Under .125 Klonopin Club

[Wo...]

Thanks for the kind words, Bob. And I really appreciate you sharing that encouraging post. I read through the first page and look forward to reading more tonight. Keep healing, everyone! :smitten:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [...]

• [Gr...]

• [Kr...]

• [Wo...]

Top Posters In This Topic

This is day 6 of my taper of 0.001 mg per day of Klonopin.

While my symptoms are not terrible, they seem to be slowly coming back.

I cannot believe such a small change can increase my symptoms but, over the last few days, I have lower back pain, chest is funny (not pain yet, just the burping and fuzzy feeling) and some anxiety.  Also, my blood pressure is creeping back up. 

After my long 8 week hold at 0.125mg, I had a great window of all symptoms and my blood pressure was down.  Was it the long hold or the Buspar I was trying?

If my blood pressure continues to creep up, I may try the Buspar again.  If it reduces anxiety, then blood pressure would lower.

Bob, it's such an experiment trying to figure out what is causing and/or relieving symptoms...trying to find patterns to make sense of it all. I envy people who can figure out what works.  Everything you said is highly possible.  It could be that the small daily reductions are causing the symptoms.  So you've cut a total of .006mg now in 6 days, correct?  In January I started making the smallest reduction possible that my dry-cut taper would allow (.003mg) and holding for two weeks with each cut.  So in comparing your rate of reduction of .006mg over 6 days to what I did, this reduction in dosage that you have done in 6 days would have taken me 4 weeks.  It seems like you might be going too fast and could possibly benefit from holding even smaller cuts for longer periods of time.  Just thinking out loud.  Who really knows.  It sounds like if you try the Buspar again and notice that your symptoms decrease you might have your answer.  Good luck to you.  This is such confusing process.  I wish it was easier for all of us.

Hi Bob sorry to hear symptoms are coming back. The lower I go the more sensitive my CNS is. I’ve been holding at .0337 down from .037 for almost a month now and am starting to stabilize. I’d say maybe take it slow and hold here for a bit. What do you think?

HI everyone!

Thank you Wonderwoman23 for starting this thread. How did you go down from 0.06 to 0.03?

Newbie here  :smitten: and I am loving all the support and REAL talk here!!!

I need to set up my signature, but here's a little history : I am now taking 0.0625mg per night. 2 years ago, I developed an anxiety disorder, and was prescribed 2mg clonazepam - 1mg @am and 1mg @pm. Long story short I have been tapering off for a while now, as slowly as possible, with the "help" of a psychiatrist. Every time I get past the withdraawal symptoms, it is SUCH a relief to see how much I can get done!!! The mental fog was and still is what bothers me the most, I feel like a zombie. My mother has more energy than me, I feel like an idiot most of the time. Withdrawal was always horrendous, and I only recently accepted that my gut issues are probably also linked to benzo wothdrawal... and the gut issues are probably causing the brain fog...

My psychiatrist tried to get me to take 0.0625 one night and go off the next. It was a nightmare. The emotional and mental seesaw was terrible. Nope, not for me. Bad idea. Stupid, stupid, stupid  >:( >:(>:(

She also recommended that I use the liquid lorazepam until she realized that I was at such a low dose of clonazepam, that that wouldn't work (in terms of equivalency). At this point she thinks that I should go on Xanax to cope with the withdrawal symptoms of jumping off from 0.0625. What do you think? My gut says no. Once I get past the withdrawal symptoms (major panic attacks, some fainting, depressive thoughts... feels like a monster has infiltrated my brain), I feel fine! She has been pretty pushy, even suggested that I up my dose whenever I have a panic attack - which I haven't... and I have felt so strong and empowered because I haven't!!!

Right now, I wonder if I should find another psychiatrist, do the liquid titration on my own (can you help with that? )  :smitten:

JUST admitted to myself that brain fog may be due to clonazepam, and not just me being lazy, growing a brain tumor, or having gut issues that are tied to bad habits (I eat really healthy - ayurvedic diet).

