Medical Cannabis and Cannabis CBD Oil Group

[su...]

Hi guys I'm pleased to say I finally found a strain that gives amazing pain relief after 2 years or experimenting with 8 different strains. Royal gorilla supplied by Royal Queen Seeds is amazing when it comes to pain relief and relaxation. Cant believe after all these years found the perfect plant finally!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Af...]

• [Ma...]

• [Re...]

• [or...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello

Newer here and trying to follow this thread. I am doing my taper now and hoping cbd will help. Are there success stories on using cbd during tapering and withdrawals and if so could someone kindly point me in the right direction/rations, etc. I tried a high cbd low thc oil and it have me anxiety. Is cbn psychoactive? I want to stay away from anything psychoactive. Preferably something for sleep and something for daytime.

CBN (cannabinol) is sedating.  There’s very little CBN naturally in plants; it’s what you get when THC degrades from age and light.

How much CBD to THC is your oil? What’s the ratio?

Hello

Newer here and trying to follow this thread. I am doing my taper now and hoping cbd will help. Are there success stories on using cbd during tapering and withdrawals and if so could someone kindly point me in the right direction/rations, etc. I tried a high cbd low thc oil and it have me anxiety. Is cbn psychoactive? I want to stay away from anything psychoactive. Preferably something for sleep and something for daytime.

Retail CBD products should have .3% or less THC; reputable companies should have test results available. If that amount does bother you, which is very possible for those of us on this journey, you can try CBD isolate products. It's just CBD, no THC, or any other cannabinoids.

Most information I've seen out there suggests CBN is mildly psychoactive. I've never exclusively tried it, although we have carried CBN patches on our medical side in the past.

[f9...]

Hello

Retail CBD products should have .3% or less THC; reputable companies should have test results available. If that amount does bother you, which is very possible for those of us on this journey, you can try CBD isolate products. It's just CBD, no THC, or any other cannabinoids.

Most information I've seen out there suggests CBN is mildly psychoactive. I've never exclusively tried it, although we have carried CBN patches on our medical side in the past.

If you look hard enough, there's usually a trace of THC (and other cannabinoids) in CBD isolate.  We (at the lab) take personal interest whenever a person brings in a product that they claim to be free of THC.  We've always found it, but it's usually just a trace (much less than 0.3%; more like 0.01%).  State regulators in my state have actually made it unlawful to claim a product is THC-free.

Hello

If you look hard enough, there's usually a trace of THC (and other cannabinoids) in CBD isolate.  We (at the lab) take personal interest whenever a person brings in a product that they claim to be free of THC.  We've always found it, but it's usually just a trace (much less than 0.3%; more like 0.01%).  State regulators in my state have actually made it unlawful to claim a product is THC-free.

I guess that hasn't happened here yet. We carry a couple of isolate products and test results say no THC. When you say a trace, and we're not talking about the .3% or less, do you mean like this? (It's an explanation of Charlotte's Web's CBD isolate.) "This product is tested by high performance liquid chromatography to ensure it contains no more than 13 parts per million tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). If you are subject to testing for THC, learn more prior to using this product. Click here!"

I wish I could get a the cbd blend in my state. It’s so helpful and the small amount of the doesn’t cause anxiety when combined with the cbd. Cbd alone is ok, but for me, the best effects are with a small amount of the in there. The oil is great. I made edibles with this and it really helps vaping the oil is good too. I ran out before I stated tapering and it’s not legal here, so It’s a tough call. I don’t want the stress of breaking the law added to withdrawal. It’s sad we have to deal with that.

[f9...]
Yes, that's what I'm talking about - 13 ppm isn't zero.  Reputable labs should not issue zeros, and reputable producers shouldn't claim that their products contain zero THC unless they can prove it (which is very difficult).

Yes, that's what I'm talking about - 13 ppm isn't zero.  Reputable labs should not issue zeros, and reputable producers shouldn't claim that their products contain zero THC unless they can prove it (which is very difficult).

I'll definitely look into the couple of isolate companies we carry. We don't sell Charlotte's Web anymore because they don't want to be in dispensaries, so that's the first I saw of their isolate description. At least they're disclosing truthfully. Thanks again for the info.

Still scared to try the CBD oil, it has been sitting on my dresser for 2 weeks!

Anyone notice if it helps stomach issues, or does it makes things worse for you?

Still scared to try the CBD oil, it has been sitting on my dresser for 2 weeks!

Anyone notice if it helps stomach issues, or does it makes things worse for you?

My CBD oil saved me when nausea was at its peak. I would just try it, just start very low dose and work your way up.

I would though make sure it is a reputable brand as it is now being sold everywhere. Others have commented previously on what brands are considered reputable.

Thank you, mine is more upper stomach pain on the right side, still undiagnosed:( My CBD oil if from marijuana, not hemp  here in Canada. Not sure what the difference is between the oils. I had to get a doctor's prescription.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone used medical cannibis while still tapering their benzo?

I used it before, during and after my taper.

In the beginning I was very careful; I took a plentiful amount of CBD and stayed with mostly Indica or Indica-Dominant Hybrid strains. Now I use Sativa during the day and when I need a mood lift too.

Hey all.

Here is a quick POLL:

When did you start taking CBD or mmj -- how far out were you, or was it during your taper?

What did you/are you taking -- CBD or mmj?  (what strain, if mmj)

Did you do ok with it?  Any setback(s)?

