "firing up" so to speak. But the most exciting (for me) this past fortnight is that (not before time!) I've taken up active exercise every day! I've  really stepped outside of my comfort zone (I should rephrase that to "stepped out of  my lazy zone"  :laugh:). Bought some "active wear" and walk/jog about 4km a day. There are some great hills to climb and flats to recover the breath. Feeling so invigorated  :yippee:

Also so grateful the weather has been lovely and sunny each day, something about beautiful winter days make me feel alive  :)

So grateful to be coming off this poison and really enjoying life again  :thumbsup:

Cherish you all too  :hug:  :smitten: Harmonee

Rodolfo

Hi Uni, Nova, Mary and gracias Rodolfo  :hug: The week has indeed started with much enthusiasm and as you say "full of energy and very motivated to leave behind that evil benzo...We are a day closer to out goal...and we have to be happy about that!" What wise words Rodolfo and Uni, such a sweet thing to say that our little Positive Feedback group is cherished  :-*  :thumbsup: Isn't it the little things in life which we treasure the most?

OK, I've continued to give my brain a good working out, keeping up my daily "Wheel of Awareness" practice, and online study course - keeping my thoughts in check  :thumbsup: Learning new concepts is really keeping the brain "firing up" so to speak. But the most exciting (for me) this past fortnight is that (not before time!) I've taken up active exercise every day! I've  really stepped outside of my comfort zone (I should rephrase that to "stepped out of  my lazy zone"  :laugh:). Bought some "active wear" and walk/jog about 4km a day. There are some great hills to climb and flats to recover the breath. Feeling so invigorated  :yippee:

Also so grateful the weather has been lovely and sunny each day, something about beautiful winter days make me feel alive  :)

So grateful to be coming off this poison and really enjoying life again  :thumbsup:

Cherish you all too  :hug:  :smitten: Harmonee

Cheers to you Harmonee!!  How great that you’re getting physically active whilst keeping your brain active!  Huge steps!!  Thank you for updating us, it’s really exciting to share in the triumphs with all of you. 

I’m wavy with mental and physical fatigue right now, but I know it will pass again like it does.  But, I’ve been also working my brain and spirit with a book called “The Magic” by Rhonda Byrnes.  It’s a book consisting of a 28-Day Gratitude practice, each day different.  Then you can repeat or choose certain areas.  Today is Day 5 and ohhhh does it shift things. 

Learning and exercising as able is such a great way to spend the time in WD.  Especially helpful for me bc I’m mostly homebound.  And I get so bored!  Some days it’s easier than others, but what a great opportunity we have to invest ourselves into new things. 

So happy for you and high FIVE for getting active wear and doing 4K!! ❤️

Nova, I was just about to do the same.  Thank you for bumping this.

No problem Uni :hug:  We all need this thread badly!!!  :D Its a help to see others who were in hell throughout their taper at a higher dose  feeling much better although their still tapering and a big difference in how their feeling and what their able to do as they got lower. And also those who may be off the drugs completely now but also can validate it got better a they got lower down it gives hope that this hell suffering will abate in the lower numbers on the way down  :)

Love peace and healing  to everyone on here x Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hi Guys,

Great to read..!

This sure is an opportunity to build ourselves up beyond limits we may never have even been aware of before...

Harmonee, you set such a positive, capable example, as do you all...

I feel like I am getting past my last wave, and am so close to possibly jumping that a niggle of an idea formed that it could indeed be my last wave from benzos...

I am feeling much more clear headed and fresh in my new little windows...

Wash you all the best..!!

:)

Oooops...

Hi again everyone  :smitten:

Uni, absolutely "this too shall pass" is such a powerful statement  :thumbsup: I will be very interested in reading  “The Magic” by Rhonda Byrnes!! Do you keep a gratitude diary? No doubt you've read Eckhart Tolle's books  :thumbsup: changed my life  :)

Nova, yes isn't this just great! This thread is so uplifting!! ❤️ (stole that heart from Uni - again  ;)❤️)

Cant, wow! So close to possibly jumping, and feeling good. We all need to hear such great news! ❤️ Just love your spirit  :thumbsup: Lol, your faux pas was so funny  :laugh: Next doctor who dare tells me "next time I see you, come back "clean"!!!" I can now confidently reply "I'll have you know I've already been washed by Cantfly!!"  :laugh:

Sending you all my gratitude  :smitten: Harmonee

Hi again everyone  :smitten:

Uni, absolutely "this too shall pass" is such a powerful statement  :thumbsup: I will be very interested in reading  “The Magic” by Rhonda Byrnes!! Do you keep a gratitude diary? No doubt you've read Eckhart Tolle's books  :thumbsup: changed my life  :)

Nova, yes isn't this just great! This thread is so uplifting!! ❤️ (stole that heart from Uni - again  ;)❤️)

Cant, wow! So close to possibly jumping, and feeling good. We all need to hear such great news! ❤️ Just love your spirit  :thumbsup: Lol, your faux pas was so funny  :laugh: Next doctor who dare tells me "next time I see you, come back "clean"!!!" I can now confidently reply "I'll have you know I've already been washed by Cantfly!!"  :laugh:

Sending you all my gratitude  :smitten: Harmonee

Oh no Harmonee, you've wound Cantfly up again :D

Hello "positive group",

It's not that I feel great and that my WD symptoms are light. On the opposite, I have very bad days...but down deep I am happy that I am going through this journey, because I can see there's light at the end of this road.

I think we have to be proud of ourselves, because we decided to be off this poison, and that is not an easy choice!

To do so we had to be brave and courageous, as we knew beforehand that we should have to support of this horrible symptoms while tapering and -one of the worst thoughts- to know that one day we'll have to continue without any artificial support.

Every day we are closer to our goal!

From a brigth and cold Buenos Aires morning!

Hi Positivity Friends :smitten:

Harmonee, yes this book is such a wonderful resource to have during this time.  I do keep a gratitude journal, since beginning the book.  It has you do a list of 10 things you’re grateful for per day and why.  And it incorporates a daily gratitude practice to focus on, as well.  A couple of days I was unable to write my gratitudes because of mental and physical fatigue, so I picked up where I left off and instead kept thinking about what I’m grateful for each day.  I’ve found it’s much more effective when actually writing and speaking them.  It took me two hours today, needed to take breaks haha.  There’s a chapter in it about turning negatives into positives, which I’m on today - it’s been helping so much, as I’m having a wave of depression.  I might stay on this chapter until it shifts. I haven’t read Eckhart’s books yet, but did a course he offered online a couple years ago and have watched so many of his videos.  Amazing!! 

❤️ PS - It’s the heart of the collective  ;)

Cant, wowza!  That’s sooooo cool you’re getting close to slip-sliding off!  You’re such an inspiration and have such a positive energy about you.  Love it!  I hope everything is going well and life just keeps getting better for you!  :thumbsup:

Mary, I hope you are doing well today and noticing improvements, I love your sense of humor.  As well as Harmonee’s.  Thank you both for the laugh.  :)

Nova, yes!!  That’s exactly why I wanted to throw the original post out there, becasue there is so much focus on what’s going wrong that I’d get a bad feeling inside when coming to the withdrawal support board.  For me and many of us, support also means let’s hear/read some good news and about stories of what’s going well!  I’m learning to notice improvements and be so grateful for them rather than focus on what feels bad, even though those things are present in varying degrees. 

Rodolfo, I just adore your great attitude about this journey, in and of itself.  Even though you’re making your way through difficult wd symptoms.  You’re right, we do need to be happy and proud of ourselves for embarking on this magnanimous journey “every day closer to our goal”!  When I start to hear the whispers of hopelessness and defeat, I quickly remind myself that THIS ALONE (Benzo WD) is a big job and I’m doing it!  We all are.  And we must remember that we are warriors for getting up over and over to face it.  One day, the battle will be over and we will be the victors! 

Positive Progress -

I’m a little over two weeks away from tapering off my updose of .125mg K, which I held for a month prior to beginning taper (my CT happened on Feb 2nd).  Then, I will be tapering my baseline dose of 1mg.  It has taken me months to get to this place and as I near my baseline dose, I get more excited for the opportunity to be free of this poison; it becomes more visible and clear.  I thought I was doomed and never going to be able to handle tapering.  Wrong!  Although it’s been packed with challenges, I’m feeling more confident and thankful for this opportunity.  I’ve been on this drug since I was a teenager (24 years) and have spent my adult life wanting to be free, I just didn’t know how and doubted it possible with my docs telling me I needed to be on it for life.  I started at micro-tapering .001mg/day and am now at .003mg/day with only fatigue, some depression and twitches flaring back up (not bad at all). 

I’ve had three wonderful windows, the last was 10 days, where I was able to get out of the house and take 1-3 mile walks, go to sit at the beach by myself and even go into some shops.  I’m in a little bit of a wave now with the biggest symptom being fatigue, both mental and physical, and some other annoying sxs but I’m seeing progress over all.  My menstrual cycle has come back, after 4-5 months of not having one - big positive sign of healing as I taper!  I no longer experience morning panic or surges and am able to remain calm more consistently.  Agoraphobia doesn’t have such a firm grip on me anymore.  I’m experiencing days where I feel a greater range of emotions, including positive emotions.  Also, feeling inspired some days for future projects even if I’m not able to do them right now.  Oh, and I drive myself to and from therapy! 

I began my taper with the mindset that it will only get worse through this journey, but I’m so happy I was wrong.  During my taper, thus far, I have experienced many positives.  I’m so grateful!!  And something I wrote about in my gratitude journal about today is all of you.  It’s such a blessing to make new friends along the way.  I felt so incredibly afraid, alone and isolated before.  I’ve met so many great people here on BB and have also connected with a few people outside of this forum. 