I feel like I don't have my husband's support, who says I should just come off of the clonazepam already... My therapist says that many of her clients come off a higher dose in 5 days at the hospital, and my psychiatrist wants me to take Xanax. This is why I am happy to have found you guys because I feel VERY LONELY. Please please please tell me that I am not just making all of this up.

Also, I have noticed that when I feel like my anxiety is back, the dose I am taking is too low. But when I feel fine, working on my (failing, for now) business and working out etc... I have this brain fog which is slowing me down. Anyone else?  :o

Hi KristinM and Wonderwomen23,

Thank you both for supporting me with your responses.  It is so nice to be listened to.

It is tempting to hold but in the hope of learning something new, I think I will try the Buspar.

I know many people think Buspar is useless but I think they were in deep withdrawal and expected too much from the Buspar.  My doctor indicated it is not a cure, just a means of coping.

My withdrawal is just tolerable.  If I can use Buspar to make it more tolerable, maybe I can ride this taper all the way to zero.

I will keep you all informed - hopefully I can learn something to benefit us all.

nicoco,

You are not alone.  You are on the right path. 

In general, taper slow.  When your symptoms get too bad, hold for weeks or months until they get better.  Then taper again.

We can certainly help you with the taper you asked about.  I assume you have a 0.25mg Klonopin and are cutting into fourths to get to your 0.0625mg?

If you want to measure smaller mg, you can buy a gram scale.  Here is a link to a good one:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B011J88S8M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

As you get down to real small doses, the gram scale becomes less reliable.  At that point you need to mix with liquid or dry ingredients. 

I use dry powder but you specifically asked about liquid so here is a liquid example:

(1) Dissolve your 0.25mg tablet in 2 mL of Vodka.

(2) Add 100 mL of water.

(3) You now have a solution - Each mL has 0.0025 mg of Klonopin.

(4) When you want to take your dose, divide you dose by 0.0025 to get how many milliliters you must drink.  For you current dose:

0.0625/0.0025 = Drink 25 mL

HI!

Bob7 - thank you for your response - I really do believe in tapering slowly, thank you for your kind words that mean SO much right now!

I have a 0.125mg tablet I am cutting in half, but it is a disintegrating tablet so pretty crumbly.

I am so relieved that there are scales that are affordable on amazon! I was finding scales at more than $1000, haha! THANK YOU for the link.

Is it normal to have such a hard time tapering down at such a small dose? Apparently I am taking a "subclinical" dose, but when I try to taper off this last bout, I feel like I have withdrawal symptoms, and that it's not just my anxiety coming back.

Bob7, I just bought the scale... how hard is it getting the measurement right? Should I buy the little spoon? What do you do, step by step?

Hi nicoco,

No need to buy the little spoon although if you decide to crush several tablets and weigh powder, then the spoon is nice to scoop into the tray (the scale comes with 3 little trays).  You can even buy empty gel capsules and prefill your pills (for traveling or whatever).  Here is a link https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E40DJ82/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

One of the most common surprises with any scale is this.  While your pill dose is 0.125mg (which is 0.000125 grams), your pill actually weighs much more, like 170 mg (0.17 grams).

Do you understand the difference between your dose of 0.125 mg and the pill's actual weight?

I mention this so you can understand when you cut your pill you are weighing the pill and need to do a conversion to get your dose milligrams.  If this is confusing, do not worry, I can help you.

When you get you scale, weigh 10 of your pills. Take that weight and divide by 10 to get your average per pill weight.  Let us call that P (it might be around 0.17 grams).

Then, when you want to measure out a new dose, your target to measure in grams will be = (dose desired) times P divided by 0.125

You asked what I do.  I am doing a dry (not liquid) micro taper as follows:

(1) I crush my Klonopin tablets into a powder and mix it with microcrystalline cellulose - here is a link https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B074HGD7LV/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1.

