Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Over 60 help and support.

[Li...]

Speaking of magnesium, I started taking 350 mg of chelated magnesium glycinate several days ago and found that it helped with the tendon pain in my hands, as I've developed Dupuytren's Contracture.  However, it hasn't helped my sleep at all, unfortunately.

I cut 4 mg of Cymbalta over the last 3 weeks and went from 48 mg to 44 mg.  It was pretty brutal and I think my CNS is too fragile to try to cut the AD now that I'm only 4 months off of the benzo.  However, I really wish I could get off of it as I'm pretty sure it's agitating and making withdrawal worse. 

Who else besides me is going through withdrawal alone with no family or friends to support?  I have 1 friend who still can stand being around me, and I only hope I don't run him off as I did the others.  This drug completely changed my personality....it's like an alien is inhabiting my body. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ba...]

• [Ma...]

• [or...]

• [Fi...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of magnesium, I started taking 350 mg of chelated magnesium glycinate several days ago and found that it helped with the tendon pain in my hands, as I've developed Dupuytren's Contracture.  However, it hasn't helped my sleep at all, unfortunately.

I cut 4 mg of Cymbalta over the last 3 weeks and went from 48 mg to 44 mg.  It was pretty brutal and I think my CNS is too fragile to try to cut the AD now that I'm only 4 months off of the benzo.  However, I really wish I could get off of it as I'm pretty sure it's agitating and making withdrawal worse. 

Who else besides me is going through withdrawal alone with no family or friends to support?  I have 1 friend who still can stand being around me, and I only hope I don't run him off as I did the others.  This drug completely changed my personality....it's like an alien is inhabiting my body.

gardenlady, I'm alone in this battle too.I actually prefer it....I know,sounds weird...but I do best when I'm not stressed out worrying about having to please and anticipate other people.My whole life I've done for others,now I do for myself do as I please. I keep in touch with family & friends,they are there as arm's length support.They are always there in case of emergency.

I dealt with cancer years ago and had the added kick in the head of discovering that I was married to a totally unsupportive,unloving man. Big sickness tends to separate true from false.After getting through the ordeal,I got shed of that SOB and have been loyal to myself ever since.

Love it soup4dinner...! You go girl. I'm on my own too.. and I sorta prefer it although at times it would have been nice  to have someone help... ! But the grass on the other side always looks greener ..I made a couple of good friends on here too, but sadly one just stopped contact after a long time of sharing. I miss her .. but maybe I was too needy .. that's the trouble on your own , you never quite know when you push the boundaries too far.. !! Take care all BBxx

Love it soup4dinner...! You go girl. I'm on my own too.. and I sorta prefer it although at times it would have been nice  to have someone help... ! But the grass on the other side always looks greener ..I made a couple of good friends on here too, but sadly one just stopped contact after a long time of sharing. I miss her .. but maybe I was too needy .. that's the trouble on your own , you never quite know when you push the boundaries too far.. !! Take care all BBxx

Awww BB, I'm sorry that you've had the break in comm with your board friend. :'(

Hi 60 help/support group,

Yes,I am one of you;retired at this time after a 32 year work history...I am off the drug (ativan)...but ,still suffer occasional withdrawal symptoms ...I do prefer  my mental,physical,emotional,health now to when I was on this medication.Social interactions however, with other people both in and outside of my family are  daily challenges  :-\.....

Cakemaker :)

Awww BB, I'm sorry that you've had the break in comm with your board friend. :'(

But then I wonder if it might have been the timing.. it happened when I had jumped and she was still tapering .. who knows .. maybe it had nothing to do with me at all , and it was just about what was going on in her life at the time .. she was so lovely and helped me enormously ...I will always be grateful for that ..xxx

gardenlady, I'm alone in this battle too.I actually prefer it....I know,sounds weird...but I do best when I'm not stressed out worrying about having to please and anticipate other people.My whole life I've done for others,now I do for myself do as I please. I keep in touch with family & friends,they are there as arm's length support.They are always there in case of emergency.

I dealt with cancer years ago and had the added kick in the head of discovering that I was married to a totally unsupportive,unloving man. Big sickness tends to separate true from false.After getting through the ordeal,I got shed of that SOB and have been loyal to myself ever since.

