Under .125 Klonopin Club

[Wo...]

Way to go hfh! Awesome job getting to this point! I’m sorry it’s been so challenging and hoping you come out of this wave soon and can get back to how you were doing. Keep trusting in you getting down and heck we are already mid March almost and then we will find ourselves saying oh look it’s May and then August will be right around the corner. This all drags on yet somehow I feel like it was just Christmas time! So just keep up the good work you’re doing and maybe you’ll br able to pick up the pace here soon who knows! And incredible on working thru this…. Seriously, what an accomplishment and I hope you’re able to keep doing that. Will say a prayer for you and that things get less intense soon!

I’m on same path, looking at august or sept bc I’m going at .01mg a month. At .07 so you’ll br passing me up soon! I just can’t rock the boat at this point too much being so close and I have some nerves coming in every so often about is it all gonna just hit the fan bc I am doing better. Still very hard but improvement is a good thing and have to believe in any improvement are good signs.

Sending hugs your way and everyone else on the K board! Things can get better going lower, promise! Was in very dark places during my taper journey and never thought the black veil and heavy darkness could lift, but it has so much so believe it will happen for you too! This is very hard but the mental and psychological hell that weigh so heavily does start to regulate and lift and things start to normalize again. And it can happen in your taper not just once you’re off! Hugs and love!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [...]

• [Gr...]

• [Kr...]

• [Wo...]

Top Posters In This Topic

hello!

I am currently at 0.09 and for the first time in 8 months I have had OVER A WEEK of symptom free days!! (minus a little GI but who cares)... my w/d s/sx have been terrible..... headaches, tachycardia, chest pain, dizziness, pins/needles... all at once and for most days...

The only think I can contribute to my sudden change in s/sx to is the fact that I am consistently taking my propranolol 10 mg every day not "as needed" as before.

I highly recommend this drug. I am hoping this lasts and I can cut and be off quicker.

How is everyone doing?

I was doing better last time I checked in. Right now, I seem to be getting over a caffeine-induced wave. I decided to reintroduce coffee, just to see if I could handle it and see if it might even help. I felt like it was helping for the first few days, but then my sxs started getting worse. By the end of it, my head sxs were lasting all day without ceasing and I even had DR return for one day. It had been over six months since I'd experienced that. So as of Saturday, I'm off caffeine again completely, no coffee or cascara tea. I'm down to .0735 mg K today and find myself really struggling. I want off this stuff, but I can't go any faster than I'm going, which means I'm currently looking at being off by August. That seems like too long. I'm hopeful I can tolerate speeding up again soon. I always hoped I could step down by .001 mg per day when I got to .125 mg, but that has not happened. My head just gets so floaty and sedated, and I feel so off. This is still my worst symptom by far. I'm once again afraid I'm going to have to leave my job to get over this.

Hereforhelp, I am joining the .125MG today, I'm sorry you have felt off with the caffeine and trying to go down .001 per day.  I was wondering if I should speed up my weaning, as it will take me until the end of August if I don't and then also need to wean off of cymbalta.  Wishing you the best in your last part of your taper.  and thank you so much for being a support to me  while I was at my worst.  I'm hoping now that it is April 1st, you are feeling better. 

Dear All,

I am joining your club today, as I hit .125 mg earlier this week.  I did want to take a poll as to how fast/slow you went when hitting .125.  I'm doing a daily micro taper, and my taper is reducing about .0015 mg/day.  I'd love to speed it up to get done earlier than the planned September 1st jump.

How about you?  Hope everyone is doing well, and congrats on your success of getting down so low :smitten:

Dear All,

I am joining your club today, as I hit .125 mg earlier this week.  I did want to take a poll as to how fast/slow you went when hitting .125.  I'm doing a daily micro taper, and my taper is reducing about .0015 mg/day.  I'd love to speed it up to get done earlier than the planned September 1st jump.

How about you?  Hope everyone is doing well, and congrats on your success of getting down so low :smitten:

At the bottom of my signature is a link explaining how I tapered below 0.125mg. I couldn't do 0.001mg per day. I tried but it was too fast . Good luck! You're almost there.

Dear All,

You're really moving at 16.8% / 14 and increasing? Wow. That's fast. I definitely don't think you need to speed up unless you're just tolerating things very well. I couldn't do that speed. I tried. Welcome to the club! Glad you've made it.

Thankfully, I got over the caffeine-induced wave after about two weeks of stopping coffee. I'm currently reducing my dose daily at the rate of 9.25% / 14 and soon will be back at 10% / 14 for the final leg to the finish line the first week of May. I'm planning to jump at .05 mg. I'm banking on Ashton's "safe" range of 0.5 to 1 mg Valium and the range of equivalencies given for K from all sources. For some, K is only 10 times as strong as K instead of 20. I'm still having head sxs and some internal pressure pretty bad, but all other symptoms have essentially gone away. Anxiety is gone at this point. I take that as a really good sign. Unfortunately, the head stuff and pressure can be overwhelming at times.

How is everyone else doing?

Dear All,

Thanks Jelly Baby.. read your link, thank you.  Yes, I probably should not go any faster than what I'm doing, like everyone, just want to be off.  Thank you for your kind words.  I see your taper was finished in December, I hope you are doing very, very well. 

At the bottom of my signature is a link explaining how I tapered below 0.125mg. I couldn't do 0.001mg per day. I tried but it was too fast . Good luck! You're almost there.

Dear All,

You're really moving at 16.8% / 14 and increasing? Wow. That's fast. I definitely don't think you need to speed up unless you're just tolerating things very well. I couldn't do that speed. I tried. Welcome to the club! Glad you've made it.

Thankfully, I got over the caffeine-induced wave after about two weeks of stopping coffee. I'm currently reducing my dose daily at the rate of 9.25% / 14 and soon will be back at 10% / 14 for the final leg to the finish line the first week of May. I'm planning to jump at .05 mg. I'm banking on Ashton's "safe" range of 0.5 to 1 mg Valium and the range of equivalencies given for K from all sources. For some, K is only 10 times as strong as K instead of 20. I'm still having head sxs and some internal pressure pretty bad, but all other symptoms have essentially gone away. Anxiety is gone at this point. I take that as a really good sign. Unfortunately, the head stuff and pressure can be overwhelming at times.

How is everyone else doing?

Thanks for the insight hereforhelp.  Maybe I am going a bit too fast, I feel ok for the most part, but do have some issues no doubt.  At the very least, I'm not going to go any faster.  It's funny, because if one does a linear approach, it appears that you'd be done quicker.  But when I started doing the linear approach, it was not working for me. 

Awesome that your anxiety lifted, that is a good sign.  Yes, head pressure is not at all fun.  I've had that and it just stops you in your tracks.  I hope both of us can end this journey sometime this year, Here for Help.  I think you mentioned you'd be done August, while I'm hoping to be done beg of Sept.  God's blessing to you. 

Thanks for the insight hereforhelp.  Maybe I am going a bit too fast, I feel ok for the most part, but do have some issues no doubt.  At the very least, I'm not going to go any faster.  It's funny, because if one does a linear approach, it appears that you'd be done quicker.  But when I started doing the linear approach, it was not working for me. 

Awesome that your anxiety lifted, that is a good sign.  Yes, head pressure is not at all fun.  I've had that and it just stops you in your tracks.  I hope both of us can end this journey sometime this year, Here for Help.  I think you mentioned you'd be done August, while I'm hoping to be done beg of Sept.  God's blessing to you.

Yes, the linear approach can get too fast for many of us, while an hyperbolic percent-based taper can work well and allow for a more-manageable tapering experience. That hasn't really been my case, as I've had severe sxs throughout, but when I've tried to go linearly for any length of time, it became too much. Percentage cuts have always worked better.

If I were to taper down to .025 mg, It would take me until the second week of August, but I'm planning to jump at .050 mg now, because I honestly don't believe I can taper through another summer. I now have 25 days to go, and it's the longest 25 days of my life. September is not far off, Charlene! God bless you as well!

Yay HfH, your end date is close!!! Wishing you well and excited for your jump, what a great feeling! Well done.

C- I’ll be end of Aug jump as I’m at .01mg a month and trying to take it to 0…. We shall see though. Just taking things week to week. Here if you ever need a buddy in the coming months! You can do this!!!

Yay HfH, your end date is close!!! Wishing you well and excited for your jump, what a great feeling! Well done.

C- I’ll be end of Aug jump as I’m at .01mg a month and trying to take it to 0…. We shall see though. Just taking things week to week. Here if you ever need a buddy in the coming months! You can do this!!!

Boges11.... I will be end of taper around end of august, or beg of Sept,  Wishing you the best in your last months of tapering.  Hope you are feeling well :smitten:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Charlene, how are you doing? Hope manageable!!

I’m at .04mg and still aiming for late Aug jump. Hope things are going on your plan ok too!!

H4H- so happy for your jump off the poison and wish you well!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Charlene, how are you doing? Hope manageable!!

I’m at .04mg and still aiming for late Aug jump. Hope things are going on your plan ok too!!

H4H- so happy for your jump off the poison and wish you well!!

Hi Boges11 - look at you!  At .04mg.  By the end of next week (6-10) I will be at .04 as well.  So it is going as planned.  My aim is for that late aug/early sept jump. In the mean time since I'm down so low and feeling mostly ok, I thought about starting my cymbalta wean in the next few weeks.  But I'm not sure if I should.  I'm part of a facegroup page called "cymbalta hurts worse".  Most members go very, very slow, like 5% every couple weeks.  I like to get a kick start on that, but we shall see.

I hope and pray you are feeling good at your now less than .04 mg.  I hope all of us members here are doing well. 

Cymbalta can be a beast, Charlene, so if it were me, I might wait on that one, but I imagine some people have been able to taper the benzo and that one together. Everyone is different, and there's no telling how you'll do. Just pay attention to your body and don't stress it beyond what you have to.

Cymbalta can be a beast, Charlene, so if it were me, I might wait on that one, but I imagine some people have been able to taper the benzo and that one together. Everyone is different, and there's no telling how you'll do. Just pay attention to your body and don't stress it beyond what you have to.

Thanks HFH, yes, I know it is a difficult one to wean off, I'm part of a Facebook group called Cymbalta Hurts worse... unfortunately, I've been on cymbalta before and have experienced symptoms, so i do know slow and steady wins the race.  Like many of us, just want to be mental-health-med free.  Thinking of you, hope you are healing fast !!!

Hey all, I wanted to post here that I jumped from .050 mg on May 5.

Click here for my jump thread.

Congratulations on your “Fin!”! I just popped on to check a taper method and saw your post. I want to thank you so very much for all of the kindness, knowledge, compassion and patience you showed me (and others) here while I was very new and utterly overwhelmed. I wish I could repay you somehow. I’m hoping your reward is knowing you’re on your way to a happier, healthier life after withstanding so much agony. Merci! Merci! I wish you so much happiness.

❤️

CKing

Congratulations on your “Fin!”! I just popped on to check a taper method and saw your post. I want to thank you so very much for all of the kindness, knowledge, compassion and patience you showed me (and others) here while I was very new and utterly overwhelmed. I wish I could repay you somehow. I’m hoping your reward is knowing you’re on your way to a happier, healthier life after withstanding so much agony. Merci! Merci! I wish you so much happiness.

❤️

CKing

Thank you so much for your kind words, CKing. I'm thankful I was able to help ease your mind and get you started on your path to recovery; that's payment enough. I believe it's our job to help others going through what we've gone through and are still going through. We were all that scared, helpless person once who thought the world had caved in on us wondering if there was any way out. I hope things are going well for you.

❤️

CKing

Thank you so much for your kind words, CKing. I'm thankful I was able to help ease your mind and get you started on your path to recovery; that's payment enough. I believe it's our job to help others going through what we've gone through and are still going through. We were all that scared, helpless person once who thought the world had caved in on us wondering if there was any way out. I hope things are going well for you.

HereforHelp (I will always think of you as Johnny Rose 😅),

I’m muddling along. Slow going. Down to 0.6 mg since 12/22. It’s a slog, but I have no choice. Still having scale issues so I’m apparently training as a Pharmacist. 🙄

Your presence will be missed once you graduate, but thank you for paying it forward and backward. I hope to never see these boards again someday, but I try to make contributions when I can. I hope wisdom hits me down the road.

Again, happy living - drug free!

❤️

• 2 weeks later...

Well I am at .028mg today so not sure what the next couple months will be like but hoping to be at 0 by end of August. Hoping to not have to check in too much but might be needing to lean on this group some in the coming weeks!! Thanks in advance as I am a little nervous about how I’ll do after. Fingers crossed I’ve felt already what I’ll feel after and kind of know how to cope.

Hugs to everyone. 

Thank you!!

Wishing you a manageable journey and lean on here and whoever you can fam/friend wise as you need to. Hugs!!