Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Positive Feedback Please - Who felt improvements as they tapered?

[Un...]

Grace5 and cowgirl ur doing amazing! I wish I had tapered from temaze instead I got swapped to zopiclone. Horrendous. U are doing so well! U will get there  :smitten::thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [no...]

• [Un...]

• [Ma...]

• [Ha...]

hi unicorn..  the first attempt to taper was a major fail.  i didnt realize just how slow i was going to have to do this.  im reducing the smallest amount now.  i honestly do not feel "off" at all.  i plan to taper right down to zero and only reduce when there are no symptoms. some do it quicker but i prefer slow without all the insane symptoms.  i did feel this was going to be a nighmare after the first attempt, but feeling optimistic now. going very slowly with reducing has shown me i can heal my brain as i taper.  so for your post, yes i do feel much better now while im slowly micro tapering.  <3  you can message me if you have any questions.  =)  jill

I've been tapering for 5 years and after many mistakes, I can say that the last 5 mgs have been relativity SX free. I did hit a speed bump at 1 mg but a long hold took care of it. I agree with the statement to go as slow as possible and hold when you have to.

Bump. I only have 27 more days until I am finished with my taper and I jump to seeing Lorazepam in the rear view mirror. I can't believe it's almost over. I know that the symptoms can persist after the jump but I am expecting to feel better each and every day. A girl can hope anyway. I had a day a couple of days ago where the whole world looked so beautiful. I can't put my finger on why. I just felt mellow and things appeared friendly and peaceful, if that makes any sense. So hard to describe. Almost like a chidhood day with no problems and no worries.  I am proud of myself for what I am doing and am very determined to move forward. I have no intention of ever going back to living under a rock again in a Benzo haze.

Super Senior - I'm getting close to the end with lorazepam, too, although I've had to do this last mg very slowly due to severe heart palpitations that have eased up with a hold. It's awesome you're virtually done!

Bump. I only have 27 more days until I am finished with my taper and I jump to seeing Lorazepam in the rear view mirror. I can't believe it's almost over. I know that the symptoms can persist after the jump but I am expecting to feel better each and every day. A girl can hope anyway. I had a day a couple of days ago where the whole world looked so beautiful. I can't put my finger on why. I just felt mellow and things appeared friendly and peaceful, if that makes any sense. So hard to describe. Almost like a chidhood day with no problems and no worries.  I am proud of myself for what I am doing and am very determined to move forward. I have no intention of ever going back to living under a rock again in a Benzo haze.

That's a proper  window, a beautiful, beautiful window  ;D

Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Awareness!

They say it is only when you wake up that you realize you had been sleeping.

Zombied for so many years, it's great to starting living again!

Life is short and every day is wonderful now. I've had no real withdrawal, apart from feeling a little nervous at times.

The last time I did it, many years ago, I had horrendous withdrawals but now I am 55 and can handle all the little ones. Strangely, not shakes at all, but been off the alcohol for 20 years.

I agree with the statement to go as slow as possible and hold when you have to.

I say go as fast as possible and hold back when it's too much.

No point in suffering too long.

Awareness!

They say it is only when you wake up that you realize you had been sleeping.

Zombied for so many years, it's great to starting living again!

Life is short and every day is wonderful now. I've had no real withdrawal, apart from feeling a little nervous at times.

The last time I did it, many years ago, I had horrendous withdrawals but now I am 55 and can handle all the little ones. Strangely, not shakes at all, but been off the alcohol for 20 years.

Wow!!! You got lucky its been the other way around for most peole that have been back in the ring again or reinstated or up dosed a few times, first time around may have been hell but next time around is super hell!! That's what's happened to me but mine was by force not by choice I'd like to add.

Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

I say try to find a balance in the middle. It's OK if it's a little too much and probably if it's moderately too much but going much too fast can create a huge problem. If you taper so fast that you experience severe withdrawal symptoms, it can take a few months to fully recover. We see it all the time here. People have definitely ended up taking longer because they tried to go too fast. I am one.