(2) I then fill gel capsules with this mixture so each day's capsule has 0.001 mg less of Klonopin.

(3) I just made 30 capsules so by the end of a month, I will have slowly reduced by 0.03mg.

I use the scale you just bought to make these measurements.  It is a good scale.  The math for doing a dry taper with microcrystalline cellulose is not simple but if you ever want to try it, let me know, and I will do it for you.  I am an engineer and math is my world.

To your question about "a hard time tapering down with a small dose", the answer is YES for many of us.  While it is true some people do not have this problem, MANY people have it.  You might also be paying for cuts you did weeks or months ago.  Benzo withdrawal doesn't follow a linear pattern.  But you will heal in time.

Hey Nicoco-  I do not think taking xanax as needed is a good idea at this point in your taper.  It will just cause more problems.  It sounds like your psychiatrist AND therapist are really pushy.  I would be really clear to the therapist that you would like to try some non-drug ways to address your issues.  More drugs are going to cause more problems, in my opinion. 

WW- How is it going?  Are you still holding?  I know you were very nervous about starting the liquid taper. 

KristinM-  You are so right about this whole thing being a giant guessing game.  I hate stomach aches twice after I ate chicken this week.  It's so weird.  Like could chicken really be giving me a stomach ache?  I don't think so, but it's just crazy that I am even making these weird connections.

So,  funny thing happened with my allergies. I still have them, but they just don't bother me as much.  I don't even get it.  The one thing I did this week, was I got a massage on Tuesday and I think that made just every a little better and a little bit easier. 

Hey guys!

Thank you Bob7 for the amazing tips. and help understanding the difference between the weight of the pill and the weight of the actual klonopin. That's super useful. I am not sure i am going to crush pills just yet... Reading this thread brought me to the conclusion that it might be hell if I stop now OR slowly, so maybe I just want to stop now. I have coped before, I can cope this time? And if it's so hard I feel like I might lose it (i.e. I decide to check into a psych ward), I will do the slow taper and start again. 

Greencup, I am still trying to decide whether or not to stop on may 2nd (day I see my psychiatrist), without the PROZAC (sorry, not Xanax, haha, it gets confusing!).

Yay to massages and acupuncture btw!!!

Things I have done to cope with panic attacks - gut/uturus inflammation - general fatigue - dark thoughts - :

This is very personal, but I just thought I would share!

PANIC ATTACKS: Get up! Don't lie down and try to breath through it. I usually get very close to fainting (I have fainted before from sheer panic) so it's hard to get up, but I go outside (even at night) and walk around, humming to myself, and crouch down in the earth and smell life growing - I know  :crazy: but it brings me back to what's real, tangible, faster than anything my brain can do.

Great book (among the many I have read):

DEPRESSING THOUGHTS - like a teenager :-\ (= life is useless, why do people walk around thinking that they're living meaningful lives...): This is a hard one - since the sxs are not physical. Apart from telling myself that it's just as deluded to think that life has purpose that to think it is purposeless - so might as well be happy and delusional, I don't know what to do. But recently I foudn that smelling really STRONG smells helps tremendously (essential oils that aren't sweet or "soothing" such as: Vetiver - a very earthy smell) because it helps me to step out of my brain and into my body for 5 seconds at a time. The other thing is - of course - regular exercise: Yoga asanas, early morning walks before anyone is awake, push ups - I don't overdo ANYTHING when I'm feeling down).

