• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ma...]

• [Th...]

• [gi...]

• [Es...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Good on everyone :thumbsup: Dishes, laundry (feels like I’m doing this all the time), groceries, Kitty’s beauty spa & photo session, outing with husband, small grocery shopping, a particularly difficult IT procedure with a govt. institution. Thought I’d go insane, but didn’t give up. Kept trying and swearing, trying and swearing... failed. Sat to the damn thing immediately after having woken up. Continued trying and swearing... succeeded... Never, never, never give up.

Went to church this morning with my family per their request for a Sunday mass and received holy communion.  But I still feel so disconnected, I'm glad I went though. 

I went to church too. I just spent five hours with an online tech support guy trying to fix my computer. I'm not sure if it is fixed or not but it was a pain in the neck.

• 2 weeks later...

Took the car to the mechanic for oil change and state inspection

Went to the bank

Scheduled appointment with my psychiatrist for Dec. 6

Vacuumed the house

I shouldn't have done these things all at once, I'm in a bad wave right now for 3 days, thought distraction would help, but I'm not sure that it has. 

Yeah - I'm in a bad wave, too today.  I have been a bit too down to post much.  I seriously can't think of anything productive for today.  So sad.  I ordered a cake.  I endured a social worker session with my son.  I'm just not doing well.  W

Found a ready made Indian curry mix in a jar that when mixed with chicken and rice is really rather good and easy to make. Also went for a 4 mile walk.

2trusting

Yeah - I'm in a bad wave, too today.  I have been a bit too down to post much.  I seriously can't think of anything productive for today.  So sad.  I ordered a cake.  I endured a social worker session with my son.  I'm just not doing well.  W

Hi wannabebetter, I'm sorry you're in a bad wave, please let me "join you."  It's my first bad wave, I'm 6.5 months out, and up to this point everything was slow/steady improvement with some bumps along the way, but nothing like this.  It came on 3 days ago, I think I know what it's from, family induced Thanksgiving stress, alcohol, and magnesium on Monday night.  What the hell, my physical symptoms are back with the vengeance, including jelly legs, lack of coordination and grip (I dropped a salad bowl and crashed it), bumping into things, perceptual distortions, and short memory problems.  Hope it will pass soon, but it's very disheartening, I just don't know what to do right now, feel discouraged. :'(

Went to the grocery store

Packed up and moved a bunch of stuff from one side of the house, moving to the other side of the house. Big moving day tomorrow, wish me luck that I will be feeling well!

Good luck with moving, Olive.

Yeah Gingerg -- I had alcohol Thanksgiving, too and managed to get through it.  But when I decorated the tree alone Sun.  I caved and had some alcohol to make Merry.  But  I am still not recovered from that day and it's 4 days out!  Booze is so tricky.  I guess I have to abstain longer.  I also recommend staying away from provigil or nuvigil if you are exhausted.  Even a little of that stuff triggers days of waves for me.  Live and learn.  W

Thanks Wanna!

Got the entire kitchen, living room, and bathroom moved today and cleaned the whole thing. Bedroom tomorrow.

We are painting our new room a nice lavender with a blue accent wall. It was nacho cheese yellow with a plum accent wall and it was awful!

Baked a cheesecake (french vanilla).

Actually, it's still in the oven, so I thought I would check-in with benzo buddies while I wait.  I'm still in a bad wave, but baking always makes me feel better. 

I put on a different shirt.  I have been depressed.  I made self put makeup on.  My ex husband brought kid over, so 2 men under roof and no make up made me feel awful. 

I replaced broken light switch. Went to the shop, bought new one and then did minor electricity job to replace broken one. Lights works again!😊

Exercised today for the first time in over a month.  Hope I won't get revved up.  Still in a wave, day 8, but really craved physical movement.  Hope exercise doesn't send me into a tailspin.  So far not feeling worse afterwards.

I got up an hour earlier than usual, showered, and got dressed and was TEN MINUTES EARLY to my doctor's appointment at 8:15am.  I was so anxious about having to get up early that I slept terribly but I did it. 

Wow - it's great how folks keep on keepin on in this hell. 

I'm still in a wave where I'm sober but hungover in the mornings and then exhausted all day despite getting more sleep.

Anyway, I made 3 business type phone calls where I have to act like a normal and then cleaned up dog crap inside since she is going downhill, I guess.  W/d won't prevent me from doing some things.  I think leaving dog crap there would be a bad thing.  Waiting for the joy, though.  W

Exercised today again for one hour (moderate cardio).  Wanted to see how I'll feel afterwards.  They say that exercise helps create new brain cells and heal from benzos more efficiently.  Didn't feel so good right after.  But after 2-3 hours, the body calmed down a little, and I began to feel some relief/endorphins.  Not easy to do though, it's tough both mentally and physically.  Exercised yesterday too for one hour (moderate cardio) and will do the same for next several days as an experiment to see if there's any positive effect on the mind/body.