I doubt that what was meant is literally to go as slow as possible, because that would be absurd. I am pretty sure he's saying to err on the side of caution, which is great advice.

I say try to find a balance in the middle. It's OK if it's a little too much and probably if it's moderately too much but going much too fast can create a huge problem. If you taper so fast that you experience severe withdrawal symptoms, it can take a few months to fully recover. We see it all the time here. People have definitely ended up taking longer because they tried to go too fast. I am one.

I doubt that what was meant is literally to go as slow as possible, because that would be absurd. I am pretty sure he's saying to err on the side of caution, which is great advice.

:thumbsup:

One thing I've noticed in this taper is that unlike my previous one, there has been absolutely NO muscle pain, depersonalization. I had really sore neck shoulders the last taper and none this time, despite being 20 years older. The only thing I am doing differently is running every day.

Also, NO shakes, unlike the last time.

*BUMP*

Massive gratitude to all of you who have posted Positive feedback so far, this thread is desperately needed to keep hope alive as so many of us feel hopeless, and worn out with trying to survive please keep contributing people, you really don't know how much good so few of you are  doing for so many.

This thread is just as important as success stories as your posts tell of success too as you get lower down in dose and that's huge don't under estimate how much good you do even if its just one or two lines your giving hope, life  and fight back to unlimited people 

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

*BUMP*

Massive gratitude to all of you who have posted Positive feedback so far, this thread is desperately needed to keep hope alive as so many of us feel hopeless, and worn out with trying to survive please keep contributing people, you really don't know how much good so few of you are  doing for so many.

This thread is just as important as success stories as your posts tell of success too as you get lower down in dose and that's huge don't under estimate how much good you do even if its just one or two lines your giving hope, life  and fight back to unlimited people 

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

I'm new to this thread but want to add my experience.  I tapered over 6.5 months and I definitely had healing as I went along.  Around the halfway mark, the muscle pain and anxiety started to improve as did the tinnitus.  By the time I finished my taper, insomnia and some minor remaining anxiety were pretty much the only issues I had and those are improving all the time.

I'm three plus months off now and just about every aspect of my life and health are better.  I still have problems, shortcomings, the occasional off day, aging, aches and pains, etc. but I know now that none of that has a thing to do with benzos.

• 4 months later...
Nice to see this bumped up again. I'll add a few things. I'm currently on a long hold and it has been frustrating but I can still share some positive things. The areas that I have improved are that I don't have the early am panic attacks every day like I used to. I think the Xanax was causing that. I also don't seem to have as much interdose withdrawal now that my dose is lower. I also have more motivation to exercise which has been helpful.

I was thinking about this yesterday....  sometimes it is hard to quantify progress.  Because my brain wants to forget how hard this whole journey pre and post taper has been.   

Dizziness and vertigo episodes are definitely getting less severe and farther apart.  I used to have episodes where I would lose my balance and have to sit in the floor and my eyes would actually jerk back and forth.  That was back in the full-on Clonazepam days during tolerance withdrawal.  Now I have about half of my days where dizziness is not an issue.... my remaining dizziness is mostly the floaty boaty kind.  Worse after a cut.

Here's another one!  I'm not suicidal anymore either.  That was a steady theme before my taper as well.  It started to back off about halfway through the clonazepam taper.    Now I have bouts of sadness that are probably normal. 

Air hunger is improving for sure...... again it gets more intense up to three weeks after a cut.  But it was a full-on symptom last spring.  Just remembering to breathe was a full-on job and now it is only occasional.

I have a ways to go but I am jumping in April if all goes well enough.  I can see progress if I think hard enough about how hard its been. 

I have been going slow and it is so much better for me.I wish I could get more motivation to do things but Thank God for the times I can and the times I feel more like myself.

From 15 mg Fluorazepam + 5.625 mg Zopiclone + 0.5-2.0mg Lormetazepam

To

15 mg Fluorazepam + 5.625 Zopiclone

I advise against C/T like I did with Lormetazepam, anyway I can say: I'm sleeping less but it seems to me I've gained something in quality.

• 1 month later...