Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Over 60 help and support.

[Li...]

Soup,

Yes the LadyVillage sounds great.  Exactly what I need.

Backup if you need it, social outlet if you need it, but no feeling you have to participate.

Boy that would be great...  tiny houses spaced out far enough apart you don't hear the neighbor and are left alone; close enough there is somebody to seek out if you have a mind to!!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ba...]

• [Ma...]

• [or...]

• [Fi...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Soup,

Yes the LadyVillage sounds great.  Exactly what I need.

Backup if you need it, social outlet if you need it, but no feeling you have to participate.

Boy that would be great...  tiny houses spaced out far enough apart you don't hear the neighbor and are left alone; close enough there is somebody to seek out if you have a mind to!!

It's Our Daydream. Sure isn't a night dream,insomnia's got a grip on me now.Went shopping & was dragging ass.I take whatever little sleep will come,whenever it appears.OTC sleep aids work for fair to middling sleep,but I'm afraid to get dependent on those.

SFd

My main problem... sleep.  Well I wouldn't mind being hooked on OTC as much as these babies!  Really don't think I will be sleeping on my own as there were very few years I was able to do that, ever.

Maybe we can have an Insomnia Village, where you can do things all night that most folks do during the day.  Actually, there are enough night owls anyhow I wonder why there isn't something like this somewhere...

My main problem... sleep.  Well I wouldn't mind being hooked on OTC as much as these babies!  Really don't think I will be sleeping on my own as there were very few years I was able to do that, ever.

Maybe we can have an Insomnia Village, where you can do things all night that most folks do during the day.  Actually, there are enough night owls anyhow I wonder why there isn't something like this somewhere...

Insomnia Village /LadyVillage. Where in the world would you like for it to be established? Pick a good place!

Hey, let's not forget dog village......

Insomnia Village /LadyVillage. Where in the world would you like for it to be established? Pick a good place!

Catters,Doggos ~ all pets welcome. Farmstock & Honeybees,too!

Yes, but they have to be quiet cuz sleep is at a premium.

Hey, when we post here what time zone/place is it? (looking back through old posts...)

• 3 weeks later...

I was at 4 mg. Valium, which is about where you are, when I held for two years because I didn't think I could get off.  But when I tried again, after the two years, I had an uneventful and fast taper without bad symptoms.  So I would recommend to you that you hold for a good long time, and then try again.  You will stabilize, and you will get off.

Best to you.  Keep the faith.

There is my boy, him and the sloughs picture on here always make me smile

Catters,Doggos ~ all pets welcome. Farmstock & Honeybees,too!

• 2 weeks later...

Julianna,

Well I hope that is true.  I'm at my wits' end here.

Thinking of updosing the val or the ambien cuz just cannot function and have a bad tooth!  Any thoughts?

Have a tooth abscess-- need to get to dentist (again) and can't.  Very upset.

Am unable to deal with anything.  Either I don't sleep, worry/tremble/can't think clearly, sometimes dizzy...  and have to get this tooth dealt with somehow.

Thinking maybe of updosing the valium 10%?  Or ambien?  I don't know.  I am not making progress when I used to take ambien occasionally and now take it regularly.

I really feel quite hopeless.  I don't like what I have become and don't see this resolving in any sort of positive way.

PS I have amoxicillin... should I start taking it?  I can't make decisions, either, at all it seems!  Yes I am depressed...

thanks.

Barbara Ann .. horrible situation to be in . Re the bad tooth .. I understand a little of what you are going through. You  Just can't go to the dentist .. need to but you can't ...

I was in that situation too just this last week.  but unless I wanted to go around like a toothless front tooth person I literally had to go. barbara anne .. I was terrified ..  terrified.... I'm not telling you it will be ok for you because I don't know .. but I reached out to a lovely lady on here and she wrote me this long email , that I just kept reading an reading an it helped tremendously . On the day I had to literally make myself put one foot in front of the other to get in the door.  But it's done now ...no it wasn't easy but sometimes you have to haul yourself up by the collar and just do what has to be done .. Don't let it get so bad that you need an extraction and that's going to be a whole lot worse..

What are you going to start taking amoxcillian for ? The bad tooth? How will that help ? Might help with the infection in the short term but the tooth will still be a problem ..

Hun .. you gotta just do it .... we're here for you xxx. I know! None of this helps.. but we do care and we do also know that bad tooth/toothache don't just get better on their own  !

bozobertie

I loved your explanation...you just put one foot in front of the other and do it...

that is something i live by...i won't accept that "i cant"...so i just move on and do it and somehow it gets done and all at once it's "in the rearview mirror". I am not suggesting anything to any one else...but for me, I just do it. One.step.at.a.time.

I'm off the benzos. I have slogged through many many bad symptoms.  I'm at a better place than I was. And the road ahead will be better.

Thanks for your post.

bozobertie

I loved your explanation...you just put one foot in front of the other and do it...

that is something i live by...i won't accept that "i cant"...so i just move on and do it and somehow it gets done and all at once it's "in the rearview mirror". I am not suggesting anything to any one else...but for me, I just do it. One.step.at.a.time.

I'm off the benzos. I have slogged through many many bad symptoms.  I'm at a better place than I was. And the road ahead will be better.