ANGER: This is a big one for me - I think this is yours Greencup? - I read very good advice somewhere here about coping during w/d: SLEEP whenever you want + SHUT UP when you want to say something, it just won't be nice. It has worked for me. If I am feeling really angry, and I think it's tooootally justified  ;) I think: "This is me healing and anger is me desperately wanting to LIVE, so it's a GOOD sign, and I LOVE that I have enough energy to be angry - but ... SHUT UP, nothing good will come out of this, and it won't be you talking"  >:D

GUT issues (None of you seem to have this, but it is related to allergy flare ups, getting sick often, feeling weak...): AYURVEDA diet! Eat for your dosha! At least for fun do this quiz  :thumbsup:

https://www.joyfulbelly.com/Ayurveda/assessment/Dosha?lnk=312&gclid=Cj0KCQjw2pXXBRD5ARIsAIYoEbfrEchdsxF7uey0Z7drmk2Ax1-jOtdXnhT_ZSIJdqmn1PJPuziWkzgaArQHEALw_wcB

What I love about this approach (it is a 5000 year old health and wellness plan) is that you take control of your diet according to your body type, AND you follow rituals that ground and tell your body that it is safe... leading to a more stable mind).

At the very least, stop ALL processed sugar, including dried fruit, and wheat. WHY? Because you will greatly reduce inflammation during this time where your gut is going to NEED all the love, support and compassion you can give it.

When your digestive system is strong, eat whatever the F- you want. But when your digestive system is " down" - hence inflamed because ALL of its energy is going into healing and cooling your body which is working VERY VERY hard to keep you afloat and reorganize its brain patterns during w/d _ BE GENTLE and CARING!

Drink water regularly (not 2 jugs at a time), and lukewarm. Please avoid ice cold water, ice cream, heavy, oily foods during this time.

Hope this helps a few of you  ::)

I will be following my schedule during w/d. Get up at 6 am, go for a walk no matter what the weather is like for 30 min + yoga + ayurveda rituals + healthy breakfast - Then take son to school and sleep ONLY if I need to OR/and stay busy but respectful of how I am feeling on that day. TRY NOT to stop moving even if slow. Don't leave house or go too far - I KNOW that is not an option when I am feeling angry or frightened by everything

I need to schedule acupuncture, massage,

I think wonderwoman mentioned this... I too stopped going to acupuncture (AND yoga, AND climbing, AND date nights) because of it creating more anxiety. We'll see...

Told my husband that I will not be able to make any plans and that all I will be able to do is try to be present and take care of the house and our son (some days maybe not). I don't find hm very compassionate, but then again he sometimes is my punching ball  :( 

I have a family photography business, but sadly that has been on the backburner for a while. I've lost a lot of clients. The upside is that I have time at home  :)

Thank you for opening up and sharing nicoco.

You have many real life suggestions which will help others - in particular - the advice to KEEP MOVING - even if just a few minutes. 

I just don't know what to think of your proposal to just stop your Klonopin.  I cannot do it.  I think I need to taper slowly.

The problem I have seen with just stopping and then starting again because it was too intense, sometimes people are worse off - in fact, they have trouble stabilizing at the old dose.

Hi Nicoco!! Welcome to our little group.

I have been dry tapering the whole time using a gram scale. I don’t do what Bob suggested, weighing a bunch of pills out, I just cut my pills and don’t think too much about their weight discrepancy. I am not very mathy and maybe it would have avoided some bad symptoms but I’ve been doing it this way the whole time. I am now down to .011 grams in weight. That’s about .033 ish mg. My scale is no longer giving me a good read and I was very much considering transitioning to a liquid taper but my anxiety around trying that is too high. So now my idea is to pay a huge amount of money for a precision scale that goes down to .0001 grams (weight). It’s a huge investment and maybe kinda crazy but I have less anxiety thinking about continuing as far as i can to little crumbs on a dry cut then the risk of doing a liquid taper and never stabilizing. Some people do great on it and some don’t.

I don’t think your psychiatrist has the right idea and unless she’s tried those things herself she should refrain from giving advice on how to get off a benzo. Talk to people who’ve had the experience and while we know everyone is different and some people have no trouble while other people have trouble coming off we have all been through withdrawal. I read the success stories on here they really help.

I have been much more stable and while I don’t want to tackle going back to work I am able to socialize more and stay up a little later without too much exhaustion.

I fired my therapist last week because she was so pushy with me while I was having symptoms and I just didn’t want to educate her anymore. I need a break from people who don’t get it. Instead I’m doing my meetings and talking to good friends as well as meditating and walking every day. Therapy will need to wait a bit. I still do my group therapy DBT weekly which I love.

In terms of GI issues I am really having them bad right now. Constipation is the worst as well as massive food sensitivities. I’ve just given up grain again (except corn tortillas) and feel some of the DR and cog fog has lifted.

One resource I’ll mention is Baylissa Frederick’s group you can go to Baylissa.com. She does two weekly webinars and a daily email. A lot of the folks in the group tapered really fast or did a CT and they are in some scary protracted withdrawal so I take their experiences with a grain of salt but Baylissa herself is amazing and such a wonderful support. She’s been through klonopin withdrawal and is a therapist with such a huge heart. It’s a paid group with a nominal fee that in no way equals to what she puts out with her service.

All the best and glad you made it to this group!

HERE ARE SOME RESULTS OF MY BUSPAR STUDY:

So this is my second day back on Buspar (just 3.75mg in morning) and I do think it is doing something significant for me.  It is not a cure for symptoms but it reduces the symptoms enough so I can continue my taper.  Here is why I say this.

First experiment.  I was very sick with symptoms even after about 7 weeks of holding.  I started Buspar and within a week, I was ready to begin tapering again.  It wasn't a clear fix.  I still am not sure if it was the Buspar so just holding another week.

Second experiment.  I starting tapering again (after the 8 week hold just described) but I had stopped the Buspar.  The taper was only 0.001 mg per day Klonopin.  By the 7th day, my lower back was killing me, my chest was acting funny (not pain yet), my burping was crazy, and my anxiety was up.  The symptoms were getting so bad I was considering stopping my taper and holding.

But first, I tried the Buspar again.  These last 2 days on Buspar have made things tolerable - good enough to continue my taper of Klonopin.

So, to everyone, Buspar is not a complete fix of my symptoms.  However, it does reduce the symptoms to a tolerable level so I can continue my taper. 

Hey everyone.  Lots of activity on our thread lately.  Welcome, Nicoco!  I'm glad you found those of us at a similar place in the tapering process.  That was kind of you to share tips on how you deal with some of your symptoms.

I have gut problems as well and agree that clean eating as a means to reducing inflammation is so important.  GI issues were actually my first symptom, long before this whole ordeal.  I saw a naturopath while in tolerance withdrawal at the end of 2015 and was diagnosed with SIBO and adrenal fatigue.  I started to treat SIBO at the beginning of 2016 with herbal antimicrobials and had an awful reaction. I was doing a rapid taper from K at the same time, wanting to be off all meds so my body could heal.  I didn't have any information about how to taper at that time.  Anyway, my gut was shocked terribly from the herbs and the withdrawal that I ended up with a ton of food sensitivities and was only able to drink broth and eat mainly chicken and steamed veggies for months. Did the whole gastroenterologist visits and testing: colonoscopy, endoscopy, etc.  Everything was fine.  I'm still incredibly sensitive to most foods and bloat terribly.  My diet is so limited.  I am confident though that time will heal the gut issues.  All the conventional gut healing protocols do not work for me while in withdrawal so I just have to wait it out and do what I can to limit the discomfort.

Wonderwoman - I'm glad to hear you are stabilizing more.  That's too bad about your therapist. I totally understand not wanting to have to explain yourself again and again.  You don't need that stress.  I know you were sharing the Baylissa stuff with nicoco, but I was interested to read that because I read Baylissa's book early on in my taper but have never checked out her group stuff.  Have you found it to be positive?  Like are there success stories and people there that motivate you?  I'm feeling the need to keep reaching for the hope in all of this. 

Bob - Good for you for being brave enough to experiment so you can find things that work.  Glad to hear that Buspar is helping you.  I hope it continues to keep your symptoms at a tolerable level throughout your taper.