You all are tremendously FAB!

Thanks  :thumbsup:

Hey all.

Here is a quick POLL:

When did you start taking CBD or mmj -- how far out were you, or was it during your taper?

I was taking cbd while on benzos and after getting off. I didn't start using thc cannabis till after a year off i wanted to give my brain time to reset on its own. As soon as i started using it i noticed a tremendous amount of relief from benzo recovery symptoms. Never experienced any setbacks with it but I never overdid it , was very careful with dosing and treated it as a medicine.  Mainly used it at night or when depression/anxiety was extreme.  Right now i am not using thc or cbd but i would again if need be. I take breaks usually until my symptoms flare up so i'll go a few weeks or months. Would like to not use any drugs at all and wont once i am fully recovered(if full recovery is possible for me).

In the beginning i used a 2/1 cbd.thc ratio to ease into since i was afraid of being sensitive . After that went well, I tried normal bud and had no issues. I prefer indicas and indica dominant hybrids

Hey all.

Here is a quick POLL:

I was taking cbd while on benzos and after getting off. I didn't start using thc cannabis till after a year off i wanted to give my brain time to reset on its own. As soon as i started using it i noticed a tremendous amount of relief from benzo recovery symptoms. Never experienced any setbacks with it but I never overdid it , was very careful with dosing and treated it as a medicine.  Mainly used it at night or when depression/anxiety was extreme.  Right now i am not using thc or cbd but i would again if need be. I take breaks usually until my symptoms flare up so i'll go a few weeks or months. Would like to not use any drugs at all and wont once i am fully recovered(if full recovery is possible for me).

In the beginning i used a 2/1 cbd.thc ratio to ease into since i was afraid of being sensitive . After that went well, I tried normal bud and had no issues. I prefer indicas and indica dominant hybrids

Thank you for the feedback!

Hey all.

Here is a quick POLL:

I started taking it during my taper. It helped alleviate the severity of withdrawal symptoms.

Pineapple Fields MMJ strain. It's a surprisingly clear-headed high-THC sativa that elevates my mood and motivation without making me paranoid. Before I found that one through a lot of (expensive and unpleasant) trial and error, I had some success with 1:1 strains and tinctures.

It has been a godsend. In acute withdrawal it helped alleviate the worst symptoms, and in post-withdrawal it has helped me manage anxiety and depression while I regain cognitive function.

Some words of caution: Other high-THC strains made my anxiety much, much worse. I found the experimentation paid off when I found the right strain for my needs.

You're welcome!

Gwinna

Hey all.

Here is a quick POLL:

I started taking it during my taper. It helped alleviate the severity of withdrawal symptoms.

Pineapple Fields MMJ strain. It's a surprisingly clear-headed high-THC sativa that elevates my mood and motivation without making me paranoid. Before I found that one through a lot of (expensive and unpleasant) trial and error, I had some success with 1:1 strains and tinctures.

It has been a godsend. In acute withdrawal it helped alleviate the worst symptoms, and in post-withdrawal it has helped me manage anxiety and depression while I regain cognitive function.

Some words of caution: Other high-THC strains made my anxiety much, much worse. I found the experimentation paid off when I found the right strain for my needs.

You're welcome!

Gwinna

Anyone else wanna share?

I was always sensitive to marijuana in the past even though I enjoyed it when it didnt make me paranoid. I tried a concertante oil CBD and under 1% thc and it really relaxed my body. I even felt my organs relax if that makes sense. Only problem was I didn’t like the way my brain felt the next day

Hey all.

Here is a quick POLL:

I've been using THC since 1992 and CBD for the last 5 years. I've been a medical patient since 2012 and have worked in a dispensary since 2014. Cannabis is pretty much life for me. I'm a stoner. It's definitely helped me keep it together during this journey. Luckily, I've been able to continue medicating as usual, with the exception of not using much Sativa until I felt ready, at probably a year out. I've been using Indica edibles to successfully help combat my insomnia all along the way. I don't know how I'd get the sleep I did/do without them.

The CBD strain used to make my tincture is Cherry Wine.

As far as THC strains go, I just advise staying away from pure Sativas and high THC percentages until we're ready, unless we find they don't ramp up our symptoms, of course, and adding CBD to balance any negative effects. My favorite strain changes, but right now, it's Mimosa, a hybrid cross of Clementine and Purple Punch.

I think it's a matter of researching the various cannabis strains.  I have my MM card and have just begun my own grow with seeds from a plant with low THC and high CBD.  As many noted, high THC (mostly sativa strains) can cause a paranoid or anxiety response.  I need a bit of THC for the extra energy and high CBD for pain relief from an unrelated condition and help sleeping.

I intend to consume all parts of the plant in smoothies and baked goods and such.  There is a lot of healing that can happen with consuming even the leaves of the plant which will be full of phyto chems.

I am months away from my first harvest.  I'll let you know if it worked out for me.

Grandma Libble

[f9...]

I used cannabis (THC-dominant) some of the time while taking benzos (I slept even better using it), and continued using it during my (ct) withdrawal.  I tried CBD.  It was relaxing, but didn't put me to sleep.

I've been a chronic insomniac much of my life (at least since my early teens).  I now regularly use cannabis at night for sleep.  It's most definitely addictive, but for me the withdrawal is 0.0001 as intense as a benzo withdrawal.