Medical Cannabis and Cannabis CBD Oil Group

[su...]

[d1...]

Most strains have worked for me.  The exceptions have been the terpinoline-rich strains which seem to give me night sweats.  I actually think that varying strains helps me.  Each time I finish a flower and start a different batch, I seem to sleep a little better.  Go figure????

I use an alcohol-based tincture about an hour before bedtime.  It helps me stay asleep.  Most of the terps are baked out of it.  It's mostly just THC (and a little CBN).  I also smoke a little flower just before bedtime which seems to help me fall asleep faster.  Again, the strain doesn't seem to matter very much as long as it's not one of the few (terpinoline) strains that seem to bother me.

This is what works for me.  It's the result of years of experimentation since US medicine's knowledge of cannabis is pretty immature.  Since we're mostly on our own, I implore people to keep track of what they use and how it works.  Look at COAs.  Photograph them.  Pay attention to all of those cannabinoids and terpenes.

I most definitely have good nights and bad, but I'd say I get 6+ hours of sleep 3 of 4 nights.  That's not bad for me.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Af...]

• [Ma...]

• [Re...]

• [or...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I got rid of a horrible weeks long migraine with a 20:1 tincture and some high CBD bud.  I added a 1:1 tincture for night time.  I think it helps me sleep better.

Even tho I am very familiar with cannabis having lived for 34 years at ground central (Humboldt County CA) it is only when I moved away from all the hype that I can now appreciate the *shockingly effective* products out today.  What a shame this medicine was demonized and made illegal.

I thought I was doing good sleeping but even with my CBD I can’t get more than about 6 and I’m waking all the time. My anxiety is through the roof!! Could my CBD which I just started back using be making it worse then? I’ve read through the posts and think I will stop. Unfortunately where I live my, the psychiatrists won’t give mm cards even though I qualify. Could my withdrawal symptoms just be getting worse?

[d1...]

I thought I was doing good sleeping but even with my CBD I can’t get more than about 6 and I’m waking all the time. My anxiety is through the roof!! Could my CBD which I just started back using be making it worse then? I’ve read through the posts and think I will stop. Unfortunately where I live my, the psychiatrists won’t give mm cards even though I qualify. Could my withdrawal symptoms just be getting worse?

Those dosage cuts you've been making are pretty large - far greater than the 5-10% cuts that we generally encourage.  Before looking at CBD's effects, I'd consider a slower, more evenly-paced taper. 

I’m almost 18 months off taking any benzo I’m interested in trying CBD oil full spectrum highest grade I like to get some input from anybody who’s been on CBD for a while and see if it help with their anxiety or calm them down. Right now I’m having some good days and some breakthrough anxiety days I’m sure this is due to the roller coaster ride of healing your input is greatly appreciated.

I’m almost 18 months off taking any benzo I’m interested in trying CBD oil full spectrum highest grade I like to get some input from anybody who’s been on CBD for a while and see if it help with their anxiety or calm them down. Right now I’m having some good days and some breakthrough anxiety days I’m sure this is due to the roller coaster ride of healing your input is greatly appreciated.

My personal experience is it helps me about as well as any other supplement I take, like ashwaganda or melatonin. THC is the real MVP for me. I was hoping someone with a more positive experience would comment.

I do think it helps; I've definitely heard and read that it's been helpful to lots of people. I think it's a try it and see kind of thing. I do take it everyday, and have for years, 30-50mgs currently, because I work in a dispensary, trust/love my grower and get a discount.

I fully believe in its potential to help with a host of things, though, especially people with epilepsy; it just isn't a medicine like THC is for me.

My personal experience is it helps me about as well as any other supplement I take, like ashwaganda or melatonin. THC is the real MVP for me. I was hoping someone with a more positive experience would comment.

I do think it helps; I've definitely heard and read that it's been helpful to lots of people. I think it's a try it and see kind of thing. I do take it everyday, and have for years, 30-50mgs currently, because I work in a dispensary, trust/love my grower and get a discount.

I fully believe in its potential to help with a host of things, though, especially people with epilepsy; it just isn't a medicine like THC is for me.

I also get much greater relief from THC than from just CBD. I use for sleep and nausea. I used pretty much daily for a year plus than found some weeks I was sleeping fine so I don't use those weeks. Now I am in a week where sleep is hard, so using again. I live in NJ where legal weed is expensive but sleep is so important to everything, so I am okay with it.

I find for me small doses of thc with high amounts of cbd at night work great. I have my medical card here and utilize MJ daily. Mostly cbd with trace amounts of cbd. Lately I’ve been eating half of a 1:1 cbd/indica cookie at night and it really styles me in.

I love that it is legal here so I can tune the dial that fits my tolerance since every product has a label with active amounts of cbd, thc, cbn, etc including strain and when harvested.

Can taking CBD cause anxiety? I have taking 25 mg total split three times daily of CBD since  last Tuesday and getting mixed results  some I ok other days anxiety I purchased Stanley brothers full spectrum 60 mg so 25 mg as a low-dose starting out. I made 18 months from my last Benzo.

CBD strains can be Sativa, Hybrid and Indica too, and Charlotte's Web is considered a Sativa, so yes, it can definitely potentially cause anxiety, especially for us in our sensitive states.

You can use leafly.com to look up CBD strains and see what might work best for you. Here's the page for CW: https://www.leafly.com/strains/charlottes-web

Thinking about checking. Into CBD or medical marijuana to help with withdrawal symptoms and sleep.  Any suggestions?

I use THC indica to help with sleep and nausea.

[5f...]

Thinking about checking. Into CBD or medical marijuana to help with withdrawal symptoms and sleep.  Any suggestions?

