ONE productive thing you did today

[wa...]

Well I know I'm getting better because I went through the longest largest horror Halloween experience I've ever had.  Eastern State Penitentiary in Philadelphia was not just a hoot -- but a sensation.  I am so glad I made myself (and the whole family) do it.  There is no way I could have handled this a year ago -- impossible a year before that.  Was this "productive"?  I dunno -- but it was awesome!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ma...]

• [Th...]

• [gi...]

• [Es...]

Top Posters In This Topic

OK - so feeling lethargic -- my sleep is still messed up.  Friday laundry,  physical therapy exercises, medical phone calls.  Saturday I ran errands without being preoccupied with how exhausted I was.  Driving was no problem - a miracle. I think I better start tackling more difficult things.

I remember thinking how I would drop to my knees and thank  God if I could ever again perform these ordinary tasks without feeling like I was dying. -- better get on my knees today.  W

Yeah - it is gratifying to have clean floors. - it truly is.  I have wood floors so it never feels done.

I made it to a candidate debate. - feeling rotten but did it.  I saw a couple of friends and I faked being a normal really well.  I am jealous of their remarkable accomplishments.  What can one learn from their own sense of worthlessness?  How to overcome it through self-love and not just doing stuff. 

Watered the garden again and cleaned the kitchen! And watched almost the whole new season of Stranger Things.. Haha. The penultimate episode is giving me too much anxiety, that will have to wait for a better day. I miss the Great British Baking Show!

I was able to pull off Halloween with decorations, etc.  My kid is too old to even trick or treat anymore but I feel obliged.  Why does everything seem so hard? 

I hid inside with the lights out.. oops!

Today I went on my morning walk.. good! I have skipped it the last 3 days

Watered the garden, did some errands

Wow, wanna. That's a lot! Good luck with the MRI. They're just noisy. Keep a stiff upper lip and think of England. Or chocolate!

I went to have a carcinoma removed from my knee.  :( I know, a weird spot. I guess that was productive?? I am feeling miserable and sorry for myself. Chocolate may be required.

Wow, wanna. That's a lot! Good luck with the MRI. They're just noisy. Keep a stiff upper lip and think of England. Or chocolate!

I went to have a carcinoma removed from my knee.  :( I know, a weird spot. I guess that was productive?? I am feeling miserable and sorry for myself. Chocolate may be required.

I think I can hack the MRI -- but if it shows nothing, which is good, then what is wrong? 

Yeah - I know that feeling sorry for myself feeling.  It is very, very difficult to drum up the resources to combat it anymore.  This is a very long ride.  I wish I could eat chocolate. 

Anyhow123 --  let us know how you're doing.  If you are still tapering. THAT is most definitely productive. W

Here I am, WBB. Manicure, pedicure, dishes, laundry, groceries, pdoc, reorganized and cleaned the kitchen, decluttering project 1% (arrghh!), Kitty’s beauty rituals & photo session, finished listening to two Audible self-help books, small shopping spree (productive?). Assembled two antique lamps by myself. Still don’t know how I did it. Ordered an antique wooden cabinet for the kitchen - have no additional space for new mugs, bowls, dishes. Started research for a new microwave (cheap & small) and a new MacBook (costly, damn it). More or less last few days. Survived and treated two infections. Still would have done everything 3 times faster without Valium and my washing OCD. Except surviving the infections. Congrats to everyone on their achievements :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Est - you've been a busy bee.  Kudos

I got through the MRI - 40 minutes plus another 15 for contrast and she got the vein, thank God, for the dye.  The cranky staff are gonna hear from me if the tests are not acceptable to read.  But for today, I did it.  Felt like hell, too.  Got teenager to the doc and raked leaves.

TA DAH!  W

Est - you've been a busy bee.  Kudos

I got through the MRI - 40 minutes plus another 15 for contrast and she got the vein, thank God, for the dye.  The cranky staff are gonna hear from me if the tests are not acceptable to read.  But for today, I did it.  Felt like hell, too.  Got teenager to the doc and raked leaves.

TA DAH!  W

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hi wanna.

Well the knee feels like c**p!. The dermo cut away a big hunk then burned it. I can't bend it without a lot of pain so I am hobbling around like Long John Silver. I guess it will just gradually stop hurting. But I'm glad I got that tiny mole looked at. Good grief!

You feeling better now?

Hi OR - - Feel pretty bad today.  Dizzy with probable very low BP.  I guess I was stressed out yesterday and it makes the AM following pretty bad.

It's been an only walked the dog kind of day.  W

Hi OR - - Feel pretty bad today.  Dizzy with probable very low BP.  I guess I was stressed out yesterday and it makes the AM following pretty bad.

It's been an only walked the dog kind of day.  W

My BP is so low I wonder how I’m still alive. I wouldn’t be without coffee. Today I have eaten and eaten and eaten. Have listened to the most revolutionary, best, wonderful audiobook on decluttering. Have been mentally preparing to first discard things that don’t bring me joy. Then organize the rest. I feel I’m gonna have some kind of spiritual awakening as a result of this book... It’s tough. I knew the Japanese were the best. I instinctively knew it... Sorry you’re feeling bad, WBB. I’m feeling lousy, but my vision keeps me alive. Kitty has been fed and cuddled.

• Popular Now