Greencup - Keep getting those massages. Maybe it helped your allergies.  Glad the allergies aren't bothering you as much now.  I was just at an allergist's office today for my daughter.  It was crazy crowded with people waiting for their shots.

I've been so fatigued lately.  April has been hard -- similar to how January was for me.  This has been my longest hold so far and I'm kind of surprised that I'm not improving more physically.  I'm sure a lot of my symptoms are intensified by allergies right now as I have some new symptoms like my forehead squeezing, more headaches and stuff like that.  Also, since my fun chest pain episode a few weeks ago I've had very sore ribs where it hurts to touch my rib cage.  It's weird.  It kind of comes and goes throughout the day.  Has anyone had this?  I'm wondering if it's related to allergies with my airways being inflamed or if it's just sore muscles.  Also lots of heart palpitations and nerve stuff as always.  There's so much going on right now with my children and their schedules.  This causes extra stress since I have to manage all the activity and make sure I have back up plans if I can't get them places, etc.  I just wish I felt better to enjoy their stuff, you know?  Here's to hoping May is a good month!

Hey everyone!  Well my allergies have calmed down a lot and barely even bother me, but they are still there.  I think maybe they are worse at the beginning and now I am more used to them.  The massage also helped a lot.  I may go again soon.

I am actually feeling okay now.  I had a good marriage counseling session yesterday and I feel like things are going in a good direction. 

So here's where I am just not sure what to do next.  Should I cut again?  Should I hold?  I just don't even know.  We are just starting to look for a place to move to this summer.  I don't think we will move until July or August, so knowing that, I am trying to plan the rest of this taper. 

I wish I was already done tapering and could start my 1-2 years of healing now.  I can't even believe, I'm still doing this. 

Hi GreenCup,

I understand, it is hard to decide when to start a taper again after a hold.  I mean, who wants to give up a window?  PS - my allergies are better too and I think that makes for a better chance of windows.

For what it is worth, if you are in a window and have until the summer before anything big, I say start taper.  Like you indicated, we need to get done tapering so we can start the 1-2 years healing.

I know it is hard to make your next cut.  It is hard to give up your window.  I had an 8 week hold and was in a good window.  Then I started my 0.001 mg per day taper and within 7 days my symptoms were so bad I was thinking of holding again.  But before I stopped my taper, I tried Buspar again.  I think Buspar is making the symptoms tolerable and so I am staying on my taper.  Hopefully, you can find a path too.

Let us know what you do and we will cheer you on (either way).

GreenCup,

That's a tough one.  I'm sure you've considered all the scenarios.  I'd just want to make sure I had enough energy for all the planning and packing that the move would involve in addition to the actual move itself.  I feel the same about just wanting the next healing phase to start (the one where the drug is out of the body).  Like Bob said, we are here to support you through the process.

I relate so much! I am in a window now and don’t want to mess that up yet so want off this stuff too. Can you do tiny little cuts and hold for a few weeks in between? So you feel progress without destabilizing too much?

Ps is anyone scared of acute withdrawal? I know we are all doing slow tapers with holds but what do y’all think about acute, post acute and protracted? I so wish I knew people who had done slow long tapers and didn’t have those scenarios.

Bob, glad the buspar is working for you. I hope that it doesn’t cover up signs that you need to hold that’s my only thought. That happened when I did the CT of Ativan I was using CBD oil and I believe it covered symptoms up and a month after I was off I went into acute. Not to scare you it was just going through my mind and I wondered if you’d thought of that?

Kristin -Thanks so much for the support.  It's so awesome to feel accepted by people knowing my true story.

I know, Bob, who wants to give up a window?  Not me, that's for sure. 

I realize I am associating all the fighting my husband and I did, all the anger I have felt in the last six months with withdrawal, and I'm just terrified of it coming back.  My first year of withdrawal was nothing like that. 

WW- I am totally afraid of acute.  I mean, what happens when we actually step off?  Is it going to be that much different? I hate that nobody knows the answer and also that it's different for everyone.  So even if one of us has an easy time of it, it doesn't mean squat for the rest of us. 