Thanks for your post.

Thank u TN2451, a good reminder for all of us.....and a perfect word.......slog, says it all ;D

Bozo,

I don't know if my tooth has made withdrawal worse, or if withdrawals make tooth pain worse, and yeah, the antibiotic would be in hopes it's infected and it kills the infection... buying me a little time.

It is hot and I am all vibratey-- things are not good.

Thx for posting.

My name is esperanza. For those of you who were in tolerance withdrawal while on a therapeutic dose of klonopin, I would like to know what you experienced that let you know you were in tolerancevwithdrawal?  I, like many others, was told it did not exist and that I just needed a higher dose. I am still in shock from finding out that the drug that was prescribed to help my depression and anxiety has, not only failed, but has made me much much sicker.  I took 1 mg. daily for many years. I declined very slowly during the first years. The past three years have been a rapid downhill plunge and I have sought help for depression, been tested for every physical thing I could think of, and assumed that my problems were increasing because of ageing. Now I have to convince myself I am the one who is right. It is the Klonopin and it has hurt me,in fact, it has taken away the person I always was. I am in the fourth week of the Ashton taper. My doctor thinks it is way too slow, but is willing to humor me. He said that he did not believe I would feel any different after I was off the bento because depression was my real problem.

Hello Liz,

I am 68 and after many, many years I have reduced 90% of my initial dose...and I am still struggling but happy, as I am close to my objective...in a few months I will be totally off benzo!!!

At every dose reduction I feel dizzy, ultra sensitive to noises, insomnia and cramps in my legs ...

But do not worry: you will be fine no matter your age! It's only a matter of time and motivation.

My best

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to post in more than one spot but have such probs with these forums.  Anyhow, was looking for input on this...

sense to updose slightly valium to see if I can get stable?

I really never gave that a shot.

Does that make more sense than adding in a new med, gabapentin, as one dr. has suggested?

Thanks.

Does it make

To me it does.. but it's a personal thing.

My doctor suggested gabapentine to me as well during withdrawal. Told me it wasn't addictive and would help with the sx... hmm I read around on here and asked folks but mostly everyone felt not to bring in a new drug.  I'm glad I didn't now .. I think I did slightly updose at that time tho on the Ativan ..it really is a personal decision tho..

Personal decision, of course.  I was given gabapentin for shingles about a year ago, but I was afraid to take it, and stayed at a very low dose, quickly got off my 300 mg.

I prefer to up-dose Valium, as I have done, to keep the medications limited.

I am having very horrible fatigue.  I don't want to be fatigued the rest of my life, and I am giving some (sad) thought to not coming all the way off the Valium--ever.  I have other concerns, because I am subject to nervous breakdowns, and Dr. Ashton recommends staying on benzos if there are psychiatric problems.  But I haven't had a breakdown in 35 years, and so I am very stable.  At least and until Valium withdrawal makes me unstable.

I am so happy to finally find a forum with people who are of my own generation.  I'm 67 and have been on Ativan for approximately 20 or 25 years for all sorts of anxiety disorders. Along with that have suffered greatly with arthritis and have had 2 total knee replacements within the past 11 years.  Been on percosets during that whole time.  Decided this past February that I was going to go into a hospital here in New York and detox from these horrific medications. Never actually thought there would be another way to do it. In retrospect, however, for me detox was the best way. I went into a rehab setting afterwards where I learned all about the addiction part of benzos in my life and found out about the mental components of what had happened to my brain on these tiny nightmares. It's been a battle most days but at least there's an element of hope sometimes.  Yesterday I thought I could ask my psychiatrist for a tiny dose of something that she wouldn't give me anyway and that would help. I know 1 tiny dose wouldn't do anything. I just want relief from how I feel, So time is the only thing that works. Am I right? I think so..........

I don't know.  Having bad day.

Updosed 10% valium and confused, inert, so tired.

But reason updosed is because of feeling panic/vibrations/tired.

I guess you have to give it more than one day?

Am just scared and this has gone on so long am wrung out.

I too have plenty of very long and strenuous days filled with much discomfort, fatigue, gastro issues, fear and so many other symptoms of withdrawal. For me I don't want to spend whatever years I have left in this world on pills that ultimately put me where I am right now. They stopped helping me a long time ago. Everyone has to follow their own heart and choose their own path. Whatever that path is for you, I wish you peace in your heart.

Thank you Sue.  I have no peace.

Frankly, whatever would get me back o track I would do.  I figure don't have a lot of years left anyhow.

Always was told would be on klonopin for life...  but was not working so i tapered down and was ok  til year and half ago then all fell apart.

Maybe i should just go back on clonopin==  don't know.

Barbara, you are definitely struggling with this. Please don't give up. If you have not already, read Flip's story. If you can't find it, let me know. Going back on clonazepam/benzo's might at best be a temporary fix or not at all, but do what you must to get through this and succeed, because you eventually will. Maybe not in the time frame we all hoped for, but one day this will all be behind you.

So happy you started this. At our age it can all seem so very overwhelming. I just want to be me before this whole Xanax nightmare began. The panic and anxiety and insomnia is so scary. Plus our regular health issues! I am so worried this withdrawal will alienate my children. I feel like such a burden. And my husband,  loves me but is getting burnt out.