I use THC indica to help with sleep and nausea.

[/qu I would like to get off Ambien and use that instead.  Guess I should check into getting a card.  Does it help with good sleep?

[d1...]
Cannabis-induced sleep quality is considered to be much better than benzo-induced sleep quality.  There are published scientific articles on this.

Hi all,

Someone here has mentioned a recipe for an indica tincture.....I´m thinking it was maybe Oragonkatz, but I can´t remember for sure.

So, to whomever it was, would you be willing to share your recipe?

Also, what is your dosing like?

Thanks

Cannabis-induced sleep quality is considered to be much better than benzo-induced sleep quality. 

FOLLOWING

I hope to find how CBD is used specific for insomnia.

There's so much darn marketting hype (even on ncbi) getting to "Just the Facts Jack" - what to take and when, to SLEEP should NOT be so impossible to find.

THANK YOU all for the intel.

LC

Cannabis-induced sleep quality is considered to be much better than benzo-induced sleep quality. 

FOLLOWING

I hope to find how CBD is used specific for insomnia.

There's so much darn marketting hype (even on ncbi) getting to "Just the Facts Jack" - what to take and when, to SLEEP should NOT be so impossible to find.

THANK YOU all for the intel.

LC

Well, I can share my own experience. I find CBD to be activating. It does not help me sleep. I use a high THC tincture (I have a medical marijuana card) to help me sleep. Others seem to find relief with just CBD. Unfortunately, I don't think you are going to find the definitive info you are looking for. The demonizing of CBD/marijuana means not enough research has been done.

LC, I do not find CBD marijuana to be at all useful for sleep. Inflammation (I have bad knees) yes; sleep no. I use a high THC indica for sleep. It's extremely effective.

Hope this helps,

:smitten:

Katz

The demonizing of CBD/marijuana means not enough research has been done.

Good call on the Activating. I've got primary (organic) insomnia & combat PTSD, or I'd never met Xanax to begin with. 

Lets not forget "Hatful of Hype" marketting thrown in. There's all kinds of snake oil, now little shops in even my backward state, meanwhile the FDA and BATF are haggling over how much "TAKE" they're entitled to...

It's zero-stupid-30. It'll grow in the yard like dandelions but the US is in debt...

Same thing goin' on with Vaping, Phillip Morris, RJ Reynolds etc.  & BATF are all in the mix, pretending to fix what was never broken  :idiot:

I'm on fixed income, $40 bucks is a pretty big wager... But I'm still tapering... There will be time to find what works for sleep switch

THANK YOU  :thumbsup:

LC

The demonizing of CBD/marijuana means not enough research has been done.

Good call on the Activating. I've got primary (organic) insomnia & combat PTSD, or I'd never met Xanax to begin with. 

Lets not forget "Hatful of Hype" marketting thrown in. There's all kinds of snake oil, now little shops in even my backward state, meanwhile the FDA and BATF are haggling over how much "TAKE" they're entitled to...

It's zero-stupid-30. It'll grow in the yard like dandelions but the US is in debt...

Same thing goin' on with Vaping, Phillip Morris, RJ Reynolds etc.  & BATF are all in the mix, pretending to fix what was never broken  :idiot:

I'm on fixed income, $40 bucks is a pretty big wager... But I'm still tapering... There will be time to find what works for sleep switch

THANK YOU  :thumbsup:

LC

There is an insomnia board that you might want to check out. I personally find that a very low dose of melatonin, thrown in with 100 mg of ltheanine and 500 mg of taurine help me sleep. And then high thc indica when all that fails.

low dose of melatonin, thrown in with 100 mg of ltheanine and 500 mg of taurine help me sleep. And then high thc indica when all that fails.

Lurked the insomnia "channel". Sadly, a great deal of hocus pocus (CBT, Meditation etc) mostly 'Placebo', few 'SOLUTION oriented stuff.

Got a big sack of Taurine powder, I'll hang on to that. Found 5 mg quick disolve Melatonin - it really helps get over the hump these short Xan doses. Melly hit's quick but there a Max "Effect Envolope" of 30 minutes (meh) - take, lay down NOW.

Have ya tried HOPS? They work pretty good, a strong tea. Haven't found 'em local since the organic-hippy Co-Op moved ... Need to find the seed, and how to grow, they've many benefits.

You've been a HUGE help, I'll look into the L-theanine. tbh I'd go with normal hooch, but my son can smell it from 50 yards  :-[

LC

low dose of melatonin, thrown in with 100 mg of ltheanine and 500 mg of taurine help me sleep. And then high thc indica when all that fails.

Lurked the insomnia "channel". Sadly, a great deal of hocus pocus (CBT, Meditation etc) mostly 'Placebo', few 'SOLUTION oriented stuff.

Got a big sack of Taurine powder, I'll hang on to that. Found 5 mg quick disolve Melatonin - it really helps get over the hump these short Xan doses. Melly hit's quick but there a Max "Effect Envolope" of 30 minutes (meh) - take, lay down NOW.

Have ya tried HOPS? They work pretty good, a strong tea. Haven't found 'em local since the organic-hippy Co-Op moved ... Need to find the seed, and how to grow, they've many benefits.

You've been a HUGE help, I'll look into the L-theanine. tbh I'd go with normal hooch, but my son can smell it from 50 yards  :-[

LC

Good luck! Yes, I do use hops on occasion; it is hit or miss for me. I use my medical marijuana in an alcohol tincture so no smell, and I bought an ardent decarb machine that I now use outside so there isn't a smell then either. Although my kids are older (17 and 20) and know that I am using the medical marijuana to help with the benzo fiasco.