I have been holding for 6 weeks now and it's only just gotten better.  Funny thing- two nights ago, I was feeling anxious around 5pm, and I was thinking, "This, this is what I used to take xanax as needed for."  So I decided to take my tiny dose of .0625 early.  I was thinking it would probably do nothing, and I would even forget I took it.  HOWEVER,  what happened was I got super super sleepy at 6pm.  I could barely stay awake.  I just can't even believe this tiny amount had such a profound effect on me.  That also tells me that when I stop taking it all together, I'm probably in for a bunch more problems. 

I relate so much! I am in a window now and don’t want to mess that up yet so want off this stuff too. Can you do tiny little cuts and hold for a few weeks in between? So you feel progress without destabilizing too much?

Ps is anyone scared of acute withdrawal? I know we are all doing slow tapers with holds but what do y’all think about acute, post acute and protracted? I so wish I knew people who had done slow long tapers and didn’t have those scenarios.

Bob, glad the buspar is working for you. I hope that it doesn’t cover up signs that you need to hold that’s my only thought. That happened when I did the CT of Ativan I was using CBD oil and I believe it covered symptoms up and a month after I was off I went into acute. Not to scare you it was just going through my mind and I wondered if you’d thought of that?

Thanks WW23 for the advice - it would be such a bummer to be covering up my withdrawal and then have it hit me all at once.  I guess I should try to go a few days without Buspar like every other week to test this.  Thank you for the warning.  I too am afraid of acute problems.  I still go to the office to work 3 days a week and if I get acute, that would be a problem.

Hi everyone,

Kristin, I just remembered that I forgot to follow up about Baylissa's group.  I think it's well worth the investment of 20 pounds ($40) per month! You have access to all of the past webinars, videos, audios, and more on her website.  Plus the two live webinars, a daily email and a FB support group.  I pick and choose what I listen to these days because, like I said, a lot of the folks went through a rapid detox or CT and I don't relate to their protracted withdrawal and the Q&A's are really Baylissa normalizing their symptoms over and over and over and telling everyone YOU WILL HEAL over and over and over.  The Wednesday webinars are always on a topic that is interesting like insomnia, food, anxiety etc. and I get a lot out of those.  Occasionally, I will go on the Monday Q&A and ask her a question.  She is AWESOME.  A total angel on this planet and the best resource and cheerleader.

Greencup, I totally know what you mean.  At .032 I feel it kicking in about 30mns after I take it and I fall asleep.  I always wake up 5 hours later like it wore off.  I think this stuff is potent beyond belief!

Bob, glad you are slowing down and trusting  your nervous system.  I recommend the book DARE and the apps that come with it for anxiety related to benzo withdrawal it is helping me SO much!

xoxox,

Thanks for the info, Wonderwoman.  Sounds like the group is a great resource.  Her book was so beneficial for me to read at the beginning of this and I've picked it back up a few times, reading different sections when I needed validation.

Hey everyone! Just an update.

I stopped taking my daily dose of 0.0625 K on Wednesday night. I have been feeling fine! Just fine! Normal  :)

Last night I had a « moment » where I was exhausted at 9pm, and started feeling panicky and going into the negative cycle. Realized I was absolutely exhausted and went to sleep after doing all the calming soothing exercises I have learnt over these past 2 years.

Had a weird wave of body « heat » with swollen hands and feet last night and at noon when I felt the most tired. Not sure if that has anything to do with w/d  :(

I will keep you updated. Feeling slightly shaky tonight, will be careful and cautious.

Basically I am feeling very tired. Still have brain fog in the morning so that’s disappointing... although maybe that’s my brain keeping me from speeding up... OR it’s the leaky gut . We will see

Hi nicoco,

I hope the best for you on this jump.

I know we talked not too long ago but I cannot recall the details.  How long were you on K before you started to taper and how did you taper down to 0.0625mg?