U r not alone.  U have Puppers and one other dog, if I'm not mistaken.  And who gets a kiss from me? :smitten:

I had no drug problems and was a chronic alcoholic from age 18 until i was 35 years old. I have been to an AA meeting every day during the past 32 years and 3 months of sobriety. Eight years ago I was diagnosed bipolar with severe anxiety by a Dr WHO KNEW MY ALCOHOLISM HISTORY. On 40 mg Prozac and 2 mg of Clonazepam (as NEEDED) since 2010. I never took the clonazepam more than recommended in prescription. I even discontinued the clonazepam for MONTHS at a time...falling into deep night sweats and severe anxiety/restlessness and unbearable tinnitus. A VA Dr is now weaning me off of this benzo (had no idea this Rx was a benzo). The prescribing of this Rx over this period of time is akin to poisoning a person. I pray I can be free from this drug induced insanity and ask for ALL support. Thanks. Jeff

U r not alone.  U have Puppers and one other dog, if I'm not mistaken.  And who gets a kiss from me? :smitten:

I do indeed have my doggos,they are fine companions! I make a spreadable suet (bark butter) for birds to eat.That Pupper  >:D races out to gobble up the crumbs that fall as the birds eat.Little crumb snatcher  >:D

I do indeed have my doggos,they are fine companions! I make a spreadable suet (bark butter) for birds to eat.That Pupper  >:D races out to gobble up the crumbs that fall as the birds eat.Little crumb snatcher  >:D

I can see him snatching a crumb or two......ruff ruff ;D

Garden,

I am all alone and isolated and having very hard time managing myself.

So maybe we are similar there.

Garden,

I am all alone and isolated and having very hard time managing myself.

So maybe we are similar there.

I can't imagine the strength it takes to do this alone, u r all very brave and I respect u very much :smitten:

I have mixed feelings about being alone. The biggest problem, is everything practical that has to be done. But my ex. is amazing, he pays my bills, handles food and takes care of my dogs. We are the world's best friends, and everything works very well. But I'm still grateful for being myself, because it's so hard to explain what we're going through. I have no patience, even when I speak on the phone.

In addition, I can wear the same pajamas (how long? :)) and don`t need to take into account someone else. But I like being alone, never been there before. So for my part, this is absolutely perfect. But without the help of my ex, then this would never have worked. There is so much to do, inspection of the car, changing tires, declarations and anything else you can`t wait for. So I really suffer, from those who have no help. I just don`t understand how it goes, it must be very difficult.

Translator100, I'm so glad you have your ex to help you with life's necessities.  That's the really hard part about doing this alone...the pressure to get food, pay bills, take care of personal business, drive to medical appointments and try to appear normal to the doctor, etc....

On my way to my therapist's office a month ago, a woman ran a red light at an intersection and hit me....she tore off the front of my car.  I'm so thankful that no one was hurt, but you can't imagine the terror of being in a wreck when you are in withdrawal.  It was a nightmare...I had no one to call, so called the husband of a friend.  He came and was nice, but impersonal.  It was very difficult....I cried and wailed like a crazy woman and I'm sure he thought I was insane.

Anyway, I'm scared to drive now but have to because of medical & dental appointments, to get food, and other necessary things that I have no one to help with.

God has been good to have gotten me through, thus far.  He's my only hope and help.

Yes, even ONE close friend or relative can make all the difference.

Along you feel it is just you in a lonely universe (well mine is a lonely universe).  Ideal would be to live by yourself in a community you don't have to participate in.

So, like 2 little houses on the same lot...  or a little guest house where you are left alone.  So if you really require assistance someone is there, not nobody.

But not like an apt where there are noisy people everywhere who wake you up and you feel 'intruded' upon (or I do).

It is too hard....

Along you feel it is just you in a lonely universe (well mine is a lonely universe).  Ideal would be to live by yourself in a community you don't have to participate in.

So, like 2 little houses on the same lot...  or a little guest house where you are left alone.  So if you really require assistance someone is there, not nobody.

But not like an apt where there are noisy people everywhere who wake you up and you feel 'intruded' upon (or I do).

It is too hard....

I agree with what you has said. We need a "lady village" where everyone can live by themselves and no one is shamed or forced to participate if they prefer to be left in solitude.Yet if needed there is assistance.Apartments truly suck due to constant noise and intrusive landlord/maintenance.Little houses in a village sound just right.

It is too hard....

I agree with what you has said. We need a "lady village" where everyone can live by themselves and no one is shamed or forced to participate if they prefer to be left in solitude.Yet if needed there is assistance.Apartments truly suck due to constant noise and intrusive landlord/maintenance.Little houses in a village sound just right.

