Positive Feedback Please - Who felt improvements as they tapered?

[Un...]

Buck, what a great post, I may well relate to many here..!

Sorry it has been a long road for you though.. -a new life awaits..!!

:)

Good 'Well its morning here anyway'' CF  :laugh:  :hug: What's the time in Oz?

Love Nova xxx :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [no...]

• [Un...]

• [Ma...]

• [Ha...]

Good 'Well its morning here anyway'' CF  :laugh:  :hug: What's the time in Oz?

Umm.. -That was an "IT" (may relate to others..)

Though I would hope "I" works too..!!

Well right now its just past 7pm...

Hope things keep going your way Nova, Step by step... Ever forwards..

thanks so much for the encouragement, cantfly! i can't wait to be free again!

Hi Guys..

Some of you know I been starting to ride dirt bikes again.. It has been a bit rough on me and spiked up my SX a bit, as expected... I do try and take it pretty casual, and I noticed today that everything flowed much better, eye sight and coordination, ballance... Not sure about stamina and strength, probs too early and I have had the flu...

But this is huge for me as there is no way this can be written off as a lucky "good" day (though it certainaly wasnt a bad one)... It is a long way from months in bed, often too weak to even reach over for my morning dose that would make me feel a bit better, or get a drink of water...

So yes, still improving, but taper speed is important for me...

I would say low dose is a big factor, but im not sure thats true given actual SX, but it does help..

So yeah, am pretty happy today... -Its been quite a week...

Hope everyone is doing well..?

Nova I hope that dose change is helping...

I'm doing okay. My physical symptoms have become more severe, but the mental/emotional stuff has let up some. Just sort of gritting my teeth during the home stretch - if I'm able to stay on schedule, I'll finish my taper mid-August.

Gwinna

Hi Guys..

Some of you know I been starting to ride dirt bikes again.. It has been a bit rough on me and spiked up my SX a bit, as expected... I do try and take it pretty casual, and I noticed today that everything flowed much better, eye sight and coordination, ballance... Not sure about stamina and strength, probs too early and I have had the flu...

But this is huge for me as there is no way this can be written off as a lucky "good" day (though it certainaly wasnt a bad one)... It is a long way from months in bed, often too weak to even reach over for my morning dose that would make me feel a bit better, or get a drink of water...

I would say low dose is a big factor, but im not sure thats true given actual SX, but it does help..

Might Cantfly, but can ride a dirt bike 🚴, good for you.  That has to feel freeing after all this, so happy 😁 for u, Cantfly.

Thanks Mary..

The nic actually stems from the riding "incident" 9 yrs ago... -nearly full circle perhaps..!!

Hope you are well..

Hi Guys..

Hi CF  :hug:  excellent dude !!  :socool: You must be healing more than is apparent  ;D I can't handle vibration at all  :D I can't even use a sweeping brush as the vibration traveling up the hand is agony, the same with my roller blinds when I open and close them  :D So now I leave them open , I am sssooo pleased for you mate :mybuddy: I will be stealing a Harley as soon as I can handle vibration  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hi everyone, when I joined BB, I was at 2.50mg of Valium, and I had been doing .25mg cuts from a higher dose, but as time went by, I realized that the hit afterwards was not doing it for me. It stood against all that I had decided to do, a slow taper and long holds. At that time I was holding for 2months post cut. So I was lucky to be able to do the liquid taper the second time I tried it, and it has worked well for me. I now taper for 10days a a total of 5% or so, may need to look at that, because the lower we go the higher the %. Anyway 10 day taper, then one month hold, so far it is working well for me. I am improved from the time I was cutting the larger amt, less sx and now when they come they are like blips they come and they go pretty fast. Having gone through two previous tapers too fast and too big cuts, this is a walk in the park. I just do each day and am grateful for the good times that far outweigh the so-so times. I am one seeing improvement as I go down in dosage, I do not know how it will continue, but I will face that when and if I need. I can only do one day at a time, and my goal is still to walk off one day and be Valium free.

A shout out to My [glow=red,2,300]"Sista".[/glow] and Cant, two Friends that have been here for me always. the best part of this tapering business to find wonderful Friends. 💖 Peace and Healing to All. :smitten: 

Hi Guys..

Hi CF  :hug:  excellent dude !!  :socool: You must be healing more than is apparent  ;D I can't handle vibration at all  :D I can't even use a sweeping brush as the vibration traveling up the hand is agony, the same with my roller blinds when I open and close them  :D So now I leave them open , I am sssooo pleased for you mate :mybuddy: I will be stealing a Harley as soon as I can handle vibration  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hey Nova,

Your right -it is more than apparent...  It is still very hard to get started, as fun as it is... There are a murid of physical and mental blocks that hold me back..

At first I noticed I could function in a crisis if I had to, but paid dearly...

Then if I gave something a go on my better days I either could or couldnt continue, so I kept tayloring things to suit as best I could in a practical way...  (Riding is stretching it, and I will pay a bit..)

I could never in my life just do exercise or walk for the sake of it alone... Better to split fire wood or pull weeds out, type thing..

I guess I kinda knew when I could attempt to start doing more, but it wasnt clear and comes as a surprise compared to how I feel prior to an attempt...

Sadly there are other aspects, I still dont get the enjoyment I should at all, But I am proud of the acheivment, -or know I should be at least... Probably the best thing is the hope it gives...

Maybe a new Electric Harley would suit..?? -better than a new washing machine..!!

Oops..

Hang in there Nova, Your day will come too..

Hi everyone, when I joined BB, I was at 2.50mg of Valium, and I had been doing .25mg cuts from a higher dose, but as time went by, I realized that the hit afterwards was not doing it for me. It stood against all that I had decided to do, a slow taper and long holds. At that time I was holding for 2months post cut. So I was lucky to be able to do the liquid taper the second time I tried it, and it has worked well for me. I now taper for 10days a a total of 5% or so, may need to look at that, because the lower we go the higher the %. Anyway 10 day taper, then one month hold, so far it is working well for me. I am improved from the time I was cutting the larger amt, less sx and now when they come they are like blips they come and they go pretty fast. Having gone through two previous tapers too fast and too big cuts, this is a walk in the park. I just do each day and am grateful for the good times that far outweigh the so-so times. I am one seeing improvement as I go down in dosage, I do not know how it will continue, but I will face that when and if I need. I can only do one day at a time, and my goal is still to walk off one day and be Valium free.

A shout out to My [glow=red,2,300]"Sista".[/glow] and Cant, two Friends that have been here for me always. the best part of this tapering business to find wonderful Friends. 💖 Peace and Healing to All. :smitten:

A Big Hug, -I mean Hi Back to you BG.. -Oh -Hugs too..!!

Such a steadfast taper you are doing... -No small thing finding your way and maintaining it... Your support and guidance, not to mention friendship, is invaluable...

A Big Hug, -I mean Hi Back to you BG.. -Oh -Hugs too..!!

Such a steadfast taper you are doing... -No small thing finding your way and maintaining it... Your support and guidance, not to mention friendship, is invaluable...

Oh Cant I will take the Huggie, you have made this Journey easier also, so glad you joined BB, you are such an asset, you give such good advice and support to buddies, keep up the good work. I know that one day you will be healed and will have a wealth of knowledge and always Cant, you will always have Compassion and a zest for Life, "Coming back to Life" has taken time, but look at how far you have come. I am so proud to call you Friend.💖 :smitten:

Hi BG, so glad you posted here and shared such inspiration  :smitten:  So happy for you that this taper is going so well for you and your sxs have lessened as you’ve gone down.  Thank you so much for contributing to the positives!  Or as Harmonee would say the ++++ group, which I love ❤️

Cant, that’s great you noticed improvements while riding your bike 🏍  And so great you can ride! You’re well on your way and it’s so awesome to be able to walk beside you in your journey. 

Nova, glad you got some sleeeeep!  Hallelujah!!  Hope you keep seeing improvements, and the lower dose treats you well. 

Gwinna, that’s gotta be so exciting knowing you’re near the finish line to. Being benzo free, sooo happy for you.  We shall celebrate!  I’m so glad to read your mental issues are less, that’s awesome!! 

I’m really appreciative for all of you.  Thank you for sharing your positives here.  This group has become a lifeline for me, and it is my hope it is helping many others out there to see that things can get better as you get lower in dose and further along in tapering. 

Even though I’m in a wave of heightened mental stuff (which could very well lessen at any moment!), I’m sleeping really well as I taper.  For that I’m truly grateful.  It’s a positive! 

Hi ''Sista''  :hug:  thanks for coming and posting some inspirational words to encourage for others on this thread :) Bless your big kind heart  💖

Hi all  :hug: the last 2 nights I took the lower of my daily dose at bedtime and slept better both nights I been suffering insomnia for weeks!!  Apart having to get up to wee and was able to go back to sleep, and I am going to continue this way  over the next few nights to see if its just I'm so exhausted I passed out and slept slept and its coincidence. Plus the last 2 night's the noisy neighbors have quietened right down since I spoke to them on Monday Or if its I'm actually having a paradoxical reaction to the Diazepam and that's whats keeping me awake. 

And I want to share with you that  I also remembered yesterday  that when I got down to 3.45mg before I had to up-dose to  10mg to physically enable me to to move  from the neighbor from hell, my sleep WAS better at the lower dose but I did get very occasional bad nights  but they passed in a few days or a week, but I had gone from zero sleep for a LONG time at the higher dose I'd go weeks at a time with no sleep totally exhausted  so it was a big step up.

Also my my Toxic sleep which I have now and had for many year's before I got lower down in dose not knowing what it was stopped completely I was able to take a nap in the day and wake up without feeling like hell, and still sleep at night. I could handle stress better, I felt reconnected to my spirit again which gave me back the ability to rise above the worst symptoms with total acceptance and feel more at peace, and my anxiety stop I now have it again.

And although I was symptomatic I could cope with stress normally I mean symptoms or not my stress coping ability returned to what it was when I was pre-benzo I could deal with what life threw up and not go into a hopeless panicking melt down or a huge increase in symptoms like I do now at practically nothing and everything.  Normally I'm a deal with it then forget about it and carry on with the day type of person, as easy as  water off a ducks back but not now.

They may have  been other symptoms that improved I can't remember as I said it only came back to me yesterday but I know partial windows came more often as well. So yes you CAN have improvements as you get lower I just hope I get that lucky this time around too as I got symptoms I didn't have or were not as bad before having to up-dose by force not choice and my new GP is a mean S.OB who won't allow me to taper at my rate like my old Doctors.

A nd I have to get my prescription every week not once a month by delivery as I can't go collect it, as I have done for many many year's  did but I'm trying not to let that get to me too much easier said than done as its stressful . But hopefully I will still get relief this time around as I get lower . The fact that taking my smaller dose as my last dose in the evening as actually given me sleep has put some more hope into the picture so I'm going to see if I still sleep better the next few nights at the lower dose to see if its thanks to the lower dose or if its just a fluke.

Hi  :hug: everyone well  I now believe that taking a lower dose at night is what's helping me sleep, and I will tell you why. Yesterday my downstairs neighbour mistakenly thought I had reported him WRONG!! Its not me its the woman next door, she reports everyone she's just on of those people  ::) but we have the same christian name, the sewer pipe out the back was leaking and it had leaked into his bathroom so as you can imagine he was mighty pissed off. So I knocked to give my sympathy and before I'd said 4 words he began shouting at me like a freaking maniac!!  :idiot: screaming about I keep reporting him for F.A and all sorts of other stuff it was that loud they must have heard it in China.

I nearly had heart failure with the shock and instant panic set in but I stood my ground  quietly trying to calm him down and reason with him but it was too no avail. Well that put me right in even worse hell my friend across the road was worried as I was bright red and getting redder by the second as if I had severe sunburn I feel like I have most of the time anyway all over shaking and in even worse agony as you can imagine. I get like WITHOUT anyone shouting, anyway it really upset me and I was convinced I was now yet again in for another prolonged period of insomnia thanks to him >:(

But to my surprise I actually slept last night although I was still in a state, I kept waking up frequently because of the state i was n but was able to go back to sleep each time, which without all the upset I couldn't do previously. Here is the other thing, at the higher dose Diazepam never sedated me at all, I may as  well been swallowing chalk, but over the last few days since lowering the PM dose change I feel sedated/ tired when I take my afternoon dose.

That's exactly what happened when I got much lower before I had to up dose to move, the lower I got the more sedation I felt, and had to fight to keep my eyes open in the afternoon, so it its possibly having a paradoxical effect on my sleep. And today I thought I was going to be bedridden for weeks or months AGAIN  >:( in  super agony and hell panic attacks but I don't feel much worse than my usual crappy self except the waves of anxiety are more regular again today which is no surprise at all. The experiment continues, and I'm thinking about making another cut a bit earlier from my AM dose than planned but I want to see how I go before I push it over the next few days or the week end at least in case I have delayed fall out from yesterday to come first . Prevention is better than cure ;D

Hello!

A positive decision has been leaving behind the benzo poison! Even if  I am struggling and suffering a lot in my taper, my great joy is that in a matter of few months I will be off of this drug...after 40 years.

Little by little my mind is clearer. More morning windows...

My brain is learning again on what is the normal and natural sleeping process. Now my dreams are vivid and very emotional...

That's the positive side of my recovery!!

I like this thread...

Aren't dreams interesting?? For a long time I didn't remember them. Now I can finally remember them and they aren't always nightmares. I am agoraphobic in my dreams like I am in my waking life! My dreams are emotional too.

Yes, I’m following too! I need the positivity especially in his teary eyes anxiety filled day. I’m so fearful of what I have become and not being able to get better. It is so hard but so good to hear prosit r support. Bless you all and wishing you a pleasant weekend ❤️

Bella

Yes, I’m following too! I need the positivity especially in his teary eyes anxiety filled day. I’m so fearful of what I have become and not being able to get better. It is so hard but so good to hear prosit r support. Bless you all and wishing you a pleasant weekend ❤️

Bella

Same reason I am here. This thread is  wonderful. I am having a horrible week but I am feeling grateful for small improvements in withdrawal.

I used to be terrified to shower. That symptom started when I first went on benzos. It has finally lifted and I can finally enjoy a shower now. I can remember my dreams...I don't feel as emotionally blunted. I still have far to go but these little things feel like a luxury to me.

My goal is to tackle this agoraphobia little by little - oh to go for a long walk again with the sun on my face!

I am having a horrible week but I am feeling grateful for small improvements in withdrawal.

My goal is to tackle this agoraphobia little by little - oh to go for a long walk again with the sun on my face!

I love Uni's gratitude list! You have already come up with a few beauties!! Love the walk in the sunshine. Focus on that as long as you can  :smitten: Harmonee

Hi everyone  :hug: I am somewhat rough  :D But am posting this  quote as I just came across it on another thread we need all the hope we can get  :)

Dolphinator78

Buddie

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Re: Sudden peace after 8 months struggling with taper every single day. Normal?

« Reply #6 on: 20 July 2018, 03:11:15 »

It could be just a window, which is still great! ''' However, I have seen a few cases of people who had awful tapers, and once they tapered below a certain dose, their body suddenly stabilized and they had few, if any, symptoms the rest of their taper.''' I sincerely hope this is the case for you!

:thumbsup:

Hi all  :hug: I am pleased to report that as awful as I felt I forced myself to go sit in my sisters garden with her today, and  I am so glad I did, I had a good 2.1/2 hours where my symptoms died down , and I mean the exactly  same symptoms that  had me laying down all day yesterday. I felt better physically and mentally it was a great lift.  And I also cut again today so fingers and rude bits crossed  ;D  Like someone else said in a success story I read  ''I  got so hung up on healing that I forgot  everything outside of it'' .

I get what they meant to at least try to do the bits between that equate with some form of normal life  style we'd have if we weren't on this path right now, and not let the fear of the symptoms or the symptoms revving up hold you prisoner. Sometimes even with the best will in the world all you can do is lay down and keep breathing, but other times when your still hurting terribly if your able to move then at least try no matter how big or small a task. Even if its changing the toilet roll and throwing the cardboard piece out  out, or picking up one item off the floor, wiping a top down whatever. Something is always a giant leap forward form laying down in agony unable to do anything at all, nothing is ever a small thing in those situations, its huge in my eyes  :thumbsup:

Hi all  :hug: I am pleased to report that as awful as I felt I forced myself to go sit in my sisters garden with her today, and  I am so glad I did, I had a good 2.1/2 hours where my symptoms died down , and I mean the exactly  same symptoms that  had me laying down all day yesterday. I felt better physically and mentally it was a great lift.  And I also cut again today so fingers and rude bits crossed  ;D  Like someone else said in a success story I read  ''I  got so hung up on healing that I forgot  everything outside of it'' .

I get what they meant to at least try to do the bits between that equate with some form of normal life  style we'd have if we weren't on this path right now, and not let the fear of the symptoms or the symptoms revving up hold you prisoner. Sometimes even with the best will in the world all you can do is lay down and keep breathing, but other times when your still hurting terribly if your able to move then at least try no matter how big or small a task. Even if its changing the toilet roll and throwing the cardboard piece out  out, or picking up one item off the floor, wiping a top down whatever. Something is always a giant leap forward form laying down in agony unable to do anything at all, nothing is ever a small thing in those situations, its huge in my eyes  :thumbsup:

Such a great post.. Oh so relatable..!!

-"Even if its just...***"

Way to go Nova.. and best wishes with the reduction...

Such a great post.. Oh so relatable..!!

-"Even if its just...***"

Way to go Nova.. and best wishes with the reduction...

I so believe that Nova.....thank you for posting it, I need to hear it more often :smitten

Hey Can't, one of my most favorite turtles  ;). Wishing you both a good day.... :D