Love to all of you!  Including the silent readers, as begood would say  :)

Hi guys,

Uni, that is a really positive post. Well all of Them are..!!

Aside from menstrual cycle... -the way you describe your healing,  certainly brings back memories from my holds after my  initial big cuts..

It's really great to hear positivity from the books you are reading. It's probably something I should do more of..

It came to mind, that there is a thread on here where some of the science guys are really picking  through the nitty-gritty. It has had a profound impact on my whole taper,  and philosophy. It is not so much  The actual science, which is a little/lot out of my league, but the dots are connecting  while I read,  and follow through the links, if that makes sense. 

Something that stood out was how my body has been telling me what I needed to eat and even do.

I think it is very important to have confidence in ourselves, and our own taper, whatever that may be.

Today is a great day, and I'm going to feel great, -all day..!!

In fact I actually do think I am starting to see the last of this wave...  I feel quite fresh and slightly energised. I wish I could pass a slice on to everyone.

You're all a great bunch of guys, and I can only see the best for you all..

Be well..

:)

Hi Positivity Friends :smitten:

I do keep a gratitude journal, since beginning the book.  It has you do a list of 10 things you’re grateful for per day and why.  And it incorporates a daily gratitude practice to focus on, as well.  A couple of days I was unable to write my gratitudes because of mental and physical fatigue, so I picked up where I left off and instead kept thinking about what I’m grateful for each day.  I’ve found it’s much more effective when actually writing and speaking them.  It took me two hours today, needed to take breaks haha.  There’s a chapter in it about turning negatives into positives, which I’m on today - it’s been helping so much, as I’m having a wave of depression.  I might stay on this chapter until it shifts. I haven’t read Eckhart’s books yet, but did a course he offered online a couple years ago and have watched so many of his videos.  Amazing!! 

❤️ PS - It’s the heart of the collective  ;)

Hey all Positive Buddies!! Just love this post  :smitten:

Uni!! What a great focus!! Funny you should mention turning a negative into a positive! I did just that only yesterday. For me, authentic (positive) intention is vitally important to practice.  I (thought) I lost a very valuable Longines watch which holds much more sentimental value than $$$ value by a country mile!! When I realized it was most likely lost, I decided I was not going to concern myself. I knew somehow whatever would be, would just be. So instead of stressing and worrying (that's such a waste of valuable energy), I sent a wish to the person who found it that they would get the same joy out of the watch it gave me. I truly meant it. And my wish came true! Within a few minutes of this thought, my husband sent me a photo; he had found the watch in a place I would never have found it (in fact I've no idea how it got there!). He and I share the same sense for the watch's true value. He said he felt compelled to look in the most unlikely place, to the point he almost didn't bother, but he did and there it was!! 

The mind is so amazingly powerful!! It's so easy to underestimate it's power. I truly feel what we focus on, and hold in our hearts is incredibly important; not just to help heal from benzos, but help us grow as human beings, become more consciously aware of all the beauty in the world. Way too much focus on the negatives.

I love the way you decided to keep going regardless, picking up from where you left off and instead kept thinking about what you were grateful for! Also not giving into the wave of the "D" word. Even the D word has it's positive value if turned around  :thumbsup:  ;):thumbsup:  :smitten: Harmonee ❤️ I just love "the heart of the collective!" ❤️ I've added that one to my list  ;)

What a cool journal idea! I've been looking for ways to make my daily journal entries a bit more purposeful. I think I will try this. Thanks!

Gwinna

I wanna join!

What we focus on grows so I want to focus on the positive aspects of this whole thing.

My memory is sharp again! that's a great thing that i thought was lost in the fog or the years  :laugh:

And there is some kind of maturing that I can feel as I/we? traverse this territory....  I mean all this suffering is not for naught -- couldn't be --  or could but then that's a waste --.  The first noble truth of Buddhism is that life is suffering: And that's good news!

If that's the way it is, we might as well celebrate it all when we can.

Whoa I'm having a much better day today than yesterday -- I'm sure that's why I found this group -- today!

SS

I wanna join!

What we focus on grows so I want to focus on the positive aspects of this whole thing.

My memory is sharp again! that's a great thing that i thought was lost in the fog or the years  :laugh:

And there is some kind of maturing that I can feel as I/we? traverse this territory....  I mean all this suffering is not for naught -- couldn't be --  or could but then that's a waste --.  The first noble truth of Buddhism is that life is suffering: And that's good news!

If that's the way it is, we might as well celebrate it all when we can.

Whoa I'm having a much better day today than yesterday -- I'm sure that's why I found this group -- today!

SS

Hi SS!! Great to see you here!! Oh before I forget, here's Uni's "collective heart" as a welcome ❤️❤️❤️ (thought I'd throw a couple more in for good measure!  :laugh:  :smitten: Harmonee

[82...]
I used my monthly Audible credit on Learning to Love Yourself and I really like a lot of the author's ideas. So thank you for the recommendation!