Puppers would love a village of women to make over him.....ruff ruff

What a grand idea...  I do like being on my own .. but I know in withdrawal it would have been good to have someone around . But then on the other hand when you a literally forced to go out and get groceries ( or go hungry) wasn't altogether a bad thing .( it was at the time of course!) for me and I stress for me, a lot of my withdrawal was brain stuff .. I can remember sitting in the car literally talking out loud to myself , telling myself I can do this ... I can get to the supermarket. I can drive this car... I literally had to.

I would love a little 'ladies village ' ! Love to you all xxx

It is too hard....

Barbara, do they have 12 step programs where u r?  I know that AA would welcome you, and if u r not comfortable, just say dependent , and tell some of your story.  They are there to accept and support others . I bet you would have a friend or two in no time.  It's all I could think of to maybe grow your circle of friends and support, it's just a suggestion. :)

What a grand idea...  I do like being on my own .. but I know in withdrawal it would have been good to have someone around . But then on the other hand when you a literally forced to go out and get groceries ( or go hungry) wasn't altogether a bad thing .( it was at the time of course!) for me and I stress for me, a lot of my withdrawal was brain stuff .. I can remember sitting in the car literally talking out loud to myself , telling myself I can do this ... I can get to the supermarket. I can drive this car... I literally had to.

Can I book a house in the village now? :laugh:  I can remember sitting in the supermarket car park down the road doing exactly the same thing bozo - God knows what anyone must have thought if they’d been passing the car!

@marguk .. horrible isn't it .. I've also been known to abandon my trolley in the aisle at the supermarket as well !!

[b7...]

Same here love being on my own,  its kinda a protection mechanism in some ways, and allows one to be themselves as they heal,  however when in a rough patch would just love some support by someone who understood, however forcing myself to go out and get groceries like you bozobertie  isn't a bad thing altogether, except when in a window I can overdo it, :'( and suffer stress for several days after as the nervous system settles down. 

Guess over time I will find my  balance and acceptance again as many do I hope so.  :thumbsup: 

:smitten:

Gardenlady: Now, I saw your post about the accident. It's tough otherwise, but with withdrawal, it must have been terrible. If I could, I would have sent Archangel Michael to you.

I have very easy tears, and the worst is, that I never end! A few years ago, I drove on a cat (I had myself 5). I was completely hysterical, and cried for several hours. But, what did I do? Ask my husband to print Diazepam! - of course. It was so easy, to solve everything with a small pill, the world became calm and nice. But now, I can FORGET  IT!  :)

Yesterday, I drove a car! The strange thing, is that for the moment it's going well. It takes a couple of hours to get away, I'm so nervous. But I'm just going away, so it's fine. Why are you so scared, in the four walls of the home?

Gardenlady, how are you after the accident? Is it left in the body? Hug!

Gardenlady: Now, I saw your post about the accident. It's tough otherwise, but with withdrawal, it must have been terrible. If I could, I would have sent Archangel Michael to you.

I have very easy tears, and the worst is, that I never end! A few years ago, I drove on a cat (I had myself 5). I was completely hysterical, and cried for several hours. But, what did I do? Ask my husband to print Diazepam! - of course. It was so easy, to solve everything with a small pill, the world became calm and nice. But now, I can FORGET  IT!  :)

Yesterday, I drove a car! The strange thing, is that for the moment it's going well. It takes a couple of hours to get away, I'm so nervous. But I'm just going away, so it's fine. Why are you so scared, in the four walls of the home?

Gardenlady, how are you after the accident? Is it left in the body? Hug!

Well done translator! :thumbsup:  Is that the first you’ve driven in withdrawal?  Must have been nerve-racking!

@marguk .. horrible isn't it .. I've also been known to abandon my trolley in the aisle at the supermarket as well !!

I’ve almost done that a couple of times too bozo but I managed to make myself carry on - was touch and go though!  As I gradually got better I would start to buy more and more things and I remember one day when in a window, buying a few sandwiches first of all, putting them through the checkout, realising I was still okay, going back and buying a few more things I needed.  All in all I went through the self-checkout FIVE times, eventually getting through a whole grocery shop with extras!  I kept waiting for a hand on my shoulder from a security guard and being asked what the hell I thought I was doing! :laugh: